• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.O.P

Banned
i'm convinced random DD players are now far worse than in beta. fights in haukke and longstop take a looooong time compared to what i'm used to. terrible.

that or they buffed hp in dungeons by 50%.

nha going pug after 30 looks like a chore

i did Haukke Manor with some gaffer last night and i took almost half the time then with randoms

Clocked 34 last night, can't wait to get more BLM skillz, class is getting kinda stale at this point
Also started a Marauder alt and maybe i'll go with Archer too at some point

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Sounds like higher level content is quality. And hell, I STILL haven't done a Guildhest. Do people do those? I was told to wait for second/third job leveling to really try them.

You can try a them out, just every time you do them on the next job the XP will be way lower, same with gil and no more first time XP bonus for revisiting unless a party in your player has never done it before

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
One thing I hate is how the client decides to give you system status updates in the wrong fucking time as its decided by the client language rather than actual user regional IP information.

So I always need to go looking up what the times are in Japan thanks to that.

Same goes for the "random" search function for the dungeons. Client set to english = getting stuck with english randoms. Even though my IP should be recognized as being within Japan.

Id switch the client back over to Japanese, but then it makes its a pain in the ass for when am unable to read certain things. With how this game is too not being able to read whats told to you is generally a bad idea. Or folks who dont read period. As with the geniuses that I got stuck with who went running off touching all of the wrong items in the dungeon, when we were given a specific clue as to what the correct choice was.

Good lord.

Muku

Crap, finally got time... and maint? FFS. :( When did it start and how long they plan on going for? Not like I have a boatload of time today so this makes me a sad mithra.

One thing I hate is how the client decides to give you system status updates in the wrong fucking time as its decided by the client language rather than actual user regional IP information.

So I always need to go looking up what the times are in Japan thanks to that.

I hear that. Wish it would go by IP instead. So tired of being confused by that.

nha going pug after 30 looks like a chore

i did Haukke Manor with some gaffer last night and i took almost half the time then with randoms

clocked 34 last night, can't wait to get more BLM skillz, class is getting kinda stale at this point

started a Marauder alt and maybe i'll go with Archer too at some point

yea, don't think these guys know how to utilize their class. it's terrible that the game allowed them to come this far. there have to be more checkpoints along the way.

Parakeetman

Is there a 2.0 wiki yet?

Funny thing is there isnt even a good Japanese one yet according to my friend that keeps up with that info. Guess everyone is still too busy rushing to clear as much as they can first, before they decide to take a break and fill up one with data.

yea, don't think these guys know how to utilize their class. it's terrible that the game allowed them to come this far. there have to be more checkpoints along the way.

You would have thought the dungeons would be the biggest idiot checks so far. But apparently not enough. Esp the story quest initially that takes you through 3 different ones in a row. Do appreciate the fact that they at least tried to make some sort of idiot test with parts of the game design though.

Korezo

Wait until the Titan fight,I wiped like 8 times with 2 different pugs, people always kept falling off or doing crappy dps that boss would enrage.

WolvenOne

Crap, finally got time... and maint? FFS. :( When did it start and how long they plan on going for? Not like I have a boatload of time today so this makes me a sad mithra.

I hear that. Wish it would go by IP instead. So tired of being confused by that.

It goes till 3AM pacific time I think. Not sure what that translates into in your local time zone.

Parakeetman

Think around 7pm for Japan.
*Beaten

Man and I was getting all ready to go out and dig up more shit so I can go back to making a billion ingots. D:

Time to go out and look for the re-release of that VITA Ragnarok hunting action game then~

index.php
Dat scaled kat.

Tash

So, was at Gamescom and couldn't really play during the headstart and also could not make a char on any of the Gaf servers :(

So I am running around with my 21 Conj/ 7 Arcanist all on my own on Phoenix :/
Also, wtf Scholars are OP compared to Conj/WHM. Nerf incoming maybe?

Parakeetman

Ingots, Ingots everywhere!
Picture of my vault. All sorted by my lovely retainer~

Its pretty good and easy exp. Just tedious. Plus doesnt flood your inventory space.

Though might go from ingots to making lumber next. Need to rid myself of these 10+ stacks of wood everywhere. Gotta get the yew lumber unlocked.

So, was at Gamescom and couldn't really play during the headstart and also could not make a char on any of the Gaf servers :(

So I am running around with my 21 Conj/ 7 Arcanist all on my own on Phoenix :/
Also, wtf Scholars are OP compared to Conj/WHM. Nerf incoming maybe?

Why do you say they are OP? Also what is it with gamers these days calling everything OP suddenly.

You would have thought the dungeons would be the biggest idiot checks so far. But apparently not enough. Esp the story quest initially that takes you through 3 different ones in a row. Do appreciate the fact that they at least tried to make some sort of idiot test with parts of the game design though.

i do, but they needed more of that. playing with newbies at level 30+ is eye-opening. i want the beta randoms back.

Wait until the Titan fight,I wiped like 8 times with 2 different pugs, people always kept falling off or doing crappy dps that boss would enrage.

i'm not looking forward to that. it's not too far away.

Parakeetman

i do, but they needed more of that. playing with newbies at level 30+ is eye-opening. i want the beta randoms back.

i'm not looking forward to that. it's not too far away.

Agreed. A lot of times Im wondering how the hell did some of you people make it this far. Worst yet was some pug who was running around in cloth armor, literally attacking anything on sight in the dungeon. To make shit worse he apparently couldnt understand english or japanese / didnt respond to any sort of communication to knock it the fuck off lest our party get wiped due to his stupidity. Not to mention the mad amounts of MP the healer had to waste on him.

Was in the mines and all he kept doing on the giant slime was attacking it constantly not paying attention to the fact had to lure the bombs next to it to keep breaking it up into smaller and smaller pieces.

Just remembering that dumbshit gives me a headache.

Mognet

is it just me or did anyone else feel a huge difficulty spike from haukke manor and all previous dungeons to brayflox's longstop?

Anyone a summoner? Is it a worthwhile job to work towards or should I go down the Black Mage Path? Was tempted to be a Scholar but I don't think I really want to be a healer given my penchant for running around solo more often than not.

How does one get into the gaf Ultros guild for the game?

Agreed. A lot of times Im wondering how the hell did some of you people make it this far. Worst yet was some pug who was running around in cloth armor, literally attacking anything on sight in the dungeon. To make shit worse he apparently couldnt understand english or japanese / didnt respond to any sort of communication to knock it the fuck off lest our party get wiped due to his stupidity. Not to mention the mad amounts of MP the healer had to waste on him.

Was in the mines and all he kept doing on the giant slime was attacking it constantly not paying attention to the fact had to lure the bombs next to it to keep breaking it up into smaller and smaller pieces.

maybe he was a money farmer. i remember that behavior from older games. they don't behave like normal human beings.

that reminds me. i got my first real money trade ad today. thank you xfdhs for that /tell.

I was enjoying healing dungeons until I ran 2 runs back to back with tanks who only single targeted and completely ignored adds. First dungeon was fine I could heal through getting my face punched, but the 2nd the adds just started wrecking me. Also I hate overzealous dps... really need to learn to just let them die so they learn to let the tank pull. Maybe this is just karma for me playing only dps for so many years in other mmos.

kiryogi

Banned
Do you know if it has cross tradeskill items? Like how the other tradeskills work off of each other for components? Or is it all self contained?

Nah, it's mainly for stat boosts. . . I don't recall Cul being needed for anything important itemwise for crafting something. But the real plus to a Cul is some of the skills it has, is actually really key for HQing items.

There is really a lack of quests for some levels. Lvl 39 atm but last 2 levels I had to rely on fate farming. Questing only really got me half way through to next level.

Zafir

Not had to much bad luck so far with pugs. That said I've only done the first three and ifrit and ifrit I did with two friends.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
HOOOOOLD UP... and feel free to laugh at my ignorance.

So this means that you can switch classes at will without needing a separate character or losing progress on what you were using before? You can switch around, always picking up in the progress of that class where you left off before? And it isn't like other games were it divides levels between some overall player level so if you're level 30 in one thing you'd only be able to be level 10 in another thing, but you could technically eventually be level 40 in everything on the same character, just switching between them by switching your equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom