• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

Serious Response: I was under the impression your DPS went down and you moved to a buff/support role as a Bard.
And I read it on the internet so it must be true.

Your personal damage output takes a 20% hit while you are singing, but you won't be singing full time and when you're singing you're helping the party out anyway for a net gain.

daveo42

Banned
THEY LOOK SILLY.

Serious Response: I was under the impression your DPS went down and you moved to a buff/support role as a Bard.
And I read it on the internet so it must be true.

It does. You still do decent damage when your songs are active, but they lower your damage output and slowly drain your mp. The mana song though is pretty useful for the mage-heavy parties.

gillty

Banned
Where do I get that code?
Should have been displayed upon registration of the pre-order code, if not check your email.

Otherwise, try registering the code you received from your retailer again here: http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

reg4qa5a.png

Tarazet

So I have a question about using abilities that are off the global cooldown. Playing WoW for so long has me really anal about GCD efficiency, which is one of the reasons why I have so many top parses on World of Logs (#4 bear tank on Tortos).

Anyway, I've been playing MRD, and I have two cooldowns that synergize nicely and line up with one another - Bloodbath and Berserk. The trouble is, I can't seem to activate them both without delaying the next weapon skill use. It seems to me that you can only do off-GCD abilities on the "upswing" of the timer, but there's also some kind of internal delay that prevents me from using another cooldown right away. Has anyone figured out exactly how this works? The lack of instant button response is driving me up a wall.

daveo42

Banned
Could be worse... you could be traveling across the continent just to hit a single rock with an axe.

I got to stone a stone with stone...II. Some of the story quests where you end up traveling to every part of the world just to talk to some guy is pretty ridiculous. Some of it is being able to link areas and dungeons together with some sort of story and the rest is a gil sink, porting all over the place and spending coin.

Daellon

Neo Member
Your personal damage output takes a 20% hit while you are singing, but you won't be singing full time and when you're singing you're helping the party out anyway for a net gain.

Hmmm. That's interesting. Sounds like it could be similar to song-twisting in EQ1. It will be fun to see how it actually works out.

That's one of the things I love so much about this game though. Even if I don't like the class, it's so easy to be something else.

NIN90

The best part about playing as a European on an NA server is that I can actually play when I come back from work while americans are still at work/school.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
PSA:
Crafting leves give 3x exp if you turn in HQ item.
Gathering leves, at first look, suck, but when you go do them, they're about half level per leve.

daveo42

Banned
Did you pay for 3 months of 1.x?

CE owners from 1.0 still get the CE stuff from ARR for free. I got mine when I logged in last night. Didn't even have to input a code. My question is that the current SE account you have link to the same account you had when you played 1.0. The only advantage to Legacy is lower monthly cost and early access to the game.

gillty

Banned
The best part about playing as a European on an NA server is that I can actually play when I come back from work while americans are still at work/school.
Well the NA and EU servers are different in name only (hosted in Montreal), but I know what you mean as a NA player on a Japanese server.

Godly god-rays. :O
ffxiv2013-08-2714-28-lassf.png

Went offline to play some Chivalry with a friend and now I can't get back on.

God damn it.

EDIT:

I'M IN A QUEUE

OH MY GOD THIS IS BEAUTIFUL

Fvash

Neo Member
What skills are worth pulling from CNJ as ARC in early game?

I was sure I'd want Heal—amazingly useful while CNJ—but it restores such little HP as ARC, barely making up for 1 hit from an enemy. I swapped for Protect instead (only 1 skill available yet). Are there others I should keep my eye out for as I level?

Also thinking of unlocking LNC before journeying from Gridania, if anyone more experienced wants to call out some skills from there I should be sure to nab ;)

[thx in advance, as I won't see any responses for awhile: finished day of work, time for school! /gradLife]

chrono01

For the servers that are supposedly locked for new character creation, keep trying!

This morning I was attempting to create a character on Ultros, since that's where the GAF players reside. I was saddened to see that I couldn't create my character since the World was "locked", but I kept refreshing every three minutes. After around 30 minutes or so I noticed the World was available and I created my character there with no issue. Unfortunately I didn't have much time to play at that point, but at least the character creation process is over and done with.

So, if you really want to create a character on GAF, get a cup of coffee/green tea and try diligently every three minutes, you might just get lucky! Despite what the post says, the lock isn't 100%. It seems to alternate and open servers at random times.

Emitan

I really love how half of the story quests involve talking to an NPC who doesn't live in a town with an Aetherite...

*teleports to Horizon and mounts chocobo*

Cryst

Anyone know what to do if you lost your security token? I bought FFXIV when it first came out and cannot find my security token.

Check the support page, but most likely you'll need to have written down the Emergency Removal Password beforehand. If not, you will have to sit through 2 hours of waiting to talk to a CS rep, where they will remove it for you in 5 seconds after they verify your account.

What skills are worth pulling from CNJ as ARC in early game?

I was sure I'd want Heal—amazingly useful while CNJ—but it restores such little HP as ARC, barely making up for 1 hit from an enemy. I swapped for Protect instead (only 1 skill available yet). Are there others I should keep my eye out for as I level?

Also thinking of unlocking LNC before journeying from Gridania, if anyone more experienced wants to call out some skills from there I should be sure to nab ;)

[thx in advance, as I won't see any responses for awhile: finished day of work, time for school! /gradLife]

You have Physick as arc, which is better than heal (for Arc). Protect's good, but you'll need Aero as DPS

Sorry quick question, I had bought final fantasy 14 when it first came out 1.0. Supposedly I can play till the sept 9 but when I try to install the game from the client I get "The entered code has already been registered" Thats using the code from the back of the manual. Is there a different code I`m suppose to use? Or a different client?

K.Sabot

Alrighty, gussied up now.

Can we not get veteran awards until our free days are over? If so I'm going to be waiting 2 months thanks to multiple purchases.

Tarazet

So I have a question about using abilities that are off the global cooldown. Playing WoW for so long has me really anal about GCD efficiency, which is one of the reasons why I have so many top parses on World of Logs (#4 bear tank on Tortos).

Anyway, I've been playing MRD, and I have two cooldowns that synergize nicely and line up with one another - Bloodbath and Berserk. The trouble is, I can't seem to activate them both without delaying the next weapon skill use. It seems to me that you can only do off-GCD abilities on the "upswing" of the timer, but there's also some kind of internal delay that prevents me from using another cooldown right away. Has anyone figured out exactly how this works? The lack of instant button response is driving me up a wall.

Bumping for the amazing flying thread. This should be important to everyone.

omlet

Bumping for the amazing flying thread. This should be important to everyone.

It's a limitation to prevent you from stacking like 4 buffs during one GCD for your next skill. Most of these skills have an animation that, while not triggering the GCD, consumes a half a second or so to start before you can blend out of it into your next action.

I thought I would awaken into the world when 1017 is no longer an issue..
I would have stayed logged on forever too, if it wasn't for that meddling maintenance.

LtOrange

Would be really cool if SE extended our free game time till the server mess is sorted out. I know I wouldn't be as pissed off if they did something like that.

Ploid 3.0

Why can't you be mobile and DPS as an archer? They jelly.

Running around is good for solo, but in a group strategic placement is important. Attacking stuff out of order can also create chaos. For events and most likely boss fights in a group (not fates zerg stuff) rangers will most likely need to be in a specific range or spot (near mages, near bard, or near other dd). I don't know if rangers get better damage depending on their distance to their target though.

It's much easier to stay still in group anyway, solo running around is to create distance so you don't get hit. Group running around just prevents melee people from being able to dps, and takes a enmity source from the tank. Also if rangers can pull aggro from the tank just by doing their attacks they will learn to stop over dps..ing. Guild rangers should be a good asset, not so much pick up rangers since you don't know what you'd get. Though some may friggin surprise you.

Daydreams about the JP Samurai that blew my mind with his awesomeness, which inspired me to be a sam too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom