• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

Got to 28 today... was hoping to get 30/WHM, but I can do it tomorrow. "It's Not Lupus"/Cancer FATE was fun, got a cute little crab pet.

Having finally spent some quality time with the game I can honestly say its hooking me more than I thought it would.

As a FFXI lifer (or no-lifer because I played too much of it :p) I honestly thought it was a blessing in disguise 1.0 being shit so I never wanted to play it very much. Now I'm worried about getting addicted again. :(

I'm a forever console player so having a proper console version helps immensely, the game is making me feel old though as I can't read the text in the NPC chat bubbles very well. I've discovered how to make everything else bigger (which is wonderful SE! so much customizations in the UI is amazing!) but yeah, the NPC chat bubble text is waay too small for me and I can't seem to figure out how to change that.

teiresias

Someone suggested instead of using the Duty Finder, gather a party on the spot since there will be people waiting there.

I joined a party put together by someone instead of going through the Duty Finder for Sastasha tonight (didn't know any better) and it was a complete bomb since they didn't get anyone that could heal. Now that I know better, next time I try it I'll use the Duty Finder. I think I'm going to head to Ul'dah and start on Gladiator though.

Pollux

Hey...HEY...guys. Guess what, guys????

Finally got a character created on Ultros. Now 1017 a few times and hopefully I'll be on.

Anyone on that can invite me to the guild or w/e it's called?

Ok, I've been playing this on Early Access since Saturday on the PS3. Just got the disk in the mail through amazon today. How do I register it to get the 30 days free? I put the registration code that came with the disk into the PSN store and now it wants me to download the whole 6.3GB client again. Do I really have to do that?? My feeble brain can't figure this out.

If you were playing early access then no you don't have to do that. Just use the client you already downloaded.

daveo42

Banned
Bah, got a queue message and then kicked. I just got home and want to tty to log in for some quests...but it's already 1130pm. I wish I wasn't that busy in the middle of the week. :/

Stoof

Does anyone else get random huge fps drops after a while? Usually every 30 minutes the screen goes black for a second and then the game is down to 7-9 fps. I'm running it on a GTX 670 so it shouldn't have any problems. :/

Moaradin

Does anyone else get random huge fps drops after a while? Usually every 30 minutes the screen goes black for a second and then the game is down to 7-9 fps. I'm running it on a GTX 670 so it shouldn't have any problems. :/

Sounds like GPU drivers died.

Teletraan1

Banned

I had that when I tried OCing my 670, went back to stock and haven't have a problem since. The driver would crash, setting my voltages back to default for some reason. I was only getting a couple frames increase anyway so it wasn't worth the extra heat/noise. I am on the newest beta drivers and they actually did increase my performance in this game.

Try updating your drivers, that was happening to me and my friend suggested it and it seemed to do the trick!

KuroNeeko

How much of a presence does GAF have on Durandal? The player list in the OP only has shows two people playing on the JP servers. I'd rather hook up with some GAFfers, but if there's no one on, I'll probably just go to one of the new, non-legacy servers.

For the millionth time, don't chose your GC based on its gear's stats. You won't be wearing much of it except for show.

Yeah, just go with what you like. Once you start down the dark road of MIN/MAXing, it will leech the fun out of the game.

They gotta save some jobs for the expansions. :p

WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE INCLUDED THIEF!? The one class I wanted and it's gone. I could have lived with Red Mage but NO!

wrongway

I had that when I tried OCing my 670, went back to stock and haven't have a problem since. The driver would crash, setting my voltages back to default for some reason. I was only getting a couple frames increase anyway so it wasn't worth the extra heat/noise. I am on the newest beta drivers and they actually did increase my performance in this game.

I haven't had the black screen part, but I have had a few occasions where the game drops to 1 fps for a good 6-8 seconds and my harddrive light goes berserk. Makes me think the drive that the game's installed on is getting so little activity that it's parking and going to sleep. :/

Edit: derp, quoted the wrong post. Tired + posting on the phone. :[

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm tempted to pull out my Hori Turbo Controller and go to bed with hit automatically hitting the A button. I figure while I'm asleep I'll finally get in and won't have to worry when I wake up.

-edit-

What's this?! IM IN QUE?! :OOOOO

-edit2-

Dear sweet merciful Neptune....

pAuKpbR.png

-edit3-

1017 Error -mashes head on desk-

-edit4-

Back to my original plan with the Hori controller.

gribbles

Banned

It's a known bug, wait for SE to fix it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

I did. And I have an SLI 670 set up. I got the latest drivers from NVidia's support site and the problem has not happened again, and that was 2 or 3 days ago.

Teletraan1

Banned
I am not really loving WHM. Although I am only 42. I think I am going to get my SCH going. There seems like there is a lot of movement involved in the dungeons so having 1 spell I can cast and move is kind of bleh. Stoneskin while great for soloing goes away after 1 hit in a dungeon on the tank. It needs to have charges or something for a spell that lasts 30m, is as expensive as Cure II and takes longer to cast to go away so quickly. I hope it scales better at 50 since it is based off the targets HP because it was pretty worthless at 40.

Stoof

I did. And I have an SLI 670 set up. I got the latest drivers from NVidia's support site and the problem has not happened again, and that was 2 or 3 days ago.

Try updating your drivers, that was happening to me and my friend suggested it and it seemed to do the trick!

Yeah, downloading the beta drivers to see if it helps. Thanks for the replies!

Qvoth

I'm tempted to pull out my Hori Turbo Controller and go to bed with hit automatically hitting the A button. I figure while I'm asleep I'll finally get in and won't have to worry when I wake up.

-edit-

What's this?! IM IN QUE?! :OOOOO

-edit2-

Dear sweet merciful Neptune....

pAuKpbR.png

-edit3-

1017 Error -mashes head on desk-

-edit4-

Back to my original plan with the Hori controller.

holy shit dat q
am so glad i live in a different timezone with you guys, highest q i've been was 130ish and i got in within 15 seconds

ReaperXL7

Lol SE just cannit catch a break with this game. Everything they post on facebook at this point is met with hordes of angry people not able to play the game. Its a shame too because its clear from the little time I had with the Beta that they really put allot into fixing the game. Its really good from what I could tell, but this server stuff being as big as it is does not help peoples opinion of a game that launched, and failed once already.

I hope SE can sort it out.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Logged off. Gotta be nice since tomorrow I won't be around the whole day. I have some questions though!

1) How do I get my GAF tag? :p!
2) I am a THM.... If I use Blizzard a few times I get this cool Umbral Ice thing. SHould I keep spamming Blizzard for better effect or should I switch to say... FIreball or Thunder? That game mechanic has me confused.

Kokonoe

Banned
Endless "Now Loading" to which I had to restart the client.

TO HECK WITH YOU, SE! My controller is working right now and I don't have to do anything. Eventually I'll get in, and I'll never log out!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Pollux

And, I'm in. Thanks for the invite!

I'm on PS3 so I can't really do much chatting in the guild window. Don't have a mic either...will probably get one this weekend though.

Lyonaz

I got my main character to 30 and unlocked Summoner, I played till 2 AM, only got 3 hours sleep and now I have work. This game is going to make fall asleep at work :(

hamchan

Ah well, at least I get to play all my other games when the servers are full and then play FFXIV at night when Americans have all gone to sleep.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Forgot this game was up. I'm downloading now.

LtOrange

I am technically challenged and need some help. Everytime I try and play I get really bad lag.....abilities take forever to go off, interactions with npcs are delayed, and players rubberband around me constantly. I can't seem to find anyone else running into this issue, so I am guessing it is on my end. This is only happening with this game and none of my others. I have decent Internet and am so confused why I am running into this issue. If anyone could give me some ideas what could be causing this I would really appreciate it.

I am technically challenged and need some help. Everytime I try and play I get really bad lag.....abilities take forever to go off, interactions with npcs are delayed, and players rubberband around me constantly. I can't seem to find anyone else running into this issue, so I am guessing it is on my end. This is only happening with this game and none of my others. I have decent Internet and am so confused why I am running into this issue. If anyone could give me some ideas what could be causing this I would really appreciate it.
It is a server issue.

Darkman M

Whats your pc specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom