• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKAllDay

Does anyone know if they have plans to implement more Egis for Summoners? For instance:

Even though you didn't fight him you still get the crystal for Ramuh. So they could have a fight with the Egi like they did Ifrit.

I mean three is cool and all. But I like diversity and it would be neat seeing different Summoners running around with different summons.

LtOrange

Finally got in and am experiencing some terrible lag. Some mad rubber banding and my abilities take awhile to land. Anyone else having these issues? This game is punishing me for wanting to play at every god damn turn....

Epcott

Actually made it on Ultros tonight and realized how far behind everyone in FC my THM is. Damn log in errors.

I logged out after dying in the instance with dark mage (?) and gargoyle (?), which sucks because I trounced them in beta 3. Went to Excalibur to level my ACN, but was greeted by my old friend 1017.

Tried to get back into Ultros... and well... World is full forever.

This game is killing my soul.

It seems that they've been letting people in more frequently today.

Today they throttled log-ins from very early in the day instead of all at once nearer to prime time. Earlier throttle but more regular queues seems to have helped with congestion a little. Less people playing from earlier means less of a hassle when everyone gets home from work. I think it was a good decision.

Really wish I could get that Phial of Fantasia early somehow. I really dislike my characters look. :(

Post a picture?

Have you guys been having fun today? I'm moving and am about halfway finished. I don't anticipate I'll be able to play again until tomorrow night after work.

Tell me of your adventures.

Skilletor

I've been trying to get in for two hours. Everytime it looks like I'm about to get in, I get a lost connection to server error. I'm ready to just give up and wait for them to sort this bullshit out.

What's the fastest way to earn GC seals when you're only level 20? Is it fates? If so, where's the best place for level 20 characters to tackle fates? I'm at Upper La Noscea right now.

antitrop

Post a picture?

Have you guys been having fun today? I'm moving and am about halfway finished. I don't anticipate I'll be able to play again until tomorrow night after work.

Tell me of your adventures.
Not being able to log in and bitching about it in this thread. I'm Level 5, I was able to do a few of the basic quests on Saturday night and since then it's just been nothing but downtime for my free time.

mackaveli

Did you guys change the control s for targeting in this game?

How do you target with Keyboard/mouse on PC? I am having a hard time targetting during fate hunting I can barely hit anything.

I'm a monk btw.

Soroc

I guess my luck ran out. Was able to log in within 5 minutes of trying the last 2 days. Punched in the face repeatedly by 1017 today :( I'm giving up, hopefully I'll get back in tomorrow.

teiresias

Welp, that was a horrible first dungeon/party experience in Sastasha. Everyone keeps running everywhere pulling everything not letting me pull as the tank, and on top of that we tried the second fight with the Captain like ten times, but since we were a party with no healer there was absolutely no way I could survive it since I was pulling all the hate of his two guards and the captain.

Ugh, just awful.

I do think I need to log on tomorrow and switch to KB/M and some do some leves and random quests to learn KB/M controls (since I've only used controller so far). I felt like I was fumbling all over the place trying to target and was ending up at the wrong crossbar all the time. My targeting filters kept changing around for some reason as well, not sure why. Oh well. I raged quit out after a while, lol.

Skilletor

Yay I'm in queue...

wtf.png~original

OH WAIT NOPE!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Is there a guide for how to get the other Egi? Do you have to have SMN unlocked or can you do it on ACN?

I do have to say, I don't much care for the look of the Egi. Carbuncle looks normal, but the Egi look so dumbed down. I realize they can't be their normal version, but still.

And they are so tiny. My hopes for a Fenrir summon that you can ride is gone.

1017 has been a problem since the beginning of EA.... Im starting to feel the 'hey its an mmo launch' excuse is wearing thin on something as simple as letting you queue/stay in queue for the server... regardless of how high your wait time might be.

Have loved the damn game every second I've been able to play, but just give me a damn queue so I can do other things while I wait for my turn to play ffs.

EDIT: And I just noticed I at some point became a member after 2 years of being on board! haha

aett

I just got a new video card today (Geforce GTX 650 ti) and was experimenting with different graphic settings. Best look with the highest FPS, etc. etc.

I noticed something weird. Selecting certain preset levels (Max, High (Desktop), etc) affected my performance differently than if I selected Custom and made those exact same changes myself. Like, if I tried to duplicate the settings for High (Desktop), I would get around 45-55 FPS in Limsa Lominsa, but if I selected High again, my FPS drops down to 30-35. Even reducing a bunch of settings from there makes little difference.

Does anyone else have a weird problem like that? Hopefully I can find a nice balance between quality and performance.

so got bored of mashing and wrote a simple script.

F1::

Loop
{

Send {Numpad0}
Sleep 3000
}

for autohotkey.

came back from the gym... was logged in.

had it press every 3 seconds because i'm not sure what kind of bot detection the game has.

I literally (literally) haven't played a single minute of the game since launch. Came just to post this.

Glad Square Enix broke some bullshit concurrent user record.

aceface

Ok, I've been playing this on Early Access since Saturday on the PS3. Just got the disk in the mail through amazon today. How do I register it to get the 30 days free? I put the registration code that came with the disk into the PSN store and now it wants me to download the whole 6.3GB client again. Do I really have to do that?? My feeble brain can't figure this out.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
and I missed it :jnc

I've been playing on Phoenix - they better let free server transfers happen for at least one character after this bullshit haha

Break seems to be at minute :53. REally. I've gotten in twice at that time.

Side note... WHERE DO I GET MY << GAF >> tag :p! I want it... I wanna be a cool guy

Pollux

Break seems to be at minute :53. REally. I've gotten in twice at that time.

Side note... WHERE DO I GET MY << GAF >> tag :p! I want it... I wanna be a cool guy

So theoretically I should be able to create my character on Ultros in about....49 minutes?

mackaveli

and I missed it :jnc

I've been playing on Phoenix - they better let free server transfers happen for at least one character after this bullshit haha

Try at night time when there are less people.

My brother made 8 characters on Ultro's at midnight or so when people were sleeping even though the character registration was supposed to be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom