• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
something to appreciate... you have a fucking huge inventory thingy out of the gate. wish all games had that... even most pay 2 play games aren't that generous.

Weird that there are 'gaps' in quests. 'recommendation' just has leves and hunting logs for lvl 16 o_O

Ricck

this may sound like a stupid question, but how the hell do you put stuff in the armorer? (in your Inn) I tried countless methods but it never accepts what I'm trying to put inside!

daveo42

Banned
If your account is has 1.0 CE (non-Legacy) status but you had got early access from preordering, does that mean you still need to register your game by today or can you play without issue going forward? I still plan on registering it for the 30 days, but I haven't yet and want to be able to jump right on in instead of dealing with the registration process right now.

So if I don't equip or kill an enemy with the Green / Pink item I should be able to sell it :)

I think I'm 1 or 2 missions away from being able to use Retainers :)

Yep!

something to appreciate... you have a fucking huge inventory thingy out of the gate. wish all games had that... even most pay 2 play games aren't that generous.

Weird that there are 'gaps' in quests. 'recommendation' just has leves and hunting logs for lvl 16 o_O

I think at this point, the game throttles sidequests etc to force you onto the story quests, so you get the airship and start doing dungeons etc

user1337

So if I don't equip or kill an enemy with the Green / Pink item I should be able to sell it :)

I think I'm 1 or 2 missions away from being able to use Retainers :)

For the most part yes, Some do however say "unsellable"...so those you cant. Others are unsellable and unconvertable...so not sure what people do with those. Kinda pointless just storing it. Maybe it can be given to members of your free company by putting it in the Free company vault.

user1337

Recommendation only shows quests and objectives of the area you are in (and dungeons that you have access to but havent completed etc).

You should be doing dungeons. Story quests.

daveo42

Banned
Why? I have done 3 full parties and not one complaint

Topaz is meant to tank and has enmity moves it uses to gain hate and take damage. This can cause issues with the main tank being able to hold hate and can cause the mob to run free and attack other members in the party, making life difficult for your healers. You also do less damage as a dps when you have Topaz out.

Emerald for parties is the best as an ACN for dps and hate purposes. Making it easier for the tank to hold hate while doing more damage makes life much easier for the entire party.

user1337

If your account is has 1.0 CE (non-Legacy) status but you had got early access from preordering, does that mean you still need to register your game by today or can you play without issue going forward? I still plan on registering it for the 30 days, but I haven't yet and want to be able to jump right on in instead of dealing with the registration process right now.

Log in to the Mog station to see how many days your service will stay active: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/mogstation/

hmmm... the last story quest i did was lvl 14. fought some dudes and some mage.

Game isn't really obvious of what i should be doing next, or where the next story quest is.

airships?

kyoakuma

Banned
Topaz is meant to tank and has enmity moves it uses to gain hate and take damage. This can cause issues with the main tank being able to hold hate and can cause the mob to run free and attack other members in the party, making life difficult for your healers. You also do less damage as a dps when you have Topaz out.

Emerald for parties is the best as an ACN for dps and hate purposes. Making it easier for the tank to hold hate while doing more damage makes life much easier for the entire party.

got it, so use my emerald for parties

orion434

For the most part yes, Some do however say "unsellable"...so those you cant. Others are unsellable and unconvertable...so not sure what people do with those. Kinda pointless just storing it. Maybe it can be given to members of your free company by putting it in the Free company vault.

If I put a Unique Green item in storage at the Inn, will not allow me to pick up a new "unbounded" unique item? So many questions I have!!! I friggin' LOVE this game!!!

What do the item colors mean anyways. Is pink or green better?
Pink = Aetherial gear, it's usually normal looking gear with unique/random stat bonuses. You can find it in leve quests, in treasure coffers
Green = Unique gear, higher stats than aetherial, can find it in dungeons.

I think there's also Blue (Rare, endgame) and Purple (Relic, best class stats, but I think it exists only as a Legacy carry over, not in ARR yet) gear.

daveo42

Banned
Log in to the Mog station to see how many days your service will stay active: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/mogstation/

Found it and it looks like I'm good!

kdyApRh.png

Thanks!

user1337

So how long can you solo in this game? I tend to do that in MMO's though I know that's not usually the best or feasible plan.

All the way till the end except story driven dungeons that forces you to play with people.

If I put a Unique Green item in storage at the Inn, will not allow me to pick up a new "unbounded" unique item? So many questions I have!!! I friggin' LOVE this game!!!

As long as you have space in your own personal inventory (25 slots per armour area), you can pick up whatever you want.

Robin64

I mostly went in blind, so never really knew Marauder was a tank class. It's not like there was a message about it or anything on the character creation screen.

Questing has been fine, it hasn't been "slow" like tank classes in other MMOs tend to be.

But now I've hit level 16 and I need to do the first dungeon quest for the storyline. Apparently I can't queue as DPS, even if I promise to never use Overpower. :(

So here I go, about to tank a freaking dungeon on a PS3 controller.. This is not going to end well at all.

orion434

As long as you have space in your own personal inventory (25 slots per armour area), you can pick up whatever you want.

Even if it's a Unique Item? If so that's GREAT! I'd like to just help out Gaf players doing the first 3 Dungeons I had that much fun!

If I want to specifically play with other GAF players in a dungeon and we form a party will it fill the other slots with random players? Say we have 1 Tank 1 Healer & 1 DPS will the duty finder fill in the last DPS spot or could we enter with just 3 players?

TheContact

I mostly went in blind, so never really knew Marauder was a tank class. It's not like there was a message about it or anything on the character creation screen.

Questing has been fine, it hasn't been "slow" like tank classes in other MMOs tend to be.

But now I've hit level 16 and I need to do the first dungeon quest for the storyline. Apparently I can't queue as DPS, even if I promise to never use Overpower. :(

So here I go, about to tank a freaking dungeon on a PS3 controller.. This is not going to end well at all.

lol I had no idea either, I thought up until now MRD was as dps class. With the ps3 controller, just make sure to disable friendly targeting and then also disable auto sheath. If you press in the left thumbstick you can toggle sheathing.

YES the wait is finally over!
*downloads 8gb patch*
*logs in*
*server error*

Sounds about right.

orz

Keep trying, it shouldn't be hard to get in at this time.

Even if it's a Unique Item? If so that's GREAT! I'd like to just help out Gaf players doing the first 3 Dungeons I had that much fun!

If I want to specifically play with other GAF players in a dungeon and we form a party will it fill the other slots with random players? Say we have 1 Tank 1 Healer & 1 DPS will the duty finder fill in the last DPS spot or could we enter with just 3 players?

Pretty sure you need to fill in all slots, don't quote me on that though.
And yeah, you can form a party with GAFers and then use DF to fill in the other slots.
Hope you can help me in a dungeon this weekend ;p

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
No maintenance expected today? I left mine AFK (sorry sorry... I want to play haha) and was thinking of getting a free afternoon :p!

Varth

Did someone buy the retail PS3 version? How much does it need to update? I'm getting shivering memories of having to download 15gb of DC Universe Online *on top of installing from disk*. I still think it was the long hours DLing that shit that killed my beloved fat PS3. Have some DL codes but if the game is mainly on disk I could get a disk copy too.

daveo42

Banned
Won't be at home today to login and play this evening after work, so I got the game loaded up on my laptop. Hopefully I'll get a shot to play way late tonight (around 1230am) and that my laptop will be able to handle it. Fingers crossed.

Audioboxer

Did someone buy the retail PS3 version? How much does it need to update? I'm getting shivering memories of having to download 15gb of DC Universe Online *on top of installing from disk*. I still think it was the long hours DLing that shit that killed my beloved fat PS3. Have some DL codes but if the game is mainly on disk I could get a disk copy too.

800mb-ish I think.

Salaadin

Anyone have any good suggestions for a craftable set of lvl 50 MRD armor? Its the next thing I want to work on in case I ever use it as higher levels instead of WAR.
Id look myself but Im at work so my options here are limited. Just a set name would be a huge help.

I have the Maelstrom officers coat and boots and some cobalt gaultlets but I havent had the chance to compare this against other sets yet.

I had a decent day yesterday though I noticed a problem with the duty finder. While on Ultros it took a crazy amount of time to queue for the first dungeon (Sastasha) as a DPS. I still have yet to complete it on my Puglist. =/

It became quite funny when I jumped on my Conjurer on another server and did the very same dungeon two times back-to-back using the duty finder and within minutes of each other.

Lain

Today started magnificently. Did a great party with 2 gaffers and got the monocle from Toto-Rak that I was after. Now I can start to move with the Main Story and work on unlocking Hakkue Manor.

If I got BLM in 1.0, do I need to level up ARC to 15 in order to do the BLM class quests, or will they be open to me since I've already opened the job?

orion434

Pretty sure you need to fill in all slots, don't quote me on that though.
And yeah, you can form a party with GAFers and then use DF to fill in the other slots.
Hope you can help me in a dungeon this weekend ;p

I'm on the Ultros Server - Jade Nephrite - Female - Elezen, I'm on the PS3, I'm still getting used to it all, but I know my role as a DPS Archer :)

I have off from work August 30 - September 9 I'll be online for most of this time :)

Effect

I think I have to give up on playing on Leviathan. I can't log into it at all before 11:30pm and sometimes midnight. I need to be asleep around those times. The only time I was able to get on and really play was Monday but in a holding pattern now around level 12. Ultros is no better. I've not been able to get into that server at all outside of originally creating my character there. The only server where I have luck getting into during prime time on the east coast is Coeurl. I originally didn't even want that though. I didn't know how to pronounce it. Might seem like a silly reason not to pick it but it was an issue with me. I still don't know how it's suppose to be said.

In fact Coeurl when I originally went to create my character would pop up the most and I kept refreshing for an hour in order to get Leviathan and Ultros. Going to try again tonight around 8pm and if I can't get on Leviathan but can log into Coeurl without much trouble then I'm going to stick with that. Even if I'm no longer in Ul'Dah. I really liked my Thurmatage but the character on this server started out as a Lancer. I guess I could remake him but then there is the fear I won't eve be able to get back on the server with the way things are now.

Should I feel bad that I've had next to no issues getting onto Leviathan for the last few days?

Yes :)

Considering that I can't even get logged onto Ultros at 9:30AM ;(

Damn it Square, fix this mess!

*edit* Oh they replied back to my ticket;

"We apologize for any inconvenience in this issue. The previous maintenance has resolve this issue for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. We'd like to thank you for your patience while this issue was being investigated and resolved."

sigh.

Reknoc

Haukke Manor seems like a cool dungeon, very zeldary / castlevaniary. Shame Duty Finder found me a terrible party with a couple of class confused players. Had a Lancer that thought he was a tank and Marauder that thought he was DPS. Then our healer bounced eventually replaced by someone who had thankfully done the dungeon before.

like i said last night, run a simple script of your system pressing num 0 every second, go get some lunch, you hopefully will get logged in ;)

speaking of which, what antihacking/cheating software does this use? Didn't notice anything running when i boot it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom