• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
Leveling isn't especially hard, but I'm getting to the point now (26 PGL) where it's definately slowed down if you're only doing quests and the occasional fate that's nearby.

As usual though, there will be the ones that rush to 50 and then get mad that they have "nothing else to do", though the Armory system should make up for the content lack (if there is one) at high levels. I'm leveling at least three classes to 50 right away, not to mention when I stop being lazy (this weekend) and get to work with my crafting.
I suppose my question was more about how people are actually leveling so fast. Quests? Instances? Fates?

It just seems crazy. I'm only 25 and the EXP is starting to crawl.

Kandinsky

There's 4 target filter presets you can access with L1+face buttons, and you can configure them somewhere in the options (I forget where, and I can't check because lol).

That doesnt seem to work for me, is this for PS3 only or does it work for PC with controller as well?.

I suppose my question was more about how people are actually leveling so fast. Quests? Instances? Fates?

It just seems crazy. I'm only 25 and the EXP is starting to crawl.

Spamming FATEs while doing Hunting Log is the most efficient I've found. You generally have very little down time.

jorgeton

I'm really interested in this. It'd be nice if the servers were fixed in time for the long weekend, I may jump in then. But I'll wait til everything is stable.

My only MMO experience has been DC Universe on PS3. Surely this is better, right??

Askani

Well, I'm done trying tonight. Besides flat out "World is full" errors, three times I got into a queue only to have it change to "World is full".

I got good Beta and Early Access time. Shame I can't log in to the game I paid for on the actual release day though. Extremely frustrating.

Well if he happens to get in queue, all that's going to do is reset it.

glad SE has our back from trying to break the system!

They thought of everything!

And people that are playing and getting to level cap. while I may snap at you, i really do mean gratz.

It's just yea... back to playing something else.

Whoops.

Sorry! I deleted my original post. Hopefully my stupidity won't spread.

NP. Very confusing. Not often does a game literally get nearly remade and relaunched under a similar moniker. But, yes, the two games are nearly night and day.

This one, ARR (aka 2.0), is fantastic. I've played more MMOs than I can count and this is easily one of the best in years (when you can get in, that is).

The closest I'm going to get to playing this game is looking at screenshots I took over the weekend. Behold, and share in my beloved memories...

dIRU9uq.jpg

teiresias

That doesnt seem to work for me, is this for PS3 only or does it work for PC with controller as well?.

You have to enable these preset filters by going into "Filtering" in the gamepad config under "Character Configuration" in the main menu. The LB(1)+[ABXY] presets are turned off by default.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
This is one of those moments where I feel fortunate enough to live in a timezone where everyone else is in bed.

Sucks for everyone else, but at least I get to experience the game as it was intended.

They really need an AFK kicker though. The amount of people hanging around the cities seemingly doing nothing is amazing.

Rafterman

Banned
I feel so sick right now. Prestige lost my FFXIV CE in the mail and since Amazon has no more in stock...refund. Dammit man...damn....

Now I not only have to get the regular edition for FFXIV but I have to buy a security token separately AND miss out on exclusive mounts.....

You can upgrade to the digital CE through the Mog store to get the in-game items.

Zolf

I can't believe they went live with the horrible anti-queue. Even if a queue took an hour to get in, it would be better than this crap. I can understand long queues on release days, but constant "sorry, try again!" is bullshit.

If I remember correctly, you can cycle through enemy targets by holding one of the triggers and pressing LB or RB to cycle in a certain direction.

raven777

Is there an expiration date for entering my CE code? I don't plan to start again until late September so I was planning to start my 30 days around that time.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Sure if if posted yet, but..

I need one of these.
Haha that's some nice crafting.

I have my razer nostromo doing an automated macro.

Well if he happens to get in queue, all that's going to do is reset it.
Half of the time I don't get a queue and go right in after running it.

When I do notice a queue My macro reset I turn my macro off. ~80% of the time I get in still.

Either way, I can do whatever and have a really good chance of getting in.

Edit: Queue just reset about 10 times. 132 in queue.
Success!!!!!

Thank you based macro.

Edit 2. Sorry, the formatting of this post is really retarded. Looked better on my phone.

dramatis

Excuse me?

What problem?
Right now the server is filled with afk people staring off into space because players all want to stay in, the result is that the server just has a bunch of people not playing in it while the players who do want to play can't get in. So yes, if you log in and never log out, you are part of the problem.

Askani

Excuse me?

What problem?

The problem of limited server space. So you log in and take up a server slot and great amounts of playtime for someone else with your character that isn't doing anything. Your time isn't worth more than someone else's. Log off when you're done and relog back in later like everyone else.

I'm trying to play the game I paid for. Bye

So is everyone else. We're not telling you to quit being a selfish jerk, but the least you could do is admit it.

Having so much fun with this game <3
My alt now has Therm at 20, Gladiator at 15, Miner at 15 and Goldsmith at 15.
Tomorrow I hope to get Glad to 20, and play on my other character.
Did my first Guild Leve and Leve quests today, they're good fun. Got some nice looking gear for Gladiator class, it looks a lot better than other early class stuff!
ffxiv_28082013_031136_zps97f5d727.png

Bonus pic of me and DMPrince chilling
ffxiv_28082013_031315_zps2c7a7a6c.png

Epcott

Half of the time I don't get a queue and go rifht in after running it.

When I do notice a queue I reset I turn me macro off. 80% of the time I get in still.

Ah, the benefits of master race.

Weeeeeelp, I've been doing this by hand for an hour straight. Guess it's time to cut losses and try tomorrow. Would play JP server but one moment servers are there, the next it says unable to load. Bah

Right now the server is filled with afk people staring off into space because players all want to stay in, the result is that the server just has a bunch of people not playing in it while the players who do want to play can't get in. So yes, if you log in and never log out, you are part of the problem.

maybe their hardware will break that way. everyone wins! i would never leave games running for too long without being near them myself.

Torquill

Dr. Peter Venkman: This game is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
GAF: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, GAF, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of 1017! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
If I'm wrong we go play TESO! Peacefully, quietly, we'll enjoy it! But, if I'm right, Yoshi-P, you will have saved the lives of millions of potential subscribers.

Rafterman

Banned

He's a symptom of the problem. A problem that could easily be rectified if SE got off their asses and put in an afk timer, or you know, actually had enough servers for the amount of people who paid for their game. At no point in this entire debacle have the players been "part of the problem".

I don't blame anyone for staying logged in, I blame SE for not being prepared. They've allowed this to happen, it's all on them.

Which class are you guys having the most fun with ?

Arcanist.

PGL/MNK will be my main job, but I'm having a blast with Arcanist. This is the first time I've ever had this much fun playing a casting class in any MMO.

I hope it gets better when I'm a Summoner. I REALLY need to hurry and level up THM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom