• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naar

So I tried to register for a SE account on the PS3 and I got to the page where I have to put an 8 digit code but then I got a server maintenance error or something similar and now when I try to create an account it says the email is already in use and when I try to login it says that the email is not in the system....

So is it just server overload and I should check again in a few hours or what?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I fancy being able to make my own HQ equipment. I'll be putting time into crafting for sure.

Trust me its really worth it. Esp if you outfit your crafters with HQ gear. Esp making the CP up items in HQ. As CP is your life blood for getting items quality % to 100 for dat HQ sweetness. Also cooking is important for those boosts when crafting. The foods that increase CP are HUGE imho for when you are doing serious grinding on crafting.

Xux

Trust me its really worth it. Esp if you outfit your crafters with HQ gear. Esp making the CP up items in HQ. As CP is your life blood for getting items quality % to 100 for dat HQ sweetness. Also cooking is important for those boosts when crafting. The foods that increase CP are HUGE imho for when you are doing serious grinding on crafting.
What's your defense?

kiryogi

Banned
Trust me its really worth it. Esp if you outfit your crafters with HQ gear. Esp making the CP up items in HQ. As CP is your life blood for getting items quality % to 100 for dat HQ sweetness.

Again sort of a waste of time early on gearing in the lower levels for any spec like that. That said, it's not even possible to get 100% the entire time with end game recipes even with the most amazing gear and melds. Fact is that you'll be working with items you won't be able to get in HQ form at all. It's a real PITA.

So I should level miner first before bothering with goldsmith?

I'd say so with ARR. It was good back in the day when you were giving all the ingredients to make things, but even then, my miner would funnel ores to my Blacksmith and Goldsmith for leveling purposes.

Ugh, working out what job I want to work towards is hard. Especially with all the sub jobs. Kind of want to be a Black Mage to see if I get the famous hat but Summoner seems neat as well.

How big is the world compared to other MMOs by the way? And is hand crafted as compared to the repeating tiles of the first version?

Parakeetman

What's your defense?

Shit I need to log in to tell you that. D: Will post here once the servers get back up.

One thing I remember is the body / leg pieces the HQ piece adds like +20 DEF alone to the base.

I think the base is like 80 something for each and with the HQ versions its 100.

The belt is +6 to the base stat I think?

Forgot what the gloves are.

Anyways will do a new post / reply to yours again when we all can log back in again.

Again sort of a waste of time early on gearing in the lower levels for any spec like that. That said, it's not even possible to get 100% the entire time with end game recipes even with the most amazing gear and melds. Fact is that you'll be working with items you won't be able to get in HQ form at all. It's a real PITA.

I'd say so with ARR. It was good back in the day when you were giving all the ingredients to make things, but even then, my miner would funnel ores to my Blacksmith and Goldsmith for leveling purposes.

Cant help it, its one of my quirks when it comes to crafting lol.

But yeah I would have guessed the end level stuff would be like that as to prevent folks from just decking out in the best easily.

kiryogi

Banned
Shit I need to log in to tell you that. D: Will post here once the servers get back up.

One thing I remember is the body / leg pieces the HQ piece adds like +20 DEF alone to the base.

I think the base is like 80 something for each and with the HQ versions its 100.

Anyways will do a new post / reply to yours again when we all can log back in again.

NQ would work fine as you'll be out leveling your gear at a really fast pace, and in general getting to 50 on DoW is a fast endeavor. Ideally, it's better to work with throwaway NQ stuff or randomness you find up until you're 50. That's when it's serious to have HQ and beyond.

Xux

Could just search your character on the Lodestone:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/community/

Parakeetman

NQ would work fine as you'll be out leveling your gear at a really fast pace, and in general getting to 50 is a fast endeavor. Ideally, it's better to work with throwaway NQ stuff or randomness you find up until you're 50. That's when it's serious to have HQ and beyond.

The problem is that its only me and my friend who party together in regards to a reliable partner for dungeons and stuff. So we get stuck with randoms, due to that Id prefer to add to my survival rate with HQ items when I can.

Not to mention am stuck soloing a good bit of the time too.

Am sure its a lot easier to go around in NQ gear if one is always with a group of people that you can trust to have your back.

Could just search your character on the Lodestone:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/community/

Oh yeah forgot about that. D:

Lets see its 289 for physical.

WEFUFuG.png

Styles

You mean cross class stuff? Since ACN is the base job the SMN gets access to a lot of that kit as well. The ACN/SMN/SCH family by the very nature of one class/two jobs has more than just about anything else.

I am talking strictly from ACN/THA--> SMN. Will all of the skills I learned from ACN until level 30 carry over to Summoner or will it just be the crossover ones? I've been looking through the wiki pages for those classes and was just curious.

They probably noticed people got mad when the servers came up after just 1 hour when they said 3 and then when people who actually waited 3 hours to try and login got mad that the servers were all already full.

rockx4

I've never tried leaving the launcher open, but does the greyed out Play button turn green by itself or will I need to restart the launcher.

Xux

The problem is that its only me and my friend who party together in regards to a reliable partner for dungeons and stuff. So we get stuck with randoms, due to that Id prefer to add to my survival rate with HQ items when I can.

Not to mention am stuck soloing a good bit of the time too.

Am sure its a lot easier to go around in NQ gear if one is always with a group of people that you can trust to have your back.

Oh yeah forgot about that. D:

Lets see its 289 for physical.

WEFUFuG.png
Oh okay. I have 240 with just the only HQ being the belt. Parsing stuff I've seen says it's .044% damage mitigation per defense so you take 2.156% less damage than me. :[

Parakeetman

If SE caught on to the AFK'ers, they would've patched it in by now. A week or two later, it won't even matter.

Truthfully what it is most likely is that they have priorities for the teams to work on and the AFK bit while am sure its on the list, its a lot lower down so will get patched in a later version while they try to get as much of the mission critical stuff done and out now.

Oh okay. I have 240 with just the only HQ being the belt. Parsing stuff I've seen says it's .044% damage mitigation per defense so you take 2.156% less damage than me. :[

Good lord, that site is some rocket science shit to me. D: Always looked in awe at folks who take mmos stats and what not to that sort of level. But when you wanna be efficient at what you do its no surprise folks figure that kind of stuff out. Go pro or go home right? haha

From that set I think the 2 most important pieces to get in HQ is the chest + legs just due to they both have the highest def bonus to them for the HQ stats.

Eusis

Truthfully what it is most likely is that they have priorities for the teams to work on and the AFK bit while am sure its on the list, its a lot lower down so will get patched in a later version while they try to get as much of the mission critical stuff done and out now.
Which is likely reinforced by just how fast they were rushing the game's development. Didn't the original XIV take about 5 years to get out, versus this being in development for... what, two and a half years and consuming much of SE's internal staff in the process?

Parakeetman

I need more pets!

zyKRcdj.png

At your level am surprised you didnt get that minature mosquito larve pet one from a quest out in the hippie land. Think one of the tavern chicks gives it as a reward.

Which is likely reinforced by just how fast they were rushing the game's development. Didn't the original XIV take about 5 years to get out, versus this being in development for... what, two and a half years and consuming much of SE's internal staff in the process?

Worst part about it was the original game didnt even feel finished. More like an alpha for what we have now. Dear god those are some memories I dont want to remember.

In the Japan launch event video where Yoshi teared up and got emotional, it did seem like they "rushed it" in a sense that him and his team wanted to salvage the mess that was XIV 1.0 and gain back fan favor as soon as possible.

Parakeetman

In the Japan launch event video where Yoshi teared up and got emotional, it did seem like they "rushed it" in a sense that him and his team wanted to salvage the mess that was XIV 1.0 and gain back fan favor as soon as possible.

Im impressed by how cheap they made the game too. Considering how much they had charged for the previous piece of shit originally.

Glad to see that someone actually cared about their project enough to fix it and did a good job of it too. Very impressed its like night and day with the then and now versions. Just goes to show what can be accomplished if everyone actually gives a shit about what they are working on. Not to mention its good to see they actually did research on good elements from various MMOs and incorporated it into their own. Granted its not perfect, but by far this is one of the BEST mmos Japan has produced. Most of the other stuff is quite terrible. Not to mention the best thing is the game isnt all "EQ NAZI" in design. I swear 11 was such a pain in the ass to play.

I meant if they were supposed to be, but I guess by your comment that yes, they are supposed to be, but who knows what will actually happen.

To be more exact seems like US / JPN "should" be up in 11 mins. Though EU seems to be an hour + out still.

Jinko

You really only should be bothering with HQ gear @ endgame. Waste of time and resources early on otherwise.

Not really, its so easy to craft low level HQ now that it should be cheap as chips and HQ armour offers a decent boost now.

I've heard HQ has a better chance of giving better materia also.

What with dungeon content being capped now, stuff like materia and the extra stats from HQ could make a decent difference IMO, not that low level dungeons are that challenging anyway mind you. (HQ PVP gear and materia will be essential if you want to do well.)

profit

Wanted to install this yesterday, so I downloaded the client I found in a post from this thread, but I couldn't progress when I needed to click "next" on the license agreement. Got a message about an error in a script or something. Can't check the details right now cause I am not on my pc at home.

Anyone had this as well?

Parakeetman

Honestly, its not much difference. Its not you'd be taking twice as much damage with normal gear, its likely less than a 5% difference between the two.

Yeah but with how many times Ive almost died from certain attacks. That 5% difference can be pretty big.

*Edit

those few extra seconds of being alive can make the diff between a successful run or a wipe lol

I really hope they give Yoshi the directorial chair for the next mainline FF MMO (XVII or XVIII) and keep pretty much the same staff as now. I'm really proud of what they've done - they made ARR into what feels like a geniune "Final Fantasy" experience, something I didn't feel about XIII and XIII-2. Parts of ARR reminds me of IX and XII quite a bit (my favorites in the series) with the added MMO elements, which is why I really like this game.

Yondy604

Banned
The good and bad about the new AF.

The good: they look downright amazing, literally every piece on every job looks incredible.

The BAD: They are way to easy to get, and having each come from a dead easy quest is depressing as hell.

They better make AF+1 near impossible to get.

kiryogi

Banned

The good: they look downright amazing, literally every piece on every job looks incredible.

The BAD: They are way to easy to get, and having each come from a dead easy quest is depressing as hell.

Go check out Camp Rev Toll in Mordhona. . . You trade for the AF+1 there. Requires a type of tomestone/token that's not dropped yet~ Prob crystal or bahamut drops XD

Parakeetman

I really hope they give Yoshi the directorial chair for the next mainline FF MMO (XVII or XVIII) and keep pretty much the same staff as now. I'm really proud of what they've done - they made ARR into what feels like a geniune "Final Fantasy" experience, something I didn't feel about XIII and XIII-2. Parts of ARR reminds me of IX and XII quite a bit (my favorites in the series) with the added MMO elements, which is why I really like this game.

Indeed.

SQEX needs to kick out Nomura & friends or at least remove them from the FF series. Since dear god... Not looking forward to the travesty we all now know as XV either.

What's AF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom