• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbler

Banned
Screw you guys! I can even log the hell on Ultros yet again. Between the boots and not being able to login I'm ready for a refund please. I can't even log on right now... at 3pm EST.....

Great game but poorly handled by Square.

1.0 was worse. WAY worse. Some still huddle in a corner with the shakes over how bad 1.0 was.

ARR is a huge improvement. It's actually fun now.

notworksafe

Limsa is just confusing, period. I started in it in v1 and this time in v2 and I still can never remember which gate exiting out of the city goes where (ie. Which area of Noscea) or what the gate names are half the time. Where stuff actually is inside of the city I'm OK with, it's just exiting the city is confusing.

Are all the major cities as sprawling as Limsa?

In Phase 4 beta the gate name would tell you where it exited to, but just in Gridania. Now it's gone. I wish they'd put it back and in all cities.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Limsa is just confusing, period. I started in it in v1 and this time in v2 and I still can never remember which gate exiting out of the city goes where (ie. Which area of Noscea) or what the gate names are half the time. Where stuff actually is inside of the city I'm OK with, it's just exiting the city is confusing.

Are all the major cities as sprawling as Limsa?

I feel like Uldah sucks too. Gridania is the most sensical and easiest to navigate imo.

Lord Phol

Finally getting some nice armor, I really enjoy this set:

ffxiv_28082013_204511.png

Might even dye it to stand out a bit.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Any PS3 users having CONSTANT screen flickering and other visual issues? UI and whatnot is fine, but the actual game visuals are constantly popping and flickering. Very irritating.

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone know if the Red Onion Helm or the Peregrine Helm are in ARR? They are the recolored Onion Helms. I need to know before I go and blow $10 on an unused code on ebay!

MrTapion

Neo Member
Night time is the only chance I get to play. Usually only 2-3 hours at best. I was lucky last night in that I only had to spam login for about 30 minutes to get in.

A friend of mine logs on before he leaves for work and just stays logged in all day. I don't agree with this as it might cause someone else to be unable to log on. Not to mention I really don't want to leave my computer running under load all day (maybe I'm being overprotective of my baby...)

I'll be glad when the servers are more reliable and the lift the limited logins.

I tried a few times last night, and couldn't get in. Than just said screw it. I do hope as well they get these servers figured out. I know the one time had a little queue to get in, about 10 people before me, on launch night.

daveo42

Banned
I mainly left the map open and kept it to the left side of the screen and give it a bit of transparency. It's especially useful to see the fates that are up and to locate the area of my leve mobs/area. The minimap was a bit small iirc. I just never used it over the popup map.

Oh yeah, I was talking specifically about the actual map off to the side. It is helpful for a lot of things. The minimap has some uses in game, but it doesn't have the utility of the actual map.

MrTapion

Neo Member
Any PS3 users having CONSTANT screen flickering and other visual issues? UI and whatnot is fine, but the actual game visuals are constantly popping and flickering. Very irritating.

Haven't noticed any flickering on my end. Things have been working pretty fine.

MaximusPrimus: Will send you a friend request, when I get on. My character is Gho Stryde.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I tried a few times last night, and couldn't get in. Than just said screw it. I do hope as well they get these servers figured out. I know the one time had a little queue to get in, about 10 people before me, on launch night.

I imagine a massive reason the queues are so bad is less and less people are logging out after hearing the horror stories of not being able to log back in. I logged in before going to work to hopefully secure a place after not getting to play last night.

TheContact

Just got home, praying there's no server issues =x, am dling that 16mb patch

...fuck me...world is full......

yay took a few tries but I got in!

Ploid 3.0

I just wanted Red Mage, but even Scholar, who could have been close, is only white magic focused. :(

I'm holding out for Ranger.

I hope we at least get Musketeer and some job for it at some point before the first expansion.

Corsair anyone?

I have a feeling even if I get the job I want (beastmaster) it will be very different from what was in FFXI. I was expecting to play bard to be a very useful support class that no one wanted to party without, but it seems strange in this game, very different. I bet BST will have a hand full of jug summons that get stronger depending on his level. No charm.

I'm not even going to look at thief if it's done. It looks like monk hits for low damage now, thief will dream of 100 crits at 50. It will probably be a melee enfeeble buff stealing class. Or they will just put thief and Ninja together as Assassin. Ninjutsu wheel, and stealing.

Tarazet

Oh yeah, I was talking specifically about the actual map off to the side. It is helpful for a lot of things. The minimap has some uses in game, but it doesn't have the utility of the actual map.

It's interesting, the minimap has things that the big map doesn't (the arrows for FATES and quest objectives), but the minimap is also missing things that the big map has. I keep looking at the wrong map for the information I need.

Velocity

This really sucks being PST. Even being up at 7am for the past three days, spamming the refresh button every 3 minutes, I can't make a character on Gilgamesh.

I saw the posting about expanded capacity yesterday, but is there anything on when this might come into effect? Has anyone had luck with making a character towards the 1am-ish time frame on NA servers?

Item Box

This really sucks being PST. Even being up at 7am for the past three days, spamming the refresh button every 3 minutes, I can't make a character on Gilgamesh.

I saw the posting about expanded capacity yesterday, but is there anything on when this might come into effect?
Has anyone had luck with making a character towards the 1am-ish time frame on NA servers?
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/e3a37c6c1c83ed7fc1e26a7a9d1308da98f95947

Beginning of next week

Jomjom

Banned

I don't get any of this on my PS3. I think it may be a sign that your PS3 is about to fail.

TheFatOne

So I started botanist eventually I'm going to mine. Is there a list of crafting recipes. I'm trying to figure out what items I should focus on getting as I level my botonist.

Finally got in! Haven't been able to play since that crazy error during phase 4. I'm so far behind compared to everyone! Only level 13 Marauder and level 7 Arcanist. I've got a long ways to go and by the time I get to level 20 I'm sure the FC will be filled :(

Slathe

Two questions for those with more experience than I have:

1) The mid 30's and 40's dungeons are giving gear in the treasure boxes that has no stats and is clearly ruined, it will be called "worm eaten shield" or "ripped shirt". Do those items have any use besides vendor trash? I find it weird that they'd be only used for selling because they already have a method for giving out vendored money items (the tin / bronze / silver pieces).

2) What are allagan tomestones for? I did a cursory search on google but didn't see anything.

Thanks!

somesang

Finally got in! Haven't been able to play since that crazy error during phase 4. I'm so far behind compared to everyone! Only level 13 Marauder and level 7 Arcanist. I've got a long ways to go and by the time I get to level 20 I'm sure the FC will be filled :(
Probably got in cause I was booted, you're welcome.
This was happening to me yesterday. From what I've gathered, there are windows for logins and I always seem to get kicked when the window is open and by the time the servers realize I'm still not logged in, they lock the fort down. Which leads me to spam the login. Never ending cycle of slammed servers. I just want to heal some crappy Archers.

Edit: And I'm in. 4:02pm EST

Fvash

Neo Member
is hunting log once per character or class?

Per class-each one has different logs

I really love the Hunting Log, and how they even identify the monsters in the world with the little HL icon. I think they already expanded it going from P3 to P4, and it really has a ton of potential for expansion I'm just waiting for them to develop :D

Anyone else frustrated with how they label locations in a kind of confusing way? Like if you know you need to get to Lower La Noscea from inside the city, but if you don't memorize that the aethernet gate you want is called 'zeyphyr' (or is it the other one, I already forgot), then you're clueless.

All I want is for quests and aethernet regions to kind of match, I dunno, put the region in parentheses next to the proper name or something. It just feels like there needs to be a lot more consistency. The same thing goes for teleport destinations, why don'tt hey let you know what fucking region each one puts you in?

This is part of why I'm wondering about the zone names appearing over zone-lines before entering new areas—I swear devs mentioned they added this for P4, but I don't see them. Everything is so pretty I hate to cover my screen with a map, much less teleport around everywhere. I'd prefer to just be able to get the lay of a zone by running around, but that's taking some time.

On that note, I've heard rumors of future releases of more Jobs. Any word on this? I think I read where Samurai and Ninja were planned to release in the first major content patch, but I don't remember where I read this.

I'm holding out for Ranger.

What would Ranger do tho? Be more hardcore ranged DPS? Maybe I just don't have the experience here, but it seems like BRD wins for versatility: playing both strong DPS and support-capable.

I have a feeling even if I get the job I want (beastmaster) it will be very different from what was in FFXI. I was expecting to play bard to be a very useful support class that no one wanted to party without, but it seems strange in this game, very different. I bet BST will have a hand full of jug summons that get stronger depending on his level. No charm.

Yah I don't feel really sold on any job yet. I'm kind of just going with it, raising CNJ and ARC (slowly), dabbling in crafting/gathering, enjoying the scenery and story. I'd love to see them drop thief, red mage, or geomancer to see how they handle it.

omlet

Two questions for those with more experience than I have:

1) The mid 30's and 40's dungeons are giving gear in the treasure boxes that has no stats and is clearly ruined, it will be called "worm eaten shield" or "ripped shirt". Do those items have any use besides vendor trash? I find it weird that they'd be only used for selling because they already have a method for giving out vendored money items (the tin / bronze / silver pieces).
http://xivdb.com/?recipe/1517/Vintage-Square-Shield

2) What are allagan tomestones for? I did a cursory search on google but didn't see anything.

Basically all the Darklight stuff in here http://xivdb.com/?search/!patch-EarlyAccess

Daellon

Neo Member
Is it worth installing the game on an SSD? Thinking of moving it over given how small it is.

It is worth it. Honestly I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't.

The only things I don't run from SSD's are things like FTL or Don't Starve that don't really need muc.

You don't have to be level 20. Level 20 is for the story related Grand Company. You can join the GAF Free Company at any time. Better do it soon though...

Daellon

Neo Member
What would Ranger do tho? Be more hardcore ranged DPS? Maybe I just don't have the experience here, but it seems like BRD wins for versatility: playing both strong DPS and support-capable.

Haha, a good point.

To answer your quest. THEY WOULD LOOK LESS SILLY.

FF Bards are so absurd looking it burns my eyes.

Brandon F

I don't get any of this on my PS3. I think it may be a sign that your PS3 is about to fail.

Hoping its just a factor of overpopulation in town. Doubt my ps3 is dying, just finished last of us with no issues. Tales of xilia is fine too. Character generation presents no issues. Just being in world and game presents crazy flickering.

Might try a diff server to test. Also frame rate chugs, but there are seemingly a billion people in town and starter zones right now. Want ps4 version now tho!

Tendo

So I'm confused about a charge on my credit card.

I originally pre ordered from Square directly but never recieved a confirmation e-mail or access code so I canceled and ordered from Amazon instead. My purchase went through to Amazon yesterday but I also see a pending 1.00 charge to Square Enix. Usually a pending $1.00 charge is a place holder for an incoming larger charge on my card.

Even though my order was canceled and still shows canceled am I being charged? Any idea why square is charging me $1.00 (or more?)

Brandon F

Oh and should I join all crafting/ gathering guilds? Is it like wow in that you can only have two active?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom