• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

hank_tree

So if I'm in a party with random players if there is a treasure to loot there is no downside to choosing Greed? Would these items be bound to my character? I'm a bit confused about how binding works. I was able to buy this pair of Goggles off the Market Board, faily cheap too, but then in the dungeon it was part of loot and it wouldn't let me choose "Need" or "greed" because I already had it equiped and it's unique, but it also said "Untradeable"

So how did I buy it prior off the Market Board if it's Untradeable?

I'm not sure about the binding stuff but no there isn't any downside to choosing greed. Just don't be a dick about it. If you need on a really great item and win it then maybe pass on the rest of the items in the dungeon so that the other people get some items too.

Robbler

Banned
My friend got a weird bug. He's a 30 Tham and 15 Arcanist, but when he tries to get the BLM quest the quest giver won't give him it and it says he needs 30 Tham and 15 Arcanist. Anyone know what's up?

Xux

My friend got a weird bug. He's a 30 Tham and 15 Arcanist, but when he tries to get the BLM quest the quest giver won't give him it and it says he needs 30 Tham and 15 Arcanist. Anyone know what's up?
Does it say 15 ARC or 15 ACN?

orion434

I'm not sure about the binding stuff but no there isn't any downside to choosing greed. Just don't be a dick about it. If you need on a really great item and win it then maybe pass on the rest of the items in the dungeon so that the other people get some items too.

In the first Dungeon I played I didn't get a single piece of loot because I was afraid of choosing Greed and I had the 1 treasure that I "could" use, but it was unique and no "Need" option. lol

Also what's the difference between a Green & Pink item?

Finally last night was able to log into Ultros and make my char: Dazathar Zomaton (my 2 wow mains).

hopefully can get a bit of play time in tonight, and over the weekend. whats the state of the gaf guild?

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
What level does gladiator get its first damage reduction move, and does anyone know if it can be used as a marauder? Tanking is ok, but I really feel like I need more tools to reduce incoming damage. Too used to active mitigation I guess.

Chucker

Finally last night was able to log into Ultros and make my char: Dazathar Zomaton (my 2 wow mains).

hopefully can get a bit of play time in tonight, and over the weekend. whats the state of the gaf guild?

Full as far as I know.

Did a good deed and logged off last night when I went to bed. Rolling the dice again tonight to see if I can get on before 9 Eastern.

Audioboxer

Almost at level 10 on my lancer. First char, taking it slow. How do I request to join the GAF guild? I'm on the PS3 if that makes a difference. Cheers

orion434

Almost at level 10 on my lancer. First char, taking it slow. How do I request to join the GAF guild? I'm on the PS3 if that makes a difference. Cheers

On Page 1 post 2 there are the details on the GAF Free Companies, you send a /tell to one of the captains when you are online :)

I have a question about story missions for people who have Limsa Lominsa as their home city. I finished up to the mission where you have to fight a drunk in the forest, but got sidetracked and forgot where I'm supposed to go next (there are no more main mission markers on my map).

smr00

Banned
What areas can you quest around 20-21? I have done all the hunting logs i can. I just want to know where i can do some questing in-between dungeon quest and the levequest stuff or whatever it's called. Or FATE grinding. Just need a place to level because 4 days and only level 20 seems too slow considering i put over 40-50 hours in the game. Feel like i should be higher and i know it's on my part for not doing the most effective way of leveling which i don't even know.

Past 2 main quest were dungeon based and both took a good 60-90 minutes to get in it because apparently everyone playing rolled a DD class.

Vossler

Can I get an invite to the FC on Ultros? Read the info a few pages back about it becoming quite full, but it seems like there may be some spots....I filled out the google doc as well. In Game name is Vossler Riot.

Mr. RHC

Level 10 now, like everything so far.. lot of "bring me this and this" quests and the main story line didn't really click for me yet but I find the Thaumaturge quest line very entertaining.

I'm looking getting into jobs, are the jobs tailored to specific classes? Or should I do anything?

Got my Glad to 30 and got the Pally job. Damn that level 30 glad quest is a heart raiser, failed twice just trying to work out what the hell I was supposed to do. Kinda made the Pally quest afterwards anti-climatic.

I'm really enjoying the fact they make you work for some of these quests and because they are solo instanced and synced you can't just get a higher level character to beat it for you.

user1337

So if I'm in a party with random players if there is a treasure to loot there is no downside to choosing Greed? Would these items be bound to my character? I'm a bit confused about how binding works. I was able to buy this pair of Goggles off the Market Board, faily cheap too, but then in the dungeon it was part of loot and it wouldn't let me choose "Need" or "greed" because I already had it equiped and it's unique, but it also said "Untradeable"

So how did I buy it prior off the Market Board if it's Untradeable?

I think need always outweighs greed. So no major issue as far as I can think of, other than pissing people off if you do greed on everything and just happen to get them all (cause everyone else did greed)

I dont roll greed ever, unless i'm with friends. I always either need an item or I pass it.

items are not bound to you untill you use them. As soon as you wear them and kill an enemy, they are bound to you and can no longer be sold. They can however be broken down for materia (once your spirit bond is 100% after enough use of the item).

Also, make sure your armour inventory isnt full :p, or else you wont be able to get the items anyway.

orion434

Rarity I think. I'm not sure what the colours actually mean. I've only seen green and pink but I'm sure there probably others too.

Are these Green & Pink items always "Untradeable"? I'm kinda worried that I may have bought a hacked item From the Market Board?

Edit: Also what happens if everyone selects "Pass" will no one receive the loot?

user1337

Has he done all the Tham quests from the guild master?

Edit: Also its archer

Edit edit: Beaten like a huge wasp.

Ken

Story quest and class quest are different right?

I think I missed a bunch of class quests but my Recommendations does not show them?

so many delivery quests, so many.............mind exploding..........boredom...........can't do it

First MMO?

I think I missed a bunch of class quests but my Recommendations does not show them?

Yeah, they're different. Also, they might not show in your recommendations if you're not the corresponding class at the time, or if you're not in the area.

T.O.P

Banned
Has he done all the Tham quests from the guild master?

It's not ACN is ARC for black mage, i got tricked by this too when i leveled an Arcanist to 15 in phase 4 by mistake

Bard: ARC 30 PGL 15
Black Mage: THM 30 ARC 15
Dragoon: LNC 30 MRD 15
Monk: PGL 30 LNC 15
Paladin: GLA 30 CNJ 15
Scholar: ACN 30 CNJ 15
Summoner: ACN 30 THM 15
Warrior: MRD 30 GLA 15
White Mage: CNJ 30 ACN 15

Finally I've gone from eight levels of looking like this
ujgVwVkl.jpg

To hitting 50 and finally looking like this!
82mzDE2l.jpg
vIWJDPXl.jpg

Male Elezen pull off DRG the best!

orion434

There is a downside to the other random people playing with you. Sometimes your Greed can cause you to get the item even if you didnt need it as such, while the random person who actually needed it doesnt get it. Its just a case of not pissing people off.

I dont roll greed ever, unless i'm with friends. I always either need an item or I pass it.

items are not bound to you untill you use them. As soon as you wear them and kill an enemy, they are bound to you and can no longer be sold. They can however be broken down for materia (once your spirit bond is 100% after enough use of the item).

Also, make sure your armour inventory isnt full :p, or else you wont be able to get the items anyway.

Are there any loot that are bound when you receive them? Maybe I read it wrong when it said it was "Untradeable" before I could even roll for it.

Yes they are different
Class quests generally appear every five levels, you'll need to have the class weapon equipped (and so playing as the class) for the specific class quest to show in Recommendations.

Are there any loot that are bound when you receive them? Maybe I read it wrong when it said it was "Untradeable" before I could even roll for it.

'Untradeable' if you equip it. If it's just in your inventory then it won't be bound to you, and you can sell it, unless it's a quest item, I believe.

user1337

Not that I know of, Ive always had the need option available if its for my class, but nothing has been bound to me till i use it.

Also I edited my original post. Need outweighs greed.

dramatis

Unlike in Phase 4, nowadays they grey out an untradeable/unsellable equipment in your inventory if you try to sell it on market board. So no worries about getting something you can't use.

When I redeemed my retail code it now shows me as having 2 service accounts when logging in, is this normal?
You made a new account instead of registering the game to your account. As this seems to be a common occurence, there's a special support form that you can fill, but I don't have the link with me.

orion434

'Untradeable' if you equip it. If it's just in your inventory then it won't be bound to you, and you can sell it, unless it's a quest item, I believe.

Not that I know of, Ive always had the need option available if its for my class, but nothing has been bound to me till i use it.

Also I edited my original post. Need outweighs greed.

So if I don't equip or kill an enemy with the Green / Pink item I should be able to sell it :)

I think I'm 1 or 2 missions away from being able to use Retainers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom