• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still having loads of fun, slow and steady I go!
Some random screenies;

ffxiv_28082013_023116_zpsd579d07a.png

Made a mad dash up here and eventually got one shotted by some sort of dragon

ffxiv_28082013_154207_zpsa3598679.png

Got some spiffy new armour for Gladiator

ffxiv_28082013_115738_zps2f9fa9a0.png

Kweh ^o^

ffxiv_28082013_150353_zps1e4095d5.png

Random troll out of nowhere!

Hoping to do my first dungeons this weekend :)

CLBridges

Phew! Just logged off after playing a few hours in Siren. Finally got my Archer up to level 20 and the game is opening up for me even more. Just traveled
on the Airship and made my way to Limsa Lominsa.
I have to get ready for work, so I stopped at the Inn and logged out. Can't wait to get off in the morning and see what new quests await!

Robbler

Banned
I've gotten a few trophies on the PS3 now like the "Kill your first monster" trophy. So if I now go and kill 100 monsters on the PC (towards the kill 1,000 monsters trophy) and then switch back to the PS3, it won't "remember" the 100 I killed on PC is that right?

I don't believe so. Because I've gotten the second quest achievement on the PC, and I didn't get the first quest achievement on PS3 until I did a quest there.

Animekatt

I'm having too many visual glitches on ps3 that I think something might have been corrupted in the client download.

Is it safe to delete and redownload? I'm worried mostly about my account being tied up or whatnot to the client I originally downloaded. But I presume this is not an issue?

Wow... I'm having those problems too. The game would always flash many colors before eventually making the screen black, forcing me to log out. I redownload the game again earlier today, but didnt get a chance to see if it was fixed.

So I think it's safe to say that login is random? the queue is an illusion. Sometimes it works instantly, when the person trying .23 milliseconds after me gets a 45 minute way, and someone clicking 1.2 seconds after that, someone is in queue 12 and in under 15 mins. im in so im happy. i'm never ever logging out!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
People is reporting that kind of problems with the PS3 version.

You can delete it and redownload. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

I bump into visual oddities all the time on the PC client so its probably nothing to worry about.

You can safely delete and reinstall though.

Thanks. I didn't know it was a prevalent issue with screen flickering. It's constant on PS3. The UI and any 2D menu overlays are fine, but there is constant visual oddities and glitches in the game world, mostly textures flickering and occasional floating triangles extending from objects. It's so distracting and literally happens all over. Every few minutes the whole game just turns black except for the UI so I am literally playing blind unless I load a new zone, or after a few minutes the 3D visuals pop back in. I thought it may be my PS3 finally giving out, but I tested several other games, including Last of Us and Xillia which I also downloaded off PSN and they are just fine! (PS3 60gb launch phat console here)

I googled for about 30 minutes trying to see if it was happening to others but came up with nothing. Felt like I was an isolated case, so I already deleted and started the painfully slow and lengthy download again(goddamn PSN).

I was just worried about any weird account errors with logging in on a fresh download, like "this account is tied to a different version if FFXIV". I mean that would be crazy, but this is Squeenix...

Brandon F

It pulled me away from Xillia and Dragon's Crown, both of which I was enjoying immensely and still have tons to do in. Can't get back into them now - ARR is just too good @_@

Yep, just bought Xillia a couple days ago and dig it, but after noticing this game was only $40 on PSN with a free trial month I bit out of curiosity. A couple hours later I am feeling the same addiction as I once did with vanilla WoW almost a decade ago.

Foofaraw

So I think it's safe to say that login is random? the queue is an illusion. Sometimes it works instantly, when the person trying .23 milliseconds after me gets a 45 minute way, and someone clicking 1.2 seconds after that, someone is in queue 12 and in under 15 mins. im in so im happy. i'm never ever logging out!

Both times I've gotten on today, it randomly gave me a queue of 2 and I was let in within a minute or so.

Edit, and now I'm in a queue of 225. I'll take it. Time to try and run Coppersomething.

Double Edit: Went to 224 then gave a world is full error. I'm a sad Moomba.

Animekatt

It pulled me away from Xillia and Dragon's Crown, both of which I was enjoying immensely and still have tons to do in. Can't get back into them now - ARR is just too good @_@

Same for me too. Last week I couldn't concentrate on playing either, because I kept thinking about the EA.

Thanks. I didn't know it was a prevalent issue with screen flickering. It's constant on PS3. The UI and any 2D menu overlays are fine, but there is constant visual oddities and glitches in the game world, mostly textures flickering and occasional floating triangles extending from objects. It's so distracting and literally happens all over. Every few minutes the whole game just turns black except for the UI so I am literally playing blind unless I load a new zone, or after a few minutes the 3D visuals pop back in. I thought it may be my PS3 finally giving out, but I tested several other games, including Last of Us and Xillia which I also downloaded off PSN and they are just fine! (PS3 60gb launch phat console here)

I googled for about 30 minutes trying to see if it was happening to others but came up with nothing. Felt like I was an isolated case, so I already deleted and started the painfully slow and lengthy download again(goddamn PSN).

I was just worried about any weird account errors with logging in on a fresh download, like "this account is tied to a different version if FFXIV". I mean that would be crazy, but this is Squeenix...

Those are the exact same problems I am having. All of what you mentioned came to be. I have a MGS4 80gb, and thought my system was getting old. But I remembered that during phase 3, it was working just fine (with the bad frame rates). I've asked others in my FC about it, but none seemed to know what I was talking about.

Ken

How long does it take to group as DPS? I've heard it takes a while but don't know what the person's definition of "a while" is.

edotlee

How long does it take to group as DPS? I've heard it takes a while but don't know what the person's definition of "a while" is.

Took me about an hour and a half to get a PT for Haukke Manor. I just do levequests, FATEs, and hunting logs while I wait.

MogCakes

I don't know myself, but as a tank during beta I had to wait a fair amount for the duty finder to get me a party. I much prefer just making a party on the spot, with the server populations as high as they are it shouldn't be too hard.

Brandon F

Same for me too. Last week I couldn't concentrate on playing either, because I kept thinking about the EA.

Those are the exact same problems I am having. All of what you mentioned came to be. I have a MGS4 80gb, and thought my system was getting old. But I remembered that during phase 3, it was working just fine (with the bad frame rates). I've asked others in my FC about it, but none seemed to know what I was talking about.

Ok, maybe it was a mistake to delete and redownload. Sounds like this is a patch fix on their end. Hopefully it isn't an issue involving phat PS3's only as no one really seems to be commenting on the problem on the internet for now.

Ken

Took me about an hour and a half to get a PT for Haukke Manor. I just do levequests, FATEs, and hunting logs while I wait.

Ah so you just queue up and can do other things and when you get a party you'll just teleport there? I was under the impression you had to stick around in a certain area by the instance entrance or something.

Heysoos

What am I doing wrong? There's all these level 23-25s in awesome armors and mounts, and here I am doing level 21 story quests at level 23 with still some level 15 armor pieces and no mount..

Ah so you just queue up and can do other things and when you get a party you'll just teleport there? I was under the impression you had to stick around in a certain area by the instance entrance or something.

Yeah, that's the beauty of DF-you can do useful stuff while waiting.

wrongway

It's been 30-50 minutes every time I queue as pugilist, but 1-5 seconds when I queue as conjurer.

I've heard it mentioned in guild chat that you can get in pretty quick if you start a partial party with a healer and/or tank.

edotlee

Yep, queue up and do whatever you want. You can even change jobs and craft. When the commence screen pops up you have 45 seconds to change to the appropriate job and accept.

Nice. Thanks :)

Eusis

It's been 30-50 minutes every time I queue as pugilist, but 1-5 seconds when I queue as conjurer.

I've heard it mentioned in guild chat that you can get in pretty quick if you start a partial party with a healer and/or tank.
That doesn't surprise me, DPS are dime a dozen afterall. I only ever even bother with DPS for those if I'm playing with others in the GAF FC, otherwise I'm a Gladiator.

renzo

So i can´t join any world with my new character because NA worlds aren´t acceptinig more, is this fixable by refreshing? or should i play something else untill next week =(

somesang

Well if there's one thing to say about ARR, it's that there's like no UI lag switching from an error message to the title screen. It's pretty impressive after seeing it a few hundred times.

d0c_zaius

any idea how to get around error 3102 that only occurs when signing in to NA characters? Pretty dumb that I can log into any JP character but any NA character tells me they are already logged in. so lame ...

I think I'm just about done trying to get this game to work properly.

Kainazzo

What's worse is the game will sometimes taunt you before giving the 1017. You login, click, the moogle pops up for juuuuust a moment- you think you've finally made it!

Then defeat, terrible defeat. Hopefully Square will memorialize this opening in a laboratory dungeon with an "Experiment Ten-Seventeen" boss.

MrTapion

Neo Member
What's worse is the game will sometimes taunt you before giving the 1017. You login, click, the moogle pops up for juuuuust a moment- you think you've finally made it!

Then defeat, terrible defeat. Hopefully Square will memorialize this opening in a laboratory dungeon with an "Experiment Ten-Seventeen" boss.

Yeah, it's like a kick in the nuts kinda. Moogle all happy with the mail in the corner, than 1017 pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom