• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokonoe

Banned
LOL

eyNz5Z8.png

Feels so good to finally be able to play after all this time. Although, I'm getting tired, so I'll continue more tomorrow.

alternade

So is it basically futile to get into this game right now!? Been trying for a solid hour but only 1017!

Square, get your shit together!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LOL

eyNz5Z8.png

Feels so good to finally be able to play after all this time. Although, I'm getting tired, so I'll continue more tomorrow.

Someone named themselves after that god forsaken place?

I swear...I think I've spent months there. Months.

Kokonoe

Banned
Someone named themselves after that god forsaken place?

I swear...I think I've spent months there. Months.

I spent weeks there, but that's just how it was in FFXI if you were RDM or THF (I was both at first) lol. At least, before Book Burn parties. (Fields of Valor). I use to think the place was heck on earth until I was more established. I still never enjoyed leveling there, well, much.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I spent weeks there, but that's just how it was in FFXI if you were RDM or THF (I was both at first) lol. At least, before Book Burn parties. (Fields of Valor). I use to think the place was heck on earth until I was more established. I still never enjoyed leveling there, well, much.

When the books came around (and the level matching function) came around, people still loved to force others to level there.

Still, that matching level thing was sorely needed. The first couple years of XI were a nightmare, forcing you to stick to XP parties as if you were married to them. Else your doomed to trying to LFP for hours/days.

Dammit, I'm rambling about XI. You can't get me, FFXI, I won't let you!

koji kabuto

When they will allow us to create new characters in NA servers?
I was trying to Convince my friend from 1.0 that the game is good now and everything is alright and he should give the game a second chance to be welcomed with the NA/EU servers issues lol.

gillty

Banned
Alright I guess I will just wait it out then. Thanks!
Seems like routing issues from you to the servers.

Try a character on a JP server for a bit, since you're in San Diego the latency difference between Japan and Montreal where the NA servers happen to be located should be comparable.

WolvenOne

Taking a quick break to refresh myself and do some laundry, then I've got just a few story quests to finish up before fighting Ifrit. I'm really looking forward to that, I know he isn't much for experienced MMO players, but I had a lot of fun fighting him in Phase 3.

I managed to get on early tonight, around 9PM, a couple hours earlier than yesterday. As such, I've already had time to go through Halatali, and grab some new armor. I also had an, interesting little experience with a Leve. Right after starting, I was 9000'd out. Frantically tried login several times, got back in, and still managed to beat the Leve fast enough to get the fast completion bonus. XD

Anyhow, I better finish what I'm doing. I don't want to leave my character idling more than fifteen minutes, not after being so critical of idlers in the past.

antitrop

The soundtrack is so good.

Really "feels" like Final Fantasy music, which is surprising. It's unfortunate that it's surprising, but ya know... no Nobuo.

what are the best target filter settings for battle? i had two summoners in a group today and their damn pets screwed with my targeting.

every other option is clear, but filter settings just confuse me.....

NeOak

Well, I barely have time to play now and my friend is leveling quite fast, so I'm left alone because my friend wants to experience the content asap.

I'm considering quitting (haven't registered the key yet) since I'll have to solo quest and grind alone, which was what I hoped to avoid by playing with my friend.

Is there something that can be done so I don't feel left in the dust because I can't play that much?

LtOrange

Seems like routing issues from you to the servers.

Try a character on a JP server for a bit, since you're in San Diego the latency difference between Japan and Montreal where the NA servers happen to be located should be comparable.

Players were still stuttering all around me on the JP server, but my abilities launched when I wanted them to. Still seemed off to me though.

Eyothrie

Is there a way to set RT and LT (R2 and L2 on PS3) to toggle on/off instead of having to hold them in to attack/cast spells? Would be more comfortable to me

Totakeke

On selling items to the market using retainers, what is the supposed method of determining market price when talking to the retainer? Are you supposed to check the market board -> write down the prices -> then call your retainer and put in the prices?

Is that supposed to be the way how it's done? Seems tedious... can you even call your retainer at the markets?

Also, what does the Max value on foodstuff buffs mean? Mean you can get a % increase to a stat but it only gives to the maximum value indicated?

Hubb

On selling items to the market using retainers, what is the supposed method of determining market price when talking to the retainer? Are you supposed to check the market board -> write down the prices -> then call your retainer and put in the prices?

yeah...

I wish they'd just have a regular auction house.

Well, I barely have time to play now and my friend is leveling quite fast, so I'm left alone because my friend wants to experience the content asap.

I'm considering quitting (haven't registered the key yet) since I'll have to solo quest and grind alone, which was what I hoped to avoid by playing with my friend.

Is there something that can be done so I don't feel left in the dust because I can't play that much?

He can always level sync down to help you out with dungeons, etc.

apricot

Couldn't your friend switch to one of the classes he/she hasn't been leveling so much? That way they can still power through the game in another class but work through it slowly with a different class with you.

Well, this is going to sound stupid, but... where is the Paladin quest NPC? I'm at 40 and I guess it's about time to get some new skills. I forgot where he is, though.

Mature

Haven't had much time to play, but managed to squeeze in Darkhold with some friends:
It wasn't especially hard, but having done it for the first time without knowing the tricks made it a bit more challenging.

Kyon

Banned
Having an issue.

Just got done getting my GC chocobo in Gridania I'm level 23.

The next main scenerio quest didnt pop up.....

Been looking all over for it and it didnt show up. Is it a glitch or am I not leveled enough?

expel

Have you checked with Minfilia ? The thing about quests from Minfilia is that they dont have a quest sign on map at all...

KuroNeeko

I guess it depends on whether you're enjoying the game or not. There isn't much you can do if your friend is set on seeing late-game content at a pace that's faster than your own.

If you're enjoying the game then you could -

1) Try looking for other people to group with.

I've done this before in WoW. When I first started back in Vanilla, I chose an RPG server on Emerald Dream and just stayed in character whenever I helped people out. I met a lot of people that way who were just soloing through the areas and eventually I became friends with a few of them.

2) Look for a more casual guild

Look around for a guild that fits your playstyle. I'm sure they're out there.

3) Wait it out

I imagine that your friend will eventually calm down a bit once that new shine starts rubbing off of everything. After a while, who you're doing things with will become more important than what you're doing.

4) Change servers or hook up with the GAF hivemind

Plenty of people to play with in GAF.

If you're not really into the game, then there's no shame in putting it down.

From our Free Company website:

Gather Against Fate has welcomed our 512th member. This means the Free Company is officially full!

As a temporary measure, we will begin inviting users into an overflow Linkshell and will gradually begin transferring those members to the Free Company as space becomes available. As much as we regret to do this, due to the high demand and the amount of players trying to get in, we will begin removing inactive users from the Free Company. To be fair, we will not begin enforcing this policy until the login and server issues have been fully resolved and stabilized.

When we begin this maintenance policy, please do not take it personally if you are removed. We want to give everyone a chance to participate and contribute to the Free Company. If you are removed, please contact an officer and we will add you to one of the overflow Linkshells until we can transfer you back in. As a former Free Company member, you will be given priority when space becomes available.

There will be a thread in the Members forum for posting a leave of absence. If you are leaving for any extended amount of time, please post in the thread to notify our officers. We will take these into consideration when reviewing our roster and will not remove any members that have notified us in advance.

Send a /tell to any of our leaders while in-game for an invite to the Linkshell. Hopefully we will be able to transfer you over soon!

LEADERS
Capelle Percipere
Maple Cookie
Safflower Amariyo
Strawberry Shortcake
Xarielle Randgris

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
From our Free Company website:

Send a /tell to any of our leaders while in-game for an invite to the Linkshell. Hopefully we will be able to transfer you over soon!

LEADERS
Capelle Percipere
Maple Cookie
Safflower Amariyo
Strawberry Shortcake
Xarielle Randgris

noooooooooooooooooo

NeOak

He can always level sync down to help you out with dungeons, etc.

True, but questing alone and doing levemates alone sucks.

Couldn't your friend switch to one of the classes he/she hasn't been leveling so much? That way they can still power through the game in another class but work through it slowly with a different class with you.

That's what we are considering, but I still can't get over the "I'm the limp keeping my friend back"

I guess it depends on whether you're enjoying the game or not. There isn't much you can do if your friend is set on seeing late-game content at a pace that's faster than your own.

If you're enjoying the game then you could -

1) Try looking for other people to group with.

I've done this before in WoW. When I first started back in Vanilla, I chose an RPG server on Emerald Dream and just stayed in character whenever I helped people out. I met a lot of people that way who were just soloing through the areas and eventually I became friends with a few of them.

2) Look for a more casual guild

Look around for a guild that fits your playstyle. I'm sure they're out there.

3) Wait it out

I imagine that your friend will eventually calm down a bit once that new shine starts rubbing off of everything. After a while, who you're doing things with will become more important than what you're doing.

4) Change servers or hook up with the GAF hivemind

Plenty of people to play with in GAF.

If you're not really into the game, then there's no shame in putting it down.

We are on Lamia atm due to being impossible to play on Ultros. Heck, the Ultros GAF guild mumble server is mine lol.

I have like an hour or two to play during the weekdays due to work and college. So

1. I'd rather not PUG alone. I know its new but soloing it's... boring to me. I gave it a shot.
2. We were thinking of making our own small guild while we wait for server transfers to come up with a friend of my friend who joined us on the server.
3. I guess I could, but in the end I would quit anyway.
4. 1037. So not an option atm.

Sorry if I seem unreasonable guys, but I felt like shit getting left behind because my friend wants to experience the game and due to my limited amount of time I can only be casual. I know its not my fault, but its frustrating and the game just launched, so its even more frustrating lol.

Qvoth

Having an issue.

Just got done getting my GC chocobo in Gridania I'm level 23.

The next main scenerio quest didnt pop up.....

Been looking all over for it and it didnt show up. Is it a glitch or am I not leveled enough?

getting gc chocobo is actually a "side" story quest
yes it had the flaming quest sign symbol that shows it's storyline quest, but it's not the main story quest

try speaking with minfilia?

LOL

eyNz5Z8.png

dungeoned with him few days ago, haha

Reknoc

Is that supposed to be the way how it's done? Seems tedious... can you even call your retainer at the markets?

Also, what does the Max value on foodstuff buffs mean? Mean you can get a % increase to a stat but it only gives to the maximum value indicated?

You can check the history of an item on the market and see what its sold for in the past.

Tarazet

Got in with no queue, and did main-line quests for a few hours trying to burn through rested XP on my main class before I switched to leveling GLA to unlock WAR. Finally I asked in /shout since my bar wouldn't budge, and someone told me that you only use it by killing mobs. Hrff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom