• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been posted but...

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/0edd08e8117972bca5bb6abbb07c1574f8a6f73a

Thank you very much for playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

We would like to make a clarification regarding our previous announcement “Regarding Congestion in Japan Data Center Worlds (Aug. 27)” in which we stated that we are preparing to increase the capacity of our data centers.

The first half of the announcement regarding login and character creation restrictions was directed towards our players who would be playing during peak hours in Japan data center Worlds.

However, the second half of the announcement regarding increasing the capacity of our data centers was meant to also encompass North American and European data center Worlds and not just be limited to Japan data center Worlds.

We deeply apologize for causing concern amongst the North American and European community due to our lack of clarity. Capacity will be increased for data centers in all regions.

Once again, thank you for your understanding and cooperation to help us welcome more players to the game.

CLBridges

I must be getting lucky with my logins. I initially tried to login around 1700CST and got the 1017. Tried a few more times and by 1705CST I was in. I only played for about an hour and I really can't get over how good this game is IMO. It looks good and my connection must be good enough because everything flows smoothly. This is my first MMO and it's got its hooks in me :). I got my Archer up to level 18 and Conjurer up to level 10. So I linked Protect on my Archer along with Cure, so I'm gonna put Conjurer on the back burner for a little.

I'm playing on Siren right now and didn't get a chance to read about the GAF world Ultros before committing, oh well. I wish I could find a Conjurer down to get some quests done quickly but I've been fairing pretty well solo. I didn't know people weren't logging out when done with their session. I always go to the inn in Gridania and get a room to rest/log out. Hopefully SE gets it together for everybody soon.

It's more a case of idiot DPSers who either:

a) Don't bother to attack the target that I'm tanking, even if I've marked them.
b) Thaumaturges who spam AOE attacks over and over non-stop on all enemies instead of using single target attacks, which makes it harder for me to keep aggro on the adds that I'm not personally tanking.

This results in me having to spam Overpower more regularly just to keep aggro, and usually just to pull aggro back.

-_-

If you have a ACN in your group forget about focussing in one mob, better spray hate to every mob the best you can.

Rafterman

Banned
22:29 person1lololol
22:29 person2_ 3. FUCK THIS SHIT RAWR ENTITLEMENT I DONT KNOW HOW MMOS WORK

So, what are GAFs thoughts? I'm sure "I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't play MMOs" sure, but should fans of MMOs be okay with paying for a game on launch day and having a miserable experience? How is that acceptable in any way?

Thank you.

I think person2 is a tool. Please tell me he isn't in the FC on Ultros?

People who buy products have an expectation, yes an entitlement, to it working. Over the years apologists have have tried to convince everyone that it doesn't apply to MMOs, and because of this mentality you end up with people like person2, who happily eat shit with a big grin on their faces and wonder why you don't want to join them.

Ok I have been searching for the level 20 story quest and I cannot find it. Everything I've read tells me I'm supposed to go to the Ul'Dah market. I go there and nothing happens. Where the hell is the trigger for this quest?

knitoe

Good luck getting in, seriously. It's one of the almost always full servers.

I figure a way to get in. Someone mention using Xbox controller and keep spamming the A button. Along that line, I connect my Madcatz SF joystick with turbo option. Enable turbo with A button and put something to keep A button down (auto button pressing). You will keep on trying to login. It's so fast I can't even read the 1017 error message. In about 10 min, I am able to get in.

Foaloal

Maintenance from 3-6 am EST?
That sucks, that's the I only time I'll have to play today.
Oh well, guess I'll have to find something else to do tonight.

smr00

Banned
So what exactly do i do when i am in an area with 0 quest, 0 of those levequest things and can't get into my main quest because everyone in the area is DPS?

I literally spend 30 minutes just exploring this huge place going area-area looking for quest and could not find anything even near my level. Do i just sit here and farm fates and pray i get into this dungeon?

Teknoman

Took them hours to clarify this. The US managers probably had to go begging to the head honchos in Japan to include NA/EU in this upgrade, hence the delay.

I doubt that, more likely just classic S-E being unclear or leaving out vital info ala their account processes.

Teknoman

So what exactly do i do when i am in an area with 0 quest, 0 of those levequest things and can't get into my main quest because everyone in the area is DPS?

I literally spend 30 minutes just exploring this huge place going area-area looking for quest and could not find anything even near my level. Do i just sit here and farm fates and pray i get into this dungeon?

Hunting log, or make your own party and do the dungeon with local server people. Old school style.

smr00

Banned
Hunting log, or make your own party and do the dungeon with local server people. Old school style.
Hunting log? BTW i am level 19.

Stuck at this place where i am doing some pirate thing? instance? im on that battleleve or levebattle? questleve? levequest? whatever the hell its called, on a 9 hour cooldown or something. Literally can't find anything to do :-/

Isn't a huge deal right now because i am going to bed but it's just a bummer i essentially wasted 1-1.5 hours looking for a quest. Also, tried forming a party for 30 minutes and everyone near me was DPS and they were looking for tank/heals. Maybe i will have better luck tomorrow.

Which inevitably leads to me running out of TP, which of course leads back to my original question of, how do I restore TP?

Don't overuse overpower with MRD or at least don't make it your main tank tool, you can use Flash (if you have it) or spread the hate by switching the enemies your attacking and doing your combos (or mid combos) to one enemy on a time.

A couple of Overpowers should give you enough time to keep the hate as long as you keep switching targets. Look for those who need more hate and act accordingly, is 10x times harder and demanding than just having a normal party who focus on one and sleep the links but....oh well....

Wow:

Important Notice About FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn - Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we are currently experiencing extremely long wait times for users to be able to log in and play. As a temporary measure, we will halt sales of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN’s digital download products so we can accommodate all of those wishing to play. We are working to expand our server capacity in the coming days.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/i...al-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-digital-downloads

Surprising they are actually stopping digital sales until they can get more capacity.

Teknoman

Hunting log? BTW i am level 19.

Stuck at this place where i am doing some pirate thing? instance? im on that battleleve or levebattle? questleve? levequest? whatever the hell its called, on a 9 hour cooldown or something. Literally can't find anything to do :-/

Isn't a huge deal right now because i am going to bed but it's just a bummer i essentially wasted 1-1.5 hours looking for a quest. Also, tried forming a party for 30 minutes and everyone near me was DPS and they were looking for tank/heals. Maybe i will have better luck tomorrow.

"Its probably pirates" Scenario Quest? I'd say search in town. Also your hunting log is a series of enemies you kill a certain number of (think bounty checklist) and they you get a large exp bonus (and maybe gil? i forget) upon completion of that segment.

You unlock them from doing class quests (talk to your class' guildmaster). Class quests unlock every 5 levels.

Subxero

MogStation doesn't show the ps3 key I registered, is that normal? PSN acknowledges the fact that I registered it though.

I just registered mine. It shows a balloon in the top of the service account window. One says PC CE or Windows CE and the other says PS3. I just checked it about 5 mins ago to be sure it registered right.

So is it out of the realm of possibility to buy a FFXIV 1.0 disc for cheap and upgrading to ARR for PC or is it cheaper to buy the digital version

MogStation doesn't show the ps3 key I registered, is that normal? PSN acknowledges the fact that I registered it though.

It didn't show up for me until I started the game up after logging in. It gives you the user agreement and all that stuff and shows you what version of the game you have then it shows up on Mogstation.(At this point Trophies show up to)

Teknoman

Pretty crazy. The only other game I can think of that had to do this was Guild Wars 2 (unless GAF knows of others that had to halt sales)

Well...on the bright side, I guess everyone enjoyed playing the beta / are spreading positive word about the actual game itself?

Still cant get on unfortunately...and when I do, i'll just keep leveling Pugilist or Miner/Fisherman until the capacity is upgraded/problems even out.

Velk

Neo Member
So, what are GAFs thoughts? I'm sure "I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't play MMOs" sure, but should fans of MMOs be okay with paying for a game on launch day and having a miserable experience? How is that acceptable in any way?

IMO there is no excuse for poor launch other than bad planning. Sometimes you have to make hard decisions, but they are definitely doable. Witness DAoC launch, which was pretty much flawless, because they worked out capacity beforehand and then only sold that many copies.

Sure you had people raging that they couldn't get a copy due to limited supply, but it's better than everyone suffering.

It's not like it's a surprise that there's a big influx of people on launch date, it's happened with every MMO ever launched, and almost all of them have done exactly the same thing - had huge problems, run out and bought heaps of new hardware, and then ended up with a wasteland of barely populated servers a month later.

Any MMO launch plan that doesn't include a bunch of short term extra capacity for launch, an easy plan for scaling up and down, and some mechanism for server consolidation, is a plan that has been created by someone incompetent.

Teknoman

The higher level you get, you really cant get away with spamming the same skill, or even rotation of skills since TP and MP management becomes crucial. Throw some item hotbuttons in too (potions and ethers) just in case.

Speaking of which...I probably should invest in some status debuff potions to throw at things.

MogCakes

Looks like I was right before, SE wasn't anticipating getting THIS many people wanting to play. Not an excuse for them, but it explains a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom