• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrSuLeTzU

Do trophies on ps3 and the achievements on PC sync up? I've been playing on PC and have unlocked a handful of achievements. About to pick up the ps3 version for the den. Will trophies unlock for the achievements I've already earned and vice versa?

I would also like to know this.

Wortany

Oh wow, for people who aren't too far into the questline yet. There are some truly great moments waiting.

That beautifully remade FF2 battle music during the street brawl in Ul'dah for the quest: Into a Copper Hell

Jomjom

Banned
I just picked up my PS3 CE. There's a registration code thats in the PS3 12 digit form. I just enter that into code redemption on the PS3 right? After entering the code, it presents me with a 6GB file, do I need to download that?

Also how do I get this to show up in my Mogstation?

I was a 1.0 player, so my Mogstation only shows the PC version right now, even after I entered the code into the PS3. No mention of the CE at all, anywhere on Mogstation. It even asks me if I want to upgrade to the CE.

I hope I didn't do something wrong...

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Is there any good old party grinding in this game? Strangely enough that was one of my favorite things about FFXI.

Velocity

Tried logging in again to make a character and got a bit excited. All of the European servers seem to be able to have new characters created on them right now. I don't know if this is due to peak times being over, or if something is actually happening.

This doesn't benefit me at all as I need to make a character on Gilgamesh, but I thought I'd let any EU players know it's now possible to make new characters if need be.

All US servers still seem to be locked as far as character creation goes.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Me and a ton of random people were doing level 14ish fates last night. It was one of the moving ones. Anyway, we were all having a great time, got to the end of the fate, and saw another one starting through this huge gate. We ran through, and all hell broke loose! The monsters were like level 40, one hitting everyone. Was a bloodbath and funny as hell. The people trying to run away reminded me of that Dark Souls NOPE gif.

Riposte

So, the consensus is that I should spam it? Won't be pointless?

This sucks because I need to watch over and grow this Sargatanas community LS I've made. That consists of both keeping the leadership of a dozen FCs interested and adding more so it will be worthwhile. Hope this doesn't cause problems.

EDIT: Dungeons are the "exp grind party" of the game in terms of getting players together (although this includes cross-server play with people who can't befriend). They are certainly less dull in terms of variety (they have bosses, for one), though there isn't the freedom or satisfaction that comes with finding a good camp somewhere in the world.

Allard

Is there any good old party grinding in this game? Strangely enough that was one of my favorite things about FFXI.

No, the closest is dungeon grinding. Mobs die fast, come in groups and aside from occasional tough FATE related battles (The HNM style FATE battles require lots of people and coordination from small groups or people die too fast to keep up) all party related content is instanced. Its almost impossible to level in a FFXI style fashion of just slaughtering mobs in the field, the game is designed for you to finish quests/content to lvl at a decent pace as mob EXP doesn't go up nearly as fast as the curve to level becomes, it just a supplement for other content you are doing.

Teknoman

Me and a ton of random people were doing level 14ish fates last night. It was one of the moving ones. Anyway, we were all having a great time, got to the end of the fate, and saw another one starting through this huge gate. We ran through, and all hell broke loose! The monsters were like level 40, one hitting everyone. Was a bloodbath and funny as hell. The people trying to run away reminded me of that Dark Souls NOPE gif.

Can you post that gif?

Also has SE said anything about free transfers after all this stuff calms down? Some of my friends made it to Ultros, while the rest got stuck out and went to another server for the time being.

So, the consensus is that I should spam it? Won't be pointless?

This sucks because I need to watch over and grow this Sargatanas community LS I've made. That consists of both keeping the leadership of a dozen FCs interested and adding more so it will be worthwhile. Hope this doesn't cause problems.

That Shellnet idea actually sounds pretty cool.

kiryogi

Banned
Behemoth FATE in Coerthas from last night. We were all outclassed, but here he is.

I'm about to get one-shotted in that last pic. One hit did 7.5k dmg to my tiny Lala...Behemoth is not to be trifled with.

Apparently a few of my FCmates fought him last night, and the server won. Over a hundred folks there at least. . . Some mention about facing primals too.

Muddimar

Is there a way to switch your character over from your standard edition of the game, to the collectors edition? My account shows both versions of the game. When I registered the CE of the game, it never asked me if I had an existing account. Anyone else have this issue? Do I need to cancel my account altogether and redo everything?

Ultrabum

apparently not really, I was bummed when I found this out as that was one of my favorite parts of FFXI too. I mean you actually had to know how to play and if you didn't you'd get kicked lol.

Teknoman

apparently not really, I was bummed when I found this out as that was one of my favorite parts of FFXI too. I mean you actually had to know how to play and if you didn't you'd get kicked lol.

Dungeons probably take the brunt of the teaching segments now. I wonder what happens when you kick someone there?

No, I'm on my phone. I bet someone else has it.

Aw, Dark Souls gifs always have constant uses ;p

Shouta

No, the closest is dungeon grinding. Mobs die fast, come in groups and aside from occasional tough FATE related battles (The HNM style FATE battles require lots of people and coordination from small groups or people die too fast to keep up) all party related content is instanced. Its almost impossible to level in a FFXI style fashion of just slaughtering mobs in the field, the game is designed for you to finish quests/content to lvl at a decent pace as mob EXP doesn't go up nearly as fast as the curve to level becomes, it just a supplement for other content you are doing.

I think the mob respawn rate might be more of an issue than anything but I'd assume parties for leveling should work like it did in 1.0, get a group, get a bunch of mobs 6-10 levels higher than you and go AOE crazy. I actually haven't tried that yet but I'd assume it'd still be a little viable if the conditions are met.

dark_chris

Did the ifrit battle today. Man that was fun. Also noticed that Ifrit will use Hellfire no matter if you destroy that thing or not. The only difference is that if you don't destroy it, he wipes your party. Lol.

Anyone have a sound problem? My speakers/headphones works fine such as YouTube videos but not for the game. My game also has the audio turned up in the settings too.

The worst thing about 1017 for me, is that it shows the loading screen. Sometimes it shows it FOR SO LONG that I think I'm going to get in and then 1017.

QUEUE ON SARG! YES

Allard

Did the ifrit battle today. Man that was fun. Also noticed that Ifrit will use Hellfire no matter if you destroy that thing or not. The only difference is that if you don't destroy it, he wipes your party. Lol.

That's how it was in 1.0 version of this fight. The Hard version (which I haven't tried yet for 2.0) they had a couple other AOE moves, there was more then 1 Nail triggered during his special ability phase and he was capable of doing it more then once a fight (and the special AOE plumes were done during the battle when trying to destroy the nails too making some of them very hard to get to without taking damage, range DPS were nice for this fight lol). The hard version has 8 people needed or there will not even be close enough DPS to kill the nails before he wipes everyone. It usually had two tanks and two healers (some hybrids for killing it were fine) because of the amount of healing needed and the possibility of the main tank dieing and if you didnt have that second tank the mob would run amok and kill everyone in a flurry of chaos before you got your old tank up and got enough hate back.

Acerac

Banned
I really wish this game would let me queue for healer for dungeons at level instead of needing to do tons of quests for the privilege of doing so. I rolled conjurer so I could chain run dungeons, but due to the way things are set up I am outleveling the dungeons before I finish my first run.

It's a real shame, I want to help the queues progress faster, I want to heal, but I can't. The sad part is now that I'm hitting the levels where FATEs are the best way to level I'm pretty much boned unless somebody decides to give me charity and accept a healer that they don't really need.

user1337

Any monks here? Where the heck do you go for the soul of the monk quest?

What sub class is it? Is it still 30 pug, 15 lancer? My lancer is 20 and pug is now 30 and I cant see any quests in Ul'Dah

Jomjom

Banned
Is there any benefit to buying crysta to pay for your subscription as opposed to just using a credit card? Like is there some kind of bonus item or anything?

kiryogi

Banned
That's how it was in 1.0 version of this fight. The Hard version (which I haven't tried yet for 2.0) they had a couple other AOE moves, there was more then 1 Nail triggered during his special ability phase and he was capable of doing it more then once a fight (and the special AOE plumes were done during the battle when trying to destroy the nails too making some of them very hard to get to without taking damage, range DPS were nice for this fight lol). The hard version has 8 people needed or there will not even be close enough DPS to kill the nails before he wipes everyone. It usually had two tanks and two healers (some hybrids for killing it were fine) because of the amount of healing needed and the possibility of the main tank dieing and if you didnt have that second tank the mob would run amok and kill everyone in a flurry of chaos before you got your old tank up and got enough hate back.

Interesting. Can't ever say we did it with a 2nd tank. Main tank shouldn't ever near dead unless the healers goof up or the tank goofed up on placement and plumes. (Thus MPKing the party)

rockx4

Any monks here? Where the heck do you go for the soul of the monk quest?

What sub class is it? Is it still 30 pug, 15 lancer? My lancer is 20 and pug is now 30 and I cant see any quests in Ul'Dah

Normally the class quest at 30 leads into the job quest if you have the prereq. I think lancer 15 is the requirement... have you finished all the pugilist quests?

klee123

Just wondering guys. My FFXIV account is Euro, but if I buy the US version of the game on PS3, would I be able to use the same account?

Yeah. I thought we wiped when we fought him cause he did it anyway. I was pretty freaked out.

I won't be logging in again until probably Thursday, as I have to move. So I pass my spot to you all. PLAY FOR ME PLEASE.

user1337

Normally the class quest at 30 leads into the job quest if you have the prereq. I think lancer 15 is the requirement... have you finished all the pugilist quests?

No, didnt think id need to finish them all...just that id need to be level 30 (and 15 lancer...my lancer being 21 now..)

are there no community managers or gm's teargassing the mobs over there?

and yeah even leaving the pc on during work doesn't help when you dc with 9000.

mmos have shit launches, i'm ok with long maintainances and rollbacks, but yeah... I'm not ok that other people are on playing while i'm not and my month of subscription is ticking down at the same rate.

Is that not unreasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom