• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manac0r

Ok I just opened up my EU FFXIV CE, and I believe there are a few items missing. There was no security fob, and apparently EU version gets a map and some kind of tin, is this SE responsiiblity or the retaillers? The item was unopened and stil in plastic wrapping...

Is the Duty finder borken? I tried to complete the "It's Probably Pirates" Quest and it requires me to form a party at the Duty Finder and I sat there for 45 minutes and it never progressed beyond just me? Am I supposed to go around and form a party before I go there?

I am on Ultros, can anyone from GAF help me? I would like to join the Gaf Free Company as well, I registered myself on the GAF members doc on the first page. I really need to hire a reatiner and this "It's Probably Pirates" quest is holding me back :(

Took me about an hour for mine to pop as an archer last night. Sat at 1/4 the entire time until suddenly I got my invite. Worked on leveling up my conjurer while I waited.

Reknoc

Is the Duty finder borken? I tried to complete the "It's Probably Pirates" Quest and it requires me to form a party at the Duty Finder and I sat there for 45 minutes and it never progressed beyond just me? Am I supposed to go around and form a party before I go there?

I am on Ultros, can anyone from GAF help me? I would like to join the Gaf Free Company as well, I registered myself on the GAF members doc on the first page. I really need to hire a reatiner and this "It's Probably Pirates" quest is holding me back :(

What class are you playing as?

Asd202

Right now most MMOs are trying to go for something different like action combat, or some type of gimmick. That's great, I really enjoyed games like Tera and GW2 because they brought a nice change of pace.

However, FFXIV is a conventional MMO. It follows the same old forumula, however it does the traditional MMO better than anyone ever has in my opinion and I've played a ton of MMOs.

To sum it up; it's nothing new but it does what it does the best.

Seriously though it's far too soon to say this. To give an honest opinion about MMO you have to play it for 2-3 months to see how good and how long the content lasts, the quality and quantity of the updates/patches and overall gameflow not to mention bugs etc.

What is the deal with skill chains? I'll go through what seems like the same rotations, and maybe half of the time I get "3 Chains" when I kill something. I can't find any info about what an Archer's skill rotation is to get those chains. I found a good youtube vid about Archer rotations for mobs/single enemies/AOE, but no mention of chains.

daveo42

Banned
I spent about 2.5 hours last night trying to log onto Ultros before calling it quits. Figured logging in in the morning would be the only way to guarantee I'd get to play. I was pretty surprised to see a queue at 7 am.

I've had some luck getting in so far, avoiding most of the login issues. I hope that continues, though I won't be logging in until way late tonight and tomorrow night. Friday is the next big test.

Depending on your class, it'll probably queue you. Your best best is as a healer.

I waited 55 minutes or so before it popped up for me with a full party, but then I was an archer, and I suspect those are in ample supply. Just let it work and eventually it'll pop in. It'll probably always prioritise matching people who got there before you, so treat it as if you're waiting your turn. You can go and do anything whilst you wait, and the instance will teleport you to the dungeon itself.

I did this mission only last night, and it was fun as heck.

What is the deal with skill chains? I'll go through what seems like the same rotations, and maybe half of the time I get "3 Chains" when I kill something. I can't find any info about what an Archer's skill rotation is to get those chains. I found a good youtube vid about Archer rotations for mobs/single enemies/AOE, but no mention of chains.

I think those are the exp chains for killing mobs of equal level or above. You get a timer under your exp bar after killing one, if you kill another before the timer runs out, you get a chain.

desverger

You are probably confusing kill chains with skill chains. If you kill mobs in a quick succession you get a "CHAIN #X" popup on your screen and an growing exp bonus.

Archers do not have skill chains.

syoaran

Tried to remote in again - and can't even get the server list to load up.

A few days of this is bad, but I hope by weeks end this is resolved. It's getting kinda ridiculous...

This is normally only a problem if you're a DPS class. My wait times have been so long for Duty Finder that I have just started doing the dungeons and trials with all DPS or 3 DPS, 1 Tank. It works well since I have a small heal, and most other people my level do as well.

So just give forming a random party around the dungeon area a try, you might be surprised how fast you can get it done.

T.O.P

Banned
Will stop leveling the Black Mage for a couple of days and stick to Marauder to see how it feels

btw need an invite for my alt to the FC on Ultros please "Walter Jr"

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
so cute :3

QcwXZcX.jpg

orion434

Depending on your class, it'll probably queue you. Your best best is as a healer.

I waited 55 minutes or so before it popped up for me with a full party, but then I was an archer, and I suspect those are in ample supply. Just let it work and eventually it'll pop in. It'll probably always prioritise matching people who got there before you, so treat it as if you're waiting your turn. You can go and do anything whilst you wait, and the instance will teleport you to the dungeon itself.

I did this mission only last night, and it was fun as heck.

Thanx! My Class is Archer as well, I'm lv 17 and I played most of yesterday as a Botanist and got that to lv 16, Once I have that complete I want to construct items as a Carpenter... hence why I need the retainer, I want to create High-quality items :)

That was another question I wanted to ask... if I could do something while I'm in the que? Do I have to stay in the same area or could I take the airship back to Grindia? I'm starting to get a little low on gil :(

What's the best way to make gil besides selling created items since I don't have a retainer.

Dunan

MOB comes from Moving OBject :>

Richard Bartle claims that it comes from the baby-crib mobile:

Wikipedia said:
Bartle, Richard (2003). Designing Virtual Worlds. New Riders. p. 102. ISBN 0-13-101816-7. "What's more of an issue is the presence in the virtual world of virtual creatures. These are commonly known as mobiles (mobs for short), and they represent the monsters and non-player characters who inhabit the virtual world. [...] From MUD1, "mobile objects." I called them that because creatures moving in a controlled but unpredictable way are like the kind of "mobiles" that hang from ceilings. Well, I was in kind of a hurry..."

Whichever the origin is, it's a terrible piece of vocabulary that misleads newcomers to the genre.

ZeroEdge

Haven't been able to play my main guy on Ultros for 2 days now, so today I am trying to leave him logged in before I go to work so maybe just maybe it won't kick him and I can actually play when I get home. I hate to do that but I am tired of spamming log in for hours with out ever getting to play.

Naar

So I tried to register for a SE account on the PS3 and I got to the page where I have to put an 8 digit code but then I got a server maintenance error or something similar and now when I try to create an account it says the email is already in use and when I try to login it says that the email is not in the system....

So is it just server overload and I should check again in a few hours or what?

Anyone can help answer this?

That was another question I wanted to ask... if I could do something while I'm in the que? Do I have to stay in the same area or could I take the airship back to Grindia? I'm starting to get a little low on gil :(
You can do anything and go anywhere, but you have to manually change back to the class you registered the duty with to get in.

I usually register as a THM, change to Weaver and start crafting until the queue decides to be nice to me.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201308/28039084.html

187,000 people connected simultaneously on launch day.

The number of people who tried to connect has to be a lot higher because of the severe restrictions they have placed on server logins.

Squenix has a winner here, probably the first really good FF title since the PS2 era. Now they just need to get the infrastructure in place to support all the people who want to play it.

daveo42

Banned
@spandexmonkey, desverger: thanks, I'm still figuring the game out.

FATEs are actually pretty entertaining, how everyone in an area converges on a spot and just goes ham.

Things end up getting a bit twitchy at higher levels where people rush across huge zones trying to make it to a FATE with enough time to get credit. The XP is good and it keeps you busy, but if you slow down then you'll end up missing out on some good XP.

Not sure if you're trying to be funny/cute here, but they throttled back direct sales of Guild Wars 2 for 10 days because they wanted to make sure the experience of their early-adopters wasn't negatively impacted by the rush of players (this was two days after launch). It was still available at Amazon as well as any retail outlets. It wasn't about wanting less money, it was about making sure their players were able to actually play the game they purchased.

This is only half-correct -- Amazon and other Digital outlets pretty much stopped selling GW2 immediately after that announcement, and you couldn't buy it digitally on Amazon for -weeks- afterward.

I know because I had to go into a Walmart of all places to get my copy (as my local GameStop and Best Buy were sold out and weren't expecting copies for a week). Sucks because I overpaid by 10 bucks for it, and then I ended up hating the game -_-;

(GW2 was a bit..more on the ball with it though. But you can't exactly halt sales of your game BEFORE it officially starts. That just looks bad.)

orion434

You can do anything and go anywhere, but you have to manually change back to the class you registered the duty with to get in.

I usually register as a THM, change to Weaver and start crafting until the queue decides to be nice to me.

Thanx! Looks like I'd be Fate farming in that area while I wait, I find it strange that they limit you to 3 Leve's per 12 hours? I enjoy doing those quests :)

PC CE edition of ARR finally arrived, and I'm pretty fucking pissed. Everything was surprisingly intact and undamaged for being Digital River, but I hadn't realized that I couldn't attached the PC CE to my existing 1.0 Legacy account. I have no intention of playing the PS3 version but wanted the physical extras, so I purchased the PC CE, operating under the assumption that I could use it to upgrade my existing account, just like how EVERY OTHER GAME IN EXISTENCE OPERATES, INCLUDING FF11. In retrospect, I should've known better than to expect something more than completely arbitrary horseshit from Square-Enix.

I sent a support ticket, I seriously hope they fix this problem quickly.

Animekatt

Aww, I was busy minding my own business, doing quests when I was suddenly kicked off the game with the dreaded 90k error. Now when I try to get back in, my character isn't showing up, but I can still select my name. I try to log in and I'm hit with the 1016 error (World data couldn't be obtained). Sucks.

Salaadin

Posted?

e would like to thank you for your continued support of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Since the start of early access on Saturday, August 24th, an enormous amount of users have been logging in to the game. As such, the number of users logging in has been increasing at a rate that is much higher than what we had originally anticipated. To ensure that we maintain a quality level of service for everyone, we have been setting restrictions on both the creation of characters as well as adjusting the number of users that are able to log in. We are well aware that these restrictions are a source of frustration for our users who are waiting to play.

To address this matter, we are currently working on introducing new Worlds and enhancing the performance of the login and match making processes on both the Japanese and North American & European data centers. This operation is expected to be completed at the beginning of next week.

Until this operation is complete, we would like to prioritize the quality of service for those who have already purchased the game. Therefore, we are temporarily suspending the sale of the digital download versions of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Once the operation has been completed, the sale of the digital download version will resume.

While the operation is in progress, we will continue to apply restrictions on both the creation of characters and the ability to log into the game. Throughout this time, we will be offering constant updates on the progress of the operation.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes our users and humbly request your understanding.

Mognet

aw man, i was questing on my arcanist and i suddenly saw a bunch of people log off and then i get kicked out. try to login 1 minute later and it says the world is currently full :(

Pejo

PC CE edition of ARR finally arrived, and I'm pretty fucking pissed. Everything was surprisingly intact and undamaged for being Digital River, but I hadn't realized that I couldn't attached the PC CE to my existing 1.0 Legacy account. I have no intention of playing the PS3 version but wanted the physical extras, so I purchased the PC CE, operating under the assumption that I could use it to upgrade my existing account, just like how EVERY OTHER GAME IN EXISTENCE OPERATES, INCLUDING FF11. In retrospect, I should've known better than to expect something more than completely arbitrary horseshit from Square-Enix.

I sent a support ticket, I seriously hope they fix this problem quickly.

I did the same damn thing. So bitter about this. PM me with what they reply, if you don't mind (this thread moves too fast).

Xyber

Just a heads up. If the game tells you to use duty finder to do a dungeon you don't really have to. Just form a party with dudes standing outside the dungeon and then when you click on the glowing thingy at the entrance (if you're the party leader) it will pop up the duty finder and you can start it up immediately.

Because fuck waiting for an hour when you can find dudes in 5 minutes.

How did you enter you code to get all of your items?

For ps3 I just entered the registraion code in the PS Store then when you login you get the user agreement rundown again and then it will show up in your moogle mail.

I think I realize now that we don't a NPC to talk to for trophies cause you can still get them even if it's not your first i.e. the trophy for completing you first quest you'll get when you complete your next quest after the trophy install.

orion434

I don't know if this is a problem yet, but I had originally pre-ordered the Final Fantasy XIV: ARR CE and it didn't come with pre-order code... so a few days before the Early Access I went back to Gamestop and they gave me the EA code, I entered it, and played this past weekend. When I went to pick-up the FFXIV:ARR CE yesterday the clerk told me it was the regulat edition, but they had 1 CE for sale. What really happened is that the Gamestop guy cancelled my old pre-order and then gave me the regular edition pre-order so I could get the EA code.

So on my Square-Enix account I have both the Regular edition & CE Edition registered, I received all 6 items ( 2 EA + 4 CE ) and I can play with no problem, is there anything I should be wary of? Also how do you purchase a subscription? Can I do this through the PSN Store? I have not been prompted to buy a subscription yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom