• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

syoaran

Why? Chances of one of the guilds becomes a ghost guild would probably be pretty high. The FC is full up now but I doubt there'll even be a need for an overflow LS in a few months.

There didn't seem to be much of a new player GAF presence in the EU, most who were talking in Phase3/4 were legacy players. A lot of us figured that if we went to the US GAF server en-mass, we would have enough for content at 50.

Reknoc

There didn't seem to be much of a new player GAF presence in the EU, most who were talking in Phase3/4 were legacy players. A lot of us figured that if we went to the US GAF server en-mass, we would have enough for content at 50.

Ah, no, I meant why should the servers have been split. I went to Ultros despite being in the UK as well. I did the same in GW2 as well and clearly dodged a bullet there as as far as I'm aware there is now no EU gafguild anymore

Can you re-do dungeons like Sastasha even if you've completed them? I really want to complete my pirate armor set.

Btw, that was my first instance/raid with GAF - it was pretty cool, although really straightforward.

akaoni

Banned
There wouldn't be enough of us from EU to warrant rolling by ourselves. Plus the servers are in Canada either way, and Dooty Finger is cross-world.

So which story quest for Grinadia (I know I spelt that wrong) nets me the airship pass? I'm at this one quest that has me going out to this tree in the Shroud...but the area is full of level 30 monsters! And I'm only at level 16 and a squishy CNJ at that...

Robin64

So which story quest for Grinadia (I know I spelt that wrong) nets me the airship pass? I'm at this one quest that has me going out to this tree in the Shroud...but the area is full of level 30 monsters! And I'm only at level 16 and a squishy CNJ at that...

Sounds to me like you're confusing the area you're meant to be going to, or certainly the route there. I did the Limsa Lominsa version and it never had me going to a level 30 area..

Never had so much fun hunting and fishing in a game. Wish I could take a week off work. And I've had next to Zero problems getting into ultros. I just spam the login till I get in, 10 Min tops. I hope they fix the capacity problems soon though its keeping my brother from buying the game.

user1337

Can you re-do dungeons like Sastasha even if you've completed them? I really want to complete my pirate armor set.

Btw, that was my first instance/raid with GAF - it was pretty cool, although really straightforward.

Yea, duty finder. selected the dungeons you want to do and register for it as normal.

Hmm... wrong area. I just did that quest earlier - can you remind me what the quest name is? I could probably help you locate the area better.

Yea, duty finder. selected the dungeons you want to do and register for it as normal.

Thanks! I'll be trying to acquire that Plundered armor set.

Xux

Don't go up that tree. You should be going down a river beneath, I believe.

Tc91

So let me get this right before I pull the trigger. Those collectors edition codes being sold in the B/S/T thread are they:

1. Available to redeem in the EU or is it locked to NA servers.
2. Would I be able to redeem them and play or are the servers locked due to all this server stuff?

Cheers.

Sakura

I love the weather effects in this game.
iIF2WttHU01Iw.jpg

Hmm... wrong area. I just did that quest earlier - can you remind me what the quest name is? I could probably help you locate the area better.

Thanks! I'll be trying to acquire that Plundered armor set.

I'm at work now but I will look it up whenever I can log on again.

Don't go up that tree. You should be going down a river beneath, I believe.

Hmmm, I thought about that route...I will give it a shot later today.

Anteater

Just beat titan, was pretty fun, even though it's too short and after that it was a lot of warping/running back and forth x 205 times, but doing so got me to lvl39, will do more of those later, at least I enjoy exploring the zones more now.

Darn, I hit a leveling wall at 17. I need a mount already so I can travel faster for the hunting logs. How close am I to getting a mount if I just finished up Sastasha?

user1337

Darn, I hit a leveling wall at 17. I need a mount already so I can travel faster for the hunting logs. How close am I to getting a mount if I just finished up Sastasha?

Still a while to go.

Start doing the side quests and leves to level up. (and the class specific quests)

Alternatively, farm FATES.

I don't want to use up too much of my leve allowance since I'm saving those for my secondary classes. Is there a good area for FATE farming around levels 17-25?

South Shroud and the Central Shroud seem like your safe bets.

Thanks!

I'd save the Leves for grand company leves :). Those GC seals come in handy ;) (you'll need 2000 for your mount)

You could try east shroud: http://www.ffxivfate.com/east-shroud/

Thanks! Btw, will I be able to join a GC soon?

I'm pretty sure ur allowances are renewed every 24 hours or so. At least it was like that in Phase 4.

You get 3 every 12 hours, but I like crafting too :p

Can you change the language on the PS3 version to be Japanese?

I haven't got the game yet on PS3 so I'd like to know. (I'd be buying the EU version.)

user1337

I'm pretty sure ur allowances are renewed every 24 hours or so. At least it was like that in Phase 4.

I think you only get 3 at a time, and you can stack up to 99. So it can take a while to have enough to make a decent XP increase for a sub class.

Thanks!

You get 3 every 12 hours, but I like crafting too :p

Level 25 story quest I recall. Could be off by a few.

Can you change the language on the PS3 version to be Japanese?

I haven't got the game yet on PS3 so I'd like to know. (I'd be buying the EU version.)

Yes you can

orion434

Thank you GAF for inviting me to the Gather Against Fate Free Company on the Ultros Server :)

I finally got into the Dungeon using the Duty Finder and I have to say I LOVE Dungeons!!! It was just so much fun with the party I had, and the next Dungeon in the Central Shroud was just as good. My only problem is that the first time I entered the dungeon I accidently skipped the "guide"

What does "Greed" mean when looting Treasure?

Level 20 story quest. Don't worry about grinding, because the story EXP combined with the small fetch quests available near the story ones gives you plenty EXP for getting to 20.

It means you want the item, but can't use it with your current class. The priority goes to the ones who need it.

user1337

Thank you GAF for inviting me to the Gather Against Fate Free Company on the Ultros Server :)

I finally got into the Dungeon using the Duty Finder and I have to say I LOVE Dungeons!!! It was just so much fun with the party I had, and the next Dungeon in the Central Shroud was just as good. My only problem is that the first time I entered the dungeon I accidently skipped the "guide"

Its basically you saying you want the item even though it cant be equipped by your class (otherwise the NEED option would be available).

some pick greed because they have a sub class that needs the item.

Mandoric

Banned
I can do it without changing the system's language?
That's great! It's just an in-game menu? The whole game's text?!

Please confirm! (cos this is ace!)

The language you select in the patcher is the text language and default VO language for the whole game, similar to using English POL or using Japanese POL for FFXI (except here it's just an option in a dropdown.)

Caerith

Yeah, its kinda weird, Square's usually pretty decent with that sort of thing, but some of the english VA's seems to REALLY just, phone it in.

The Japanese VA's are pretty good in comparison, though I've certainly seen better. Course, most that game just uses text, thankfully. Though, I imagine having so few scenes voiced actually made life more difficult for the voice actors. No time to really adapt to their roles and all that.
Phoned-in is right. The lines are read with no context at all. it's like, it's like they just read words, not lines.

Like, on a scale of 1 to 10, where 5 is Fuuka Yamagishi, XIV is a 0.02.

The voice acting is one of my biggest criticisms of the game. The other, I think, is the general lack of polish. I appreciate that Yoshida did what he did, but even now, three years later, it feels like they rushed it out the door.

I've kept Duty Finder on for dungeons in my level range while off doing hunts, quests, or just exploring, and have gotten plenty of summons to repeat dungeons. As a DPS. Since it seems you're early-ish on, some advice:
  • Duty Finder seems to preference higher-leveled characters over lower-leveled characters, so register for duty and then go do anything else to get yourself some levels. (Source: personal observation as I leveled.)
  • There's no reason to repeat Ifrit. You don't get any loot for it. Sucks for the people who need it, but S-E doesn't want to reward you for helping them.
  • Halatili is an optional dungeon, but rather fun (and it has a ton of coffers). Toto-Rok is a story-required dungeon, but it's basically XIV's "poison swamp" level so it's a drag to play.
Seriously, Halatili is a lot of fun. I hope there are more optional dungeons in the 30s and stuff, because the post-Totoro grind is pretty crappy so far (haven't done Haukke yet).

Need: "I want it."
Greed: "I'll take it if nobody else wants it."
Pass: "I don't want it at all."

TheContact

So is the ps3 beta client and the ps3 disc the same thing? It would be nice to keep my disc slot open for something else if I can just keep using the download

orion434

Its basically you saying you want the item even though it cant be equipped by your class (otherwise the NEED option would be available).

some pick greed because they have a sub class that needs the item.

So if I'm in a party with random players if there is a treasure to loot there is no downside to choosing Greed? Would these items be bound to my character? I'm a bit confused about how binding works. I was able to buy this pair of Goggles off the Market Board, faily cheap too, but then in the dungeon it was part of loot and it wouldn't let me choose "Need" or "greed" because I already had it equiped and it's unique, but it also said "Untradeable"

So how did I buy it prior off the Market Board if it's Untradeable?

Robin64

Logging in before class so I can play when I get back from school. I feel like an ass but I don't care anymore.

Good luck. Just getting NA/EU list down, personally. Probably because of so many people logging in so they can play when they get back from school........ ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom