• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jira

You do what you can to keep as many people playing / paying your game in the present.

I agree personally as your current customers should always be your priority first and THEN set your sights on obtaining new ones. If you piss off your current customers they'll tell other people and then those other people won't even buy your game at all.

VariantX

Was playing 7 hrs straight until had a power outage and got knocked off. Probably for the best I suppose...but so close to being about to buy that lvl 23 armor though...

Eyerox

"I can't play this game that i paid for, I'm mad"

That is ok and understandable.

"Incompetent!!!"
"Idiot!!!"
"All they need to do is <insert arm chair quarterback technical mumbo jumbo here>!!!"
"<curse> <curse> <curse> <curse>"

Stuff like this is getting tiring. I feel for everyone having issues.

I also have spent an hour or two spamming before I could get in, but its getting really hard to follow this thread and get actual ingame info.

I guess that's how the internet works.

"Incompetent!!!"
"Idiot!!!"
"All they need to do is <insert arm chair quarterback technical mumbo jumbo here>!!!"

I also have spent an hour or two spamming before I could get in, but its getting really hard to follow this thread and get actual ingame info.

I'm just glad i got saints row 4 and splinter cell... but i'm about done with those, so i might have to join the rage train too ;)

its rightfully so for people to be mad a bit more than other mmos. 2nd launch of the same mmo yet shit is still fucked (in a different way)...

And its not like people have much patience with square enix these days lol.

Mature

Here's an even more realistic apology. Like . . .Total breakdown. He's really sincere about it and they will be implementing more servers next week. We just need to be patient, as rough as things maybe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SWSMdCMyvE&feature=youtu.be&t=37s

#teamYoship
Man, as someone who has been cheering him on every step of the way, this chokes me up a bit.

Four months short of three years this guy has poured himself into making this game the polished experience it is today. Seeing such a product of passion be shortchanged by server issues is heart breaking. And then having people like 2san call him incompetent because of it is just irritating. As if the onus of cost appropriation in server space is Yoshi's doing. Give me a break. Even if Yoshi and the dev team are to blame for the server's poor stability, the people who have gotten in have nothing but great things to say about the actual game, myself included.

Hopefully they can get those servers up and running as quickly and as smoothly as possible.

daveo42

Banned
So with the issue with setting up your retail game, is there a proper way to actually do it? I'd like to add my game when I get home and not completely screw anything up.

Baleoce

What is confusing about clicking USE MY EXISTING ACCOUNT instead of MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT?

You do realise that this comes inside the collectors edition box?

iobmbV6gakydM.png

Timeaisis

So the Duty Finder...I haven't made use of it yet. Does it "unlock" at a higher level, is their a tutorial about it, or do I just need to figure it out myself? I'm keeping occupied with regular quests, haven't touched dungeons yet, but I'm not level 10 yet.

inner-G

Banned
How is the 1017-ing on non-ultros servers?

I re-rolled last night to play with a friend who couldn't create a character on ultros so we had to jump ship.

2San

Man, as someone who has been cheering him on every step of the way, this chokes me up a bit.

Four months short of three years this guy has poured himself into making this game the polished experience it is today. Seeing such a product of passion be shortchanged by server issues is heart breaking. And then having people like 2san call him incompetent because of it is just irritating. As if the onus of cost appropriation in server space is Yoshi's doing. Give me a break. Even if Yoshi and the dev team are to blame for the server's poor stability, the people who have gotten in have nothing but great things to say about the actual game, myself included.

Hopefully they can get those servers up and running as quickly and as smoothly as possible.
The queue's in this game do not work. It is missing a basic a feature and they still haven't fixed it. That is on the dev team. You do not need talented people to have a queue, just competent ones. I did not blame Yoshida for server stability If you are going to mention me, at least read the damn posts.

Pachimari

So I pre-ordered and thought I were supposed to get a Moogle Hat and a Minion but am I supposed to get a 20-digit code through email or in the box?

When I try logging in to Lodestone it also gives me this message:

"Use of the Lodestone requires a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account with at least one character.
Please log-in again after you have created a character in-game."

But I have been playing with my character for the past couple of hours.

I'm just gonna bring this to the new page.

Einbroch

Banned
How is the 1017-ing on non-ultros servers?

I re-rolled last night to play with a friend who couldn't create a character on ultros so we had to jump ship.

I hit 1017 randomly throughout the day on Gilgamesh, but Gilgamesh is apparently one of the most populated servers.

Logged in and out four times today. No 1017 at 7:30AM and 2:00PM, 1017 at 10:00AM and 1:30PM.

So the Duty Finder...I haven't made use of it yet. Does it "unlock" at a higher level, is their a tutorial about it, or do I just need to figure it out myself? I'm keeping occupied with regular quests, haven't touched dungeons yet, but I'm not level 10 yet.

The main storyline will get you to use the Duty Finder and then subsequently unlock dungeons.

inner-G

Banned
I hit 1017 randomly throughout the day on Gilgamesh, but Gilgamesh is apparently one of the most populated servers.

Logged in and out four times today. No 1017 at 7:30AM and 2:00PM, 1017 at 10:00AM and 1:30 AM.
Hmmm I'll just hope for the best! Can't really do anything about it anyway, lol. It was def easier getting in on the new server, despite the 1017.

Timeaisis

The main storyline will get you to use the Duty Finder and then subsequently unlock dungeons.

Cool, cool. I had a feeling, just wasn't sure. There's lots of quests in this game, I find myself doing the story quests at a few levels above their recommended level, though. Might take me a while...heh.

Eyerox

So with the issue with setting up your retail game, is there a proper way to actually do it? I'd like to add my game when I get home and not completely screw anything up.

After getting my game code from amazon, I went to the mogstation and clicked "add platform". I then went through the three step process to enter my key. (windows) Checked back 15 minutes later and my toon showed under the character list. My count shows 33 days of service. I have not left work yet, so I have not logged in, but I think I'm on the right track.

Einbroch

Banned
Hmmm I'll just hope for the best! Can't really do anything about it anyway, lol. It was def easier getting in on the new server, despite the 1017.

Pro-tip:

Jam 0 on your numpad until in. Careful not to go too fast, as you'll cancel the queue (if there happens to be one).

TheFatOne

"Incompetent!!!"
"Idiot!!!"

When you already fucked up on the game once when you relaunch you better be perfect. They knew going in they had zero margin for error. People aren't going to cut you some slack when you already failed once, and to be quite honest if you purchased the game and can't log in or get into the server you want you have every reason to be upset.

Allard

At lvl 10 you can open up Guildhest after finishing your first Guild Leve and then another quest to talk to the Guildhest NPC. They are bite sized instanced quests that come across as a tutorial for group play. They only take like 2-10 minutes each, really quick and first time you do them give really, really nice EXP. EXP is significantly less the second time around but as long as you dont die during the quest you get still some decent EXP. Got like 5k EXP first time on the lvl 10 quest and then 900 EXP each time I did the lvl 10 ones after, it goes up obviously with the level range. The Dungeons don't open up till AFTER you complete the airship envoy mission line at lvl 15 for the main story, then you go to Satasha in Western La Noscea and open up the first dungeon. There are 3 start dungeons you do in order. Afterwards there will be quests unlock higher lvl ones and several others won't unlock till you are at a specific place in the story and then you can repeat it as often as you want from there.

Mature

The queue's in this game do not work. It missing a basic a feature and they still haven't fixed it. That is on the dev team. If you are going to mention me, at least read the damn posts.
I'm calling out your willingness to call Yoshi-P incompetent. The problems with the queue and the servers are obviously unacceptable in their current state. But calling the producer of an entire MMORPG incompetent on this shortcoming is a bullheaded and sensationalist statement.

MogCakes

When you already fucked up on the game once when you relaunch you better be perfect. They knew going in they had zero margin for error. People aren't going to cut you some slack when you already failed once, and to be quite honest if you purchased the game and can't log in or get into the server you want you have every reason to be upset.

There is no such thing as a perfect MMO launch, though these server issues are pretty irritating. Unlike everyone else though, I can't even create a character on Ultros, it hasn't been up for new character creations.

Timeaisis

At lvl 10 you can open up Guildhest after finishing your first Guild Leve and then another quest to talk to the Guildhest NPC. They are bite sized instanced quests that come across as a tutorial for group play. They only take like 2-10 minutes each, really quick and first time you do them give really, really nice EXP. EXP is significantly less the second time around but as long as you dont die during the quest you get still some decent EXP. Got like 5k EXP first time on the lvl 10 quest and then 900 EXP each time I did the lvl 10 ones after, it goes up obviously with the level range. The Dungeons don't open up till AFTER you complete the airship envoy mission line at lvl 15 for the main story, then you go to Satasha in Western La Noscea and open up the first dungeon. There are 3 start dungeons you do in order. Afterwards there will be quests unlock higher lvl ones and several others won't unlock till you are at a specific place in the story and then you can repeat it as often as you want from there.

Cool. Thanks for the info!

Jarnet87

Well I was able to edit my character on Excalibur, too bad the world was full every time I tried. Then I tried to make another toon on a different server but they are all full lol. Guess I will try and play on excalibur if I can get in tonight.

UrSuLeTzU

Got my copy delivered today, registered the code and contemplated upgrading to the digital CE but I decided it's not really worth it. For that price I might as well get it for ps3 later on. Also my 1200 PSU is acting up again and I had to switch to my backup, goodbye SLI and MAX settings until I fix it :((

Shouta

Theyre good for random XP or just fucking around but Id hate it if I used it as my primary XP tool. Dungeons might be slower XP but youre in a tighter knit group and theyre just more fun to do, imo.

The other thing is that leveling the slower way allows you to build up some materia and cash resources (spiritbond and leves).

daveo42

Banned
I'm calling out your willingness to call Yoshi-P incompetent. The problems with the queue and the servers are obviously unacceptable in their current state. But calling the producer of an entire MMORPG incompetent on this shortcoming is a bullheaded and sensationalist statement.

While a bit on the sensationalist, there is a level of incompetence that comes into play when the dev team didn't think or consider adding a queue to the game and has yet to annouce they are working on one to begin with. The team isn't incompetent, but it feels like they are in the same midset as the 1.0 team was when they released lacking a lot of features that pertty much every other MMO had at the time.

They've done a great job fixing the game, but they can't avoid some blame either. They aren't perfect and this is a far from perfect launch for NA/EU users.

TheContact

Sucks to know that for the next couple of days until new server infrastructure is added, I won't be able to log in, seeing as I'm only able to log in during prime times =x

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So how has the login thing been going into peak NA times?

As someone looking in on this whole thing from the outside, Yoshi isn't to blame here. Yoshi took a complete abomination of a game and turned it into a solid and respectable MMO in a matter of two years. That alone is nothing short of amazing. Who is to blame here is their network team who should have had the foresight to implement a real queue system and an AFK timer as those are needed to insure people can actually get into the servers. It's pretty ballsy of them to put such immediate effort into the JP servers when there's far, far less people on those than NA/EU. They're not allocating their resources correctly and this is going to hurt them. I understand their reservations to not want to spend the money on extra servers cause it'll leave some of the eventual lower pop servers high and dry and they'll have to merge/close them later anyways. It ends up being a catch-22...do you keep a small amount of servers now to keep costs down but piss of your users and potential users and then lose out on their money or do you bite the bullet, put in more servers and then merge later?

To be fair, when Yoshi said the game would be perfect before launch, he didn't specify "outside Japan"

2San

I'm calling out the producer, because he is responsible. He is the face of the project and gets the praise for all that is right on the game as well. You praise him for all the good in the game, but he is not responsible for the bad parts of the game? Having problems at launch is normal, but we are on the 4th day and the queue's still do not work. That's embarrassing to say the least.

Mairu

While a bit on the sensationalist, there is a level of incompetence that comes into play when the dev team didn't think or consider adding a queue to the game and has yet to annouce they are working on one to begin with. The team isn't incompetent, but it feels like they are in the same midset as the 1.0 team was when they released lacking a lot of features that pertty much every other MMO had at the time.

They've done a great job fixing the game, but they can't avoid some blame either. They aren't perfect and this is a far from perfect launch for NA/EU users.

They clearly have a huge problem with infrastructure if they have to completely disable the queues that they planned on due to the performance hit taken by the servers. What's the point of a queue if it bogs down the server as much as actually having the player in the game, thus forcing them to turn queues off & infrequently turn them back on to let people in?

daveo42

Banned
Sucks to know that for the next couple of days until new server infrastructure is added, I won't be able to log in, seeing as I'm only able to log in during prime times =x

Go to bed when you get home and wake up at 2am? That's all I got at the moment. At least there are some people still on at the time based on what time zone you are in.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm curious how materia will work with higher levels. Seems odd to have to wear a lesser set of armor and run around with it for awhile to just destroy it.

What is confusing about clicking USE MY EXISTING ACCOUNT instead of MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT?
When the site went up there were two options: add new platform and add new service account. Since most people assumed that their platforms of choice were already selected (early access), we chose new service account, and that's how we've ended up where we we today.
They've since added some stuff to clarify but apparently it's still not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom