• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad it doesn't because it gives you a reason to explore. Especially the hunting logs. Usually the only frustration comes from the area they are in because one area on a map could actually mean a large swath with tons of nooks and crannies you may end up missing.

what exploring? my face is just in my map the whole time. its really no different.

just something simple like, highlight a quest on the quest log, and you see a little beacon pop up around the area for that quest in the world.

nothing obtrusive or game breaking... just something to keep my face out of the map and instead marvel at the purtyness

what exploring? my face is just in my map the whole time. its really no different.

just something simple like, highlight a quest on the quest log, and you see a little beacon pop up around the area for that quest in the world.

nothing obtrusive or game breaking... just something to keep my face out of the map and instead marvel at the purtyness

Uhh... that's what happens.

daveo42

Banned

Different playstyles I suppose. I do have the map up, but only really look at it if I'm looking for a quest mob or seeing where FATEs are. Even then, close points of interests also pop in the mini map giving you a decent direction of where to go.

When I'm new to an area I tend to just explore it to unlock every location on the map.

Kenai

You need to do the class quest first and then go back to the guild.

Thanks. I'll just tough it up and deal with it somehow.

Edit: New gear helped a tong even though I screwed up killing the named caster so every add was out early. i think I got it.

Leveling up to 30 is going to take a while. I've been doing every sidequest along the way and progressing the story at a nice pace, while joining a FATE here and there. Almost got my Lancer to level 15! Is there anything else I can do to level up faster?

Fvash

Neo Member
Before picking up in P4, I remember devs talking about floating zone names approaching the dotted zone-lines (ala FFXII) so you'd know where you were going. But I didn't see them when I played.

Are they there for other people?

more often than not in mmos i just look at the map with the little triangle thats me lol.

gods exactly what I'd like to avoid haha

BLCKATK

So, I got a question for the higher level GAF players. How are you guys feeling about stat allocation? For a class that has multiple roles like Arcanist, do you feel your effectiveness as a healer or DPS is hindered because you are evenly spread out instead of one or the other? My Free Company is currently discussing this, and as we get higher and higher on our classes it definitely could be an issue. People that thought they would be able to both are realizing that they may not be able to have that freedom. Has anyone noticed a difference that it would be enough to say that if you don't have all your points in INT for SMN, or all your points in MND for SCH, that you would be hampering your groups efficiency?

Reknoc

Here I am, sitting here with the CE on my lap. Code in hand, mogstation in my tabs... now what? Where does this code go? It's apparently not a bonus code, the URL on the card just sends me to the mog station

Okay, disregard this, I had an original FFXIV account which apparently S-E hate. So now what do I do with my phyical CE code?

I'm playing with my IRL friends, and they would have some problems in joining the GAF FC if it had free spaces (like not speaking english, or being a kid), so I'm most likely leaving the FC and making our own.

That said, do we have a LS for non-FC gaffers or something like that, so I wouldn't be too isolated?

Paprikka

We have less than 20 spots left in the GAF FC on Ultros. :(

There are approximately less than 2% of random members in the Free Company as open membership was closed on the first day of early access. Roughly 20-25% or less of members are friends, family, and loved ones of our current GAF members. All in all, the FC is mostly comprised of actual NeoGAF account holders (400-ish), and we are still running out of room. Invite requests are happening frequently, there are around 30 users left in both of the original Linkshells (Gather Against Fate and GAF) that have not been transferred to the Free Company yet, and there is an equally significant number of members that have registered and applied on our website that have been unable to get into the game or contact an officer for an invite.

We are planning to setup an overflow Linkshell (probably the original Gather Against Fate LS) and will move players over gradually as space becomes available. As stated before, there around 30 users remaining in this Linkshell waiting to be transferred, so as we add more overflow users, there will be a decent pool of players to congregate with until we can move you into the Free Company.

We originally planned to review membership numbers after the free month expires for most users (30+ days + 14 day grace period), but due to the length of time and the amount of players trying to get in, we may begin removing inactive users that have not logged in for at least 2 weeks in order to allow other more active users an opportunity to join and contribute to the Free Company. We will of course wait until the login and server issues are resolved before tallying any days of inactivity.

To people that do not intend to subscribe (users planning to abandon after the free month or when early access ends this Friday):

Please notify one of our officers so that we may remove you from the Free Company and make room for other users.

Just crazy, and this is all with the constant full world errors. Can't imagine how quickly it would've filled had the servers been up to snuff.

RPGCrazied

Where in the game does that laughing guy come from? I most know the origin of the gif. I'm sure you have seen it. He is laughing uncontrollably and then has a "what" look on his face.

Lucis

We have less than 20 spots left in the GAF FC on Ultros. :(

There are approximately less than 2% of random members in the Free Company as open membership was closed on the first day of early access. Roughly 20-25% or less of members are friends, family, and loved ones of our current GAF members. All in all, the FC is mostly comprised of actual NeoGAF account holders (400-ish), and we are still running out of room. Invite requests are happening frequently, there are around 30 users left in both of the original Linkshells (Gather Against Fate and GAF) that have not been transferred to the Free Company yet, and there is an equally significant number of members that have registered and applied on our website that have been unable to get into the game or contact an officer for an invite.

We are planning to setup an overflow Linkshell (probably the original Gather Against Fate LS) and will move players over gradually as space becomes available. As stated before, there around 30 users remaining in this Linkshell waiting to be transferred, so as we add more overflow users, there will be a decent pool of players to congregate with until we can move you into the Free Company.

We originally planned to review membership numbers after the free month expires for most users (30+ days + 14 day grace period), but due to the length of time and the amount of players trying to get in, we may begin removing inactive users that have not logged in for at least 2 weeks in order to allow other more active users an opportunity to join and contribute to the Free Company. We will of course wait until the login and server issues are resolved before tallying any days of inactivity.

To people that do not intend to subscribe (users planning to abandon after the free month or when early access ends this Friday):

Please notify one of our officers so that we may remove you from the Free Company and make room for other users.

I am going OOT for my wedding + TGS for about 4 weeks starting 9/1, will return end of SEP, DON"T KICK ME PLZ! lol

Wilsongt

Did a runthrough of Sastasha last night with a group from the Duty Finder. Even though I am ACN, I acted as the healer. Good thing I grabbed Cure from CNJ, in addition to my Psysick.

I couldn't actually enjoy the dungeon since I was more focused on healing than sight-seeing. Plus, I got no loot. ._. Maybe I'll do another run with a GAF group.

Jeels

Leveling up to 30 is going to take a while. I've been doing every sidequest along the way and progressing the story at a nice pace, while joining a FATE here and there. Almost got my Lancer to level 15! Is there anything else I can do to level up faster?

Fastest way to level up for me has been the hunting log.

Okay, disregard this, I had an original FFXIV account which apparently S-E hate. So now what do I do with my phyical CE code?

You mean the onion helm code? I entered it in under account services, FFXIV, enter bonus code. The Light helm is part of your main registration code so if you're signed up, that should already be there.

16-17-18 are the 3 story dungeons. With Sanctuary bonus you'll be getting 500 exp per kill and the dungeons take a while to clear. If you wanted to get a few levels you could get a group from GAF and run them. As a DD duty finder is taking a while to find groups right now.

Fastest way to level up for me has been the hunting log.

Do I get more after I complete my Hunting Log as a Lancer in Gridania? I think I have one monster left to hunt - it's the last one on the list (a tree or something).

16-17-18 are the 3 story dungeons. With Sanctuary bonus you'll be getting 500 exp per kill and the dungeons take a while to clear. If you wanted to get a few levels you could get a group from GAF and run them. As a DD duty finder is taking a while to find groups right now.

Thanks!

Shouta

So, I got a question for the higher level GAF players. How are you guys feeling about stat allocation? For a class that has multiple roles like Arcanist, do you feel your effectiveness as a healer or DPS is hindered because you are evenly spread out instead of one or the other? My Free Company is currently discussing this, and as we get higher and higher on our classes it definitely could be an issue. People that thought they would be able to both are realizing that they may not be able to have that freedom. Has anyone noticed a difference that it would be enough to say that if you don't have all your points in INT for SMN, or all your points in MND for SCH, that you would be hampering your groups efficiency?

Stat allocation is less important than having the correct gear setup for the jobs.

If you want to do SMN and SCH, then go 15/15 in INT/MND (or whatever the stats) and make sure your gear is built for each job rather than a hybrid setup.

Zomba13

FFXIV still keeps crashing my system. This time I got a 'Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown'

This is what it said in the additional infor or whatever:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA800A0204E0
BCP2: FFFFF880033BBE30
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\082813-35505-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-487471-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Gonna post this on the Tech support forums again. Seems like only one other guy is having the same issue on the forum =/

Really upsetting me. I had no issues in Phase 3 or 4 and this has just started since early access but was fine Sunday and Monday. No idea what is causing it, seems random and can happen at any time. During a load, while reading a quest log, looking at a map, going into an instance, riding something, even when the window isn't the focus.
No other problems with anything else on my computer. All other games work flawlessly, most recent being Divekick, Saints Row 4 and X-com declassified.

Ferrio

Banned
FFXIV still keeps crashing my system. This time I got a 'Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown'

This is what it said in the additional infor or whatever:

Gonna post this on the Tech support forums again. Seems like only one other guy is having the same issue on the forum =/

Really upsetting me. I had no issues in Phase 3 or 4 and this has just started since early access but was fine Sunday and Monday. No idea what is causing it, seems random and can happen at any time. During a load, while reading a quest log, looking at a map, going into an instance, riding something, even when the window isn't the focus.
No other problems with anything else on my computer. All other games work flawlessly, most recent being Divekick, Saints Row 4 and X-com declassified.

Have you updated your video card drivers since phase 4 (maybe unknowingly?)

If not, I'd say try to look for updated drivers for your card (even beta ones) and see if it fixes the issue.

Faithless

Guys I like this game a lot when I get to play it. Running around in First Person, then switching to Third Person for fights ... there's a lot of nooks and crannies to this game. I have nothing specific to say; just want to share a general warmth I feel for FFXIV.

Owari

Alright. I just hit level 20 on my tham, already got Archer to 15. Now for the grind to 30.

Any advice on how to accomplish this? I know dungeons are great xp, as well as FATEs and questing .. but maybe there's a faster way I don't know about.

I'm on Midgardsormr btw, if anyone wants to team!

Ok guys, I play a CNJ, MRD and GLD - here's my take on dungeons:

The game doesn't seem to have enough healers. It isn't helping that there are no spec trees for an ACN to queue as a healer either. CNJ healing is great, I mix it up by using Aqua as a stun for bombs etc.

GLD does little DMG but mitigates a bunch. Enmity isn't a problem at Lv25 even with all lv points in VIT. Best stun in the game (iirc 2s gcd!) - Parry seems to be just as good as Block on proc rate, picking up Keen Parry from LNC is worth it.

MRD is crazy good for group threat. Flash works pretty well even for MRD as an opener for group pulls. MRD DMG is really good but the timer on stun sucks.

frequency

I think that is a huge downside of the topaz that i did not know.

I think that i need to focus on improving my own character's DPS role rather than interfere with the job of another player. This means that by default the emerald carbuncle should be my choice since it has the higher damage output.

Thanks for taking the time to explain all of this. You have just helped wash away some of the ignorance of a noob.

I'm glad you found the information useful! :)

NeOak

So we are at level 20, and we don't have a quest do to. Can't join a GC because we need to advance the story quest further, but we are stuck.

Help?

I am going OOT for my wedding + TGS for about 4 weeks starting 9/1, will return end of SEP, DON"T KICK ME PLZ! lol

No worries. I will make a thread on the FC forum where people can post leave of absences, so they don't get kicked.

When this policy begins, if anyone gets kicked at some point in the future, please don't take it personally. We are only trying to be fair to everyone. Anyone that gets kicked is always welcome to re-join when they are ready to play again.

Just crazy, and this is all with the constant full world errors. Can't imagine how quickly it would've filled had the servers been up to snuff.

Yeah, it's insane. It filled up so fast and we capped that Free Company rank within hours. This game has exploded in popularity. My extremely optimistic estimate was hoping for at least 200-300 GAF members at launch but was realistically expecting around 200 based on the beta test. This is mind blowing.

I haven't seen this kind of response to a MMO in a long time, if ever, especially on GAF. This is petty comparable to the Guild Wars 2 launch as far as numbers go. I love how every area is absolutely loaded with people and you can't take 2 steps without running into someone in 'GAF'. Love it.

Vitanimus

Not sure if it's been posted but credits to reddit user mstieler for compiling the complete list of ingredients needed to make one of every item in Alchemy.

Alchemy-crafted Ingredients you'll need more than one of:
21 Distilled Water
58 Quicksilver
4 Growth Formula Alpha
3 Enchanted Copper Ink
3 Enchanted Iron Ink
5 Growth Formula Beta
2 Enchanted Silver Ink
8 Growth Formula Gamma
8 Growth Formula Delta
5 Enchanted Gold Ink
2 Enchanted Rose Gold Ink
4 Growth Formula Delta Concentrate

Big goddamn list of ingredients. Seriously. Stupid big. Wall-of-text big.
2 Acidic Secretions
2 Ahriman Wing
1 Aldgoat Horn
2 Aldgoat Leather
1 Animal Skin
1 Ash Branch
3 Ash Log
1 Ash Lumber
2 Bat Fang
2 Bat Wing
10 Beastkin Blood
1 Beehive Chip
2 Belladonna
2 Black Scorpion
2 Bloody Grimoire Binding
1 Blowfish
10 Blue Landtrap Leaf
2 Blue Pigment
2 Blue Yarzon Leg
1 Bone Chip
1 Brittle Picatrix
2 Brown Pigment
1 Chanterelle
58 Cinnabar
1 Cloves
4 Cobalt Ingot
4 Copper Sand
1 Coral Butterfly
3 Cotton Yarn
3 Darksteel Nugget
2 Dart Frog
2 Desert Saffron
1 Dew Thread
1 Effervescent Water
5 Electrum Ingot
1 Electrum Sand
1 Elm Log
1 Eye of Earth
1 Eye of Fire
1 Eye of Ice
1 Eye of Lightning
1 Eye of Water
1 Eye of Wind
3 Filtered Water
3 Flax
2 Formic Acid
2 Gil Bun
5 Gold Sand
1 Goobbue Fang
2 Grass Viper
2 Green Pigment
1 Grenade Ash
2 Grey Pigment
1 Hammerhead Shark
2 Hard Leather
2 Hempen Yarn
2 Hippogryph Leather
1 Imp Wing
2 Iron Sand
1 Jellyfish Cnida
7 Jellyfish Umbrella
1 Karakul Skin
1 Latex
2 Lavender
2 Leather
12 Lightning Cluster
277 Lightning Shard
8 Lime Sulphur
1 Linen Yarn
2 Mandrake
2 Maple Branch
2 Maple Log
1 Marjoram
2 Matron's Mistletoe
1 Megalocrab Leg
2 Minium
3 Mistletoe
1 Moor Leech
5 Morbol Vine
21 Muddy Water
9 Mugwort
1 Mythril Ingot
1 Mythril Sand
1 Nutmeg
3 Oak Branch
2 Oak Log
6 Ochu Vine
2 Pearl Ginger
1 Princess Trout
2 Pudding Flesh
1 Puk Wing
2 Purple Pigment
1 Raw Amber
1 Raw Amethyst
1 Raw Aquamarine
1 Raw Garnet
1 Raw Goshenite
1 Raw Heliodor
1 Raw Peridot
1 Raw Rubelite
1 Raw Spinel
1 Raw Tourmaline
1 Raw Turqoise
1 Raw Zircon
1 Red Landtrap Leaf
2 Red Pigment
104 Rock Salt
4 Rosewood Branch
1 Rosewood Log
1 Sagolii Sage
1 Sandworm Fang
6 Scalekin Blood
4 Shriekshroom
1 Silex
8 Silver Ingot
2 Silver Sand
1 Silver Shark
20 Spoken Blood
1 Spruce Lumber
1 Tarantula
4 Thavnairian Mistletoe
2 Tinolqa Mistletoe
4 Treant Sap
1 Trillium
14 Trillium Bulb
2 Twinthread
2 Vampire Plant
5 Viscous Secretions
3 Voidsent Blood
18 Volcanic Rock Salt
2 Walnut Log
19 Water Cluster
508 Water Shard
1 White Scorpion
1 Wolf Fang
1 Woolen Yarn
1 Yellow Ginseng
1 Yellow Pigment
1 Yellow Yarzon Leg
1 Yew Branch
4 Yew Log
1 Yew Lumbe
r

Sorry for the formatting, I'm not sure how to make it a bit less wall-o'-texty

Filth

I did the same but you need to make it a point to get to the fates asap. You can get 6k a pop " based on level " over and over + use an xp boost like food + do the quests and side quests. Doing this nonstop plus throwing in a dungeon here and there and you should be good. Doing so I'm at 30 lancer today. I screwed up and leveled pug to 7 thinking that's how you become a dragoon. It's 15 marauder :|

Shouta

I haven't had a huge problem with GLA damage yet, but I use Raging Strikes and Straight Shot in my tank rotation unless I need Skull Sunder. Then it's Fast Blade -> Savage Blade in my STR stuff.

akaoni

Banned
Anyone know a safe website to buy game-time codes online outside eBay? I can't use Paypal without funds, otherwise I would just do that.

omlet

So we are at level 20, and we don't have a quest do to. Can't join a GC because we need to advance the story quest further, but we are stuck.

Help?

You will need to find the story quest where ever you left off. Probably you turned in one step of the questline and forgot to pick up the next. Where that next is I cannot say, but between the map and the recommended quest menu you should be able to find it. Alternately, open your journal, look at your completed quests, and post what the last main story quest you finished was so someone (not me, I'm at work D: ) farther along can look in their journal and tell you where to go.

You need to get the quest "It's Probably Pirates" which starts off your level 15 dungeon gauntlet. After that it's mostly story questing in Drybone area up to Ifrit, at which point you can join a GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom