• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
What trick is this?

And wow... SE forums are a mad house. Tech support is nowhere to be found, mass panic, burning bodies in the street...

Dr. Peter Venkman: This game is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
GAF: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, GAF, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of 1017! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

edotlee

Did the ifrit battle today. Man that was fun. Also noticed that Ifrit will use Hellfire no matter if you destroy that thing or not. The only difference is that if you don't destroy it, he wipes your party. Lol.

Yeah, my party wiped the first time because the other DPS had a brain fart and kept attacking Ifrit instead. I'm just glad you don't get kicked out of the instance and have to go through all the cutscenes again when you fail.

rockx4

This game has screwed up my sleep schedule, and it's because I've only been able to log in late at around midnight pacific time... the server is always full before that.

Having the same thing when alt-tabbing and the game's in full-screen mode, didn't have this during Phase 4, it's really annoying.
Indeed. Borderless windowed is a good alternative in the meantime, though. I was just trying to switch back to full for a moment and bam... gonna stick with borderless from now on.

Teknoman

I think the mob respawn rate might be more of an issue than anything but I'd assume parties for leveling should work like it did in 1.0, get a group, get a bunch of mobs 6-10 levels higher than you and go AOE crazy. I actually haven't tried that yet but I'd assume it'd still be a little viable if the conditions are met.

Eh that sounds kinda boring compared to dungeon diving. I do hope they think of more party based activities than just dungeons and guildhests.

Did they completely kill any party based story battles, or will those always take place in a dungeon?

Paprikka

Got booted with a 90k error so I took the time to enter in my CE stuff. Tried to pay for the sub as well but it just listed $0.00 and no vet rewards. Guessing it isn't working yet, at least for a credit card?

Riposte

The worst thing about 1017 for me, is that it shows the loading screen. Sometimes it shows it FOR SO LONG that I think I'm going to get in and then 1017.

QUEUE ON SARG! YES

2 seconds: ...
3 seconds: oh this is the longest so far, heh not that it matters
5 seconds: lol wahtever
7 seocnds: wait, is it actuall-ERROR

Razma1

I'll tell you man I've never seen so many tanks who just stand in AOE or keep the mob in it. Takes constant wipes just for them to get it even with the rest of the party in chat asking for them to move.

Eh that sounds kinda boring compared to dungeon diving. I do hope they think of more party based activities than just dungeons and guildhests.

It's pretty weird to me that people would actually PREFER to sit around grinding mobs ala FFXI, but I guess getting in a party and doing hardcore FATE grinding in an area would be kinda similar.

And I'm with you. I want some more group content. I'm assuming that sll of the max level stuff is gonna require parties to do, and bigger than the four man at that.

PGL 26, ACN 24, LNC 20. Waiting for my FC members to catch up so we can hit Toto-rak.

Dineren

Banned
should i reboot the game each time i get world full error to try again, or does clicking the character legit 'retries' the server?

I never restarted the game, I just kept going back to character select and it worked for me eventually. Took about 15 minutes of clicking nonstop though.

Jomjom

Banned
Just read somewhere that if you pay for 180 days up front you get some crysta as a bonus. Is that just gameFAQS bullshit?

Googled all over the place and saw no mention of this anywhere else.

antitrop

"y; for us it was a really short 3, 2 and half year but all the players, we really made you all wait and support us this long, I believe we were able to release a Final Fantasy title that doesn’t ashame it’s name"

I have a feeling that once the servers become stable his wish will be true.

More than I can say for Final Fantasy XIII, or Final Fantasy XIV in 2010.

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
Dr. Peter Venkman: This game is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
GAF: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, GAF, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of 1017! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

I'm stcuk at work right now dreading the login horror show later tonight.
And this put a huge smile on my face. Considering my character is named for a huge piece of Ghostbusters lore, I just wanted to say thanks for the laugh.

red13th

Bought the game yesterday and couldn't log in. Logged in for a bit today before going to work, now I can't log in again. What a fun game!

knitoe

What's the highest queue number you have seen? Guessing, the number is awfully low because I can't even get on one for days.
I don't understand why anyone would want to get into Ultros anymore.
I can't even get on my 2nd (Siren) and 3rd (Lamia) characters. Only way seems to be make another new character on the servers that allow it. Yeah, like I am going to do that for 4th time.

rockx4

What's the highest queue number you have seen? Guessing, the number is awfully low because I can't even get on one for days.

The highest I've seen on Sargantas is like 200. What's weird is when I saw that it let me in within 3 secs. I don't think that queue is accurate at all.

I've seen something like 900-1000 at one point, but I'm pretty sure their queuing system is just fucked up and doesn't work half the time. It would be a lot better for everyone if the queuing system *always* worked and maybe did that 30min AFK = disconnect.

Sandfox

I can't even get on my 2nd (Siren) and 3rd (Lamia) characters. Only way seems to be make another new character on the servers that allow it. Yeah, like I am going to do that for 4th time.

My main problem with Ultros is that its so crowded that certain areas and quests are basically caked with people since so many are playing.

Lain

I dislike how, if you try to enter a city while mounted, a window pops up informing you that you'll be dismounted and if you're sure you want to zone in.

I also dislike how the game doesn't tell you that you don't have the target in your line of sight when a target isn't in your line of sight as you try to cast a spell, it tells you that your target isn't in range. It feels kinda silly when the target you're trying to cast on is right beside you, just a bit too much to the left or right.

Kenai

God I am so addicted to this game, but I have a fresh 25 WoW raid waiting for me in 30 min.

Most recently and before moving on to SCH/SMN/lowbies for a while, I want to give a shout out to Topaz Carbuncle for saving my party's ass yet AGAIN.

I seriously cannot believe how randomly amazing it is. I just did the Haunted Manor dungeon final boss, had planned on just keeping him out to deal with the adds at the end so our healer could stay safe, but our tank ended up dying. Our Lancer? tanked one add while Topaz had EVERYTHING ELSE and not only did he hold aggro with plenty of time for the healer to get the tank up, but stayed alive and kept aggro on the remaining adds for the rest of the encounter.

Ok, I'll stop swooning for a bit, but seriously, love this game.

I dislike how, if you try to enter a city while mounted, a window pops up informing you that you'll be dismounted and if you're sure you want to zone in.

I also dislike how the game doesn't tell you that you don't have the target in your line of sight when a target isn't in your line of sight as you try to cast a spell, it tells you that your target isn't in range. It feels kinda silly when the target you're trying to cast on is right beside you, just a bit too much to the left or right.

I could have sworn it said your target wasn't in line of sight. or I remember that happening in phase 3. I suppose I could have misread it as target is out of range, but I don't think so.. Hmm. I was a healer though, not a damage dealer if that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom