• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

"y; for us it was a really short 3, 2 and half year but all the players, we really made you all wait and support us this long, I believe we were able to release a Final Fantasy title that doesn’t ashame it’s name"

I have a feeling that once the servers become stable his wish will be true.

More than I can say for Final Fantasy XIII, or Final Fantasy XIV in 2010.

Yeah I know I keep saying this, but its sad that something so small as server issues is really hurting one of the better FF main series games we've gotten since...well XII.

They say they are easing the log in restrictions bit by bit...but I wish they'd get this under control faster.

knitoe

plugged in a 360 controller so i can mash 'A' to go through the login menu.

this is pathetic.
LOL. Thanks. Doing that now. 100X better mouse clicking.

Edit: I plugged in my Madcatz SF Stick which had turbo option. Put something to hold the A button down. No more need to press or click to keep trying to login.

what is this :30 :50 thing?

try logging in at those times?

Yeah, those seem like the best times to try and log in from my experience and others are reporting it as well. Might just be a coincidence, but who knows for sure?

Honestly, give them some time to twerk it out. People are acting like Yoshi-P and Japan are plotting to take away fun.

SE's twerkin' on the JP data centers first.

Apoptomon

God I am so addicted to this game, but I have a fresh 25 WoW raid waiting for me in 30 min.

Most recently and before moving on to SCH/SMN/lowbies for a while, I want to give a shout out to Topaz Carbuncle for saving my party's ass yet AGAIN.

I seriously cannot believe how randomly amazing it is. I just did the Haunted Manor dungeon, had planned on just keeping him out to deal with the adds at the end so our healer could stay safe, but our tank ended up dying. Our Lancer? tanked one add while Topaz had EVERYTHING ELSE and not only did he hold aggro with plenty of time for the healer to get the tank up, but stayed alive and kept aggro on the remaining adds for the rest of the encounter.

Ok, I'll stop swooning for a bit, but seriously, love this game.
Yeah, Carby is boss. Though I thought people were saying they didn't like topaz in dungeons because it was too good at enmity. Have people compared the effectiveness of topaz versus emerald in dungeons?

Also: FATE farmers, are there recommended zones for particular level ranges?

Kenai

I also dislike how the game doesn't tell you that you don't have the target in your line of sight when a target isn't in your line of sight as you try to cast a spell, it tells you that your target isn't in range. It feels kinda silly when the target you're trying to cast on is right beside you, just a bit too much to the left or right.

The best is when you can literally see the mob but a thin tree or post or something "blocks" your line of sight.

Teknoman

Honestly, give them some time to twerk it out.

iLB8SmtYaDS9Q.gif

Kenai

Yeah, Carby is boss. Though I thought people were saying they didn't like topaz in dungeons because it was too good at enmity. Have people compared the effectiveness of topaz versus emerald in dungeons?

Also: FATE farmers, are there recommended zones for particular level ranges?

Emerald is almost definitely going to do more damage just because he/she doesn't have to run around and Topaz paths kinda slow, and Em's is useful for knocking away mobs/being a "free' spell target during mob ranged casts. It's more noticeable when you are trying to do FATEs and Topaz runs around between mobs not doing much damage at all, hurts my points earned quite a bit.

On a boss however...I don't actually see what's bad about Topaz. Bosses rarely need to be kited so movement is far less of a problem, the amount of damage soaked away from the main tank is amazing and Topaz is also perfect for dealing with adds if CC is a problem. My healer was able to rez our tank without being touched. It might matter more of there's some conal/spike flail type mechanic a la FFXI for the tank to pull away or something (directing Topaz mid combat is quite a chore and can kill your DPS) but that safety net is soooooo good.

Ferrio

Banned
Yay retail code added.... and they never did charge me.....

ALSO PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT DIGITAL RIVER COPIES, CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER.

My key was hidden in there.

pix

Any PS3 users here?

Question I have is regarding the cross hotbars with a PS3 controller. When I used abilities on the hotbar, the hotbar randomly changes to a different one. I have even tried plugging in a mouse and clicking the hotbar, but it still changes? Is this happening for anyone else? Hoe can I make it stop?

Emerald is almost definitely going to do more damage just because he/she doesn't have to run around and Topaz paths kinda slow, and Em's is useful for knocking away mobs/being a "free' spell target during mob ranged casts. It's more noticeable when you are trying to do FATES and Topaz runs around between mobs not doing much damage at all, hurts my points earned quite a bit.

On a boss however...I don't actually see what's bad about Topaz. Bosses rather need to be kited so movement is far less of a problem, the amount of damage soaked is amazing and Topaz is also perfect for dealing with adds is CC is a problem. My healer was able to rez our tank without being touched. It might matter more of there's some conal/spike flail type mechnic a la FFXI for the tank to pull away or something (directing Topaz mid combat is quite a chore and can kill your DPS) but that safety net is soooooo good.

I don't know if i agree with bosses needing to be kited (I've only fought up to Halatali so I can't say for sure though). The bosses I've fought and tanked, i just stood there and beat on them, and moved out of the way or stunned them out of their aoe attacks. The problems I've had have been when DPS, Arcanists especially don't position themselves or Carbuncle in a way so that if the boss targets them, they don't get others hurt as well. Not sure, are do Topaz attacks generate enmity?

Ferrio

Banned
Interesting. Where you buy the game from?

Their online shop.

I don't know if i agree with bosses needing to be kited (I've only fought up to Halatali so I can't say for sure though). The bosses I've fought and tanked, i just stood there and beat on them, and moved out of the way or stunned them out of their aoe attacks. The problems I've had have been when DPS, Arcanists especially don't position themselves or Carbuncle in a way so that if the boss targets them, they don't get others hurt as well. Not sure, are do Topaz attacks generate enmity?

The bosses in Halatali were suppose to be kited, but it's not needed since the thing is so easy.

Apoptomon

Any PS3 users here?

Question I have is regarding the cross hotbars with a PS3 controller. When I used abilities on the hotbar, the hotbar randomly changes to a different one. I have even tried plugging in a mouse and clicking the hotbar, but it still changes? Is this happening for anyone else? Hoe can I make it stop?
Check what buttons you're pressing. It's L2/R2 + dpad/face buttons for actions and R1 + buttons for changing the hotbar I think.

Yes.

People really need to stop advocating for the use of Topaz Carbuncle in dungeons. It's not a good decision.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I wonder what percent of people online aren't even there, just keeping it online so they can play later.

This is really starting to piss me off that I can't fucking play. Why can't they update with actual information other than We've limited logins.. Why? To keep the servers stable? So what are you doing to make the servers stable under more stress?!?!

Seriously, a time frame, an emergency update that kicks idle players... anything. Just give some hope of a fix instead of just posting the same damn things over and over

KuroNeeko

I'm sorry to keep bugging people, but are there any more PS3 impressions in regards to frame rate and characters / monsters not rendering?

I can handle lower frame rates, but not being able to see a monster in an instance is probably going to be a deal breaker.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Doesn't constantly pressing A on controller or 0 on keypad just make you cancel out of the queue when it does come up too? If not paying enough attention at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom