• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tash

This is how mine is set up at the moment

Works very well for me.

Very similar to mine.
Where do you have the target and focus target bars?
I am still used to profitUI from EQ2 as a healer. Loved having everything nicely together and in view.

Lyonaz

I'm thinking about moving my FFXIV folder to my and SSD-hd and swap out BF3 to normal harddrive. I can just move the folder right? Don't need to do something special or redownload it or something?

Update notes. If anyone is curious. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/71744-NA-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-Hot-Fixes-(Aug.-27)?p=1097559&viewfull=1#post1097559

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Hot Fixes (Aug. 27)

We have made fixes listed below.

- We have adjusted the difficulty level on the following conjurer quests:
Trial by Wind / Trial by Water / Like Mother, Like Daughter

We have addressed the following issues:
- An issue wherein the chocobo companion action "Choco Medica" would not properly recover HP.
- The following quests were not able to be completed if a player’s inventory was full:
My Feisty Little Chocobo / Double Dragoon
- The cutscene for the "He Ain't Heavy" quest would be canceled when receiving damage.
- When challenging a boss during a FATE, the reward received when the FATE was unsuccessful was incorrect.
- There were cases where monsters in the Aurum Vale instanced raid would not use specific moves and the server would go down under certain circumstances.
- Searching for items on the markets that are available in large quantities would cause the game client to shut down.
- When stepping into an unknown land, players were able to obtain experience points repeatedly.
* We will be correcting the data for players that were affected by this issue.
If you received experience points in regards to this issue, please contact us via the Support Desk, or wait for more details from the Operations team.

We have implemented a solution to the following issue:
- Monsters would occasionally not appear during quest battles, which would prevent progression in the quest.

Moaradin

Very similar to mine.
Where do you have the target and focus target bars?
I am still used to profitUI from EQ2 as a healer. Loved having everything nicely together and in view.

I have the target bar a little above my health bar and to the left a little bit. The focus bar is right next to the target bar.

I like having things below a bit. Don't like it when health bars are way up top of the screen.

me Jojo

Has there been any official word on free server transfers, yet? I just realised the server I'm on is listed in the JP group, despite EVERYONE there being not-Japanese. :(

Robin64

Can't see the site at work. I know Sony has uploaded trophy list on PSN servers. But last time I played the game, trophies were still not there in the game (no FFXIV list in your local trophy list). I suppose it will appear via a patch, I wanted to know if the patch was up :)

Seems trophies are working for PS3. Here are some quotes from the PS3 Trophies forum.

Have you registered the game?

The trophies/trophy list will only show on the XMB once the PSN code is entered to register the game.

I think the game has to be registered. Then accept another user agreement. Then go kill something and the "to crush an enemy" trophy will pop. Go smith something for that specific trophy to pop 2! They don't all pop at once! you have to go do a trophy related activity for them to activate!

The trophies ARE retroactive, indeed. But you have to "force" them to activate.
I killed a rat outside Gridania and got the trophy for killing one enemy and the one for killing 10,000 enemies.
Then I did a levequest, and got the trophies for doing 1 leve and the one for doing 1000 leves.

So there we go. It's in and working, just need to properly register the game and not just sit on Early Access.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
What class would you say plays best with a controller?

Tried tanking with a controller and it was abit of a nightmare unless I spammed overpower.

Nekofrog

Banned
Is this game more CPU or GPU dependent? I currently have an i5 3570K OCed to 4.3GHz (I could go higher) and a GTX 560 (the one with the extra CUDA cores). I play at 1080p with max settings and generally get 45-65 FPS depending on the area. Would an upgrade to a GTX770 push me to a constant 60fps?

What class would you say plays best with a controller?

Tried tanking with a controller and it was abit of a nightmare unless I spammed overpower.

Tried it with a Lancer and it's by far the most straight-forward class to play using a gamepad. Positioning for rear attacks with the analog stick is pretty easy, but I still prefer playing the game with KB/M. I just tried out the 360 controller to see what it was like.

FDC1

Seems trophies are working for PS3. Here are some quotes from the PS3 Trophies forum.

So there we go. It's in and working, just need to properly register the game and not just sit on Early Access.

Thanks, will look at that tonight... if servers are up :p

I must be getting lucky with my logins. I initially tried to login around 1700CST and got the 1017. Tried a few more times and by 1705CST I was in. I only played for about an hour and I really can't get over how good this game is IMO. It looks good and my connection must be good enough because everything flows smoothly. This is my first MMO and it's got its hooks in me :). I got my Archer up to level 18 and Conjurer up to level 10. So I linked Protect on my Archer along with Cure, so I'm gonna put Conjurer on the back burner for a little.

I'm playing on Siren right now and didn't get a chance to read about the GAF world Ultros before committing, oh well. I wish I could find a Conjurer down to get some quests done quickly but I've been fairing pretty well solo. I didn't know people weren't logging out when done with their session. I always go to the inn in Gridania and get a room to rest/log out. Hopefully SE gets it together for everybody soon.
If you have friends or relatives who are potentially interested in playing make sure to let them know what sever you're on. I play with my brother and best friend. So much fun.

Vodh

Whenever I try casting spells that have a cast time and are generally interrupted by movement while running I get booted from the server. Does anyone experience similar issues?

How much is it to upgrade to CE and what benifits do I get VS the standard Version

It's $19.99 to upgrade via Mogstation and you get:

Helm of Light
The design of this headgear is based on the helmet worn by the Warrior of Light from FINAL FANTASY I and can be equipped by all classes at level one.

Coeurl Mount
Adventurers will be able to ride a variety of mounts for transportation in A Realm Reborn - including chocobos, Magitek armor and more! With this bonus, you'll be able to hop aboard a coeurl and chase down your foes!

Behemoth Barding
In A Realm Reborn, adventurers will be able to do battle against the ferocious enemies of Eorzea alongside their personal chocobo, as well as equip their trusted companions with unique armor! The Collector's Edition includes special Behemoth-themed armor that you can outfit your chocobo with!

Baby Behemoth Minion
Adventurers can often be found with their own personal minion by their side as they tame the wilds of Eorzea. The Collector's Edition comes with a baby behemoth minion.

Too bad they couldn't give us the OST to download.

desu

The UI customization is quite good. Any screens available from you guys to get some inspiration?
Specially healer types?

What about macros? You guys using them?
Thinking of macroing healer stance into my damage and healing spells so I automatically switch back and forth whenever I use either type.

This is my setup, got gear sets on my bars and most stuff scaled down to 80%.

Tash

This is my setup, got gear sets on my bars and most stuff scaled down to 80%.

I like. Looks very clean - where do you have your party window?
The only thing for me is that I like to have the targets close to the rest of my ui. I don't like having to look up (lazy I guess :p)

I wish there was a way to split the party window - I would love to have it vertically instead of horizontal.

FDC1

I received my collector PS3 version this morning. It's a nice box, I didn't expect it to be that big. What does "The Waning of the Sixth Sun " DVD exactly contains? Can I watch it right now or is it spoilerish?

danthefan

So how good is this game? I played WoW back in the day, up to the first expansion and then quit, and haven't touched an MMO since, does this do much differently?

gribbles

Banned
So how good is this game? I played WoW back in the day, up to the first expansion and then quit, and haven't touched an MMO since, does this do much differently?

Honestly, apart from:

- Nice graphics
- Dynamic events (FATEs)
- Class system
- Longer GCD
- Good story (this point is debatable)

it's a straight-up WoW clone. As much as I enjoy the game, it honestly does nothing innovative for the genre as a whole.

Moaradin

Just did Titan. Wow, what a great fight. The music was epic as shit. Some of these mechanics give me hope for the endgame. You usually never see advanced mechanics like this during the leveling phase of MMOs.

How did you move the chat box? I cant seem to move in the HUD layout editor.

I just drag the bar under the chat box.

Honestly, apart from:

- Nice graphics
- Dynamic events (FATEs)
- Class system
- Longer GCD
- Good story (this point is debatable)

it's a straight-up WoW clone. As much as I enjoy the game, it honestly does nothing innovative for the genre as a whole.

So aside from all the thinks that make it different from wow it's just like wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom