• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrno

In that case, without spoiling too much, is the first "final" boss battle comparable to anything from XI, or on a whole other level?

The fight is not Kefka, but well, it is a better "last sequence" than vanilla XI, Zilart, Promathia and ToA story bosses, didn't stick to complete WotG.

And much better fight than any of the FF PS2/PS3 final bosses.

Where do i go to get the Marauder class or whatever? I noticed i somehow got it but have no idea where or how to get back. I noticed i need to get it level 15 if i want to become a goon and since i am coming on level 30 on my lancer i wanna grind up to 15 real quick (been saving up my leve stuff)

From my understanding, you just have to swap out the weapon.

qq more

For those wanting to remove shout chat:

Click on the gear icon below the chat. It'll bring a menu up for chat options and there should be a button for [1] General under "Log Filters". Click on that and uncheck the Shout button.

teiresias

Does the Duty Finder still team up people from across different worlds/servers like the original explanation video from Yoshi indicated? Just curious.

i7-2600k @ 4.4GHz, GTX 590.

1080p, 27-70fps, maxed settings (FXAA turned off), injecting SMAA through SweetFX. I use the in-game option to lock at 30 and it's very smooth. Average seems to be somewhere between 35 and 50.

It's not very well optimized, yet.

I was thinking it's the most well optimized MMO I've played at launch, expecially impressive for how great the visuals are.

Does the Duty Finder still team up people from across different worlds/servers like the original explanation video from Yoshi indicated? Just curious.

Yes. If you don't talk the entire time you will know b/c when you leave the dungeon they won't be in your party anymore. If you do duty with those on the same server, when you leave you stay in the same party.

Guesong

I was reading the ingame chat yesterday and someone said that you get an XP bonus when leveling up classes based on the difference of level between your highest class and the one you're leveling.

Is it true?

T'would make alot of sense since I can't imagine grinding out all them classes on a single toon, but I don't remember hearing about it.

Berordn

I was reading the ingame chat yesterday and someone said that you get an XP bonus when leveling up classes based on the difference of level between your highest class and the one you're leveling.

Is it true?

T'would make alot of sense since I can't imagine grinding out all them classes on a single toon, but I don't remember hearing about it.

It's true, makes Fate grinding all the more effective.

Since 1017 isn't letting up i may as well post somethign useful.

For those of you considering levelin a crafting profession:

At level 5, you gain a "touch up" abillity. This increases your chance to hq, even by a negligible portion. Regardless of how useless this may seem at lower levels, the opposite is true. Touching up your crafts multiplies your experience gain, regardless of whether or not you actually get an HQ item.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Is it true?

I believe its any class thats more than 2 levels lower than your highest, receives a 50% xp bonus.

Salaadin

Oh dear. Is the game really that error filled right now? I knew it was an mmo type deal but this just sounds like a nightmare

As much as I complain about it, the problems go away when I can actually play. Its a very good game so far and that makes me hate the errors that much more :(

Fwiw, theyre working on a fix and plan on implementing it early next week so hopefully that goes as planned.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Am I pretty much boned if I want the digital download?

Ps3 dd might still be good off psn. I bought the game yesterday without issue after the announcement of shutting down new purchases.

Think square might have closed new downloads off their own site only unless I just made the window and its now shut down on psn. Not sure tho. I also had to redownload the game overnight last night off psn and it went fine but sloooooooowwwww. Took 12+ hrs to dl and patch just 8.5gb.

daveo42

Banned
Plenty of people have been seeming to have some luck trying to log in at exactly 50 minutes past the hour, each hour.

Some have had luck around the 30 min mark as well. Varies with luck, how often SE likes to open the gates, and whether some people log off or not.

I've had some luck at different times after getting "Server is full" message, probably just because a space opened up from someone else leaving.

Oh dear. Is the game really that error filled right now? I knew it was an mmo type deal but this just sounds like a nightmare

This is not an "error" per se. They have intentionally gated and restricted logins and character creation on many servers. This is just a generic error you get when you try to connect while a restriction is in place.

The game itself is virtually bug free and extremely polished.

Tarazet

It's so bizarre. In Japan, everyone works 10-12 hours a day, so everyone gets home at 7pm and starts hammering the servers. In California, I get home at 7pm and have no problems at all logging in. I guess it's good for me that other peoples' work ethics are different.

Zozobra

Yes. If you don't talk the entire time you will know b/c when you leave the dungeon they won't be in your party anymore. If you do duty with those on the same server, when you leave you stay in the same party.

Oh man, this is actually really disappointing. I was hoping to use duty finder to meet people on-server and maybe join an FC or something. Maybe I should just resort to shouting for groups instead?

It's so bizarre. In Japan, everyone works 10-12 hours a day, so everyone gets home at 7pm and starts hammering the servers. In the USA, I work until 7 pm, get home and have no problems logging in. I guess it's good for me that other peoples' work ethics are different.

Uh,not sure where you worked or played FF with in Japan, but that definitely doesn't describe my LS lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom