• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeitgeist

So redeeming the second code on the actual PSN is the last step until Saturday right?

EDIT: I feel bad now, it was answered one post above me :(

Ok got my code from site for ps3 once inputed do I have to sit through that download again or is my open beta launcher gonna be useable for EA?

Edit: on my se account now it shows ffxiv arr registered on there after code entry so I guess I should be good.

Reveirg

I bought the CE to and it only displayed

Permanent Options
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Windows(R)
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Test Windows(R)
Mog Cap
Cait Sith Doll Minion

The CE items code is presumably in the actual physical packaged game.

Mr. Fix

I just watched the 1st tour of Eorzea video.. I said goddamn. There's just no way I can see this running well on the ps3 with that many people. I would have expected them to put up a smaller player cap for the home console versions. Oh god, here's hoping!

chrono01

I just watched the 1st tour of Eorzea video.. I said goddamn. There's just no way I can see this running well on the ps3 with that many people. I would have expected them to put up a smaller player cap for the home console versions. Oh god, here's hoping!
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is optimized insanely well.

You'd be surprised what it can do.

Goli

I played the beta on both platforms and generally the PC version showed all players at once present in the area shown on the screen while the PS3 version only showed a few and the rest appeared out of nowhere if you stood somewhere long enough.

If I liked WoW will I like this? This is $60 and a monthly sub?

I mean this in the best possible way - yes, it feels like Vanilla WoW, but instead of griffin flight paths, you just teleport to any crystal hub you've visited and dungeon finder (not in Vanilla) unlocks after a main story quest around Lv15 (about 3 hours in).

It's pretty damn good.

If I liked WoW will I like this? This is $60 and a monthly sub?

I do and do. Combat's similar, if a little slower. It's got a dungeon finder system(which many mmos hav e been missing on launch) and the crafting jobs are a ton of fun. For hte PC it's 30 dollars for the standard edition and the same wow subcriptions prices.

Teletraan1

Banned
Entered my 18 character code, followed the Link and entered the 20 character code. No idea if any of it is actually on my account since nothing shows there. Here is hoping it all worked.

Hey so does anyone have a newer link for those AF armors posted earlier in the thread? Link was broken could see it.

Funny enough, the 3 links I knew of has been taken down. I don't wanna make any assumptions but it looks like SE had them taken down? (lol)

But here's an alternate someone posted on reddit:

mMDrEUu.jpg

Only had a framerate problem once on PS3 in P3 and that was with like 60+ people all on chocobos in a huddle on the bridge near Drybone
And even then it was just slightly slowed.

Mr. Fix

It's ran very well in P3 and P4.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is optimized insanely well.

You'd be surprised what it can do.

I played the beta on both platforms and generally the PC version showed all players at once present in the area shown on the screen while the PS3 version only showed a few and the rest appeared out of nowhere if you stood somewhere long enough.

Only had a framerate problem once on PS3 in P3 and that was with like 60+ people all on chocobos in a huddle on the bridge near Drybone
And even then it was just slightly slowed.

Then I know what my next game is! I assume that if I were to switch over to the ps4 version later, I'd just have to buy the game again without any alterations to my account so all seems fine. Sweet!

Are there any greatswords (2h) in the game? If so, which class uses them?
Which class/spec is the healing class/spec?

And to those that played beta is the world static and everything themepark or are there events and a more dynamic world?

Also, is there a day/night cycle?

thanks!

And to those that played beta is the world static and everything themepark or are there events and a more dynamic world?

thanks!

- No 2h swords yet.

- CNJ/WHM and ACN/SCH

- Themepark MMO

- Yes

Nirran

thanks!

1. Not yet.
2. Conjurers (White Mage) and Arcanists (Scholar).
3. Fates tend to keep people running around. Haven't seen much other than that though.
4. Yes and it's awesome!

WolvenOne

My old gaming Desktop is back up and running! Just in time for early access.

Also, I'm downloading the latest AMD 7000 series beta driver, as its supposed to improve performance for FFXIV ARR.

thanks!

No greatswords.

Healers right now are the Conjurer, which will eventually be a White Mage. Additionally, The Arcanist starts off as a DPS class, but one of it's jobs is the Scholar, which will be a healer. Arcanist gets a heal that is enough to carry your squad through the first dungeon, but after that, it's gonna be shaky.

As far as the world, it's more themepark in the sense that there are quest hubs, but this game doesn't have quests as your primary souce of leveling. You also have the hunting log, Fates (large public quests) Guildhests (short group based missons) and Levequests (Short missions that can be soloed or shared in a group). You also have both a main story questline for the main plot, and a questline that's specific to your class that progress every few levels or so.

Yes, there is a day/night cycle.

...I think I got everything.

rezn0r

I distinctly remember buying Final Fantasy XI in 2004 and staying up all night playing it the first night and then never playing it again.

Well, fuck, here we go. *pre-orders*

much much much different than launch-XI. lots of guides, way better UI, etc.

i loved XI and played it for 7 years... the things that would scare away new players in that game don't exist in this one

Varna

As long as it's not a stupid tank like in FFXI.

My heart sank when I found out that Ninja was used for tanking in that game. I wanted a high level monk and a high level ninja so bad when I first picked it up.

Hopefully when they introduce a new tank, they'll do something really unique. I've been waiting for an MMO to introduce a mage tank. Attacks with spells, wears cloth, uses magic to supplement the fact that, well, he's a mage.

I'd really like to play a tank like that.

Ninja tank was awesome. Survived every attempt from SE nerf it it to hell and back. I'm curious though, what was the intended role for NIN in FFXI? Certain not damage dealer... those ninja spells were not too good for damage dealing either.

I tried to pull this mage tank combo in FFXI with Red Mage. Using a blink, stone skin and the ninja blink spells (forget the name). Never worked because there was a bit too much down time and no real way to keep enemy attention. If this game got some mage tank I would be all over it.

akaoni

Banned
My man :)

Hey be sure to watch this commercial for the game to get pumped for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmcnGxPV50k

Doesn't show males changing into females. Fraudulent commercial.

The lightning is particularly amazing, experienced it in the Black shroud while leveling in phase 4, may sound crazy but it felt and sounded like the real thing.

It got me all giddy on my voice comms with a friend, "ERHHHMAAHGAWDD, you see that bro, LIGHTNING!"

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Great OP! Answered a lot of the questions I had.

I don't even remember if I paid a dime in monthly fees for the game. But the beta sold me, I'm gone this weekend though! So no early access - maybe sunday night.

somesang

Ninja tank was awesome. Survived every attempt from SE nerf it it to hell and back. I'm curious though, what was the intended role for NIN in FFXI? Certain not damage dealer... those ninja spells were not too good for damage dealing either.

I tried to pull this mage tank combo in FFXI with Red Mage. Using a blink, stone skin and the ninja blink spells (forget the name). Never worked because there was a bit too much down time and no real way to keep enemy attention. If this game got some mage tank I would be all over it.
Ninja tank was all I ever knew. I remember the first time I timed all my Utsusemi Ichis just right, a japanese WHM was all like good tank! I was like, alright. Now that I think back on it, screw that guy. Healer getting a free ride.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
All the ninja talk is making me sad, Ninja was my favourite in 11, I spent like 3 days unlocking that job. And then never got invited to parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom