• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezn0r

Is there any massive differences between the three factions? Undecided what to go for on my Dragoon.

mainly just the rewards (gear) you can spend seals on which you earn later on in missions & FATES. that being said, as a few of us were agreeing earlier, the gear gets replaced in the long run, so if you like a city & its "style" more than the others, use that to choose instead of the gear.

if you really don't prefer one over another, i guess decide by looking at the gear.

I can picture lots not playing the game just because SE is too silly to implement a proper queue system. If WoW realm is full at least I'm put in queue. This game I have to continually keep clicking through menus and hope I get put in queue...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is the benchmark actually worth a damn in terms of gauging performance in the full game? I scored just under 5000 and my computer is pretty shite. Not entirely convinced it would run great on fully populated servers. The dungeon bits in the benchmark seem to inflate the score a lot.

Torquill

"First of all I want to say that I am sorry for us having to go into maintenance for the NA/EU servers. I want to apologize for taking precious time away from players during early access. From here on out is a long journey. starts to tear up, crowd gives encouragement."

Respect.

ShinZed

The login problems aside, this game is quite fun! I' not a MMO pro but I can recommend it.

I'm interested to see how the story progresses and how much Final Fantasy is in it!

Agreed there, love the cutscenes you get in quests for the most part. Makes quests feel a bit less mundane than 'Collect three bear asses.' Of course there are some of them too, but we make do.

Just got my airship pass and was stuffed into a millennia long cutscene explaining stuff miles away but I wouldn't have it otherwise for an FF game. Better than go here, kill this.

Sakura

Is the benchmark actually worth a damn in terms of gauging performance in the full game? I scored just under 5000 and my computer is pretty shite. Not entirely convinced it would run great on fully populated servers. The dungeon bits in the benchmark seem to inflate the score a lot.

It depends really on what settings you plan to run on. In town, you will probably get lower framerates, but questing out in the world, and doing dungeons should be fine.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
here we go.

cJNdvkx.jpg

Timeaisis

So how's Ultros doing right now? I know no one can create characters there, obviously. But what about those that already had one? Still 1017s everywhere?

I get off work in like 30 minutes and I'm trying to gauge what I can expect.

"First of all I want to say that I am sorry for us having to go into maintenance for the NA/EU servers. I want to apologize for taking precious time away from players during early access. From here on out is a long journey. starts to tear up, crowd gives encouragement."

Respect.

When they yell "Ganbare!" I kinda lost it. What an awesome crowd.

bumpkin

So my PS3 Collector's Edition came today... I should be joyous, but I'm actually a little remorseful. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy the beta, I just barely played it; maybe 8-10 hours for the entire duration of phase 3. I'm just not sure I can justify a monthly sub for something I'm going to play that little... :(

Might put it on the ebay. Not really sure. We'll see how I feel after I sleep on it.

IMO the best time to log on is between 1:00AM PST and 6:00AM PST. For now at least.

So how's Ultros doing right now? I know no one can create characters there, obviously. But what about those that already had one? Still 1017s everywhere?

I wouldn't expect to be able to log on throughout the day, unless you try every 10 mins and maybe get lucky.

seems like every NA/EU servers are full. lol. you better off just getting on a jp server tbh. i would LOL if we just overflow JP servers and people just idle and keep everyone from playing.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
It depends really on what settings you plan to run on. In town, you will probably get lower framerates, but questing out in the world, and doing dungeons should be fine.

I got that score on the standard settings. Slowest part in the benchmark was where they had all the chocobo on screen. Some of the world sections were a little slow but not too bad. Town was slowish but that's fine. Dungeons were fine.

So as long as it performs okay out in the world that's good enough for me, but with the servers being filled to the brim I don't know how it'll run.

akaoni

Banned
So I think the only way to get veteran rewards right now is through gamecards, unless I'm mistaken. Can only setup a automatic renewal period that has to wait 14 days before it can begin because I'm still on free 1.0 access.

It's about the worst possible time to login on Ultros. If you are very luck go for it, otherwise wait until east coast goes to bed.

teiresias

I've been spamming A on my 360 controller through two episodes of The X-Files and still Nada.

Oh, and that video of Yoshi? If I went into a yearly performance appraisal after screwing something up and cried I'd be laughed out of my career.

Mrg8523-

Can't even trust the loading screen anymore. Seeing it for more than a second used to be a sign of hope. Now I'll get it for 5-10 seconds and still get errors.

Einbroch

Banned
I've been spamming A on my 360 controller through two episodes of The X-Files and still Nada.

Oh, and that video of Yoshi? If I went into a yearly performance appraisal after screwing something up and cried I'd be laughed out of my career.

I really hope you're looking at the screen and not blindly hitting A. You're cancelling your queue. And yes, there is a short queue (there can be). I hit one today.

Razma1

Yay lvl 50. Time to chill and help people with dungeons and finish my story quest. Story quest is quite fun at higher levels.

teiresias

I go immediately to the loading screen and then 1017 error out. There's never a queue prompt, that shows up on the character select screen if it's going to appear.

Sakura

I got that score on the standard settings. Slowest part in the benchmark was where they had all the chocobo on screen. Some of the world sections were a little slow but not too bad. Town was slowish but that's fine. Dungeons were fine.

So as long as it performs okay out in the world that's good enough for me, but with the servers being filled to the brim I don't know how it'll run.

You might have a problem with FATEs. With every body doing them, and some areas just groups of people camping them, there will be effects and people every where.

If you are spamming A that cancels you out of queues as well does it not? I accidentally cancelled myself out of a couple queues yesterday because I was spamming select without really paying attention, and it will highlight the cancel button on a queue if you do that.

Torquill

I don't understand people who would opt to join a JP server for their perm char just so they could start today. Is a lifetime of latency worth the extra 1-2 days?
(Not trying to be a dick. Just curious if I'm missing something.)

knitoe

I haven't been able to login or get into a queue for 3 days on Ultros. I have 2 characters on Siren and Lamia getting errors today too. The only way I have been able to play is to create new characters on servers that allow it.

Sakura

I don't understand people who would opt to join a JP server for their perm char just so they could start today. Is a lifetime of latency worth the extra 1-2 days?
(Not trying to be a dick. Just curious if I'm missing something.)

It's not going to be full of latency for every one you know. I've heard people in Europe saying they get a "excellent" for Japanese servers, while only a good or whatever the step below is, for NA/EU servers.

Ferrio

Banned
It's not going to be full of latency for every one you know. I've heard people in Europe saying they get a "excellent" for Japanese servers, while only a good or whatever the step below is, for NA/EU servers.

Not to mention latency on NA servers isn't hot to begin with. I'm kinda glad there's no ping indicator..

Chucker

It's bad enough I can't log into my existing character, but I can't imagine the rage from others that can't create characters on ANY server as of right now.

daveo42

Banned
Well, no dice. Just got home and tired but the servers are full. This is really bumming me out here.

Behemoth posts incoming here in a moment while I load them up and try to log in.

/sigh

Edit: Just got in!

Epcott

Soooo just came from Bestbuy and popped in the game. Off the bat, it gives me a registration code that I enter in my PS3. It begins to download the client I'm guessing. I run the disk I popped in and it downloads the same file.

So in reality, I have a disk I don't need? Am I understanding this correctly?

I can see why people were so pissed about the Xbox One DRM fiasco, being left with a physical disk you have no real use for, if this is the case. I just hope I can get on Ultros or Excalibur tonight. When I actually got on yesterday it felt like I had won Willy Wonka's golden ticket.

Another question: is sub handled through PSN (credits per month taken from PSN billing) or do you need to go through SE's site?

akaoni

Banned
Queue has appeared just before :50

Yep, it's true. Queue suddenly appeared at :47~ and I was 205th, got in after only a few seconds. FC chat confirms swarm of logins.

Mairu

Soooo just came from Bestbuy and popped in the game. Off the bat, it gives me a registration code that I enter in my PS3. It begins to download the client I'm guessing. I run the disk I popped in and it downloads the same file.

So in reality, I have a disk I don't need? Am I understanding this correctly?

I can see why people were so pissed about the Xbox One DRM fiasco, being left with a physical disk you have no real use for, if this is the case. I just hope I can get on Ultros or Excalibur tonight. When I actually got on yesterday it felt like I had won Willy Wonka's golden ticket.

With MMOs it is fairly common to have to patch when you purchase retail. For wow expansions I would typically not even bother installing from the disc and just download.

Adaren

Coming from someone who's just vaguely been following this game: what are its strengths compared to something like WoW? What are its weaknesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom