• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if a healer can't get a group quickly, then DPS certainly have no hope, eh? Sorry.

ps, I'm not a "bro."

From what I've heard from other friends, Haukke's been hot yesterday and today. Also, healer numbers might be rising from Arcanists becoming Scholars.

I bought the PS3 version and I heard once you registered that and signed up for a SQEE account you can also download the PC client and play on there with your same account. Is that correct? Or do I need to buy a PC license as well?

PS3 version links to that PSN ID, so I believe it can only be played on PS3.

I would give my left nut to move past the 1017 error right now. So if anyone is in the market for a used testicle and has a AFK character they would be willing to log out, PM me and lets work out a deal.

Hellers

Dunno how people said they got 2k seals for mount in 30 minutes. Took me an hour to get 900 or so, doing fates and some levequests. I need to see if gc hunting logs at lvl 22 is doable to get seals

For me it took about 45 mins redoing the same two grand company levequests in the same place. Each one netted me about 200 seals. I also did one of the grand company hunting log entries which was nearby for about 300 seals.

Mechakira

Neo Member
Uuugghhhh I was just tanking Behemoth on Ultros (Ragnar) up until the fate ended, walking to the second part of it and I get a fucking 90000 error. Stuck in world full hell now.

Vestal

What I don't really understand is their math..

5000 per server x 50 servers split down the middle between JP and US/EU = 250k simultaneous connections.

Were their expectations truly that low?!?! From a Customer Service perspective you ensure you have more than enough to accommodate all your users. What is happening right now, is leaving a really bad picture of how they manage thing in the eyes of consumers.

At the end of the day the biggest FUCKUP they have made is the non existent queue. If they had a FUCKING QUEUE that worked, people wouldn't be as fucking upset as they are right now regarding all of this.

But hey back to 1017 for me..

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It will be interesting if they offer everyone a free transfer. Watch everyone jump ship to a Japanese server where Square actually gives a shit.
Does it ever get old saying this over and over? Do you REALLY think there are as many people on the JPN servers as the NA ones?

PatzCU

If I buy this on Amazon, does my 1 free month start the moment I buy it or will it be something like 1 month from account creation? I'd like to get this installed and ready to go but want to wait for this server madness to die down before I get emotionally involved like the rest of you ;)

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
Healers of GAF, what is your opinion on using Cleric Stance in groups?

And what is the ettiquite on asking tanks (or even DPS) to grab hate from myself?

I'm happy to heal all, but I can't do it from the grave...

Ferrio

Banned
If I buy this on Amazon, does my 1 free month start the moment I buy it or will it be something like 1 month from account creation? I'd like to get this installed and ready to go but want to wait for this server madness to die down before I get emotionally involved like the rest of you ;)

Account creation.

Khrno

I asked this before but got no answer:

Has anyone seen quests level 46 (outside Mor Dhona), level 47, 48 and 49 (outside Northern Thanalan)?

I stopped levelling MN at 46 when the story quest jumped from level 46 to 49, and couldn't continue the story as SMN, now if there are no more sidequests of those levels I'll have to just farm FATEs.

akaoni

Banned
Dunno how people said they got 2k seals for mount in 30 minutes. Took me an hour to get 900 or so, doing fates and some levequests. I need to see if gc hunting logs at lvl 22 is doable to get seals

I went to the outpost that offers leves with seals as a reward in East Shroud and picked up 200-250 seals per leve by putting the difficulty at max and beating them as fast as possible, one involved killing a single enemy which can be done in a minute. It's certainly doable but YMMV depending on what class you are. I was using archer so I steamrolled them all.

Kerrinck

Thinking of going back into the game and have a couple of questions, hopefully they haven't been asked too many times before.

Is the interface more user friendly now? Remember playing it at the beginning and being way too confused with everything.

Also, can you go solo or is being part of a group a must for high end quests?

Shouta

And what is the ettiquite on asking tanks (or even DPS) to grab hate from myself?

If you can squeeze it in between heals and nukes without affecting efficiency, then i should be fine. But it'll be pretty hard to do that normally so I'd say avoid it, at least in light parties It might be easier in a Full party.

As for etiquette? I just yell at them to get that stuff off me, lol. Mobs shouldn't be hitting you unless everything has gone crazy.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
5k concurrent, pretty low :(

but the world is kinda small so that's probably for the best

What's considered a good number these days? Like I said earlier, EverQuest would shit the bed when numbers went above 3k, but that was 13 years ago.

Does anyone know what the capacity is for WoW servers, for example?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Of course there aren't. That's why people are pissed.
So why are you complaining about that then? Specially after they explained further details about the server capacity issues. Them "caring more about japan!" has nothing to do with the issue here and is a non-issue. The problem comes from there being a fuck ton of players on the servers on the NA side. Which they have been addressing everyday.

Awesome, took down Behemoth on Leviathan just now. World first is what they're saying.* I died like 5 times but whatever, it's kinda hard to avoid dying when the damn thing is flashing in and out of existence every few seconds lol

* reading now that it's not - possibly second

Korezo

Gaius has to be the best villain in a ff game his theme and additude reminds me of Caius from FFXIII-2. They are basically the same, look at the names. Also most interesting ff story ever.

Lain

I went to watch 2 episodes of Supernatural (Supernatural rocks) hoping to have more luck after, but I still can't get on. Maybe I should go play some Saints Row 4.

My friend healed right up until the boss in Tamtara in cleric stance, but that was because he forgot he had it on lol. I'm not sure what the cooldown is but if things get rough, it's probably best to cut it.

As for tanking, an alert tank should notice right away if all of the enemies on the list aren't attacking him or her, but if you're not fighting an enemy with wide range aoe, just run up next to them-but not away. It's hard to play tag and also try to keep the other mobs occupied.

Mrg8523-

What a fun day, just took Titan down, amazing fight, and i keep getting shocked at how good the music is in this game

iDmvFcVzU5PSw.png

well, gnight gaf <3

Where is that robe from? I've seen people with it and I want it.

Khrno

Anyone done Hydra yet? Most we could get it was around 40%, our lack of better (newer) accessories and I believe, a SCH in the party, were the main reason we couldn't get it lower.

Gotta work on getting those new items crafted now.

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
If you can squeeze it in between heals and nukes without affecting efficiency, then i should be fine. But it'll be pretty hard to do that normally so I'd say avoid it, at least in light parties It might be easier in a Full party.

As for etiquette? I just yell at them to get that stuff off me, lol. Mobs shouldn't be hitting you unless everything has gone crazy.

I just get so scared that I might miss a heal on my Tank and don't even want to move away from the Fkeys. I may try to incorporate Cleric Stance into my play. Is it wotrh it to get the Thaumaturge DoT?

Pachinko

What I don't really understand is their math..

5000 per server x 50 servers split down the middle between JP and US/EU = 250k simultaneous connections.

Were their expectations truly that low?!?! From a Customer Service perspective you ensure you have more than enough to accommodate all your users. What is happening right now, is leaving a really bad picture of how they manage thing in the eyes of consumers.

At the end of the day the biggest FUCKUP they have made is the non existent queue. If they had a FUCKING QUEUE that worked, people wouldn't be as fucking upset as they are right now regarding all of this.

But hey back to 1017 for me..

250,000 simultaneous connections = 1.5 million copies sold , given the disaster of 3 years ago I say that was perhaps overestimating things a bit so basically this game exceeded squares wildest predictions

Ferrio

Banned
250,000 simultaneous connections = 1.5 million copies sold , given the disaster of 3 years ago I say that was perhaps overestimating things a bit so basically this game exceeded squares wildest predictions

I can forgive them for underestimating how many users they have. I still can't fathom how they have the same amount of servers for a small island nation as they do for two continents combined. On one hand I hope it's because of racism... cause damn that's a really really really stupid mistake to make.

PatzCU

Nevermind, Amazon digital sales of FFXIV are closed until they sort out server issues. Wah wahhhhhhh.

Pretty certain a game would have to be built from the ground up with that in mind to be possible. Let's just be happy with a proper server queue and afk time out for now.

Not sure why a game would have to built from the ground up for that but yeah I'd be happy with just the 2 points you mention. I've been saying it since EA start.

Lain

As a level 32 White Mage, I never use Cleric Stance in parties. I almost never cast attack spells either, because usually I need that GCD to get off a heal or a dispel, though sometimes I get those well equipped tanks that sustain damage quite nicely and are able to hold on all the hate, so I can take the time to cast an Aero or a Thunder here and there, and even some Stone 2.
Mostly though I found more problems than anything else doing something other than healing, so I try to keep it at that when in a group.

You shouldn't need to ask the tank or someone else to grab the hate off you, the tank should do it as soon as the mob starts running for the healer (or anyone else, for that matter), but if he doesn't and no one tries to grab it off you, simply ask him to take it off you. Also as a stupid suggestion, I'd advice to run toward the group and not away from the group in those cases.

wrongway

I've barely touched Cleric Stance so far (level 20) in dungeons. It seems like fights are either over trivially fast anyway, or the damage output from the mobs is high enough that I'm not comfortable spending the super-long GCD on a nuke.

As for drawing aggro, try just announcing "on me" in party chat, and drag your attacker over to your tank so he can see it and pick it up without goofing up positioning for the DPS. If you feel like being really fancy, you can use the target markers (I think the menu is called "Signs" in the lower right button array) to mark your attacker too.

Logging in has gotten much worse for me. I've been trying for 2 straight hours, and it hasn't been like this ever for me. I haven't mashed X this much since Final Fantasy XIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom