• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroNeeko

Wow, is there really a cap on the amount of EXP you can gain per job in a week? I don't think I'll reach it, but seems pretty rough. Why punish your players for wanting to play their favorite job more?

Wow, is there really a cap on the amount of EXP you can gain per job in a week? I don't think I'll reach it, but seems pretty rough. Why punish your players for wanting to play their favorite job more?

Um, what? There was in 1.0, but that was long since abolished (even before the 1.x servers went down).

Aeana

Someone in the FC hit 50 today, so if there is, it must be really high.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I am not one to sit up all day trying to log in. I try once or twice then go do something else. I have been getting errors since the weekend and have not been able to play whenever I try to log in.

Does this game not have a queueing system? This launch seems incredibly amateur, especially for a second launch.

Negator

Just had a group give up on killing Titan after 40 minutes of wipes. I don't know if my connection is bad or something, but every 4th attempt I'd get knocked off the edge with his linear attack, even after moving immediately out of it as soon as I saw it. I was baffled.

There was someone faring even worse than me, and the other half of the group were not happy. There was constant bickering and bad feelings the whole time. orz

Mr. Hyde

I am not one to sit up all day trying to log in. I try once or twice then go do something else. I have been getting errors since the weekend and have not been able to play whenever I try to log in.

Does this game not have a queueing system? This launch seems incredibly amateur, especially for a second launch.

I'm at the same standstill. I managed to play this morning due to thankfully having free time, but that won't happen any other morning this week. It's really sad that there's not a working queue system. Oh well. Hopefully they will fix their queue system soon.

Amir0x

Banned
Alright, so now that everyone has really given this a try, would people who hated the original FFXIV say it's now worth jumping in? I really am tempted to... I missed out on the FFXI craze, and people said that it ended up being quite good.

Aeana

Where do I change gamepad targeting to only enemies? Driving me mad :p

There's 4 target filter presets you can access with L1+face buttons, and you can configure them somewhere in the options (I forget where, and I can't check because lol).

Eusis

Sounds like the fatigue system of the original, but it seems that was abolished in favor of just straight up leveling each class/job. Given the approach currently is to treat reaching 50 as more like a tutorial it's probably for the best really, they may've been evening the playing field for people who reliably played from the start but not at the same amounts but it only hurts those coming in alte and wanting to reach their friends sooner than later.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
There's 4 target filter presets you can access with L1+face buttons, and you can configure them somewhere in the options (I forget where, and I can't check because lol).

Aaah there we go! Thank you haha. You'll get in soon enough... I somehow randomly got in XD!

Foofaraw

Thinking about this upcoming holiday weekend is making me laugh/cry simultaneously.

I was thinking about resubbing to WoW or Rift to scratch the MMO itch. Then I looked at the games. ARR is so gorgeous.

I guess I'll end up playing FFXII in between fits of spamming 0.

I've been reading in reviews that there is a limit to the amount of quests you can do in a day. There was another review that said you earned full EXP for the first 8 hours in a week you level a particular job, then you earn reduced EXP (for that job) until the 15 hour mark where you'll then gain NO EXP.

Weird.

Thanks for clearing that up.

This game is getting ab-so-lute-ly slammed on Metacritic. Most publications are conceding that the game has potential, but is not ready for release yet. :/

Bro, are you reading 1.0 reviews, because it sounds like you are.

Mr. Hyde

I've been reading in reviews that there is a limit to the amount of quests you can do in a day. There was another review that said you earned full EXP for the first 8 hours in a week you level a particular job, then you earn reduced EXP (for that job) until the 15 hour mark where you'll then gain NO EXP.

Weird.

Thanks for clearing that up.

This game is getting ab-so-lute-ly slammed on Metacritic. Most publications are conceding that the game has potential, but is not ready for release yet. :/

There are no reviews on metacritic besides user reviews, unless you're looking at the original FF XIV. That's mostly an entirely different game now. There are plenty of bad 'user scores' on meta critic for arr, but all those are just slamming the messed up login issues.

Eusis

I was thinking about resubbing to WoW or Rift to scratch the MMO itch. Then I looked at the games. ARR is so gorgeous.

I guess I'll end up playing FFXII in between fits of spamming 0.
This IS part of what made me interested in GW2 and is exactly why I'll probably come back to it eventually: game's fairly recent and has no subscription fees. And as a bonus it's recent enough to look nice, nicer in some ways just by not needing to worry about accomodating a now aged console.

Mairu

Alright, so now that everyone has really given this a try, would people who hated the original FFXIV say it's now worth jumping in? I really am tempted to... I missed out on the FFXI craze, and people said that it ended up being quite good.

It's a fun game when you can actually log on and play.

teiresias

Where do I change gamepad targeting to only enemies? Driving me mad :p

In the "Character Configuration" menu from the main menu you can go to the filter tab and change those options. The regular options just let you change what can be targeted when you either have your weapon sheathed or not.

However, I've enabled the "Target Cycling" options below that that utilize LB+[A,B,X,or Y] to set up four groups. The name seems misleading though. Let's say I have LB+A set to Enemies. That made me think if I'm out in the field if I hit LB+A it will cycle through all nearby enemies. However, this doesn't seem to actually cycle, it seems to just let quickly change to a set number of targeting filters - at least in my experience it doesn't "cycle" through targets anyway. I have LB+B set to "Enemies", LB+A set to "all", LB+Y set to "Friends", and LB+X set to a custom grouping that's just party members and non-player characters and items. I use the LB+X combo when I'm in cities and want to be able to target shopkeepers, aetheryte, etc. without having to scroll through a million PCs.

Totakeke

Played until lvl 26 so far and one thing I don't like about the game is how linear it all feels. The zone look nice, but the dungeons (5 so far) are all single path point A to B affairs. There's no dungeons (like Gnomeregan in vanilla WoW) that come even close to impressing me to this point. Also the zones has not much flavor to them and I suppose that's because of their smaller size and how the main quest keeps jumping around the zones instead really staying in one. The other thing I suppose is also because how convenient questing is, you just go to the point on the map, finish your business and just go. There isn't much exploration involved in that.

Epcott

The real question is, will they extend the 30 day free sub after this server nonsense is said and done.

I checked my Mog Butt (or Mog Net) and it said 33 days of access, so I take it the EA was already tacked on to it to make up for the weekend.

This reminds me of the times when I'd try to play FF6 and get the world is full error.

/ohyou.jpg

How are people 50 already? Seriously I played like 7 hours today and got 4 levels.

Leveling isn't especially hard, but I'm getting to the point now (26 PGL) where it's definately slowed down if you're only doing quests and the occasional fate that's nearby.

As usual though, there will be the ones that rush to 50 and then get mad that they have "nothing else to do", though the Armory system should make up for the content lack (if there is one) at high levels. I'm leveling at least three classes to 50 right away, not to mention when I stop being lazy (this weekend) and get to work with my crafting.

teiresias

When you can get it the game is very fun. It doesn't have nearly the focus on group play as FFXI did. Some people dislike that, but for me, I never got into FFXI because it came out right when I was starting grad school at the time and there was no way I had time to spend hours looking for parties in that game, so I never really got far at all in that game.

In FFXIV v2 I feel engaged and can play alot of solo content - at least so far - if I want. The story beats happen fast enough in this setup as well to keep you interested if that's important to you (I like the story beats moreso than an endless traditional MMO grind, so that does it for me).

KuroNeeko

There are no reviews on metacritic besides user reviews, unless you're looking at the original FF XIV. That's mostly an entirely different game now. There are plenty of bad 'user scores' on meta critic for arr, but all those are just slamming the messed up login issues.

Bro, are you reading 1.0 reviews, because it sounds like you are.

Whoops.

Sorry! I deleted my original post. Hopefully my stupidity won't spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom