• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Does anyone else have an issue with slow loading NPC's/PC's?

My wife has an older computer (Core 2 duo, 8800GT), but is still able to play the game at a reasonable framerate on low settings. However, every where we go that is even remotely crowded, she see's nothing for like 10-30 seconds. Sometimes she will be standing next to a quest giver for a full minute before he finally appears on her screen.

Typically this stuff is chalked up to latency with the servers, but there is apparently something related to the draw time for older PC's.

Just wondering if there was any kind of fix or work around for it.

I have that same problem, also. I am assuming it has to do with server stress? My internet connection is fine.

Wilsongt

Is your computer older?

Well, it's a couple of years old. It was just a stock computer from best buy not meant to play high-end games. It has a newer graphics card slapped into it and got decent scores on the benchmark.

When places are not that crowded NPCs and all load fine. However, whenever I am near and NPC for a story-line quest the NPC takes forever to load.

This queue system is broke. I was in queue 136 then went to 135 then it said world is full, try again later and got kicked wtf

Is not broke, it just stop getting people inside the server when they reach certain number. It changed to 135 because someone leaved the queue. Number dosn't decrease unless that, just showing you the number of your "ticket".

The restriction sucks, but the queue system does indeed work.

Codeblew

Ps3 dd might still be good off psn. I bought the game yesterday without issue after the announcement of shutting down new purchases.

Think square might have closed new downloads off their own site only unless I just made the window and its now shut down on psn. Not sure tho. I also had to redownload the game overnight last night off psn and it went fine but sloooooooowwwww. Took 12+ hrs to dl and patch just 8.5gb.

Hmm. Wanted to get PC version of this but maybe I will get impatient and get the PS3 version. If I do, I will have to probably free up some space on my 60gb.

Jijidasu

Went and helped out with the Hydra fight which is new to the Relic weapon quest line. I initially thought the quest itself might have been made easier but that's not the case. So far the fights involved have been a good test of skill and will challenge people quite a bit. I don't think the DF will be too popular for these fights until the strategy is wide spread.

I think that the quest itself now is more accessible having removed the cost of starting (the old Lv.50 class weapons were going for up to and beyond 20mil a pop).

A FC member captured a video of one of our successful runs at Hydra below: (I will note we wiped a lot. The Wyvern it spawns will buff the Hydra's damage if not dealt with in about 20 seconds or less; if it gets the buff it can one shot anything with auto attack. The puddles of ice/fire slow/weight you and usually you'll get heavy status before the fire gets thrown out making running out of range difficult.) You really can't afford to get hit at all. GAF user Darte and I are in the video trying not to suck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGgFBI4sxtg&feature=youtu.be

Is not broke, it just stop getting people inside the server when they reach certain number. It changed to 135 because someone leaved the queue. Number dosn't decrease unless that, just showing you the number of your "ticket".

I'd rather the system how WoW does it. Even if I have to wait a while, I'm in queue and gives me an estimated time to wait. None of going start game>select toon>world full>repeat shit.

Level 50 PLDs: With current end game, which would be more useful to have; +30 STR or +30 VIT? I know it's negligible, but I'm curious.

Did someone played (real) end game content?

Actually, and IMO (still lvl 35 PLD), just depends of what you want to focus, STR does not only gives you higher dmg (who equals more hate) but also higher dmg mitigation when blocking, VIT only gaves you more HP but that's definetly something very useful too.

The choice is yours, I don't think full STR or full VIT will be the more ideal (although I'd say STR is more important), but PLD has more choices to play with, you could also go 50/50 split between the two or even add DEX a few points (block rate)

Jucksalbe

Banned
Still can't login. I guess through the whole "early access" period I was able to login twice and I never played very long because I didn't have much time (always had time when I couldn't login, of course). I guess I better wait a bit until I register my free 30 days, not worth it with how the situation is right now.

Eusis

Ultros should just be renamed "GAF". We're the zergiest of the zerg.
No that'd be terrible. We have a major poster named Ultros! and the namesake's a great character besides that. I'd just like to imagine we all picked the server in his honor or something.

Reishiki

Banned
1017.png

Dammit Leviathan, you've let me down this time.

Did someone played (real) end game content?

Actually, and IMO (still lvl 35 PLD), just depends of what you want to focus, STR does not only gives you higher dmg (who equals more hate) but also higher dmg mitigation when blocking, VIT only gaves you more HP but that's definetly something very useful too.

The choice is yours, I don't think full STR or full VIT will be the more ideal (although I'd say STR is more important), but PLD has more choices to play with, you could also go 50/50 split between the two or even add DEX a few points (block rate)

At level 22, I've put all mine into STR, but didn't want to keep doing that if the +30 VIT actually gave you a noticeable bump in HP at end game.

Ferrio

Banned

No.. it's broke because that's not how a queue works A queue shouldn't stop working just because there's no slots, that's the whole point of a queue.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Hmm. Wanted to get PC version of this but maybe I will get impatient and get the PS3 version. If I do, I will have to probably free up some space on my 60gb.

Only issue with ps3 is that the game can be a bit sluggish and framey in populated areas, and some of us have seen some crazy screen flickering glitches. I redownloaded the game hoping it may fix, but have yet to boot it up to see. Just something to keep in mind, but many others report no such issues. I also use s 60gb phat ps3.

I've had the most luck at the top of the hour with logging in...though it is nice being in the West so on my days off I can play at night when most of the country is asleep.

The situation on the servers with people AFKing just so they don't have fight to log in again is an impressive real world example of what economists refer to as "The Tragedy of the Commons."

supergiz

I hate it for that reason.

I enjoy playing with other people in MMORPGs but I hate the markets. Someone with more time and money will always control it. And I hate that I have to depend on other players to stock what I need and to price it reasonably.

Isn't that the deal with most things in life?

At level 22, I've put all mine into STR, but didn't want to keep doing that if the +30 VIT actually gave you a noticeable bump in HP at end game.

I think 30+ VIT gives you like 400-500 more HP, which is a decent jump. Still, VIT is not everything in a PLD.

It will depend on what will you focus, you can still use accesories and materia to made up for the VIT you didn't put points (or STR). I wouldn't stress too much into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom