• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
FATE is a really fun feature but when do they get tough?

Lazy Laurence in the South Shroud was significantly harder in Beta 3, because there weren't 80 people killing him.

From what I understand, higher level FATEs will require some degree of coordination and synergy amongst people gathered. Or that might just be for the special ones, like Behemoth and Odin (I think those were both confirmed to be FATE events).

Normally though, I think they're just exp/seal suppliments.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Isn't there a way they could implement a time limit for idling? I guess they chose not to do use that off the bat, but situations like this...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I seriously hope that later on they add in an option to turn off others crafting sounds. Since I dont give a flying fuck about hearing all of their sounds. They gave us chat options so might as well add in the sound ones too.

Is it me or are some of the dungeons really lazy in terms of the boss fights? In particular, the two Gridania dungeons (forget their names, tara and toto or something lol). Anyways, the first 3 bosses are exact copies with the exact same mechanics with only the final boss being anything interesting or new. It happens in both dungeons as well. Really disappointing. Maybe it's just those two dungeons - the rest have been fine.

Oh, Managed to pick this up today!

npQgDQR.jpg

Got really lucky, got the very last one at the store! :D Can't believe how much these are going for online.

Now only if I could log-in! yay.

Lucky! At least you have a pretty box to look at while trying to log in :p

phierce

I seriously hope that later on they add in an option to turn off others crafting sounds. Since I dont give a flying fuck about hearing all of their sounds. They gave us chat options so might as well add in the sound ones too.

Yes...and an option to turn off the chocobo riding music.

WolvenOne

For all the little comments about it, "just being a server restart."

You don't need three hours, JUST to restart the server. We've had server restarts before, they lasted less than an hour. This of course doesn't mean that everything's magically going to be better, but there's no need to be fatalist and cynical.

Sakura

Jeels

Posting a discussion I had, removing the others names as they might not want to be known:

22:26 person1 uh
22:26 person1launch congestion is gonna happen/has happened for every mmo
22:26 person1this is like
22:26 person1a fact of life now
22:26 person1and those people don't know shit
22:26 jeels well as a consumer, i dont accept it, this isnt directed at ffxiv
22:27 person1well i'm sorry you feel that way but
22:27 person2_ as a consumer- its an MMO launch- keep pants on
22:27 person1it's just how it is
22:27 jeels if its expected that you wont be able to play your game on day one, let alone create a character, and you are okay with that, then you must be into some anti consumer bullshit
22:28 person2_ When Aion came out
22:28 person1you don't know what you're talking about, sorry
22:28 person2_ you know how much i was able to play day 1?
22:28 person2_ nodda
22:28 person2_ because servers, on launch day, for an MMO
22:28 person2_ there's 3 ways to handle this
22:28 jeels okay, well you guys are against your own interests then and have low standards, good for you
22:28 person2_ 1. Accept it, realize that oh man this game is popular, it'll die down in a few and everyone will forget about this in a month
22:28 person2_ 2. Wow.. this sucks. But yeah .. okay
22:29 person1lololol
22:29 person2_ 3. FUCK THIS SHIT RAWR ENTITLEMENT I DONT KNOW HOW MMOS WORK

So, what are GAFs thoughts? I'm sure "I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't play MMOs" sure, but should fans of MMOs be okay with paying for a game on launch day and having a miserable experience? How is that acceptable in any way?

Thank you.

gribbles

Banned
Is there any way to restore TP in the middle of a battle? I keep running out when tanking, especially when there's lots of adds to pull.

I honestly don't get why Squeenix didn't bother to include any TP potions at all.

So, what are GAFs thoughts? I'm sure "I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't play MMOs" sure, but should fans of MMOs be okay with paying for a game on launch day and having a miserable experience? How is that acceptable in any way?

Thank you.

You're not wrong. Regardless if this is old hat or not (And it's not, because ALL MMOs don't have shit launches), as customers, we should demand better.

...Granted, I haven't actually PAID for anything yet, but SE got my money back three yeaes ago for 1.0. It seriously hurts me a bit when I see how many of you haven't gotten to experience ARR because of the errors, because the game is fantastic. This should have been ironed out during Beta 4.

Of course, it would have helped if Beta 4 was longer than two days.

tl;dr, yes, it's unacceptable, and people should be upset about it.

Vador

Neo Member
So I was never able the log for the whole night.. thanks for nothing Square.. seriously this freaking suck.. what a waste...

Posting a discussion I had, removing the others names as they might not want to be known:

22:27 jeels if its expected that you wont be able to play your game on day one, let alone create a character, and you are okay with that, then you must be into some anti consumer bullshit
22:28 jeels okay, well you guys are against your own interests then and have low standards, good for you
22:28 person2_ 1. Accept it, realize that oh man this game is popular, it'll die down in a few and everyone will forget about this in a month

Thank you.

its the fault of the genre

its not acceptable but it seems unavoidable under any circumstance no matter how prepared the company tries to be so most people just roll with it

the most egregious issue with this one is that when I checked earlier, not a single NA server was allowing new character creation

that is ridiculous

Ran hatali or whatever the dungeon is called

everyone stands in the bad shit and everyone ignores adds

this is definitely an MMO

Lol I remember in the Ifrit fight how I knew we were doomed when I was the only DPS attacking the sword. Then Hellfire came and bodied us. Followed by a "Hey PUG pay fuckin attention" in the chat box. I lol'd at that cause I was thinking the same thing

WolvenOne

Thank you.

It's not just MMO's though. CoD's regularly have congestion issues this first few days of their own launch as well. Anytime you have popular games with a heavy online component, that component IS going to be a bit rocky for the first few days.

That doesn't mean that Square couldn't have handled it better, but, there are reasons problems like this pop up, and there is no simple way of avoiding them altogether.

It's not just MMO's though. CoD's regularly have congestion issues this first few days of their own launch as well. Anytime you have popular games with a heavy online component, that component IS going to be a bit rocky for the first few days.

That doesn't mean that Square couldn't have handled it better, but, there are reasons problems like this pop up, and there is no simple way of avoiding them altogether.

Yeah this is true I play CoD every year and that's a train wreck it's first few also

Sakura

I'm a Marauder, so what option do I have?

What are you trying to tank? I've only done the first three dungeons, and plan to do Toto-Rak tonight, but I haven't had problems with TP yet. Are you perhaps using your more expensive moves too often? Or maybe DPS isn't doing enough so the battle goes on too long?

wrongway

So I take it launch day was more of the usual missing NA/EU servers and 'world full' stuff? I ended up wrestling with plumbing nonsense as soon as I got home, haven't been able to try playing yet. :[

edit: woo, in queue (187)

Nekofrog

Banned
Finally got everything to work last night... and despite the fact that my friends are having a good time with it, I'm not. Tab targetting and button spamming is just too old a gameplay concept for me I think.

gribbles

Banned
What are you trying to tank? I've only done the first three dungeons, and plan to do Toto-Rak tonight, but I haven't had problems with TP yet. Are you perhaps using your more expensive moves too often? Or maybe DPS isn't doing enough so the battle goes on too long?

It's more a case of idiot DPSers who either:

a) Don't bother to attack the target that I'm tanking, even if I've marked them.
b) Thaumaturges who spam AOE attacks over and over non-stop on all enemies instead of using single target attacks, which makes it harder for me to keep aggro on the adds that I'm not personally tanking.

This results in me having to spam Overpower more regularly just to keep aggro. Of course, this often leaves me without TP when I DO need it when the idiot THM inevitably pulls aggro cos he was merrily tossing AOE spells without caring whether or not this was making it harder for me to tank.

-_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom