• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakura

Amazon Canada really sucks. They apparently don't have any early access codes for the standard version of the game, and for the collectors edition of the game it says "EARLY ACCESS – Play eight days prior to the release of the Standard Edition" which would mean early access starts on the 19th...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
No, I mean, I pre-ordered the original version of the game.... when it was under a different name. Before the entire remake.

As a few others clarified, you needed to have paid for at least 3 months of 1.0 service during the time 1.0 was in service. Having a copy of 1.0 (please correct me if I'm off on this) will only give you a copy of ARR for free.

Khrno

Stealing game time? I'm a 1.0 CE owner, Legacy member, and beta participant. I already had early access.

Funny how you deliberately left out this bit: "stealing pre-order items".

I'm off and done with this discussion, enjoy your sense of entitlement.

I previously received an EU 20 digit code for my NA 18 digit code. Tried again and got an NA 20 digit, and the page showed exactly the same thing for me. I preordered the ARR CE from GMG, so I'm guessing this is what we're supposed to be seeing. I really don't know.

On my account management at https://secure.square-enix.com/account/ it still just lists XIV as registered on Sep 1, 2010 (from the 1.0 open beta.)

Early Access and CE items are two separate codes. You'll get the game and CE item codes on or around launch.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think I'm repeating myself here, but I'm a 1.0's beta player, 1.0's CE owner, Legacy player and I will be an ARR's CE owner in a few days when ShopTp dispatches my box.

But 1.0 players don't have to buy the game, and just because they aren't getting 2 items from the new retail version of the game they fell like deserve them, when they are meant as incentives to people to purchase that new version. Put your feet on the ground.

Eh, don't really care then. I bought two copies of the game.

And I'll admit, i would have bought a 3rd copy had not the physical ARR CE's been so limited.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
But 1.0 players don't have to buy the game, and just because they aren't getting 2 items from the new retail version of the game they fell like deserve them, when they are meant as incentives to people to purchase that new version. Put your feet on the ground.

No they are typical pre-order bonuses to get new players into the game it's a standard tactic and to soften the blow for anyone who bought the game again for ps3. You don't honestly think they expect pc only players to buy the game again do you? That's a major waste of money unless you REALLY want the physical extras from the CE, but you honestly wouldnt be buying the game again in that case if you could have avoided it you just want the extras. *thus people in this situation will be selling their codes after they buy it*

You could go give 5 bucks to gamestop and get a code as well, doesn't mean you are ever giving square your money. It's a fairly standard thing when it comes to pre-order bonuses honestly.

My CE from Game UK just dispatched, might come tomorrow or Friday.

tumblr_mdidgqLfq91qh1g19o1_500.gif

and if it's tomorrow will you give a little dance?.

tumblr_mc2w92h7ZG1rihopyo1_400.gif

As a few others clarified, you needed to have paid for at least 3 months of 1.0 service during the time 1.0 was in service. Having a copy of 1.0 (please correct me if I'm off on this) will only give you a copy of ARR for free.

Hm, okay, I see. Well, I did pre-order and I do have the CE(the original CE). Will I get any CE items for that?

Also, how do you tell if you have CE on your account? Want to make sure I actually redeemed the onion helmet tokens and such. Fairly sure I did...

tenchir

WTF I can't redeem the 12 digit code on PSN. I get a "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer by valid."

What do I do now?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Hm, okay, I see. Well, I did pre-order and I do have the CE. Will I get any CE items for that?

Also, how do you tell if you have CE on your account? Want to make sure I actually redeemed the onion helmet tokens and such. Fairly sure I did...

I believe CE will be known just by your activation code from 1.0. I also believe the CE will give you all of the (digital) CE bonus items for ARR (Helm of Light, Behemoth costume for your Chocobo, and a few other things). I don't think there is any note on your account that it is CE or not, it just knows by the original code.

vazel

Banned
If Square cared so much about us buying a new copy for the pre-order items they could easily check if we registered a new game key to our accounts. If we didn't then they can revoke the pre-order items.

RK9039

Oh I think they may hold onto it for a bit, just looked at tracking order, says shipped but I'm guessing it's sitting in a transit van. Should be here this weekend.

I will dance hard.

frequency

Hm, okay, I see. Well, I did pre-order and I do have the CE. Will I get any CE items for that?

If you have 1.0 CE, you automatically get the digital items in ARR CE. If you are a 1.0 player, you should also get 14 days of game time.

kirby2096

For people who downloaded the Beta drivers for AMD and NVIDIA cards mentioned earlier, did you all get performance gains? I actually got very slightly worse performance.
Got around 200 extra points in the benchmark on my Radeon 5870 going from 13.2 to the 13.8 beta 2 drivers. Took me past the 7000 point barrier at 1080p Maximum.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I believe CE will be known just by your activation code from 1.0. I also believe the CE will give you all of the (digital) CE bonus items for ARR (Helm of Light, Behemoth costume for your Chocobo, and a few other things). I don't think there is any note on your account that it is CE or not, it just knows by the original code.
CE is tied to onion helm.

datamage

I think I'm repeating myself here, but I'm a 1.0's beta player, 1.0's CE owner, Legacy player and I will be an ARR's CE owner in a few days when ShopTp dispatches my box.

You should let go of your moral high horse. The people that are going to do this, will continue to do so, without remorse. People will justify their actions as they see fit.

Haint

I've seen some White Knighting in my day, but God Damn, calling someone a thief who paid $80 for what effectively amounts to an Alpha test of the same game is a new low even for Neogaf.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
When will we receive the CE items. I was a 1.0 CE owner and player (not legacy though) and when I registered by code, it listed the preorder items, but nothing else for me. I'm hoping they will just automatically go through at launch or something but I don't want to miss out. I mean, I don't mind upgrading and paying for the ARR CE...

androidcandy

Neo Member
I hope some GAFers will explore some dungeons with me!
I didn't go in any of the starter dungeons yet!

If your on Ultros we would be happy to do the starter dungeons with you! I know some people missed out, but their pretty easy to get through and there's still people that need them. There are a great way to earn EXP for you second class.

rockx4

Glad it's not just me then.

Yea there's a thread on the FFXIV forums about it. Apparently NA are getting EU PSN codes. I checked sender info on my email and it shows mailed by: xmail.eu.square-enix.com with a London address on the bottom of the email.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Is that being directed to me? If the answer is yes, then I am adding you to my Ignore List. Hope I just misunderstood what you said.
Good riddance. First you insult me and imply I'll never achieve anything in real life just because I'm letting out the details on how people with a lot of gil manipulate in game economies from first hand experience in doing so then you act like me getting ignored by you will hurt my feelings.

Guys, let's not dwell on this pre-order items business.
If SE want to introduce a way to prevent people from claiming the items (some sort of authentication) in future then they'll do it. Don't need a witch hunt.

Thank you for this.

Moral high horses aside, Square Enix allowing SOME 1.0 folks (Legacy) to play via headstart and denying others (everyone else) is lame. People want to play with their friends, Free Companies, and the like without feeling left behind.

If there's anyone to blame, it's SE as far as I'm concerned. If you don't like it, say that and move on. There's no reason to call people out repeatedly.

Let's just enjoy the game.

phierce

For the love of god...those who want to or need to do it, pre-order, get your code and then cancel...just don't post on here that you've done so. The majority of us don't care to read this f'n bickering shit about integrity and honesty. We want to read about FINAL FANTASY XIV A REALM REBORN.

Isaccard

You honestly can't see why people who bought the old game CE even and maybe subbed a few months but just barely missed legacy might be pissed they cant play when almost everyone else gets to?

The fact new players get a headstart on older players that didn't make legacy in time is stupid.

Edit: and if anything people who DID make legacy are supporting the company less in the long run. Sorry.

WAAAAAH!

Jomjom

Banned
Is there a way to access that page with the list of promo items if my early access code was used towards PS3 version?

Anyone?

After I entered my code it just took me to the page with my PS3 download code. No list of items that are registered to my account.

morikaze

Banned
I bought and played a little bit of 1.0 so I am eligible of getting ARR for free right? I have no idea how to go about this, I can't find any information on the website on what to do or where to go to download the game. The 1.0 client just tells me that 1.0 is over and to delete it.

tenchir

Yea there's a thread on the FFXIV forums about it. Apparently NA are getting EU PSN codes. I checked sender info on my email and it shows mailed by: xmail.eu.square-enix.com with a London address on the bottom of the email.

Hmm, the sender was "noreply@xmail.square-enix.com", but I see the London address listed on the bottom of the email.

Einbroch

Banned
Who cares about CE items? I mean, really, these items will be cool for like, a week, then everyone will want to wear their shiny new things they find through the game. It always works out the same.

I bought and played a little bit of 1.0 so I am eligible of getting ARR for free right? I have no idea how to go about this, I can't find any information on the website on what to do or where to go to download the game. The 1.0 client just tells me that 1.0 is over and to delete it.

You and I are in the same boat.

You paid for 1.0 so you can play the PC version at launch without buying it again. It does not give you early access though.

Who cares about CE items? I mean, really, these items will be cool for like, a week, then everyone will want to wear their shiny new things they find through the game. It always works out the same.

Just as an aside here, I hope that the vanity slot lets me equip my Ashuran Armguards in them.

Because they're fucking cool looking. I'd wear them forever if I could.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

What? I will be using the mount, Behemoth barding and rocking my minions!

notworksafe

lol stealing pre-order items. Didn't realize that someone having an ugly cat pet made your life so much worse. Guess we got some Londas/Square Enix stock holders in here.

Einbroch

Banned
What? I will be using the mount, Behemoth barding and rocking my minions!

The second a rare or neat looking minion drops you know you'll be using that instead. It's only natural to show off the rare stuff and not the stuff you didn't "earn".

Not to say they're a waste or anything, but na'mean?

Zomba13

I don't see how pre-ordering for a code is a scumbag move. It's not like it's depleting the oh so limited supply. People have has months to put a pre-order in and get a code and they only have a few more days to use them and websites are still not running out and still have plenty for everyone (both new comers and people cancelling the orders).

And I don't see how using a pre-order code and cancelling the order is in any way, shape or form the same as piracy.

notworksafe

Not to mention none of this is gonna matter in a month when 80% of GAF drops the game and it ends up being the same exact crew rolling as it was in 1.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom