• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Well I finished my gameplay session and subsequently logged out [so someone else could log in].

I know that's going to haunt me later this evening...

Oh man, this is actually really disappointing. I was hoping to use duty finder to meet people on-server and maybe join an FC or something. Maybe I should just resort to shouting for groups instead?

I've used it 3 times. Once, they were all my server. Once it was 50/50, and once where I was the only person from my server.

Uh,not sure where you worked or played FF with in Japan, but that definitely doesn't describe my LS lol

Yea, there are a lot of misconceptions about living in Japan. Apparently everyone works 12 hour days all the damn time.

chrono01

They should give you a medal for that or something.
I would settle for an easy login later tonight when I choose to play again.

Let us see if fate is kind to me.

On a positive note, my Physical Collector's Edition [PC] arrived today, a mere 10 hours or so until the Early Access ends. I registered it, subscribed, and can now continue playing uninterrupted. That's pretty good-timing. :)

Really the launch wouldn't be going so bad in comparison to other MMO launches if it weren't for the damn 1027 error/not letting people queue. So far it's looking like this will be the second day in a row I won't get a chance to log in at all :(

I really hope they offer extended days for this mess. Again though, when I can play its been great. Gotten my ACN and ARC to 18, THM to 10 and a bunch of random levels on other classes just screwing around enjoying the different play styles.

So what exactly does your choice of GC actually do? I haven't gotten to it yet, but does it really affect anything beyond armor sets that won't really matter in the long run?

chrono01

Fate is going to fuck you in the Alps.
I fully expect this, but I am trying to remain optimistic. :(

Maybe I'll get lucky and Square-Enix will do a 15 minute maintenance right around the time I attempt to log in, and thus, unintentionally clear the servers. There's always hope!

antitrop

I fully expect this, but I am trying to remain optimistic. :(

Maybe I'll get lucky and Square-Enix will do a 15 minute maintenance right around the time I attempt to log in, and thus, unintentionally clear the servers. There's always hope!
Take my hand, we'll go insane trying to log-in together.

sky

I just got in to a queue on Ultros, briefly, and it said I was #282 in line.
Lolz. Of course I got kicked a few seconds later.

aOCLojX.jpg

Ken

What does the timer mean on FATE icons in the map, if the FATE itself isn't up yet? Does that mean when the FATE comes up again?

antitrop

lol, NeoGAF is showing an ad for the original EverQuest for free at the bottom of the page right now.

Pretty fucking tempting... at least I would be able to log in.

chrono01

Take my hand, we'll go insane trying to log-in together.
But if we reach the point of insanity, would it even matter anymore whether we logged into the game or not? Would our brains even comprehend the fact or would we simply re-exit out of the game due to our insane actions? Either way, I would prefer to keep my sanity intact.

I wish us both the best of luck [and others with the same idea] for our upcoming battle.

Wilsongt

I wish the duty finder worked for me. :( As an Arcanist, I have to wait and wait and wait, even though the last two dungeons I ran I acted as a healer.

Thanks to those who helped me out earlier, I was able to get to that mystical tree in the Shroud via walking up the river... WHY I didn't figure that out earlier since I explore that area bunch is a wonder to me but whatever, I got an airship pass now!

TimeKillr

I finally managed to get in on one of my characters on Lamia..

Now I have one very, VERY important question: can you remap keys?

It's a major pet peeve of mine that for some reason people think it's a good idea to put A and D as turn as not strafe. It makes ZERO sense, so I want to swap them, but I can't - the only way to use them to sort of strafe is if I hold down my right mouse button all the time. It's stupidly annoying, and I've checked everywhere and couldn't find keybindings...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

It's a major pet peeve of mine that for some reason people think it's a good idea to put A and D as turn as not strafe. It makes ZERO sense, so I want to swap them, but I can't - the only way to use them to sort of strafe is if I hold down my right mouse button all the time. It's stupidly annoying, and I've checked everywhere and couldn't find keybindings...

There is an option to choose "legacy" controls or "standard" in settings. Legacy is default and turns, while standard is strafe. I am on ps3 using a dual shock but I imagine that is the same for even m/kb.

Berordn

There's a keybind menu on the system list when you hit escape.

Lain

I logged off 2 hours ago to go do some raiding in WoW and found out the raid got canceled and I haven't been able to get back into FF14 since then.
This sucks!!!

Haint

Anybody playing on PC with a controller manage to get "A" button clicking filters to work? I've set every one of them to just target enemies, but shit still targets pets and combat NPC's.

sky

Out of curiosity, I created a new character on JP server, and got in immediately. Hardly anyone here, compared with Ultros.

We'll see how the lag is. Seems ok.
If the server transfer option is hassle free, I don't see the problem with starting out this way...

Aesthet1c

Does anyone else have an issue with slow loading NPC's/PC's?

My wife has an older computer (Core 2 duo, 8800GT), but is still able to play the game at a reasonable framerate on low settings. However, every where we go that is even remotely crowded, she see's nothing for like 10-30 seconds. Sometimes she will be standing next to a quest giver for a full minute before he finally appears on her screen.

Typically this stuff is chalked up to latency with the servers, but there is apparently something related to the draw time for older PC's.

Just wondering if there was any kind of fix or work around for it.

pitbull

Banned
Out of curiosity, I created a new character on JP server, and got in immediately. Hardly anyone here, compared with Ultros.

We'll see how the lag is. Seems ok.
If the server transfer option is hassle free, I don't see the problem with starting out this way...

Except 1 if they charge 2 don't allow regional transfers

I would just be very paranoid to level a ton and then find out I'd be stuck there or have to pay more

Man. I've been trying to get in for an hour now.

This is the longest I've ever had to wait outside of... Sunday. Last Sunday I didn't get in until like midnight.

Edit: In.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom