• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epcott

With MMOs it is fairly common to have to patch when you purchase retail. For wow expansions I would typically not even bother installing from the disc and just download.

Heh, I wish I knew that ahead of time. Oh well, I'll just cancel the digital dl.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
You might have a problem with FATEs. With every body doing them, and some areas just groups of people camping them, there will be effects and people every where.
This is kind of what I was worried about. Oddly enough, just ran the benchmark again at a higher resolution, same settings otherwise, and got a higher score than I did the first time...lol.

Not really sure what to expect. The world sections in the last benchmark actually seemed alright. Guess I'll give it a shot.

rockx4

This sucks, servers were fine last night so I figured SE upgraded the capacity... it's full now. Looks like the launch rush is here, and we still don't have a competent queue system.

daveo42

Banned
Behemoth FATE in Coerthas from last night. We were all outclassed, but here he is.

rmszd7w.jpg

WA3Ht9R.jpg

1cfuPzh.jpg

I'm about to get one-shotted in that last pic. One hit did 7.5k dmg to my tiny Lala...Behemoth is not to be trifled with.

Sblargh

Banned
And the general consensus inside the game was "don't logout", which I thought it was kind of assholish at first, but really, I was forcefully disconnected 2 hours ago and nothing. The two days before today I log out for dinner and had to give up loging back in until next morning.

This is beyond stupid. At first it felt like the hype rat race of everyone trying to get in at once. Now, I really think they should use some of that Eido's money and invest in infrastructure.

Velkyn

Was able to hit a queue on Ultros and get in. Maybe they're lessening the restrictions bit by bit? I hope so, I want everyone to be able to play.

Riposte

If the server is full, does that mean I'll be allowed in the moment someone logs out? Why not give me a queue like before? (Probably an asked to death question, but I've been ignorant of these issues because of some very good luck.)

Sblargh

Banned
Was able to hit a queue on Ultros and get in. Maybe they're lessening the restrictions bit by bit? I hope so, I want everyone to be able to play.

If the server is full, does that mean I'll be allowed in the moment someone logs out? Why not give me a queue like before? (Probably an asked to death question, but I've been ignorant of these issues because of some very good luck.)

Whatever logic the queue/no-queue makes to them, to our point of view is random.

Nothing is changing, this is how this works. You keep trying and maybe you'll get lucky.

Why you'll get lucky? Nobody knows.

So keep trying forever, because next time you just might get into queue. Or not.

depward

Been trying to login with both a legacy character on a legacy server as well as a character I barely created this morning for the last two hours or so. No dice.

Valnen

Sounds like its stable, but with heavy char creation and login restrictions. People getting any duty finder or 90k/10102 issues?

I was having a flawless gaming experience when I was actually logged in on Hyperion but now I obviously can't get back on.

Varna

Sounds like its stable, but with heavy char creation and login restrictions. People getting any duty finder or 90k/10102 issues?

All right. Once I got in game yesterday it did seem very stable. Duty Finder working well and everything. I hope their solution isn't just this and wait until the populations begin to trickle... that would be absolutely ridiculous. How many players is each server holding anyways? Any ideas on that?

Torquill

Best guess is there is a request load limit (or thw queue itself has an irredeambly low max size) that the queue system can't handle

Eyothrie

Do trophies on ps3 and the achievements on PC sync up? I've been playing on PC and have unlocked a handful of achievements. About to pick up the ps3 version for the den. Will trophies unlock for the achievements I've already earned and vice versa?

Torquill

All right. Once I got in game yesterday it did seem very stable. Duty Finder working well and everything. I hope their solution isn't just this and wait until the populations begin to trickle... that would be absolutely ridiculous. How many players is each server holding anyways? Any ideas on that?
It looks like that's the strategy. Basically "weather the storm". Certainly not ideal for us but it sounds like new servers won't be up till the end of the week. I guess now its just an issue of how long the storm lasts...

Torquill

Do trophies on ps3 and the achievements on PC sync up? I've been playing on PC and have unlocked a handful of achievements. About to pick up the ps3 version for the den. Will trophies unlock for the achievements I've already earned and vice versa?
If not automatically I reckon after the relevant action is taken. But that's pure speculation on my part. And some would have to be automatic (like the level based ones) or you've doomed yourself out of them.

Varna

It looks like that's the strategy. Basically "weather the storm". Certainly not ideal for us but it sounds like new servers won't be up till the end of the week. I guess now its just an issue of how long the storm lasts...

Terrible. At least implement a queue system in the mean time...

Faithless

I logged off to register my CE code (so I could could get my fancy helm).
Now I'm 1017'ed on the outside again.
When you pay for a game, you should get to play it.

Meowtor

Gold Member
Has anyone been able to make a new character on Ultros? I'm sitting here refreshing the servers waiting for it to allow me to make my toon :(

Allard

Their load handling plan needs a load handling plan :p

More like they never designed their instance server to handle this load since it was never needed even in the worst parts of the alpha/beta stress tests. They should have taken the issues during the extremely short 'open beta' and delayed the release a week and added another weekend of open beta to iron things out. Once new servers are launched and hopefully some upgrades with the login queue and most of the problems will be ironed out over time, but for now its simple yet HUGE oversight. Its frustrating having issues getting in, but I'll tell you what when I can get in, its nice, fairly lag free and little to no issues with the duty finder, finally got into my Old Grand Company again last night. Not having the same 3012/90k errors I was getting during beta/last weekend has greatly eased my frustration where it was a gamble to get in AND play. Nothing more frustrating then getting kicked out and knowing your character is stuck in purgatory till SE feels like performing emergency maintenance. I'd rather play the login luck game then have that happen to me a third time.

chrono01

When you pay for a game, you should get to play it.
Normally I'd agree, but with MMO's they're liable to be down for extended periods of time without play. It's all in the EULA/TOS that you agree to when you first install/launch the game, so when you agree to it you basically submit to the servers/those behind the servers.

I know that it's unfortunate that FFXIV has had so many launch issues. Here's hoping things are fixed soon!

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I think EU character creation may be up, as my friend was able to make a character on Odin which has been locked all day.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I hate how I have to click Start Game every single time the server rejects me from getting on. Why couldn't they have it so it resets to character select? The hell?

teiresias

Has anyone been able to make a new character on Ultros? I'm sitting here refreshing the servers waiting for it to allow me to make my toon :(

I have a character on Ultros already and haven't been able to get in for three hours. Good luck even making a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom