• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
So I'm confused about a charge on my credit card.

I originally pre ordered from Square directly but never recieved a confirmation e-mail or access code so I canceled and ordered from Amazon instead. My purchase went through to Amazon yesterday but I also see a pending 1.00 charge to Square Enix. Usually a pending $1.00 charge is a place holder for an incoming larger charge on my card.

Even though my order was canceled and still shows canceled am I being charged? Any idea why square is charging me $1.00 (or more?)

Check your spam folder? Square's keys were going to the spam folder for gmail.

is crafting required in this? Kinda wanna just get my gear from dungeoning or auction house (is there one?)

Most gear is obtained via quests and dungeons. The rest you can buy via vendors and the market board (auction house). For materia and other crafting needs you can always commission other players.

Oh and should I join all crafting/ gathering guilds? Is it like wow in that you can only have two active?

You can join them all and switch between them freely.

Tendo

Check your spam folder? Square's keys were going to the spam folder for gmail.

Just checked, nothing there. :( And I canceled on 8/19. This whole launch has been a mess for me. I love the game, but everything else about it is a pain in the ass.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I feel like Uldah sucks too. Gridania is the most sensical and easiest to navigate imo.

In Phase 4 beta the gate name would tell you where it exited to, but just in Gridania. Now it's gone. I wish they'd put it back and in all cities.

Limsa is just confusing, period. I started in it in v1 and this time in v2 and I still can never remember which gate exiting out of the city goes where (ie. Which area of Noscea) or what the gate names are half the time. Where stuff actually is inside of the city I'm OK with, it's just exiting the city is confusing.

Are all the major cities as sprawling as Limsa?
They really should do something about it, and it's a pretty easy fix. Just always mention what region a quest is in, and which region each teleport hub , aethernet entry and blue boundary takes you to.

Eusis

Do I have to keep using my "one time" key for logging in? If so I may eventually just take it off the account, there's novelty now but in the long run... can they even steal a PS3 account without also stealing the PSN?

Fvash

Neo Member
That's a weird way to spell fabulous.

tumblr_miyqpztDS51rlzgkio1_500.gif

Never thought I'd get to use that...

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Played for several hours over a couple of nights and dinged 10 before logging of.

...does this game get better?

Right now it's a very generic-feeling MMO with a high level of polish. I'm an arcanist and I have a generic pet, a generic DoT and direct dmg spell and a generic heal.

The polish level is high enough that I'm willing to stick with it for now but I'm not especially impressed so far.

DrDogg

Did you link your ARR code to the same square account that the 1.0 ce was registered too? Be wary because they sometimes make a new sub account for beta's etc, I had to pick FFXIV 2 and activate my pre order code under that because account 1 was like ffxiv 1.0 beta or something crazy.

Their account system is convoluted

I have one log in for the SE site that housed all the 1.0 stuff. The Mog Station link was recently added to that. So if I somehow linked to a new account, I don't know how that would've happened. I have all of my other gear from 1.0. The gloves and the Onion Helm.

Daellon

Neo Member
Played for several hours over a couple of nights and dinged 10 before logging of.

Right now it's a very generic-feeling MMO with a high level of polish. I'm an arcanist and I have a generic pet, a generic DoT and direct dmg spell and a generic heal.

The polish level is high enough that I'm willing to stick with it for now but I'm not especially impressed so far.

Arcanist felt very slow to me. YMMV, but try out some of the other classes (especially since it's so easy to do) and see if that changes things up a bit. I'd recommend one of the melee classes, if you're open to that style of play.

Fvash

Neo Member
Sounds like the servers are behaving okay today. I hope they hold up until I get home.

I assume that's because people like us are not home ::sigh::

I'm just praying I can get on Thursday night. I'm off Friday and would love to come home after dinner, log in, and finally hit 15 to set off to other cities for the first time.

What is a non-generic heal???

I assume that's because people like us are not home ::sigh::

I'm just praying I can get on Thursday night. I'm off Friday and would love to come home after dinner, log in, and finally hit 15 to set off to other cities for the first time.

What is a non-generic heal???

I want to know this too.

Who do I talk to to recieve an invite to GAF FC? I'm registered / accepted on neogaf.guildwork.com, not sure where to go from there.

What server?

Duesy

lol not a single NA/EU server is accepting new characters but almost every JP one is.,

Japan is a small country. I really dont see how people find this a surprise.

With that said, there should be more servers to encompass the load of NA/EU but I dont think square knew what they were getting into when they were launching at a prime time for launching an mmo. Not a lot of competition at the moment.

Tarazet

With that said, there should be more servers to encompass the load of NA/EU but I dont think square knew what they were getting into when they were launching at a prime time for launching an mmo. Not a lot of competition at the moment.

Especially since WoW's Siege of Orgrimmar raid patch got delayed. It was the perfect time for me to switch over since I cleared normal ToT and no one seemed particularly serious about getting a lot of heroic clears.

Really man are you kidding with this? Maybe he expected to play on a NA server.....

I'm expecting people to get off their Japanese conspiracy bullshit. I understand it's frustrating when you can't get in or onto the server that you want to, but that's because it's full of other players, not because JP servers are running on some special Tokyo magic that they won't share with poor Westerners.

Daellon

Neo Member

Not to mention WoW is at a serious lull right now and people (most of the ones I know that still play, at any rate) are starting to get very bored with it. I mean ZG version 67 or whatever the last content patch was has worn pretty thin.

A prime time indeed.

You are not going to find much in the way of innovation. The first 20-30 levels is basically a tutorial. The game really opens up and gets interesting and challenging around level 30.

That said, opinions will vary. I have been in love with this from the very beginning.

Daellon

Neo Member
I'm expecting people to get off their Japanese conspiracy bullshit. I understand it's frustrating when you can't get in or onto the server that you want to, but that's because it's full of other players, not because JP servers are running on some special Tokyo magic that they won't share with poor Westerners.

I think a lot of people fail to consider the time-zone differences.

When I log in at night, it's usually during the middle of the day in Japan.

Daellon

Neo Member
Is there a trick to logging in?

Patience. Perserverance.

Also, don't break things. You might WANT to snap your keyboard in half, but that'll be the attempt you actually get in the game and then you'll have to scavange some old piece of junk out of your spare-parts closet just to play.

Apologies if this has been asked/answered already, but does anyone know if you can use a Visa Debit card for the subscription instead of a regular credit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom