• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetromibi

Neo Member
1.) Spend 30 minutes failing to get into server...
2.) Think "oh screw it, I'll just make a new toon on another server."
3.) Spend 10 minutes messing around with character creation.
4.) .... get note that NONE of the NA/EU worlds are accepting new characters.
5.) RAGE

Timeaisis

Well I knew there'd be paid server transfers. Which, depending on the price wouldn't be a big deal. I mean, if it's .99USD, it'd still be a no brainer to roll on a Japanese server for a few weeks.

So communication alone might alleviate some problems.

Yeah, that would be a no-brainer. I guess the question is are they going to offer free one's in the coming weeks or not. But, I'd agree, they really need to communicate their intentions here. I'd much rather know now that I could just plunk down a $1 later and transfer over to another server. Even if it isn't Ultros -- then I'd just roll on JP and move to a US one.

Dizzy-4U

So I bought the digital PC version. One of the codes I've got is to register the game in my Square Enix account, but for some reason is not working.

Anyone had this issue before?

Sakura

Yeah, that would be a no-brainer. I guess the question is are they going to offer free one's in the coming weeks or not. But, I'd agree, they really need to communicate their intentions here. I'd much rather know now that I could just plunk down a $1 later and transfer over to another server. Even if it isn't Ultros -- then I'd just roll on JP and move to a US one.

If there are free transfers I imagine it would be from highly populated servers to low population ones. MMOs usually don't allow the reverse for free. They probably just haven't decided on pricing yet which is why it isn't up there.

Lord Phol

Haven't had any big problems at all really, guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Smoothest MMO launch so far for me. Been playing everyday, almost level 30, my account is set up perfectly with the pre-order items and 30 days trial active, and the game is just damn fun.

Sakura

Haven't had any big problems at all really, guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Smoothest MMO launch so far for me. Been playing everyday, almost level 30, my account is set up perfectly with the pre-order items and 30 days trial active, and the game is just damn fun.

Yea, once you get it every thing is working great. The main problem right now is for new players trying to create new characters I'd imagine.

Do you guys blame people that never logs out to prevent themselves from having to go through 1017??
Those people would just tape down a control stick or key or something to keep themselves logged in.

knitoe

Seriously, fuck this game. I haven't been able to get onto Ultros for 3 days. Can't even get into the queue. I don't remember any other launch MMO this bad.

ukas

For the new page.

For anyone who likes the soundtrack check this out. This guy changed some of the OST into piano only pieces. If you like the Ul'dah town theme at night, you'll love these.

http://mattfuss.bandcamp.com/releases

Also, is there any way to preview armor and weapons? Such as, CTRL+click?

TheFatOne

So the game keeps crashing on me when I try to download the client, and every time it crashes I have to start from 0. I asked this like three times already, and this will be the last time I ask before just giving up. Is there a torrent of the client I can download? I don't have the patience to wait three or four days before this thing can actually download.

chrono01

Do you guys blame people that never logs out to prevent themselves from having to go through 1017??
I don't blame them for the server issues, as it shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. Even if they were, there should be an /afk system active to remove players if they're idle for a long period of time. Considering the state of the servers, though, I don't think players should idle for lengthy periods of time [with so many people wanting to play], but people are entitled to think/act however they like.

However, that being said, I would never do it personally. The most I would /afk for would be 10 minutes at the most to get something to drink/eat or stretch my legs. People who leave the game idle for hours while they sleep, go to work, etc., I have a problem with. Again, I can't control what people do, I'm mainly expressing my dislike for it.

If you're not going to be personally playing the game for an extended period of time, I'd recommend logging out. Yes, you might have trouble logging back in later, but at least the several hours that your character would have sat idle would have been filled with another player experiencing the world of Eorzea for themselves.

Lord Phol

Yea, once you get it every thing is working great. The main problem right now is for new players trying to create new characters I'd imagine.

Those people would just tape down a control stick or key or something to keep themselves logged in.

Seems if you weren't part of EA or Phase 4 you are bit screwed atm, I can see the frustration in that. Being able to play with the gaffers on Ultros is half the fun.

Btw, anyone have any information on the subscription fee?
Was thinking about just going for the entry sub, though it's limited to 30 days a time. Works for me, but if you can get it cheaper or at the same price by going for standard 90/180 days sub I might get that instead.

ShinZed

My buddie who got me into the game seems to be doing that and can't really blame him. :p Trying to log in and told the world is full. Fair enough. But sometimes I get put into a queue. Pick one. Stick me in a queue if the world is full, don't just tell me not to bother.

Hmm I dunno, when I try to use my Crysta it says this

Im all for a 0 cost billing but something is not working here.

It says that for me, but with my credit card. Did you register your game and get a free month subscription? If so, SE won't bill you until the 27th or 28th of September. I was trying to figure out why I couldn't get my veteran rewards right away since I subbed for 90 days, but that's because I didn't pay up front for the sub due to my free month.

K.Sabot

Stayed logged in for like 2 days, unfortunately I started getting GPU artifacts so I immediately shut down everything.

RIP teh urn.

Torquill

The long term lockouts on char creation are pretty BS I will admit. That's tantamount to not being able to play for many people. I never paid enough attention at launches to recall for sure, but while other games have had windows of a few hours, I don't think they've ever had days long like this.

Ferr986

It says that for me, but with my credit card. Did you register your game and get a free month subscription? If so, SE won't bill you until the 27th or 28th of September. I was trying to figure out why I couldn't get my veteran rewards right away since I subbed for 90 days, but that's because I didn't pay up front for the sub due to my free month.

I'm a 1.0 player and my subscription ends in 14 days (meaning that I have those 15 trial days for 1.0 players).

Lucis

No, I blame the designers from creating a system that doesn't auto-log out idle players and doesn't have working queues.

I don't blame them for the server issues, as it shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. Even if they were, there should be an /afk system active to remove players if they're idle for a long period of time. Considering the state of the servers, though, I don't think players should idle for lengthy periods of time [with so many people wanting to play], but people are entitled to think/act however they like.

However, that being said, I would never do it personally. The most I would /afk for would be 10 minutes at the most to get something to drink/eat or stretch my legs. People who leave the game idle for hours while they sleep, go to work, etc., I have a problem with. Again, I can't control what people do, I'm mainly expressing my dislike for it.

If you're not going to be personally playing the game for an extended period of time, I'd recommend logging out. Yes, you might have trouble logging back in later, but at least the several hours that your character would have sat idle would have been filled with another player experiencing the world of Eorzea for themselves.

My buddie who got me into the game seems to be doing that and can't really blame him. :p Trying to log in and told the world is full. Fair enough. But sometimes I get put into a queue. Pick one. Stick me in a queue if the world is full, don't just tell me not to bother.

I wasn't gonna do it, I didn't want to do it, I was away the whole weekend so I didn't get to play, but after the 1017 last night, when I finally logged in, I decided I ain't logging out lol.

I don't know what it is, but I was able to play all weekend except during the maintenance times, and I'm on Ultros. I log out when I go to work, and have been getting in when I get home. I understand people want to stay logged in so they can play, especially if they haven't gotten to play much, but you still have to admit that's kind of selfish, even if you only blame SE for not having enough servers.

Bazza

Seriously, fuck this game. I haven't been able to get onto Ultros for 3 days. Can't even get into the queue. I don't remember any other launch MMO this bad.

Then you cant have played many MMO's, this is pretty good compared to some. pain in the ass not being able to get on but the servers are pretty stable when you are in.

The long term lockouts on char creation are pretty BS I will admit. That's tantamount to not being able to play for many people. I never paid enough attention at launches to recall for sure, but while other games have had windows of a few hours, I don't think they've ever had days long like this.

That's one of the things I can't understand. Japan is getting more servers but the ones they have are still not full and not restricted. NA/EU have people unable to even play and servers seems full or very close to that.

And this point new servers should be a no thought. And this is only release day, way more people will still buy the game and what worst, this could affect sales...

Lucis

Then you cant have played many MMO's, this is pretty good compared to some. pain in the ass not being able to get on but the servers are pretty stable when you are in.

Not being able to get on for him makes it bad for him, I don't see how people are defending se on this

knitoe

I have played many MMOs, AC, DAOC, WoW, Rift, SWTOR and etc. This is the first one I haven't been able to get into at least a queue, let alone login for 3 days. I don't even care if the queue is 5K. At least, I can leave and come back in 6-8 hours.

I'm a 1.0 player and my subscription ends in 14 days (meaning that I have those 15 trial days for 1.0 players).

Oh ok, that's when SE will bill your account - when your trial days are up. I think the only way to get the vet rewards right away is if you have a game time card, which I don't know where to purchase at the moment, but it was brought up earlier in this thread. Or if you currently don't have a subscription attached to your account. I've seen a pic of someone with the flying eyeball mount posted here.

ShinZed

Since we're in early access now, only people who bought the game are playing, right? So it's interesting that the US/EU servers are rammed and the JP servers still have some capacity. Looks like ARR took off nicely over here.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I have played many MMOs, AC, DAOC, WoW, Rift, SWTOR and etc. This is the first one I haven't been able to get into at least the queue, let alone login for 3 days.

Ignore the people defending this BS. =p

Timeaisis

It makes me happy knowing I can wait till the 29th to register my product key because of EA. Maybe they'll have this stuff resolved by that time.

Einbroch

Banned
Registered my GMG retail key. That was incredibly easy, took maybe 30 seconds.

Was it fixed or something? I don't see how people can be confused. It was really straightforward.

Mr. RHC

The login problems aside, this game is quite fun! I' not a MMO pro but I can recommend it.

I'm interested to see how the story progresses and how much Final Fantasy is in it!

dwix

I wasn't gonna do it, I didn't want to do it, I was away the whole weekend so I didn't get to play, but after the 1017 last night, when I finally logged in, I decided I ain't logging out lol.

Same here. I logged in before work so I could actually play tonight. Part of me feels shame but the other part just really wants to play.

If I order the digi version from Amazon, will that prevent me from using whatever key I get from the physical CE I ordered (if it ever arrives)?

Never mind, it was just delivered lol

Update your tracking , DR cotdammit

Lyonaz

Well I logged in fine on Cerberus and got some quality playtime on my Arcanist. Got the Baby Bun Minion, my own chocobo and made a Lalafell retainer named Megaman with blue and white hair with sideburns (kinda looks like the blue bomber's helmet). Had fun in Halatali and working my way to the Summoner Job.

Loving the game. Gonna upgrade to Collector's Edition and 90 days sub soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom