• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Yup, check out the MogStation

I've gone on there, selected 180 days and applied it. It shows as:
Next Estimated Date of Billing Sep. 10, 2013
End Date Sep. 9, 2013
Payment Method
Credit Card/Debit Card
Next Estimated Service Fees
GBP 34.14

In my list of subscriptions on the old site (that it links you to if you click one of the links to check the subscription). Will I not get the stuff until the 10th?

Rootbeer

Banned
is ultros still full? i sorta want to play my char today you know. to experience the official launch and stuff.

EDIT: i mean 1017 error.

I am getting the 'full' error but I can get into queue after a dozen or so tries... much better than it was a few days ago

Manik

What in the actual fuck is going on over at SOE? I want to play with a friend on Diabolos, yet they have actually closed character creation on not one, but like TWENTY servers?

That is so far beyond acceptable I don't know what to say. My buddy is trying to play as we speak and he can ONLY create on a Japanese server. From Portland.

Is this permanent?

Same situation here - I have a friend on Shiva (EU) who I can't play with, because they've stopped allowing character creation. And there isn't a single EU server with character creation open. I have the choice between 2 NA servers, or a JP server. All the while, I'm losing my play time.

Question is - Do I risk creating a character on a JP server and hoping they offer free server transfers when it's all resolved. No way am I paying for a transfer after this debacle.

This damn Lv 30 GLD quest...
I give up till im Lv34

When you get to the top of the bridge, go straight for the Roeg. Mage. He will go down fast. Focus on the beast when he spawns and pull/turn him so that his attacks are directed away from the NPCs. Once the beast is dead, just finish off the adds. Easy peasy.

Mugaaz

So is questing the fasted way to level? I'm a healer and kind of wanna just chain dungeons for exp.

FATEs trump everything. Not remotely close if your first class. 1st time Guildhest beat FATEs, subsequent Guildhests are ABYSMAL. On your second class Dungeons are close to FATE, but FATE still wins if you're comparing it to dedicated FATE groups in the good FATE zones.. For dungeons you if you can get chain bonuses it can get absolutely crazy.

You need to do the story missions and most dungeons to progress to the end game content. You can't skip it, so why not do it while it's level appropriate? The leveling speed in this game is blazing fast, I don't understand why people are willing to make it unfun to level 15% faster. There have been games where I'd cut myself to increase the speed, this is not one of them. I could have hit 50 today if I didn't have to work.

Tarazet

FATEs such as a CNJ though. You get squat for healing people and don't have any burst damage so getting Bronze is pretty much a given.

The way around that is to party, which means you can't use the Duty Finder.

You get points for being on creatures' emnity list, so spam your big AoE heals and try to get aggro.

Zand

Neo Member
Don't think I can pay right away.

Here's what it looks like on the Mog Station under Account Services.

image_zpsf451b042.jpg

Hm, my MogStation account page doesn't look like that at all. Am I supposed to get another code from SE at some point prior to the 3-day grace period being done?

daveo42

Banned
FATEs such as a CNJ though. You get squat for healing people and don't have any burst damage so getting Bronze is pretty much a given.

The way around that is to party, which means you can't use the Duty Finder.

You just need a party. Based oon party contribution, you get a base medal at this point. After that, you add in a few hits, even if it's just Aero or Stone and you'll get gold every time.

I ran mostly fates from early 20s through 40 (current level) and have had little to no issue with getting credit for FATEs. Just make sure you are partied up.

I also think just spamming Medica might help to boost your FATE rank, but I'm not 100% positive on that one. I'd have to test it a bit to make sure.

When you get to the top of the bridge, go straight for the Roeg. Mage. He will go down fast. Focus on the beast when he spawns and pull/turn him so that his attacks are directed away from the NPCs. Once the beast is dead, just finish off the adds. Easy peasy.

That's what I have been trying but
Mylla
dies so fast.
Even tried giving her a few heals but that doesn't help much.

aceface

So which server is most of GAF playing on? I'm not sure what server I should choose.

Ultros but it's been hella hard to log on. There's some servers that are less populated apparently.

Today there were 199 people from the gaf free company logged on at one point.

Victrix

*beard*
There is literally one open server I can make a character on. This is fucking stupid. I don't play mmos to play alone, I play them with my friends.

TheFatOne

Ultros but it's been hella hard to log on. There's some servers that are less populated apparently.

Today there were 199 people from the gaf free company logged on at one point.

Well it looks like I won't be playing today since it's going to take me about 19 hours to download the client at the speed it's currently at. Hopefully when I finally get a chance to play I can pick Ultros.

Edit: Is there a torrent perhaps that I can use to download the client?

That's what I have been trying but
Mylla
dies so fast.
Even tried giving her a few heals but that doesn't help much.

Is all your gear up-to-date, including jewelry/accessories? The adds on the way to the top should die in like 2-3 hits each. Make sure you kill them on the way instead of running straight to the top. Mylla should have plenty of life left by the time you reach the top of the bridge and the mage will go down really fast. After the mage is down, take out some of the adds while you wait for the beast to spawn. You get a 'Power of the Echo' buff or something like that, so you should be doing a lot of damage.

Oh thank god!
finally!

Is all your gear up-to-date, including jewelry/accessories? The adds on the way to the top should die in like 2-3 hits each. Make sure you kill them on the way instead of running straight to the top. Mylla should have plenty of life left by the time you reach the top of the bridge and the mage will go down really fast. After the mage is down, take out some of the adds while you wait for the beast to spawn. You get a 'Power of the Echo' buff or something like that, so you should be doing a lot of damage.

I finnaly got it. went and bought a new sword that was +3
Got up there much faster that time.

well, went out for some lunch and logged out and now 1017 errrywhere.

i am happy though, finally got LNC to 30, working on MRD now and my chocobo is learning his way out of the pits

Eyerox

Hm, my MogStation account page doesn't look like that at all. Am I supposed to get another code from SE at some point prior to the 3-day grace period being done?

You should get a game code. I dont think SE has sent theirs out yet. I'm sure Amazon has, and I have seen reports that GMG has.

Sakura

I find FATEs to be really annoying to use to level. Constantly running all over the place, getting there and it's already over. Or there are so many damn people doing it you can't even see the enemies.

Jira

As someone looking in on this whole thing from the outside, Yoshi isn't to blame here. Yoshi took a complete abomination of a game and turned it into a solid and respectable MMO in a matter of two years. That alone is nothing short of amazing. Who is to blame here is their network team who should have had the foresight to implement a real queue system and an AFK timer as those are needed to insure people can actually get into the servers. It's pretty ballsy of them to put such immediate effort into the JP servers when there's far, far less people on those than NA/EU. They're not allocating their resources correctly and this is going to hurt them. I understand their reservations to not want to spend the money on extra servers cause it'll leave some of the eventual lower pop servers high and dry and they'll have to merge/close them later anyways. It ends up being a catch-22...do you keep a small amount of servers now to keep costs down but piss of your users and potential users and then lose out on their money or do you bite the bullet, put in more servers and then merge later?

Moaradin

Just did the level 32 dungeon. Best one so far. The mechanics are starting to get difficult. The last boss had some professor putricide shit with that acid.

Pachimari

So I pre-ordered and thought I were supposed to get a Moogle Hat and a Minion but am I supposed to get a 20-digit code through email or in the box?

When I try logging in to Lodestone it also gives me this message:

"Use of the Lodestone requires a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account with at least one character.
Please log-in again after you have created a character in-game."

But I have been playing with my character for the past couple of hours.

Zand

Neo Member
As someone looking in on this whole thing from the outside, Yoshi isn't to blame here. Yoshi took a complete abomination of a game and turned it into a solid and respectable MMO in a matter of two years. That alone is nothing short of amazing. Who is to blame here is their network team who should have had the foresight to implement a real queue system and an AFK timer as those are needed to insure people can actually get into the servers. It's pretty ballsy of them to put such immediate effort into the JP servers when there's far, far less people on those than NA/EU. They're not allocating their resources correctly and this is going to hurt them. I understand their reservations to not want to spend the money on extra servers cause it'll leave some of the eventual lower pop servers high and dry and they'll have to merge/close them later anyways. It ends up being a catch-22...do you keep a small amount of servers now to keep costs down but piss of your users and potential users and then lose out on their money or do you bite the bullet, put in more servers and then merge later?

You do what you can to keep as many people playing / paying your game in the present.

Salaadin

I find FATEs to be really annoying to use to level. Constantly running all over the place, getting there and it's already over. Or there are so many damn people doing it you can't even see the enemies.

Theyre good for random XP or just fucking around but Id hate it if I used it as my primary XP tool. Dungeons might be slower XP but youre in a tighter knit group and theyre just more fun to do, imo.

someone posted earlier in the thread that in order to get their code from their order on the SE store they had to do a google search for "Square Enix store history", then log into that page, and they were able to find both their pre-order, and actual game code from there.

Edit: here's his post

So,
for those of you that ordered through the Square Enix store (like me), here what I did to find my serial #. Essentially, you need to look up your order history.

Of course, being Square Enix, they make this a pain. Such a pain that I still have no idea how to access the order history page via their website. Instead, I used Google and put in "Square Enix Order History". The first link sent me to a page asking for

Order # & Password

or

Email and last 5 digits of your credit card. I did the 5 digit cc.

Anyway, this will give you an order history, on the history there was a early access code and a serial code. I put this serial code into Mog gathering and got it to work. Sorry for the long explanation.

I totally agree on the queue system and posted about it earlier here. It's causing a lot of undue frustration. The AFK timer is easily circumvented and really only a short-term solution that will later become an inconvenience. I do like Wolven's idea of implementing an AFK timer that becomes active only when concurrent users reach a certain threshold.

It's already been confirmed that they are adding servers and beefing up their data centers. These improvements will not be in place until later this week or early next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom