• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
TPVyUv2.jpg

I finally got a look that I really like on my 30 Conjurer, and am in the process of finishing the quest to unlock White Mage. What are everyones' impressions of the Arcanist? I really hated my time playing one as a prereq. for WHM. =/

Kyon

Banned
getting gc chocobo is actually a "side" story quest
yes it had the flaming quest sign symbol that shows it's storyline quest, but it's not the main story quest

try speaking with minfilia?

Won't let me enter the sands to talk to her

EDIT: o it just took a bit to load

I finally got a look that I really like on my 30 Conjurer, and am in the process of finishing the quest to unlock White Mage. What are everyones' impressions of the Arcanist? I really hated my time playing one as a prereq. for WHM. =/

I've said this a few times in this thread, but I love ACN. Such a fun class to me. I'm going to have to keep my eye out on other dot casters. The WoW Warlock wasn't this fun.

Pugilist is still my main though. Can't wait to play again tomorrow!

KuroNeeko

I've said this a few times in this thread, but I love ACN. Such a fun class to me. I'm going to have to keep my eye out on other dot casters. The WoW Warlock wasn't this fun.

Pugilist is still my main though. Can't wait to play again tomorrow!

Oooh. I'll definitely look into it then. Petless, dot-heavy builds were among my favorites back in WoW. :D

By the way, what is it that you like about Pugilist? What do they bring to the table - massive damage? I subbed monk for a while back in vanilla FFXI just because I couldn't find anything to go with Thief. Just seemed like a bunch of fistacuffs with some chakra thrown in.

Rafterman

Banned
So what's the general consensus on tank classes? I've never played one but I thought I might go for Paladin. Are they pretty solid and is that a good choice for my first tank class?

desverger

By the way, what is it that you like about Pugilist? What do they bring to the table - massive damage? I subbed monk for a while back in vanilla FFXI just because I couldn't find anything to go with Thief. Just seemed like a bunch of fistacuffs with some chakra thrown in.

For me, pugilists are kinda like rogues of other mmos. You have absurdly high attack speed and low global cooldown (with greased lightning stacks up), and you always have to be mindful of your own position in regard of the enemy.

The pugilist guild quest line is also absolutely hilarious :p

Reknoc

Thought I'd try and buy my 3 month sub before leaving for work but its down for maintenance. Am I cursed to never get a cool mount lol

weevles

Oops, I can't buy the game because Square halted digital orders until they add more servers.

I don't think an MMO has ever gone right at launch. >_<

nikos

I'm also a Conjurer going for WHM. Playing as an Arcanist wasn't too bad IMO, but questing in and around Limsa was absolutely dreadful. There are some nice views, but trying to navigate those areas on foot while not knowing where to get new quests made for a bad experience.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Three nights in a row I've logged onto Lamia-US with no queue and no problems. Just hopped right in...

expel

For me, pugilists are kinda like rogues of other mmos. You have absurdly high attack speed and low global cooldown (with greased lightning stacks up), and you always have to be mindful of your own position in regard of the enemy.

The pugilist guild quest line is also absolutely hilarious :p
Yes! Master Hamon rocks!

Zand

Neo Member
On selling items to the market using retainers, what is the supposed method of determining market price when talking to the retainer? Are you supposed to check the market board -> write down the prices -> then call your retainer and put in the prices?

Is that supposed to be the way how it's done? Seems tedious... can you even call your retainer at the markets?

Also, what does the Max value on foodstuff buffs mean? Mean you can get a % increase to a stat but it only gives to the maximum value indicated?

There is button at the top of the window that opens when price items you want to sell. That button will open a window with a list of recent prices for that item. Very simple.

WolvenOne

Why do I keep getting screen tearing? I have v-sync and triple buffering turned on via nVidia control panel and have a locked 60 FPS in-game.

Not sure, haven't been getting it in mine, and I'm mostly ignoring those features. Just sticking to the 60fps lock that's build into the game.

Daante

Any graphic performance guides out there? , like witch one of the graphical options that you can uncheck so you get optimal performance and steady 60 FPS? ,

My rig: i5-3570k @ 3,4ghz , Asus GTX 760/2GB , 8GB Ram, Win 7/64 bit

Played to lvl 10 yesterday. REALLY enjoying this game, been MMO free since Wow Cata.

Totakeke

There is button at the top of the window that opens when price items you want to sell. That button will open a window with a list of recent prices for that item. Very simple.

When you talk to the retainer? That would be great. I'll try it later. :)

Also, how does inventory auto-sort work exactly? It kinds of work but it doesn't really organize the inventory?

desu

I started with the controller, but switched back to keyboard quick.

Really?

I am a total m/kb user, but at gamescom I had to play WHM with controller and it was really really good, I was actually really surprised and I can totally see myself playing WHM in the future with controller.

For other things I imagine it might not be that perfect.

Blablurn

Really?

I am a total m/kb user, but at gamescom I had to play WHM with controller and it was really really good, I was actually really surprised and I can totally see myself playing WHM in the future with controller.

For other things I imagine it might not be that perfect.

I started with my XBox controller but changed very quick. I don't know. Was too much clicking for me. K/M feels more natural to me. But hey, I guess with some more practice even controllers could work.

Kenai

Am I the only that thinks this game "feels" like FFXI? It really does seem like the sequel to that game.

It took just about everything I hated about the old FFXI (and 1.0) and threw it to the wind while leaving most of the good stuff. I'm taking it a bit easier with the leveling now that I have my "main" unlocked but the difficulty is starting to ramp up in the 30s, which feels right to me. The Titan fight was so amazing, I'm excited to see what's in store for endgame.

Reknoc

So, when do you get the veteran stuff? I believe people have them? I've set up a 90 day sub but I guess I don't pay until my free time is up (in about 12 days because S-E hates 1.0 owners).

desu

I started with my XBox controller but changed very quick. I don't know. Was too much clicking for me. K/M feels more natural to me. But hey, I guess with some more practice even controllers could work.

Comes down to what you're playing, if you like WHM, try to play it in a dungeon with controller and the cross menu. Works pretty well imho.

Well I made three characters on Ultros so I think it's safe to say (at least at this time of night) the character restrictions are lifted. Most all the NA servers were open for char creation still as well.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
In MMOs there is so much running that I prefer controller. Yeah you can use autorun toggle but it's not the same. It is one area where the loose DS3 sticks are really nice. I'm actually considering getting one to use with this game.

glaurung

Soooo. how much different to 1.0 is it? Was 1.0 really that bad?
Let me put it this way: with 1.0 they should have put sedatives in the game box, because everything you did took fucking ages. Something as simple as crafting took minutes to set up and handle.

With ARR, the pace is better by far. By which I mean, you actually get shit done, not spend hundreds of hours waiting after dialog boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom