• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daellon

Neo Member
During the day time, the world seems to let people on ok. Although, I logged on at 9am, and just logged off about 20 minutes ago. Night time, I doubt I'll get on, haha, but oh well. A break for a night isn't bad.

Night time is the only chance I get to play. Usually only 2-3 hours at best. I was lucky last night in that I only had to spam login for about 30 minutes to get in.

A friend of mine logs on before he leaves for work and just stays logged in all day. I don't agree with this as it might cause someone else to be unable to log on. Not to mention I really don't want to leave my computer running under load all day (maybe I'm being overprotective of my baby...)

I'll be glad when the servers are more reliable and the lift the limited logins.

DrDogg

I'm a 1.0 CE owner, but haven't received any of the ARR CE items. In Mog Station it gives me the option to upgrade to a digital CE. Does this mean it's not registering the fact that I have a 1.0 CE? I filed a support ticket, but just wondering if any other 1.0 CE owners have received the in-game items for ARR.

VariantX

Did SQEnix suddenly fix the server issues or is it a fluke? Just came home from school, and logged straight in, no Queue. Couldn't even get the queue at all this time yesterday.

Cryst

It's the perfect meld of a casual Final Fantasy and a MMO.
The leve and sanctuary system Combined with the class system makes it the perfect casual mmo in my opinion.

Definitely agree here. The things I don't have to worry about, like the "best talent build", or even min/maxing everything (I guess this remains to be seen) like I have to with other MMOs on the market is a welcome change when I just want a casual MMO to enjoy with friends.

The game isn't hurting for different ways to progress either. If you're short on time, there are several ways to earn experience, enjoy content, and play at your own pace. Not sure where to start? Pick anything, try it, don't like it? Try another!

Filth

During the day time, the world seems to let people on ok. Although, I logged on at 9am, and just logged off about 20 minutes ago. Night time, I doubt I'll get on, haha, but oh well. A break for a night isn't bad.

I logged on at 9:30 am and left the game on and running. I plan to still be logged in by the time I get home from work :p

Emitan

i4vWxF1b4m6Tt.png

No! First time I haven't been close to a level and gotten blocked.

WolvenOne

Maybe I'm being cynical (this is what WoW does to you, kids) but I feel as though I will need to roll as a caster to have any chance of being a decent DPS at end-game.

....Why, you can level up the Offense minded magic classes without re-rolling the character at all.

Shouta

Songs and relic weapons. An ARC with songs could do more damage than a BRD with songs, but two BRDs both playing songs would still be better. Plus BRD had the job stat bonus to DEX and PIE (BRD's damage stats in 1.x).

Nope.

Like relic.

Matters more than anything at endgame.

Ah, so that was a change for ARR then. BRD songs lower personal damage now and the 3 varieties that are available aren't direct damage boosts for other classes but more support based (refresh/regain to keep folks going). BRD gets one more AOE which is help for damage though.

Saterium

Has anyone looked into the best Grand Company for a White Mage? Last I checked it was the Immortal Flame...

I looked around on some xivdb.com but I'm still kinda clueless which I should choose.

omlet

?

final fantasy games are all about breaking the 9999 limit. I don't wanna be doing paper mario damage in a mmo.

It's all relative.

Lower numbers means every point you squeeze onto your gear is all that much more potent. This is a good thing.

Has anyone looked into the best Grand Company for a White Mage? Last I checked it was the Immortal Flame...

I looked around on some xivdb.com but I'm still kinda clueless which I should choose.

For the millionth time, don't chose your GC based on its gear's stats. You won't be wearing much of it except for show.

Tarazet

those are pretty small for cap in a mmo, especially one out of asia o_O

4 digit numbers should be a minimum for endgame mmo damage! :D

As I understand it, Monks have a fast auto-attack speed and hit hard. Lancers have a slow weapon speed, but their weapon skills hit like a truck. In terms of cumulative DPS, I imagine it will be pretty close between all classes.

As I understand it, Monks have a fast auto-attack speed and hit hard. Lancers have a slow weapon speed, but their weapon skills hit like a truck. In terms of cumulative DPS, I imagine it will be pretty close between all classes.

see no one explains that to me ;)

is there logging in this? What kind of dpm are yall getting at cap?

I'm a 1.0 CE owner, but haven't received any of the ARR CE items. In Mog Station it gives me the option to upgrade to a digital CE. Does this mean it's not registering the fact that I have a 1.0 CE? I filed a support ticket, but just wondering if any other 1.0 CE owners have received the in-game items for ARR.

Did you link your ARR code to the same square account that the 1.0 ce was registered too? Be wary because they sometimes make a new sub account for beta's etc, I had to pick FFXIV 2 and activate my pre order code under that because account 1 was like ffxiv 1.0 beta or something crazy.

Their account system is convoluted

Daellon

Neo Member
....Why, you can level up the Offense minded magic classes without re-rolling the character at all.

Oh no, don't misunderstand. I didn't really intend that as a complaint.

Let me clarify.

I absolutely LOVE the leveling scheme in FFX|V and, while I don't have a problem with casters, I just wish I could be a ranged DPS without being a mage-type.

Also, by 'rolling' I was actually referencing PnP (D&D) in that you would be able to re-roll the stats on your character during the creation process, keeping the same character sheet (at least our DM let us do that, not everyone's would). I keep looking for a game that has that classic D&D ranger, but it isn't fair of me to hold that against a FF game.

Arcticfox

I have just started with crafting and have a quick question. If you craft multiple high quality copies of the same piece of equipment, are the stats the same everytime or is there some randomness?

Ploid 3.0

GW2 had great exploration and open-world puzzles and areas that did incentivize going off the beaten path. It'd be awesome if FFXIV had some sort of mechanic to help promote exploration a bit more, but right now it's not bad for just exploring and seeing what's down that dark path and getting swarmed by mobs 10+ levels above you.

The map does get its uses though once you start looking for certain things, though I never pull it up full screen. I do zoom in sometimes when I need that map detail.

I mainly left the map open and kept it to the left side of the screen and give it a bit of transparency. It's especially useful to see the fates that are up and to locate the area of my leve mobs/area. The minimap was a bit small iirc. I just never used it over the popup map.

Tarazet

Oh no, don't misunderstand. I didn't really intend that as a complaint.

Let me clarify.

I absolutely LOVE the leveling scheme in FFX|V and, while I don't have a problem with casters, I just wish I could be a ranged DPS without being a mage-type.

Also, by 'rolling' I was actually referencing PnP (D&D) in that you would be able to re-roll the stats on your character during the creation process, keeping the same character sheet (at least our DM let us do that, not everyone's would). I keep looking for a game that has that classic D&D ranger, but it isn't fair of me to hold that against a FF game.

In P3 beta, Archers were pulling the highest DPS, though I imagine with good play a Lancer can do better. It's not easy with having to move from the side to the rear constantly.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
well crap im at the lvl 30 conj quest (im lvl 50 from 1.0_

to get the unicorn mount i have to do the guild quest first.

That eye thing summoned 2 imps and got back to full health, i ran out of MP :(

Anyone that can tell me whats his weak spot? i only used Stone II but that obv didnt work

how are lancer/dragoons? seems like a popular class. melee dps have nearly always been shit in mmos compare to range, but having no clue how they play, i assume 'jump' and what not give them needed mobility?

Khrno

For the millionth time, don't chose your GC based on its gear's stats. You won't be wearing much of it except for show.

That's not entirely true.

From 30 to my current level 44, I've been wearing a mix of dungeon drops and GC (Limsa) gear for my SMN. The GC stuff has always been a huge improvement over whites of the same level of course, and even over pinks a couple levels higher. Never had a green drop of the same level/slot as a GC piece.

So in a way it has saved me time from dungeon grinding to get better stuff from the usual vendors, by just spending seals, which if people do them every time they see them, they will have a lot.

Anyway, I don't think the lv 50 items will be any good, maybe if they introduce a new rank, but at least from 30-44 (pre-AF) the gear is quite good.

Tarazet

how are lancer/dragoons? seems like a popular class. melee dps have nearly always been shit in mmos compare to range, but having no clue how they play, i assume 'jump' and what not give them needed mobility?

The jumps return you to where you jumped from, so they're not mobility tools. It doesn't seem like any class has a really good gap closer. Anyway, Dragoon kind of works like this - Heavy Thrust from the side to apply the debuff every 12 seconds, move behind and do one of two combos, and then fit in a Jump if it's off cooldown, then repeat. The key to top DPS is going to be getting locked into that rhythm, then weaving in cooldowns in the right order and at the right time.

Salaadin

Im a little upset at the GC gear. I always liked my old look rocking a lot of it but now it looks like WAR AF is better. I do need to swap pieces in an out though to see how it affects the stats and maybe I can make something work.

The flipside is that Im glad AF actually means something in this game. In XI, it felt like you couldnt wait to take off your AF after getting it...most of it becoming simple macro pieces.

Mr. Hyde

Bah. I had my pc setup in queue this morning before I went to work and my girlfriend decided, out of all days, to try to get on my pc and turns it off because it was supposedly not responding to her. Now I'm back to the 1017 grind. You would think they were going to fix the queue during their maintenance this morning, but I guess not.

omlet

That's not entirely true.

From 30 to my current level 44, I've been wearing a mix of dungeon drops and GC (Limsa) gear for my SMN. The GC stuff has always been a huge improvement over whites of the same level of course, and even over pinks a couple levels higher. Never had a green drop of the same level/slot as a GC piece.

So in a way it has saved me time from dungeon grinding to get better stuff from the usual vendors, by just spending seals, which if people do them every time they see them, they will have a lot.

Anyway, I don't think the lv 50 items will be any good, maybe if they introduce a new rank, but at least from 30-44 (pre-AF) the gear is quite good.

Yeah, I should have clarified my comment was at a level 50 perspective, where the i55 pieces are better than AF but not better than, say, HQ militia gear (which I made a whole set of in about 5 minutes last night so it's not like it's hard to get on a server with level 50 crafters). While leveling, there are some nice things you can get from any GC, especially now that you can earn seals as you level instead of having to make special trips to do boring shit for them like in 1.x haha... I was reviewing my GC gear options for my ACN, too, and I might pick up a few pieces to fill some slots. However, basic sentiment of my statement remains unchanged.

CoLaN

I have a standard digital edition (EU) code hanging around, I would love to exchange it for a game time card code if anyone wants :D

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Potentially dumb question:
Is seafood that's not a crafting material useless? I know you can turn some in for levequests but there's way more of them.

teiresias

Anyone else frustrated with how they label locations in a kind of confusing way? Like if you know you need to get to Lower La Noscea from inside the city, but if you don't memorize that the aethernet gate you want is called 'zeyphyr' (or is it the other one, I already forgot), then you're clueless.

All I want is for quests and aethernet regions to kind of match, I dunno, put the region in parentheses next to the proper name or something. It just feels like there needs to be a lot more consistency. The same thing goes for teleport destinations, why don'tt hey let you know what fucking region each one puts you in?

Limsa is just confusing, period. I started in it in v1 and this time in v2 and I still can never remember which gate exiting out of the city goes where (ie. Which area of Noscea) or what the gate names are half the time. Where stuff actually is inside of the city I'm OK with, it's just exiting the city is confusing.

Are all the major cities as sprawling as Limsa?

Screw you guys! I can even log the hell on Ultros yet again. Between the boots and not being able to login I'm ready for a refund please. I can't even log on right now... at 3pm EST.....

Great game but poorly handled by Square.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom