• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

It's a limitation to prevent you from stacking like 4 buffs during one GCD for your next skill. Most of these skills have an animation that, while not triggering the GCD, consumes a half a second or so to start before you can blend out of it into your next action.

Why would they prevent that? That's exactly what you're supposed to do for maximum DPS. Potion, stack cooldowns, and experience a few seconds of optimal damages.

The game won't let me create any characters on North American servers. Tried for 5 hours last night and an hour or so today so far. It'll let me create one on JP Ixion, though.

akaoni

Banned
bu7YHgy.png

Blessing from His Holyness.

Daellon

Neo Member
Running around is good for solo, but in a group strategic placement is important. Attacking stuff out of order can also create chaos. For events and most likely boss fights in a group (not fates zerg stuff) rangers will most likely need to be in a specific range or spot (near mages, near bard, or near other dd). I don't know if rangers get better damage depending on their distance to their target though.

It's much easier to stay still in group anyway, solo running around is to create distance so you don't get hit. Group running around just prevents melee people from being able to dps, and takes a enmity source from the tank.

I haven't been able to do any of the group content yet due to login restrictions, character creation restrictions, etc. If it is indeed as strategic as you say, I am even more interested in this game now.

Heysoos

So is there a way to automate this mouse clicking while trying to log in? At the very least so I can play my Vita or something.

Ploid 3.0

Why would they prevent that? That's exactly what you're supposed to do for maximum DPS. Potion, stack cooldowns, and experience a few seconds of optimal damages.

In FFXI you could use multiple abilities before animations finished. Sneak attack > Trick attack, weapon skill could take under 1 second iirc. They'd just merge together in a weird animation.

I haven't been able to do any of the group content yet due to login restrictions, character creation restrictions, etc. If it is indeed as strategic as you say, I am even more interested in this game now.

I was going off of FFXI endgame, but watching some of FFXIV's level 50 tough fights ranger will indeed be useful. Bard may be helpful but fast ranged constant good damage will end fights faster I'm sure, and the ranger will not have to stop dps because of deadly aoe. Also being able to help with any add instantly and switch back over to the main boss will be so nice. I'm sure in a few days Archers will start getting their confident smirks.

Running around is good for solo, but in a group strategic placement is important. Attacking stuff out of order can also create chaos. For events and most likely boss fights in a group (not fates zerg stuff) rangers will most likely need to be in a specific range or spot (near mages, near bard, or near other dd). I don't know if rangers get better damage depending on their distance to their target though.

It's much easier to stay still in group anyway, solo running around is to create distance so you don't get hit. Group running around just prevents melee people from being able to dps, and takes a enmity source from the tank. Also if rangers can pull aggro from the tank just by doing their attacks they will learn to stop over dps..ing. Guild rangers should be a good asset, not so much pick up rangers since you don't know what you'd get. Though some may friggin surprise you.

Daydreams about the JP Samurai that blew my mind with his awesomeness, which inspired me to be a sam too.

Had a tank for Ifrit who literally ran in a circle around him the whole time. The healer and I (Arcanist) were constantly running lol

The game won't let me create any characters on North American servers. Tried for 5 hours last night and an hour or so today so far. It'll let me create one on JP Ixion, though.

They already announced that they are stopping character creation on many servers.

Check lodestone for updates for this stuff.

In order to prevent server outages due to login and world congestion, we are currently closely monitoring server loads and making adjustments to both character creation and login limits as needed.

As we approach the peak North American play hours, the North American and European servers listed below in will have their login restrictions adjusted with particular scrutiny in order to ensure a pleasant play experience for all players.

As we continue to monitor the situation, we will be allowing players to log in sequentially. This will unfortunately have the effect of causing wait times for logins to these worlds, but this is a necessary step for the sake of server stability, and we ask for your understanding and patience during this time.

Additionally, character creation restrictions are currently in place for the following worlds:

Behemoth
Sargatanas
Diabolos
Gilgamesh
Leviathan
Balmung
Excalibur
Hyperion
Tonberry
Mandragora
Bahamut
Chocobo

In the event of any changes in the situation, follow-up news posts will be posted here as well.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and once again thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone know how to quickly de-target from a mob on the PS3, like if I need to run away from a large AOE?

My solution right now is to turn off the autotarget/auto-face the mob option, but that's not a perfect situation because it's sometimes difficult to face the mob to use my skills when I have to reposition.

Jarnet87

Been playing on Excalibur since I already had a character created there. I changed him to a Lalafell Thurmaturge since it let me basically recreate the toon, wish I would have stuck with Archer. I may change it when I hit 15 or whenever it lets me. Think I will go Bard instead of Black Mage.

Alex

Friend reg'd his char yesterday morning and has yet to even see a single available world for creation. What a glorious launch.

Acidyl

Just did my first healer run of Satasha.

Let the tank die on mob because I mistimed my recast of cure, then canceled the next one by accidental move.

Wipe on the final boss cause none closed the water hatches and I healed a dps 2 to 3 times in a row while I though I had the tank selected.

The amount of healers must be extremely low, no one said a thing.

For the record, I did pass on most of the drops to make up, and it's been years since I did priest healing in wow MC/BWL.

Good fun though, really reminded me of old school wow priest healing.

Robbler

Banned
Been playing on the PC (with a 660ti) and it looks gorgeous.

Downloaded the standard PS3 version today (already have the CE from 1.0 on PC) and, while it's nice to lay back and play on my 55", I really can't wait for the PS4 version.

Still, I like having the option of playing it on a console.

Just did my first healer run of Satasha.

Let the tank die on mob because I mistimed my recast of cure, then canceled the next one by accidental move.

Wipe on the final boss cause none closed the water hatches and I healed a dps 2 to 3 times in a row while I though I had the tank selected.

The amount of healers must be extremely low, no one said a thing.

For the record, I did pass on most of the drops to make up, and it's been years since I did priest healing in wow MC/BWL.

Good fun though, really reminded me of old school wow priest healing.

Ifrit will be a really good test for you. He has high burst damage and, as a healer, you'll have to be vigilant of his strikes directed at you.

EDIT: Also, Sat is easy-peezy, as are the other 2 starter dungeons.

Cryst

While we're hunting down mechanics (I should probably check the OP to see which theorycraft sites are out there), does triggering an ability reset the auto-attack swing timer? I guess it's hard for me to notice with MRD's 3.2sec swing. Certainly feels like the ability at least overwrites the animation for auto-attack.

vehn

Anyone ever get the error when joining duties:

You are unable to accept a new duty. Please try again later.

And there is no duty timer, been like that for 30 min

MKAllDay

How have they not dropped error 1017 yet? Like all you have to do is put us in a damn queue. Its already in the game so what is the hold up?!

blackflag

I'm expecting people to get off their Japanese conspiracy bullshit. I understand it's frustrating when you can't get in or onto the server that you want to, but that's because it's full of other players, not because JP servers are running on some special Tokyo magic that they won't share with poor Westerners.

There was no Japanese conspiracy bullshit in his statement. It was a statement of fact about how you can fuck up your launch so bad that you can't create a character on any NA server and if you want to play the only option right now is the Japanese servers.

Robbler

Banned
There was no Japanese conspiracy bullshit in his statement. It was a statement of fact about how you can fuck up your launch so bad that you can't create a character on any NA server and if you want to play the only option right now is the Japanese servers.

Maybe because it's not prime time play hours in Japan right now? Wait until late night in the US and you can make a character on almost any NA/EU server.

Pollux

So character creation still down on Ultros?

Every time I try to make a character there, the game automatically selects a different server. On the PS3 what button do I push to make sure I keep trying on Ultros?

So...stat points. Any guides/tips for what I should put them into for each class?

Every time I try to make a character there, the game automatically selects a different server. On the PS3 what button do I push to make sure I keep trying on Ultros?

I'll say, my son wakes up super early (like 5:30am cst) and was able to make his character on Ultros then without a problem, despite them saying that Character Creation is closed on them.

Robbler

Banned

Last I checked, about 45 min ago, character creation was down on all NA/EU servers...

Ploid 3.0

Why did I log off earlier today? 1017 hurts me a little. I just want to cut on some trees.

Edit: IN! Never logging out ever again :(

Someone in my ffxi linkshell stayed logged on afk for months and never moved.

So...stat points. Any guides/tips for what I should put them into for each class?

I'll say, my son wakes up super early (like 5:30am cst) and was able to make his character on Ultros then without a problem, despite them saying that Character Creation is closed on them.

This looks good

http://www.ffxivguild.com/ff14-arr-what-stats-guide/

Anduron

Anyone know what I have to do to unlock the thousand maws of toto-rak? Is there some sort of quest I need to get like halatali?

Jobbs

Banned
is there an ETA on when I'll be able to digitally buy the game? they have my curiosity for now, but they could lose me easily if this goes on too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom