• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baleoce

and if it's tomorrow will you give a little dance?.

tumblr_mc2w92h7ZG1rihopyo1_400.gif

iSZ9cGwG1WYgV.gif

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't see how pre-ordering for a code is a scumbag move. It's not like it's depleting the oh so limited supply. People have has months to put a pre-order in and get a code and they only have a few more days to use them and websites are still not running out and still have plenty for everyone (both new comers and people cancelling the orders).

And I don't see how using a pre-order code and cancelling the order is in any way, shape or form the same as piracy.

The same way playing beta phase 4 was piracy obviously

and Alpha, and Phase 1-3

C.Dark.DN

Banned
For the love of god...those who want to or need to, pre-order, get your code and then cancel...just don't post on here that you've done so. The majority of us don't care to read this f'n bickering shit about integrity and honesty. We want to read about FINAL FANTASY XIV A REALM REBORN.
I'm not really convinced the Amazon cancel works.

Their terms and conditions say:
The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
If you do not pre-order the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, or you cancel your pre-order, the promotion will not apply.

The 18 digit code I paid in full for gave me a 20 digit code with the wrong region. I was getting worried, so I did the amazon thing. I had two games listed on my profile last night. One with the date of 8/20(GMG) and another with a date of 8/21(Amazon). After we found out we could re-enter our original code and get the right region, I got my original code to work. Now I only have one game on my profile and it's listed as 8/21.

I did feel entitled for the Early Access I paid in full for and resorted to some dishonest measures. I'm a bit worried I screwed myself. lol. I guess I deserve to go through customer service if I can't login when EA servers are up.

Sheppard

So, for us old Legacy players; do we have a time or do we know of a way of when we can "upgrade" to the CE version so we can get those wonderful toys?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The second a rare or neat looking minion drops you know you'll be using that instead. It's only natural to show off the rare stuff and not the stuff you didn't "earn".

Not to say they're a waste or anything, but na'mean?

I dunno, I still roll around with my CE pets in WoW. =)

Finally worked! I click on the My Profile link to verify it was an NA url, and it was. I then went back to the code redemption screen and tried it once more and it went through.

Thanks for the help and suggestions :).

phierce

I'm not really convinced the Amazon cancel works.
Maybe, maybe not. I don't really give a shit either way. I don't need to do it. I'm just tired of reading the shit justifying it one way or the other.

One thing for sure though...if you want a guaranteed way for it to work, pre-order at Gamestop. It's $5, the code is printed on the receipt and you never have to purchase it or cancel it. The $5 will stay in the system under your name/power-up card.

Easy fix. Just don't post about doing it.

I fell in love with Arcanist during beta.

Typically, I don't play casters. I dunno. It was just cool to blast away guys with Carby.

It rivals Pugilist for my favorite class.

I can't wait to get back in.

Jomjom

Banned
When I click My Profile it takes me to the eu.square-enix.com site. Does that mean somethings wrong? All my stuff is NA.

Alright, thanks for all the responses. I have one more if it's not a problem. The onion helmet, if you've redeemed it...does it show up in your account anywhere? Can anyone with the helmet confirm that?

Problem is I have the code but you're not able to access that part of account management right now...so I can't check. Also don't remember if I gave it to a friend or not...

Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

xintin

Did I need to dl the client for PS3 early access if I alrdy have the Phase 4 client? When I go to install it says they're the same thing.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Is the open beta client the same client being used for release? Or should I DL a new client

Open Beta Client will work on Saturday and you will not need to download anything, except probabyl some updates through the updater.

Ok, so this is the site where you input the 20-digit code:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/ffxivearlytop?rgn=na

How do we get our 20-digit code? Is it emailed to us upon registration of the 18-digit code? I didn't see a notification for this, so I just assumed I was good to go.

Enter your 18 digit code here.

http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

assuming you get no server errors (been pretty good today) you will get your 20 digit code to use on the site you linked. Copy the code down. They say they will email you, but I have yet to receive one and it's been 2 hours.

Alucrid

Banned
Correct Jobs in the same classe keep the same level but different classes go back to level 1.

All jobs that use spear (LNC/DRG) same level etc.

Oh. Wait, so to be a DRG I need LNC to 30 and MAR to 15. When I upgrade to DRG then my DRG and LNC will be the same level but the MAR will go back to level 1?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh. Wait, so to be a DRG I need LNC to 30 and MAR to 15. When I upgrade to DRG then my DRG and LNC will be the same level but the MAR will go back to level 1?
No MAR stays 15

What ever you got a class to levelwise stays that level after you change classes.

dwix

Ok, so this is the site where you input the 20-digit code:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/ffxivearlytop?rgn=na

How do we get our 20-digit code? Is it emailed to us upon registration of the 18-digit code? I didn't see a notification for this, so I just assumed I was good to go.

After entering your 18 digit code, you should be sent to a page with your 20 digit code and a link to where you enter it to link it to your account. After that, you should be good to go.

I got an e-mail with my 20 digit code about an hour after I registered it, so worst case you should receive an e-mail with the code and instructions.

Enter your 18 digit code here.

http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

assuming you get no server errors (been pretty good today) you will get your 10 digit code to use on the site you linked.

Already entered the 18-digit on that site and I got a 12-digit PSN code, which I used.

So, I won't get a 20-digit code to enter in this site https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/ffxivearlytop?rgn=na ? I never got a 10-digit code either :(

After entering your 18 digit code, you should be sent to a page with your 20 digit code and a link to where you enter it to link it to your account. After that, you should be good to go.

I got an e-mail with my 20 digit code about an hour after I registered it, so worst case you should receive an e-mail with the code and instructions.

Whoa, I never got a link :(

It was 4 hours ago.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ah, okay. Do LNC and DRG level up simultaneously or do they need to be done separately?

That's what I thought, but the info in the OP says MRD.

DRG is not a class you level. Think of DRG as a fancy coat your class puts on.

Think of it this way, Classes level, but Jobs don't. No matter what you are always playing a class. This means if you are leveling up as a summoner, you are really leveling as an arcanist, this is why you would gain a level 50 Scholar out of it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom