• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Wait, so part of the problem is that people are fucking IDLING in the server so they don't have to deal with waiting like the rest of us? FUCK THEM -__-
Pretty much.

If people logged out when they were done the servers wouldn't be as congested as they are. I'm not saying that it would instantly log you in without a queue, or that it wouldn't have errors on occasion, but generally I don't think it would be as bad.

The worst is when it takes a little while for that 1017 to appear, as if it let you in.

I actually managed to login today, but when I spoke with Thancred I got a black screen and had to reboot =/

rezn0r

Wow I got a new variant of the 1017 error: This time it let me into queue and then progressed the queue. Then once I made it to the front it gave me a 1017. Previously if I had made it into queue I knew I was good to go, not anymore. Pretty sneaky SE.

Has anyone else experienced this new technique in error presentation?

I've gotten this all week, I am considering you lucky up until now. On a side note, today has been the worst for me as far as 1017s go. Usually I'm in by 7pm est spamming... not today

Wait, so part of the problem is that people are fucking IDLING in the server so they don't have to deal with waiting like the rest of us? FUCK THEM -__-

If you don't idle, it's practically impossible to play the game at peak times.

The problem is that everyone's caught onto this, making it hard for anyone to actually connect to the game at most times. If idling after a certain time resulted in you getting kicked from the server, I imagine Error 1017 would be far less common.

chrono01

Imagine the poor souls who don't idle. It's almost like its even more impossible or something.
I was logged in around 4 hours ago, playing quite happily. I had to leave for a short while so I logged out [it's the "decent" thing to do...right?].

I'm regretting that decision. ~_~

Kyzer

Banned
I like money. The fuck you expect me to do but sell crack and rob people?

Do what you gotta do namean.

(Log the fuck out people.)

I get paid minimum wage cuz I dropped out of school! The fuck you expect me to do but sell crack and rob people?

Do what you gotta do namean.

(Log the fuck out people.)

lol!

There are no morals in XIV, why do you think everyone runs around in their tighty whities?

ARR3.png

Joqu

I've been logging out like a nice Eorzean so far. Guess I'm not that bad of a person after all.

Or I don't want to fry my PS3.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Will run in window mode from now on, forever logged in. I left my PS2 on for days at a time running my bazaar lol

Ploid 3.0

ah. num lock :/

and , i guess youre not necessarily a douche if you stay logged in all day, but you're definitely at least SOME part of the problem.

Yeah I spent a few minutes trying to describe how this is much bigger than a few people changing their minds and being good guys by logging off. You will need to communicate to all the afkers to log off instead of idle. SE could put up a system message motivating people to not idle. Give them incentive to log out to free up space like Rested exp (this is in the game I think). With 2% of people changing their minds logging in will still be a lotto. It's up to square to make changes and fix things, making a working cue would be a good start if they can't do a quick auto logout idles patch.

Easy way to fix the idlers is to take down the servers for a few min. Disconnects everyone at once...

This sounds good. Announce that you are going to take the servers down for 30 minutes, though I wonder if that's a easy thing to do. Take it down and reboot? It could be a test for their maintenance at least.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm having too many visual glitches on ps3 that I think something might have been corrupted in the client download.

Is it safe to delete and redownload? I'm worried mostly about my account being tied up or whatnot to the client I originally downloaded. But I presume this is not an issue?

Robbler

Banned
I'm having too many visual glitches on ps3 that I think something might have been corrupted in the client download.

Is it safe to delete and redownload? I'm worried mostly about my account being tied up or whatnot to the client I originally downloaded. But I presume this is not an issue?

You can delete it and redownload. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

Lagunamov

People is reporting that kind of problems with the PS3 version.

Berordn

I bump into visual oddities all the time on the PC client so its probably nothing to worry about.

You can safely delete and reinstall though.

Jira

TIME OUT. You can close the water hatches? I'm usually a tank so I never paid any attention aside from trying desperately to keep hate on the flood of sahagin, but the DDs can run around and close the hatches?

Sad thing is when I played in beta I was the damn healer and I ran around closing them and healing the tank. Damn DPS can't ever do ANYTHING.

weevles

Wait wat...you can idle in the game all day long with no auto logout? Doesn't every MMO have a kick feature if it sees you afk for too long?

Ploid 3.0

I must review it in about one or two weeks, I think that it will get a 0 if I cannot create my character in a few days.

As it should since it had problems and you couldn't play it properly. It will probably work before two weeks though. Fates will be your friend for fast leveling to see what the endgame is like.

Jomjom

Banned
I know that the PS3 version isn't popping trophies for your progress from phase 4, but if I now play between PS3 and PC, will the PS3 dole out trophies based on what I did on the PC? Will I have to play only on the PS3 if I want the trophies?

Ploid 3.0

Epic late mission story stuff, best FF this gen? Looks like it. Too bad it's a MMO and I'd be spamming past them. Square went all out with this. I wish they put this kind of effort in single player FFs.

Jomjom

Banned
Epic late mission story stuff, best FF this gen? Looks like it. Too bad it's a MMO and I'd be spamming past them. Square went all out with this. I wish they put this kind of effort in single player FFs.

This was the case with FFXI as well. FFXI has arguably the best FF story in the entire series.

Robbler

Banned
I know that the PS3 version isn't popping trophies for your progress from phase 4, but if I now play between PS3 and PC, will the PS3 dole out trophies based on what I did on the PC? Will I have to play only on the PS3 if I want the trophies?

PS3 trophies are different than the achievements. So if you want the trophies you have to do the stuff in the PS3 version.

Jomjom

Banned
PS3 trophies are different than the achievements. So if you want the trophies you have to do the stuff in the PS3 version.

I've gotten a few trophies on the PS3 now like the "Kill your first monster" trophy. So if I now go and kill 100 monsters on the PC (towards the kill 1,000 monsters trophy) and then switch back to the PS3, it won't "remember" the 100 I killed on PC is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom