• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Well, I think I'm done. Registered, saw all the items, and it took me to the download page.

I can confirm (at least until login) that if you have a legacy acount and want the pre-order items, you can pre-order form Amazon, get the code, then cancel without any problems.

That's pretty sleazy.

So the server preorder redemption page still not working I take it? I'm getting try again later =/, hope it works before the early access.

Edit: Got through =D

falastini

I put the two codes in... is there somewhere I can check to see if my status is correct? Or am I supposed to get an email or something?

vazel

Banned
I did the Amazon pre-order trick too. I don't feel guilty. I bought and played the game back when it was shitty. Plus I'm a Legacy member and will subscribe for a long time, SE will make their money back from me many times over.

Khrno

I don't believe you, ARR didn't exist back then, if you bought anything, it was the original 1.0 version, and that didn't entitle you to ARR's early access unless you participated from the Legacy campaign.

And the pre-order bonuses are only for ARR, have nothing to do with 1.0 pre-orders, Legacy or anything like that.

koji kabuto

Well, I think I'm done. Registered, saw all the items, and it took me to the download page.

I can confirm (at least until login) that if you have a legacy acount and want the pre-order items, you can pre-order form Amazon, get the code, then cancel without any problems.

I would not recommend posting an advice on doing such a douchebag move.

ZeroEdge

I heard you can also download music files and shit from the internet for free without any problems.

Or does that comparison not apply here?

I don't know about amazon I tried to pre-purchase from them both the PS3 and PC version and didn't get codes for either so I said screw it canceled went to GMG got my code instantly and it cost me $5 bucks less too :) Now I'm all ready for the weekend!

LaneDS

I don't believe you, ARR didn't exist back then, if you bought anything, it was the original 1.0 version, and that didn't entitle you to ARR's early access/pre-order bonuses unless you participated from the Legacy campaign.

No believe me, I know exactly when Dr. Forester paid for the game, which was in 2011.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't believe you, ARR didn't exist back then, if you bought anything, it was the original 1.0 version, and that didn't entitle you to ARR's early access unless you participated from the Legacy campaign.

And the pre-order bonuses are only for ARR, have nothing to do with 1.0 pre-orders, Legacy or anything like that.

You honestly can't see why people who bought the old game CE even and maybe subbed a few months but just barely missed legacy might be pissed they cant play when almost everyone else gets to?

The fact new players get a headstart on older players that didn't make legacy in time is stupid.

Edit: and if anything people who DID make legacy are supporting the company less in the long run. Sorry.

LaneDS

You honestly can't see why people who bought the old game CE even and maybe subbed a few months but just barely missed legacy might be pissed they cant play when almost everyone else gets to?

The fact new players get a headstart on older players that didn't make legacy in time is stupid.

Thank you.

T.O.P

Banned
I heard you can also download music files and shit from the internet for free without any problems.

Or does that comparison not apply here?

So let me understand, i pre ordered the game back in June, then i noticed that the italian Amazon wasn't showing the CE, i went on anoter website and pre-ordered the CE there once i saw the extra contents and that i was interested in having that edition, without even thinking about the pre-order code

now this is stealing?
Is Amazon forcing me to keep the order or had me agreeing on some rules?

people do this all the time, for betas, early access and extra items, come on

LaneDS

A Realm Reborn? In 2011?

Keep telling yourself that ARR isn't just a completely reworked and remarketed Final Fantasy XIV, and that Square-Enix for a second ever considered trying to sell it to people who bought and supported the original broken vision of the game.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You replied before I edited to add:

A Realm Reborn? In 2011?

But my purchase of 1.0 entitles me to ARR. Technically, I've had ARR pre-ordered before you did (Unless you also were on the 1.0 train). So thankfully, Square's oversight on this matter is easily rectifiable.

Guys, let's not dwell on this pre-order items business.
If SE want to introduce a way to prevent people from claiming the items (some sort of authentication) in future then they'll do it. Don't need a witch hunt.

Khrno

I'm a 1.0 CE owner, I'm a Legacy player, I will be an ARR's CE owner in a few days when ShopTp dispatches my box.

No, I don't see how people basically stealing pre-order items and game time, is any different than downloading anything else for free from the internet.

People should stop feeling entitled to things just because they were so close or whatever.

Sakura

Edit: and if anything people who DID make legacy are supporting the company less in the long run. Sorry.

I thought it was about the user getting CE pre-order items by pre-ordering the game and then cancelling when they got the code, not about early access.

Apologies in advance for my ignorance, but I have a question if one of you doesn't mind helping me. I've noticed legacy users get early access, right?

I pre-ordered the game a long time ago, when it first came out. Got the CE and all...how do I tell if I have legacy or now?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Apologies in advance for my ignorance, but I have a question if one of you doesn't mind helping me. I've noticed legacy users get early access, right?

I pre-ordered the game a long time ago, when it first came out. Got the CE and all...how do I tell if I have legacy or now?

Legacy is only for people who paid during the 1.0 version of the game, and has nothing to do with people who pre-order ARR.

frequency

You likely do not have Legacy status. That is only for people who paid for 3 months of play time during 1.0.

vazel

Banned
I thought it was about the user getting CE pre-order items by pre-ordering the game and then cancelling when they got the code, not about early access.
Legacy players already had early access. I did it for the Moogle cap. Woe is me, my pirate heart.

Sakura

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/accffxiv go here, log in, click "select service" then click Final Fantasy XIV, and if you are legacy it will say next to your account. Basically if you paid a subscription fee for 3 consecutive months in 1.0, then you are legacy.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm a 1.0 CE owner, I'm a Legacy player, I will be an ARR's CE owner in a few days when ShopTp dispatches my box.

No, I don't see how people basically stealing pre-order items and game time, is any different than downloading anything else for free from the internet.

People should stop feeling entitled to things just because they were so close or whatever.

Stealing game time? I'm a 1.0 CE owner, Legacy member, and beta participant. I already had early access.

Askani

For people who downloaded the Beta drivers for AMD and NVIDIA cards mentioned earlier, did you all get performance gains? I actually got very slightly worse performance.

BooJoh

ok just got a question. so i ordered collectors edition from amazon. when i went to enter the 20 digit code i just got I was presented with this

ztL3723l.jpg

Does this mean I am good to go for Collectors Edition or am I gonna have to make a call to Amazon?

I previously received an EU 20 digit code for my NA 18 digit code. Tried again and got an NA 20 digit, and the page showed exactly the same thing for me. I preordered the ARR CE from GMG, so I'm guessing this is what we're supposed to be seeing. I really don't know.

On my account management at https://secure.square-enix.com/account/ it still just lists XIV as registered on Sep 1, 2010 (from the 1.0 open beta.)

Khrno

But my purchase of 1.0 entitles me to ARR. Technically, I've had ARR pre-ordered before you did (Unless you also were on the 1.0 train). So thankfully, Square's oversight on this matter is easily rectifiable.

I think I'm repeating myself here, but I'm a 1.0's beta player, 1.0's CE owner, Legacy player and I will be an ARR's CE owner in a few days when ShopTp dispatches my box.

Keep telling yourself that ARR isn't just a completely reworked and remarketed Final Fantasy XIV, and that Square-Enix for a second ever considered trying to sell it to people who bought and supported the original broken vision of the game.

But 1.0 players don't have to buy the game, and just because they aren't getting 2 items from the new retail version of the game they fell like deserve them, when they are meant as incentives to people to purchase that new version. Put your feet on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom