• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

*Peers at the official response.*

About what I expected. Kinda surprised the population of each server is only 5000, it FEELS like a lot more then that. I guess I can understand why the Idle Auto Kick feature would be of secondary importance. Idling players isn't the core issue, it just heavily compounds an existing issue. It'd help, but so long as connection issues remained some players would find ways around the timer and keep compounding things.

Overall, good response, I feel like we have a better idea whats going on now.

Timeaisis

I don't understand, didn't they have access to preorder numbers?

My guess is that the hype for this game grew like a week before it's launch (during the end of the beta). Because of this many, many people pre-ordered like 1-3 days BEFORE early access event started. Myself included. So yeah, they definitely had access to pre-order numbers, but most likely experienced a surge of pre-orders a few days before. Obviously not enough time to add new servers.

WolvenOne

I don't understand, didn't they have access to preorder numbers?

Well, it depends on how well each retailer reported them. A lot of retailers may not report pre-orders, until cards are actually charged. In which case, Sqaure wouldn't have known until the very last minute.

VariantX

Nothing's better than to have the game crash right in the middle of your battle with a primal...knowing that you'll never get back in until maybe 1am to finish what you started.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well, today's the last day I don't log in before work. And if they do a idle thing I'll just tape my controller nob down to have me walk into a wall at the inn.

how many days we get for free now?

Guess is they extend 1.0 players form 2 weeks to 1 month. Probably why they did only 2 weeks to begin with.

antitrop

No, he said the main reason is because as there are 5k users at max, that number may be inacurate when they have too many ppl in the same areas, which in the end will cause server crashes,,, (too many people in the same map is a problem too)

At the game’s start, however, while everyone is still at a low level, the majority of players are concentrated in the three city-states and surrounding areas. This can not only lead to a lack of enemies to slay (preventing quest progression), but also see area servers overloaded, and ultimately lead to crashes.

Take that however you will.

Kenai

About what I expected. Kinda surprised the population of each server is only 5000, it FEELS like a lot more then that. I guess I can understand why the Idle Auto Kick feature would be of secondary importance. Idling players isn't the core issue, it just heavily compounds an existing issue. It'd help, but so long as connection issues remained some players would find ways around the timer and keep compounding things.

It's kinda crazy hearing about the 5000 per server cap since GAF's group alone has over 500 people in it lol.

NA/EU servers down? It can't retrieve the list and then bounces back to a "Lobby Error" after a few minutes.

My power went out mid-game but I don't know how that could harm it haha.

It's kinda crazy hearing about the 5000 per server cap since GAF's group alone has over 500 people in it lol.

5000 concurrent users though, the actual cap is several times greater than that.
Still, wouldn't surprise me if GAF is the largest FC.

I just logged out. Hope someone here can get in my place :)

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Man Yoshi can't take a break. Working his ass off for 3 years now, past launch. Shouldering all the blame, as well.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, assuming I get eventually tonight, how do you get your 1.0 Goobue mount back? I had no item in my inventory when I loaded up my toon.

Moaradin

What are all the mounts in this game that you can earn without CE or 1.0 stuff? I only know of the GC Chocobo and the one you get for beating the story. Oh and the class ones obviously.

Aeana

Huh. I know I'm spoiiled as a healer, but this is a little odd. I've been in the duty finder queue for Haukke Manor as WHM for almost 20 minutes. With every dungeon before now, it's been nearly instant.

TheContact

Dunno how people said they got 2k seals for mount in 30 minutes. Took me an hour to get 900 or so, doing fates and some levequests. I need to see if gc hunting logs at lvl 22 is doable to get seals

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Huh. I know I'm spoiiled as a healer, but this is a little odd. I've been in the duty finder queue for Haukke Manor as WHM for almost 20 minutes. With every dungeon before now, it's been nearly instant.

TWENTY WHOLE MINUTES BRO? FOR REAL? HOW HAVE YOU NOT KILLED YOURSELF YET??!?

KePoW

Banned

Read somehwere else that something is buggy with the Duty Finder.

Well after 45 min of laying on my bed texting in one hand and jamming x with the other, I've finally made it back in! If they get these servers up soon I'll gladly jump ship to another one. I've only been able to play twice now and I haven't made any friends yet so I wouldn't mind going elsewhere as long as I can log in reliably.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow @ 218,000 concurrent connections. Didn't expect the demand for this game to be this high.

I've been playing on Ultima (JPN server) with friends and luckily have managed to avoid all of the connection issues I've been reading about here.

Reishiki

Banned
I'm just glad I've unlocked scholar so I can get arcanist XP without queueing for dungeons on summoner. Hope more classes get choices like this in future.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I REALLY wish my character was on a Japanese server. I tried logging in on a toon I made on Fenrir and log sin no problem.

Well after 45 min of laying on my bed texting in one hand and jamming x with the other, I've finally made it back in! If they get these servers up soon I'll gladly jump ship to another one. I've only been able to play twice now and I haven't made any friends yet so I wouldn't mind going elsewhere as long as I can log in reliably.

It will be interesting if they offer everyone a free transfer. Watch everyone jump ship to a Japanese server where Square actually gives a shit.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

My only point of reference is the original EverQuest when they still disclosed logged in user numbers for each server on the login screen. The shit used to hit the fan when any server had more than 3,000 people on it. I imagine server technology has come a long ways since the year 1999~2000, though.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
I am so frustrated with their account management system.

I've got a 1.0 Collectors Edition and trying to register the code to my old account that's been around since 2009, it was fine and I was able to get into the beta because of that but now when I re-enter it (the new login system), it says I've registered the code already.

Their support page is -garbage- and trying to get a hold of anyone is near impossible.

I understand that there is probably a ton of pages and links I have to filter through to get the answer but DAMN, it should not be this hard. Battle.Net and even NCSoft do a much better job with their management system and I'm confused as to why it's so difficult for Sony/Squenix.

Sorry, had to rant but it's frustrating me that I'm really wanting to try this game and the system in place is terrible. At least for me, that has an old account. Anyone else have this issue or have found a workaround/decent customer support?

wrongway

Well that was mean. Got home, sat down, logged on and bam, land in a ~300 person queue. A minute later it starts to load. Fantastic.

"Connection to the server was lost."

"This World is currently full."

nogodpleaseno.gif

I bought the PS3 version and I heard once you registered that and signed up for a SQEE account you can also download the PC client and play on there with your same account. Is that correct? Or do I need to buy a PC license as well?

T.O.P

Banned
What a fun day, just took Titan down, amazing fight, and i keep getting shocked at how good the music is in this game

iDmvFcVzU5PSw.png

well, gnight gaf <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom