• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneuro

I'm sorry to keep bugging people, but are there any more PS3 impressions in regards to frame rate and characters / monsters not rendering?

I can handle lower frame rates, but not being able to see a monster in an instance is probably going to be a deal breaker.

I've been switching back and forth between PC and PS3 a lot the last couple days and I haven't really noticed anything on the PS3 that limited my ability to play the game. I'm actually one of the people who is growing to prefer the controller UI also.

Moaradin

iB8BCFsEV1Iv4.png

so cute :)

almost makes that main scenario chain worth it.

I wonder what percent of people online aren't even there, just keeping it online so they can play later.

Queuing system that actually works + 30 minute AFK kick timer = better experience x 10000.

-----

Anyone tried PVP yet? Is it unlocked via story quests or could I just go there? Just curious.

so cute :)

almost makes that main scenario chain worth it.

You get it from the main story?

cyrok

OK So I was trying to log in over and over and finally got into queue with 204 people ahead of me.
Then it changed to 201 and then i got this.
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

I am laughing, but wtf lol

Esura

Banned
I feel so sick right now. Prestige lost my FFXIV CE in the mail and since Amazon has no more in stock...refund. Dammit man...damn....

Now I not only have to get the regular edition for FFXIV but I have to buy a security token separately AND miss out on exclusive mounts.....

xBuTcHeRx

Question if anyone knows this. If I buy a physical copy of FF XIV on PS3. Am I stuck with the copy? Just like the DCU online physical copy BS, thank you.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
More I learn about the game the more excited I get. I went on a true blackout for this one and I think it was a wise move.

OK So I was trying to log in over and over and finally got into queue with 204 people ahead of me.
Then it changed to 201 and then i got this.

I am laughing, but wtf lol

Happened to me a few times too. Pretty annoying when you think you've finally made it in...

I've been switching back and forth between PC and PS3 a lot the last couple days and I haven't really noticed anything on the PS3 that limited my ability to play the game. I'm actually one of the people who is growing to prefer the controller UI also.

I have not had any problems with the ps3 version. Other than being able to not log in the game has been great on the ps3 so far. I have a razor tarantula keyboard on it now for chat. Had my iMac keyboard on it before but no print screen sucks.

teiresias

Update on the lodestone about ten minutes ago, if people missed it:

Currently, we have stopped allowing the creation of new characters in the following worlds:

Ultros
Behemoth
Cactuar
Sargatanas
Diabolos
Gilgamesh
Leviathan
Balmung
Excalibur
Hyperion
Tonberry
Mandragora
Bahamut
Chocobo

In the event of any changes in the situation, follow-up news posts will be posted here as well.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Why thank you SE for that informative post about what in the damn hell you're doing to fix this mess!!!!!

pix

Check what buttons you're pressing. It's L2/R2 + dpad/face buttons for actions and R1 + buttons for changing the hotbar I think.

Yeah I know which buttons. I am pressing L2/R2 and I know R1 is to switch sets. But even using a mouse and clicking manually on the actions on the hotbar, changes the hotbar. It happens every time and it make the game almost unplayable. I don't know what is causing it.

Velocity

Alright, so I have a question for anyone playing a tank role, be it GLD/PLD or MRD/WAR.
When I played beta(phase1-3) it felt close to impossible to hold aggro from DPS. It just felt so futile, as one decent hit would completely turn enemy attention away from me and onto whoever did the damage, and it was extremely hard to get that aggro back. It just was not fun at all, and I typically like tanking.

How hard is it to hold hate and actually be a tank now, for those who are doing instances? Is it still the same or does it feel like you're actually holding hate and keeping your party out of harm's way?

I'm asking since all my buddies seem to have picked DPS/Support roles, and I'm usually the one who tanks. I'm more interested in playing an Arcanist right now, and in turn Summoner, but I'd like to see if I should make my backup role into a PLD or WAR for grouping.

Wereroku

So honest question do you think some people who got connected are just staying connected 24/7? I know some gaffers are playing so have any of you done this?

knitoe

Holy shit. I was able to lo into Ultros. My trick of using my Madcatz SF stick with holding down turbo A button and logging in continuously worked after 10 mins. First time, I was able to login in 3 days.

Teknoman

I feel so sick right now. Prestige lost my FFXIV CE in the mail and since Amazon has no more in stock...refund. Dammit man...damn....

Now I not only have to get the regular edition for FFXIV but I have to buy a security token separately AND miss out on exclusive mounts.....

Call around to Gamestops and see if they have some extras.

I just want to fucking play at this point. Just got my copy from GameStop and went through the steps to hook it up to my service account. World is full bs.

KuroNeeko

I have not had any problems with the ps3 version. Other than being able to not log in the game has been great on the ps3 so far. I have a razor tarantula keyboard on it now for chat. Had my iMac keyboard on it before but no print screen sucks.

Thanks for the replies!

Lain

I could have sworn it said your target wasn't in line of sight. or I remember that happening in phase 3. I suppose I could have misread it as target is out of range, but I don't think so.. Hmm. I was a healer though, not a damage dealer if that matters.

If there is something obstructing your line of sight between you and the target, you get a Target is not in your line of sight error, but if there is nothing obstructing you and the target is simply not inside your field of vision (just a bit too much to the right or to the left), you'll just get a Target is not in range. I think it should have been a LoS error for both.

Sblargh

Banned
So honest question do you think some people who got connected are just staying connected 24/7? I know some gaffers are playing so have any of you done this?

I was frowning on this until I got punished by leaving to eat dinner. You lose nothing by staying logged in, you lose everything by logging out.

No ethical system on the planet works in such conditions.

Esura

Banned
Call around to Gamestops and see if they have some extras.

The closest one is about 68 miles away. Every other store has them all pre-order locked in my area.

I can't believe this. Is there a way to have my Amazon account blacklist Prestige from any future orders?

RK9039

There's really no point in attempting to log into the game anymore.

I'll wait until early access officially ends. At least I got my Warrior, it's pretty good.

Caelestis

I've been trying to log in to either Ultros or Sargatanas for the past hour and a half, but I will just give up now. This game doesn't want to be played. -.-

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Several people have come out and said they are leaving their character logged in.

Why wouldn't you at this point? It's impossible to get back in at night.

SE not implementing a AFK kick, is just confusing.

Jira

There's really no point in attempting to log into the game anymore.

I'll wait until early access officially ends. At least I got my Warrior, it's pretty good.

It already ended at midnight last night. The game officially launched already.

Such a Troll job lol

lol Pretty much, I've given up until it hits around 11pm Central. I haven't had problems getting in during that time every night, but anything earlier is basically impossible. Too bad I can only play for so long before having to go to bed for work.

RK9039

It already ended at midnight last night. The game officially launched already.

No, it ends on the 30th. After that you need to register a code on Mog Station for 30 days (bought, I got mine from the case). Before I registered mine I still had 3 days left from early access, now it's 33 days (well 32 now).

Jira

No, early access (i.e. playing without having to register an actual game key) continues until the 29th.

Ah, didn't know they extended it. Regardless that won't make a difference and in all honesty will only get worse as the week goes on and the weekend starts. Might as well use autohotkey to get in.

RK9039

Ah, didn't know they extended it. Regardless that won't make a difference and in all honesty will only get worse as the week goes on and the weekend starts. Might as well use autohotkey to get in.

Probably, but I'm thinking there was a lot of people who pre-ordered the game, and cancelled it straight after they got their early access code. It was discussed in the topic a few days ago. Maybe, just maybe, things might be better after it ends.

Foofaraw

I got on earlier today and didn't want to run the story dungeon son I got Dyes unlocked and leveled CNJ to 6 and BTN to 2. Moving on up. My ACN is still 17 and I have no idea how I want to spec. I know I've seen people on here saying not to complain about having options, but specing for damage or healing is likely to become a problem for everyone once more Jobs are released.

1st world problems, I know.

I thought I would jump on to play for a bit in between studying, but it looks like that was a silly thought considering the time. Oh well, I'll probably be able to get on in a couple hours, and hopefully run a dungeon or so with some of UltrosGAF.

I am really enjoying the game, and the log in problems are probably saving me from fully indulging in some very bad habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom