• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_chris

Oh, Managed to pick this up today!

npQgDQR.jpg

Got really lucky, got the very last one at the store! :D Can't believe how much these are going for online.

Now only if I could log-in! yay.

Hate you =(

Aesthet1c

I most realistically expect a MODEST increase on the server cap so that we mash less to get in.

I'm expecting another post on their forums apologizing and asking us to log in less. Honestly, I feel like that is all we are going to get from SE at this point.

LOL. The wait time just kept going up. At least supplied a time, even if it went up. lol

It's pretty accurate to how it was, too. You'd be waiting to get on a server and watch your estimated queue time go up. And sometimes even see your spot in the queue get pushed back as they refreshed everyone's time they got in line. And you'd just watch your unplayed level one rogue to idle animations for hours.

Oh, and don't alt-tab out. WoW hated that in the beginning.

Gritesh

They should at least allow me to create a character and place it into a queue to get onto the server, to flat out close the ability to even place your character onto a world is dum

Right now I feel like I spent 30 bucks to watch the cinematic and play around with a character creation tool, thats it.

I know I know, entitlement blah blah blah

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, going through, I think it takes way too long to get through the story to the point where you can join Grand Companies. Didn't take nearly as long as 1.0. Not to mention if you failed to get a GC chocobo in 1.0 you can't use your mounts, so legacy chocobo's and the Courel mount can't be used till you get through all of this.

Filth

What's the keyboard button to mash to keep trying to login easily? Moving the mouse around nonstop is tiresome.

Looks like I will not be able to play this until tomorrow hopefully, having someone from my ISP come out to the house in order to see just what is causing my router to drop my PS3's connection every 15-30 mins.

Aeana

Not as familiar as most of us are with the title, log-in screens, and error codes of FFXIV:ARR I'm sure.
This isn't going to go on forever. It will be fixed at some point. It's unlikely anything major will happen with this maintenance -- especially because of the infrasturcture upgrades announced for next week -- but if they can even just raise the caps on the servers due to some optimizations, that would be something. There's no reason for them to take the servers down for 3 hours if they don't plan to do anything. I mean, really.

Alex

yeah... i don't mind long server maintenance in mmo launches. i'm not a fan of people already reaching level cap while i twiddle my thumbs :(

So what has been y'all's worst mmo launches?

Anarchy Online will forever be the best of the worst.

This is still the worst I've seen since the pre-WoW dark ages, though.

Cheska

Is there any need to keep the Early Access and Beta downloads or can they be deleted to make space? The information is saved via your SE account, right?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So today I did Titan, The Sunken Temple of Qarn, Cutter's Cry, The Stone Vigil and finished at level 41 SMN for the night.

Tomorrow I have to do the SMN level 40 quest, queue in the DF to farm some loot from TSV since I got nothing this run and I'm wearing a mix of GC stuff and CC items, and although not bad, it could be better.

Also, Garuda is going down and maybe about level 45 by the end of the night.

You got to lvl 41 already? Jesus.

Rafterman

Banned
Yes, we're all very familiar with your particular brand of optimism at this point.

He is right, maintenance isn't going to do anything. The problems have nothing to do with the servers they have, it's the servers they don't have that are the issue. Nothing is going to change until they add hardware, which isn't happening tonight, or tomorrow, so be prepared for Groundhog Day for the rest of the week.

Sblargh

Banned
This isn't going to go on forever. It will be fixed at some point. It's unlikely anything major will happen with this maintenance -- especially because of the infrasturcture upgrades announced for next week -- but if they can even just raise the caps on the servers due to some optimizations, that would be something. There's no reason for them to take the servers down for 3 hours if they don't plan to do anything. I mean, really.

Kicking AFK people will help on its own. :p

teiresias

Is it better to leave on an airship immediately when you can or stick around in your starting city to get your first class up to 30 and make it through more of that guild's quests?

Aeana

He is right, maintenance isn't going to do anything. The problems have nothing to do with the servers they have, it's the servers they don't have that are the issue. Nothing is going to change until they add hardware, which isn't happening tonight, or tomorrow, so be prepared for Groundhog Day for the rest of the week.
As I said in my post above, I don't expect any major improvements, but they wouldn't take it down for 3 hours to do absolutely nothing.

Teknoman

Is it better to leave on an airship immediately when you can or stick around in your starting city to get your first class up to 30 and make it through more of that guild's quests?

I'd say leave asap so you can go ahead and start unlocking dungeons, other classes, and aetherpoints.

Whatever you want.

I leveled LNC to 17, went to Ul'Dah, and picked up PGL immediately. I'm just now coming back to Lancer. I like to switch it up, especially on days where I'm going hard and will be playing for multiple hours.

Sakura

You should be following your story quests, which involves leaving the starting city. Unless of course you want no Chocobo, dungeons, Grand Company, etc

teiresias

You should be following your story quests, which involves leaving the starting city. Unless of course you want no Chocobo, dungeons, Grand Company, etc

Well, since that quest is basically a courier quest, will I be sticking around the other cities or just delivering something to each city and coming right back to Limsa?

Sakura

Well, since that quest is basically a courier quest, will I be sticking around the other cities or just delivering something to each city and coming right back to Limsa?

You will have to go to other cities to do a respective dungeon there and some other quests. You will be moving around a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom