• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucis

1017 is a vicious circle.
The more it happen, the more it scares people not to log off, and the more it will happen.

Well hate to be part of the problem

crozier

Damn. Thought I had the timing down so where I wouldn't need to stay logged in. Guess not...

Against my better judgment (and personal history with MMOs) I'm going to keep paying and playing under the assumption that this will get fixed within the next month or so. Or that the issues will simply go away on their own as people call it quits.

When I'm playing, the game is *really* fun...something that can't be said for many MMOs nowadays. I really miss the specialized roles--tank, healer, dps--that developers are shying away from in favor of a one-size-fits-all-just-zerg-it approach (GW2). I'd rather wait in a dungeon queue than have a homogenous player group with only superficial differences.

K.Sabot

So any PS3 CE owners here?

Is the CE rewards code the same as the registration code that is in the game box?

Also shoutouts to not logging out ever, saved me a lot of pain.

WolvenOne

Glad you got in and yes I agree about the server situation...Also Update 3...My game crashed im out again lol! 3102 error. Thats the really bad one isnt it? Character still logged in error.

Yeaaah, but unlike a week ago, it shouldn't be keeping you checked as logged in, in perpetuity. It just means the servers are taking a few minutes to register that you were abruptly logged out, happens on a lot of MMO's.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Lol I log out for less than 90 seconds and Gilgamesh is full.

aEP1qmz.gif

Square-Enix got back to me about my double service account situation and said it'll be resolved in two days. Now it shows that there are no valid service accounts under Mog Station. Hopefully that means things are happening.

pleunv

This is getting pretty ridiculous, server's been full without an option to queue for almost 3 days now. Why they're not activating the queues is beyond me. It's like they're deliberately trying to piss people off. Well it worked, I'm done trying.

How did SE plan so horribly for this. We all wondered how they could botch XIV 1.0 so badly after so much experience with XI. Then they show XIV ARR and we're so happy again and they go right back to botching.

Ploid 3.0

Wow SE say people are not allowed to play any other music but the music that was designed to be used by the game for videos. Twitch users are following the "rules". SE is crazy with all these rules, what next, no commentary and if you do talk it must be positive?

Ferrio

Banned
Wow SE say people are not allowed to play any other music but the music that was designed to be used by the game for videos. Twitch users are following the "rules". SE is crazy with all these rules, what next, no commentary and if you do talk it must be positive?

So playing the Benny Hill theme while trying to get passed the login screen is not allowed? :(

morikaze

Banned
So I logged in and my character from 1.0 I don't want anymore is still there from a server I don't want to be on. Is it possible to make a new character for free and have the old one removed?

WolvenOne

Not surprised really. Japanese developers/publishers are having a really hard time wrapping their heads around the whole streaming thing. They're used to having almost complete control over how their games are portrayed, especially in their native country. So the idea that random people can show raw gameplay, and comment on it, without their say at all, well it makes them extremely uncomfortably.

Its not going anywhere though, so they REALLY need to get over it.

Kokonoe

Banned
I am honestly getting rather tired of not being able to play the game I've purchased. I purchased the collectors of 1.0 for 70$+ when it came out, and I decided to buy the latest collectors to support the game. I've gotten 6 people to buy the game, where we were all excited to get into the world, but these issues are really souring my experience.

I've been rather patient, saying to myself each day "I'm sure it'll be fixed by tomorrow, I'll try again then" and it ends up never being the case. I've felt like I didn't really get a "early access" as each time I tried to play, except for one time in which I played for about 20 minutes, I either can't play or I get disconnected within 5 minutes due to an error and cannot proceed to log back in. I have not had a chance to truly enjoy this game, despite it being out since the 24th.

I noticed Yoshida apologized here

An Apology to Our Players Using NA/EU Data Centers

but there is no solution, so there really isn't much to make me feel better.

The "launch" issues this game is having is more worse than any other launch MMO I've experienced, and I never had an issue playing Tera despite the initial stuff on the first day, yet, still was able to play. They need to fix something and do it soon.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah good luck with that. Youtube I'd be believe, but not Twitch.

Twitch was doing something to people that streamed FFXIV videos before today. Destiny (popular streamer) streamed not knowing about the no video rule and that ended quickly. That was a copyright claim situation too (you can use screen shots but not video) not a NDA.

Anyway, Chocobo music all day.

notworksafe

Twitch was doing something to people that streamed FFXIV videos before today. Destiny (popular streamer) streamed not knowing about the no video rule and that ended quickly. That was a copyright claim situation too (you can use screen shots but not video) not a NDA.

Eh, S-E has admitted before that it's basically impossible to control streaming of an MMO in OB/EA before. Destiny got nabbed cause he's big time. But now, and especially cause it's already out, stupid rules like that don't mean a damn thing.

Eyothrie

So, my physical box arrived today, sealed in plastic from ShopTo.

Already playing the game, got my Cait Sith and Mog Cap, so.... what is this for? Do I need it for anything, or better still, has it come with a completely different code someone else could use?

I assume I already have 30 days running, or is that whats in here, a third code to shove in this things gob?

You're playing early access. EA ends Thursday, so you'll need to enter your 30-day code in your physical box in order to continue playing past Thursday

2San

The "launch" issues this game is having is more worse than any other launch MMO I've experienced, and I never had an issue playing Tera despite the initial stuff on the first day, yet, still was able to play. They need to fix something and do it soon.
It baffles me that they can't get a login server and queue working in 2013. They had time to create a fix as well. You are just incompetent at this point.

Velocity

I know I really, really shouldn't be, but I am surprised by how poorly the server situation is going. Now that I want to make a fresh character on a server that all my buddies decided on, I can't due to it being at the limit for new characters. It's also ridiculous that I'm seeing, at times, every server incapable of taking on new characters. I have my legacy character on Sargatanas I can fall back on, but I really do feel like starting fresh.

I can see by the posts that even if I had a character on a server, there's issues with being able to login or there are huge queues. I'm seeing that this "Early Access" is more of a last minute stress test. I can't see a reason for almost every single US/EU server to be at capacity, aside from a huge oversight on SE's part. I really, really don't want to be down on this game, especially since I've been such a supporter of it, but not being able to play with my friends who are already leveling before I can even make a character is really killing my enthusiasm here.

WolvenOne

I am honestly getting rather tired of not being able to play the game I've purchased. I purchased the collectors of 1.0 for 70$+ when it came out, and I decided to buy the latest collectors to support the game. I've gotten 6 people to buy the game, where we were all excited to get into the world, but these issues are really souring my experience.

I've been rather patient, saying to myself each day "I'm sure it'll be fixed by tomorrow, I'll try again then" and it ends up never being the case. I've felt like I didn't really get a "early access" as each time I tried to play, except for one time in which I played for about 20 minutes, I either can't play or I get disconnected within 5 minutes due to an error and cannot proceed to log back in. I have not had a chance to truly enjoy this game, despite it being out since the 24th.

I noticed Yoshida apologized here

An Apology to Our Players Using NA/EU Data Centers

Well, whats been working for me, is that I've been waiting until 10pm or so, when the east coast players go to bed. I'll admit though, that unless you're functioning on Mountain or West Coast time, this probably won't work for you.

As for the situation, well, according to that letter they are working on it, and I'm sure that is true. Between that, and the gradual settling of traffic as days go on, I'm sure things will get easier sooner rather than later.

I definitely understand your frustration though.

crozier

The new character limit isn't really a hard cap. You can still create a new character on any server so long as you try at a time when the server isn't getting hammered. You can still create a new character on Ultros, for instance, if you try at midnight PST.

To be honest except the saturday instances problem (even so you could play), and the sunday login cockblocking in which after all I managed to get in, I have barely had any issues. Sargatanas is quite stable right now except some lag spikes and I barely had to wait to enter today.

I know I'm with the lucky ones, but I can't call the launch the biggest MMO disaster like some people are claiming.

Functioning on Mountain West time (Denver here) is probably the only reason why I've been able to log on for any amount of time. Though that was on my days off so I'm not feeling particularly lucky now that I'll be returning to work.

To be honest except the saturday instances problem (even so you could play), and the sunday login cockblocking in which after all I managed to get in, I have barely had any issues. Sargatanas is quite stable right now except some lag spikes and I barely had to wait to enter today.

I know I'm with the lucky ones, but I can't call the launch the biggest MMO disaster like some people are claiming.

Of course not, you're actually able to play the game you paid for.

WolvenOne

It's always the biggest launch disaster ever, when YOU'RE the one being affected. XD

To be fair though, its never a big deal when you're the one that isn't. It probably takes a dispassionate outside observer to make a truly objective judgement, and none of us really fit that bill.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Bah got booted, doing a FATE

CE arrived from UPS, put code in, try to log back in 1017 appears, World is Full

Awesome

If it's done @3PM EST what the hell happens @ Prime-time 6-11PM EST LOL

Edit: Woo-Hoo I'm In!

Eusis

I find jumping in during the typical early evening hours has been the worst post-Sunday. Probably because that's when everyone gets home, and you reach a certain point where ALL NA timezones are in a position to spam the hell out of the game. Just a bit later in the evening and it's easy to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom