• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatOne

Finally was able to download the client/patch. Since Ultros is down I'm just going to wait until it opens up again before playing this game. Does it really matter what race I pick. For example, if I want to play lancer would one race be better than the other or are the differences in stats minimal.

Teknoman

What sort of business wants to make less sales?

images-1.jpg

moowear

Not sure if there's a resolution to this but, I purchased 2 game codes. 1 standard, 1 CE edition. The standard code was going to my cousin and I was going to roll with the CE but I accidentally entered the standard code to start my game.

Is there any way to reverse this? Does cancelling the service account "renew" the standard code so that he can use it and I just enter the CE code? Anyone any ideas?

Sblargh

Banned
I really want these problems to be over so I can talk about how much I love this game, but right now, it feels disingenious. Like creating a smoke screen.

Speaking of nothing but game, it really deserves all the copies it is selling and more. It really is a work of love and care and it shows.

Speaking of these problems, tho, I don't care if they will be resolved. This "world is full" error is the worst thing I ever encountered in a situation like this. It is worse than the server not working, it is worse than the first day where duty finder wasn't working.

It is a special kind of torture and disregard for your userbase to tell them to "wait for an opening" and give no clue whatsoever about what this means. Wait how long? Tell me not to login, period. Tell me "world is full"; make me sit in a two hour queue, but fucking let me know it is a two hour queue.

Making me retry to enter the game every 5 seconds for a period of hours and hours is just... argh... is infuriating. I repeat that it is worse than the game not plain working, at least in that case, I could just go do something else and not be tied up to this horrible hope that I might just get in.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So, what are GAFs thoughts? I'm sure "I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't play MMOs" sure, but should fans of MMOs be okay with paying for a game on launch day and having a miserable experience? How is that acceptable in any way?

Thank you.

It's not acceptable. But it doesn't mean companies will do something drastic about it. The copies have been sold, despite digital sales being halted, and subs are already paid for. Future subs won't feel any impact since these are launch problems, meaning they won't occur down the road. From a business standpoint, it's pointless to spend a ton of money to have a launch that will please everyone and make it run as smooth as butter.

Teknoman

I really want these problems to be over so I can talk about how much I love this game, but right now, it feels disingenious. Like creating a smoke screen.

Speaking of nothing but game, it really deserves all the copies it is selling and more. It really is a work of love and care and it shows.

Speaking of these problems, tho, I don't care if they will be resolved. This "world is full" error is the worst thing I ever encountered in a situation like this. It is worse than the server not working, it is worse than the first day where duty finder wasn't working.

It is a special kind of torture and disregard for your userbase to tell them to "wait for an opening" and give no clue whatsoever about what this means. Wait how long? Tell me not to login, period. Tell me "world is full"; make me sit in a two hour queue, but fucking let me know it is a two hour queue.

Making me retry to enter the game every 5 seconds for a period of hours and hours is just... argh... is infuriating. I repeat that it is worse than the game not plain working, at least in that case, I could just go do something else and not be tied up to this horrible hope that I might just get in.

" I've thought of a wonderful present for you... Shall I give you despair? "

nikos

Does anyone know where to see rewards for each Grand Company? I'm at the point where I need to choose one. I'm aiming to be a WHM.

EDIT: Found it on ffxivinfo

MogCakes

vazel

Banned
I hope these new servers don't turn into ghost towns 3 months down the line. That will make the game look even worse than these launch issues(see: SWTOR).

Tarazet

I got to 30 MRD today, then beelined to the Gladiator's guild so I could start that going and unlock WAR. I was very amused that I can use Mercy Stroke (an execute you get at level 26) and mount my chocobo at level 1. Heeheehee. It feels like I'm breaking things.

Ploid 3.0

What sort of business wants to make less sales?

It's pretty much the best move to do. What would they gain from more angry new customers to fight for entry?It's best to stop selling if yo uwon't add servers and wait until the early adopters are done with their marathon playing.

I got to 30 MRD today, then beelined to the Gladiator's guild so I could start that going and unlock WAR. I was very amused that I can use Mercy Stroke (an execute you get at level 26) and mount my chocobo at level 1. Heeheehee. It feels like I'm breaking things.

wish i knew about MS. only found out i could mount my chocobo at level 10 or so.

Tarazet

I'm a Marauder, so what option do I have?

Overpower is great for getting threat on 5+ squishy mobs and building a threat lead, but you can't use it too much. Use it with Berserk if you can. Mark one for the melee to chew on, focus your combos on that, and use Flash to keep the healers and casters from pulling off you between combos if you need to.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
GjvDYLy.png

I seriously need to work more on leveling my main job instead of doing pretty much all the crafting ones. But being self sufficient is highly useful and money saving. Just not so much with time put in to do so. D:

Later on HQ vs normal armor sets is just a huge difference personally. Its bad seeing how some of the bosses in dungeons are doing damage to me and makes me wonder what would happen to others without the HQ armor sets. Threw all my points into VIT also, since my job is to make sure I keep the attention of whatever Im hitting. Pure damage dealing should go to whoever is on the side / back of the target.

*Updated the set and now have a HQ belt to go along with it. Now can focus on making full HQ sets to sell on the AH for cash. Already made 5k off of one pair of pants so far. Just putting them up one at a time for each category.

Retro

Not sure if you're trying to be funny/cute here, but they throttled back direct sales of Guild Wars 2 for 10 days because they wanted to make sure the experience of their early-adopters wasn't negatively impacted by the rush of players (this was two days after launch). It was still available at Amazon as well as any retail outlets. It wasn't about wanting less money, it was about making sure their players were able to actually play the game they purchased.

Parakeetman

Overpower is great for getting threat on 5+ squishy mobs and building a threat lead, but you can't use it too much. Use it with Berserk if you can. Mark one for the melee to chew on, focus your combos on that, and use Flash to keep the healers and casters from pulling off you between combos if you need to.

Berserk + that Blood something (the HP recovery skill) makes for a great combo with overpower for gaining some of that chip damage back with multiple targets.

Turning in for the night but I had a blast! Very little hassle logging in the three times I played today. Got my Conjurer to 19, beat two dungeons, and got to meet more cool GAF peeps.

I seriously need to work more on leveling my main job instead of doing pretty much all the crafting ones. But being self sufficient is highly useful and money saving. Just not so much with time put in to do so. D:

Don't worry I'm in the same boat with my classes, currently have Glad and Pug at 25, Conjurer at 17 and the rest around 10. Can't seem to keep focus on leveling one class, I just want to play them all....

Gonna focus tonight and atleast try and unlock Paladin.

WolvenOne

I feel inclined to point out, that Square stated this morning they were expanding their data center, so the news they're adding new worlds isn't surprising.

Hopefully they'll give players free Server transfers to the new servers, aaaand, prompt players to do so when servers are full.

Parakeetman

Don't worry I'm in the same boat with my classes, currently have Glad and Pug at 25, Conjurer at 17 and the rest around 10. Can't seem to keep focus on leveling one class, I just want to play them all....

Gonna focus tonight and atleast try and unlock Paladin.

For me its always I start to need something for one class so stop to collect / craft the items. From there it kinda branches out. Though currently main pain patrol is the Marauder / Gladiator. After that will work on the lancer I think.

Didnt want to put Lancer into the mix yet as of yet as its armor set differs from the M / G. Am out of space as is with both the retainer and myself. Am a walking storehouse for crafting materials its hilarious.

nikos

I'm really torn on which Grand Company to choose. I think Maelstrom appeals to me the most (because they wear black lulz) but Twin Adder is supposed to have better gear for spell casters (I'm going WHM) and Gridania was my home town.

What to do?

EDIT: Went Twin Adder :eek:

daveo42

Banned
Ok, where do you go to get the quest to have your chocobo fight with you in battle. For the life of me I missed and am not sure where it is.

Edit: nm...found it and completed quest.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
When I get this game I'm going to do Fisher, then Botanist, then probably Weaver... then probably work to a White Mage or something.

I will be your support bitch!

Roulette

Threw all my points into VIT also, since my job is to make sure I keep the attention of whatever Im hitting.

But VIT won't help you keep attention. STR will. Right? Or are you saying you go all VIT because maintaining aggro is all skill based for you?

And what about tanking for marauder(can warrior tank?) vs. gladiator/paladin?

In a nutshell, Warrior = AOE damage sponges, Paladin = single target damage mitigators. Both are capable tanks, but that's their specialties.

Ferrio

Banned
But VIT won't help you keep attention. STR will. Right? Or are you saying you go all VIT because maintaining aggro is all skill based for you?

In a nutshell, Warrior = AOE damage sponges, Paladin = single target damage mitigators. Both are capable tanks, but that's their specialties.

Paladin's specialty is being boring as shit to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom