• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheContact

Oh, I have no clue how it works if you enter your 18 digit code and you say you want a PS3 code. My instructions were for PC.

The 18 digit code with PS3 gives you a 12 digit code, not a 20 digit, but it's the same thing, it's just that the PSN uses 12 characters and the website for PC uses 20

dwix

Already entered the 18-digit on that site and I got a 12-digit PSN code, which I used.

So, I won't get a 20-digit code to enter in this site https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/ffxivearlytop?rgn=na ? I never got a 10-digit code either :(

Whoa, I never got a link :(

It was 4 hours ago.

Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were on PS3. I'm not sure how that works, though I would imagine that the 12 digit PSN code was for the client? Seems like you should still receive a 20 digit code. Try checking your PSN messages or google search it? Not sure.

Ok now I'm worried. I have no idea why my na.square-enix.com/en/account/ page doesn't have any of my SE games registered except for the PS3 version of ARR. I'm a legacy member, with 1.0CE and nearly 12 SE games. Is this happening to anybody else?

BTW thanks Forrester and dwix :(

Probably released in the first expansion. I think I remember Yoshida saying something like that. I think he also mentioned new races.

I remember the bit about races, yeah. One of my friends want Viera.

Personally, I want Gria.

GIVE ME PLAYABLE DRAGONGIRLS, SQUARE-ENIX

edotlee

Hmm.. haven't got my early access code for the PS3 yet. If I don't get it by the end of work tomorrow I'm going to start panicking.

wrongway

Alrighty, I did the whole Codeception, code-within-a-code nonsense. I think I'm registered. Maybe. Who knows? ¯\(°_o)/¯

Fingers crossed for Saturday.

A few new quotes from devs/community reps on the Beta forums:

Regarding Aetherytes near Housing zones (Mist) said:
Forgot to lock your house door? Perhaps you think you left the stove on? It sure would be nice to get home in hurry for cases like these, yeah?

One of the objects you’ll be able to place around your house is an aetheryte that will function much like the ones found around Eorzea. This will allow you to set it as a home point and use "Return" to head home in a flash.

Regarding quest tracking said:
After having a discussion with the development team about the check boxes in your journals that were deleted in Beta Test phase 4, they've decided to look at this again based on a large volume of feedback.

Once we receive word about official implementation we will be sure to let you all know!

Sadly, looks like the ability to 'untrack' quest wasn't a bug, it's something they intentionally took out :( Why would something so simple like that be cut... especially when certain quest can't be abandoned forcing us to keep it on our HUD until we actually complete it.

Just let me be a ninja again SE. It's a classic FF job and my absolute favorite (V made it really awesome), let's bring it back!

As long as it's not a stupid tank like in FFXI.

My heart sank when I found out that Ninja was used for tanking in that game. I wanted a high level monk and a high level ninja so bad when I first picked it up.

Hopefully when they introduce a new tank, they'll do something really unique. I've been waiting for an MMO to introduce a mage tank. Attacks with spells, wears cloth, uses magic to supplement the fact that, well, he's a mage.

I'd really like to play a tank like that.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Not to mention none of this is gonna matter in a month when 80% of GAF drops the game and it ends up being the same exact crew rolling as it was in 1.0.

While a decent number of people will drop it like happens with most mmo's, I really think we'll end up with a healthy number of people playing it still down the line.

Ferrio

Banned

My heart sank when I found out that Ninja was used for tanking in that game. I wanted a high level monk and a high level ninja so bad when I first picked it up.

Hopefully when they introduce a new tank, they'll do something really unique. I've been waiting for an MMO to introduce a mage tank. Attacks with spells, wears cloth, uses magic to supplement the fact that, well, he's a mage.

2 tanks already though. How many support classes are there currently? Bard?

rockx4

Sadly, looks like the ability to 'untrack' quest wasn't a bug, it's something they intentionally took out :( Why would something so simple like that be cut... especially when certain quest can't be abandoned forcing us to keep it on our HUD until we actually complete it.

Yea it seemed weird that the option to select quests to track was missing.

Agreed. When I think ninjas, I'm not thinking of some darn tanks. I'm thinking of the dual bladed terrors from V that wracked up stupid amounts of damage by throwing the kitchen sink and spoons, while evading a bunch of physical attacks with image and blasting the foe with mid level elemental spells. Give me THOSE guys.

I'd be happy if Mystic Knights were the magic tanks.

2 tanks already though. How many support classes are there currently? Bard?

Fair point as well. Didn't they say they're gonna bring in Red Mage sometime also?

Edit:

Agreed. When I think ninjas, I'm not thinking of some darn tanks. I'm thinking of the dual bladed terrors from V that wracked up stupid amounts of damage by throwing the kitchen sink and spoons, while evading a bunch of physical attacks with image and blasting the foe with mid level elemental spells. Give me THOSE guys.

You and I should be friends.

Bard and Scholar

Bard is more of a dps class now than true support, imo. The songs add a bit of support to the group, but with how fast they drain MP, I don't think you can have them up all that often. They even removed Conjurer as a subclass for it. Scholar is more support than anything else in the game - it has some cool spells/utility.

They should really change Bard's Limit Break (unless they did, and I just didn't notice).

Leunam

Sounds a lot like what we have now. Can't be helped that they made great evasion tanks though.

Well i had the Asuran Armguards onion helm and boots i believe of some kind on my original account and basically chat didn't want to help me at all about moving the codes to new account or merging even though I have had an account since release of ffxi.

I even donated for Japan relief fund to get moogle hat in ffxi.

Sad panda =(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well i had the Asuran Armguards onion helm and boots i believe of some kind on my original account and basically chat didn't want to help me at all about moving the codes to new account or merging even though I have had an account since release of ffxi.

I even donated for Japan relief fund to get moogle hat in ffxi.

Sad panda =(

Square Enix support is horrible. I had a Click and Buy issue one month, got it straightened out with them quickly, but it took over a month for SE to unban my FFXI account.

Sounds a lot like what we have now. Can't be helped that they made great evasion tanks though.

Yes but often you still didn't want monsters going after your ninjas because while they could use Image, it would only last for so long and once the enemy laid a hit on them, goodbye Ninja. Just look at poor Edge, was there any other position that guy was in but face first in the dirt? I'm much more comfortable having someone with a ton of armor be the tank.

WoW sorta had the whole mage tank thing going for certain encounters. I remember using Warlock tanks for Serpent Shrine, The Eye and Sunwell. Fun shit... It would definitely be interesting to see SE try out that route.

Bard and Scholar

At this point, I wouldn't classify any job as support. Unless our definitions of support are drastically different, I don't see how scholar is any different then white mage in that regard. Might as well call them healers. As for BRD... they provide a single group buff now (that drains MP pretty fast, so it won't be permanent), and they can't slot CNJ spells anymore.

Support classes don't exist in this game (yet).

Kyoufu

Yes but often you still didn't want monsters going after your ninjas because while they could use Image, it would only last for so long and once the enemy laid a hit on them, goodbye Ninja. Just look at poor Edge, was there any other position that guy was in but face first in the dirt? I'm much more comfortable having someone with a ton of armor be the tank.

Only bad Ninjas get hit bro.

That being said, I was a PLD/WAR and it was my preferred tanking job. I don't think there will be another MMO with a tank as fun as PLD was.

I ordered through the PSN. I don't know if I'm supposed to receive an email or it just kicks in automatically.

Oh, then you have automatic early access. You don't need to do anything.

Ferrio

Banned
So ya, where on your account info can you see if your code actually worked. Nothing changed even after registering the 20 digit.

All I got was the 12 digit PSN code as well. Maybe we're not supposed to get a 20-digit code?

And this is becoming a major problem for me - maybe you too Reveirg - I'm a legacy account member that will be playing this game on both the PC and the PS3. I own both copies of the game but I only pre-ordered a PS3 version.

Here's the problem I have after entering the 18-digit code and getting the 12-digit code to download the PS3 early access client: I have no way of checking my account to see if I have this:

My account at http://na.square-enix.com/en/account shows one game, PS3 ARR, and does not list any of the pre-order bonuses or any of my PC ARR, 1.0CE, Onion Helm, etc.

I need some help :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
WoW sorta had the whole mage tank thing going for certain encounters. I remember using Warlock tanks for Serpent Shrine, The Eye and Sunwell. Fun shit... It would definitely be interesting to see SE try out that route.

At this point, I wouldn't classify any job as support. Unless our definitions of support are drastically different, I don't see how scholar is any different then white mage in that regard. Might as well call them healers. As for BRD... they provide a single group buff now (that drains MP pretty fast, so it won't be permanent), and they can't slot CNJ spells anymore.

Support classes don't exist in this game (yet).

You dont see how a class throwing down an AoE circle that reduces all damage taken in it by 90% for 15 seconds every 30 seconds, a class that gives damage absorption bubbles on heals equal to their heals,a class that removes 15% STR,INT,MND,DEX from any target, and has a pet that gives spell and skill moves 30% haste is a support class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom