• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Uh, there is a place in Upper LL called MAELSTROM COMMAND with a giant logo on it. Check there.
Went there plenty of times, no one there is giving quests.

Edit: found the quest-giver in the Drydocks. Thanks for the condescension though.

Having a bit of an issue finding levequests for my Miner to do around level 26. I can find camps that offer level 25 ones, but they don't seem to offer any gathering quests and such.

Anyone happen to know where it'd be possible to find some?

Kyon

Banned
So where is the Flopning quest so I can kill ha repeatedly and steal all her looT
iBNURTqODWz4J.jpg

chrono01

fuuuuck. guide says momodi has the next quest.

ffxiv_08292013_205631.png

fuck everything.

now what?
What does the rest of the quest say? I just completed that one earlier today and didn't have an issue.

Are you sure that there wasn't an NPC in the area where you defeated the Thieves that lead you to Momodi? Wait, if this is directly after the Thieves incident, aren't you supposed to talk to Papashan in the Royal Chamber [or whatever it's called] in Ul'dahn? It's where you encountered Owyne initially.

I can't remember if there was another quest-giver near the river-bed where you did battle or not...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
ARGH!! Still getting the PS3 graphics flicker issue after downloading the client twice!

I found a video someone posted online with the same issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBdF1BJMJKc

Anyone else seeing this too??? I don't think it's my PS3 crapping out as no other game is giving the same trouble, and I just spent 20 hours playing through Last of Us right before this game launched. Also been laying Tales of Xillia when I can't login and zero problems.

Launch 60gb PS3 model. PS4 version can't get here soon enough...

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
This server situation might solve itself. I can see a lot of people just saying fuck it and quitting. SE is blowing their second chance, bigtime.

Azrael

So glad I'm off work for a week and a half. I can log in early in the morning when everyone is asleep, play all day when they're at work, and log out and do other things in the evening. And by the time I go back to work this crap will be straightened out.

Vestal

This server situation might solve itself. I can see a lot of people just saying fuck it and quitting. SE is blowing their second chance, bigtime.

I decided hey fuck it Ill create a toon on another server and fool around a bit, turns out ALL OF THE NA SERVERS ARE LOCKED.. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

What does the rest of the quest say? I just completed that one earlier today and didn't have an issue.

Are you sure that there wasn't an NPC in the area where you defeated the Thieves that lead you to Momodi? Wait, if this is directly after the Thieves incident, aren't you supposed to talk to Papashan in the Royal Chamber [or whatever it's called] in Ul'dahn? It's where you encountered Owyne initially.

I can't remember if there was another quest-giver near the river-bed where you did battle or not...

ffxiv_08292013_210506.png

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
So glad I'm off work for a week and a half. I can log in early in the morning when everyone is asleep, play all day when they're at work, and log out and do other things in the evening. And by the time I go back to work this crap will be straightened out.

I started a new character late last night. I almost wish I'd AFK'd all day today while I was away from home because I've been trying to get back on for hours.

chrono01

Okay, that's really strange.

Are you sure that there's no quest in Heart of the Sworn? I believe after you complete the quest you link Papashan is supposed to give you a quest to see Momodi [so she can "learn" you of the ways to act around royalty].

Did you try checking there again? Maybe the quest-giver just didn't load for whatever reason.

Edit - Oh, you can't enter? That's...unfortunate. ~_~

I'm really not sure what you should do. I'm 99.9% sure that the quest that leads to Momodi started in the Heart of the Sworn.

TheContact

ARGH!! Still getting the PS3 graphics flicker issue after downloading the client twice!

Anyone else seeing this too??? I don't think it's my PS3 crapping out as no other game is giving the same trouble, and I just spent 20 hours playing through Last of Us right before this game launched. Also been laying Tales of Xillia when I can't login and zero problems.

Launch 60gb PS3 model. PS4 version can't get here soon enough...

I have a launch 60gb ps3 and I have no problems with the DL client. I also have the disc but I've never launched from it. That's really strange. Wonder if clearing the cache or also deleting the game data would fix it? I dunno

Got up today and hopped on just to see how full the servers are at 7am cst. All but two were locked, was a pretty crazy thing to see. Feel bad for those that never made it to the servers with their friends.

TAJ

Lol, the maximum number of players is 5,000?
When I started playing FFXI on Phoenix, (I later migrated to join GAF) peak was routinely 6,500 to 7,000. Maybe 4,500 on a slow day after server maintenance.

well i guess im fucked.

i can't even register on there forums :/

I try everything... but yeah...
Main character has not been selected yet.
Please select the main character from the menu shown below.
* You cannot use the forum service until the main character is selected.

Midou

Could they not have just rented like an unrealistic amount of server space for like the first month at least to balance the load, then after the first month, see how many are paying and judge how many servers to have from there? I mean rental wise I don't imagine it's nearly as costly.

I was a bit bitter about 2 week trial as 1.0 player, but now I'm extra bitter since I won't even be able to play for half of my trial time...

Anyone else seeing this too??? I don't think it's my PS3 crapping out as no other game is giving the same trouble, and I just spent 20 hours playing through Last of Us right before this game launched.
If this was a PC, I'd say your graphics card was on the way out. So yeah...

Cryst

So basically between 9 and midnight if you're not in, you might as well go to bed

Not sure what time zone he's referring to. I'm on the west coast so hit heavy congestion between 5 and 7, 9 and onwards let's me in within 10mins or sooner. Behemoth server.

louis0nfire

Neo Member
I really want to pick this up tomorrow after work, but if it's been this bad during the week I can't imagine how bad it'll be on a Friday night.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I have a launch 60gb ps3 and I have no problems with the DL client. I also have the disc but I've never launched from it. That's really strange. Wonder if clearing the cache or also deleting the game data would fix it? I dunno

Tried that already. :( Deleted my copy and redownloaded hoping there was something screwy the first go. Just tried different HDMI cables too. Just dunno what to think. I'll post on the official forums about the issue.

Mandoric

Banned
I can forgive them for underestimating how many users they have. I still can't fathom how they have the same amount of servers for a small island nation as they do for two continents combined. On one hand I hope it's because of racism... cause damn that's a really really really stupid mistake to make.

FFXI was maybe 6:5:4 JP:NA:EU. There's not really a racial tinge, just the fact that WoW never officially launched in Japan so FFXIV is the heir to the "biggest mmo ever" throne there.

I really want to pick this up tomorrow after work, but if it's been this bad during the week I can't imagine how bad it'll be on a Friday night.

lol if you plan on playing at night don't even bother picking up. The only time I'm able to login is at like 7 in the morning. Been trying for past 2 1/2 hours to get in with no luck

Razma1

Lets try to do behemoth on ultros when he's up near 3-4 pm pacific. Should be that time if its a 24h respawn. Make sure to drop all gfx and like settings to low so the culling isn't as bad. We almost had him today but healers couldn't target the tank lol.

Midou

lol if you plan on playing at night don't even bother picking up. The only time I'm able to login is at like 7 in the morning. Been trying for past 2 1/2 hours to get in with no luck

I've managed to get on around 9 AM EST past two days, and play until like noon, but then I got shit to do and I feel bad AFKing so I go off, too bad not a lot of people feel bad AFKing.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
As a pure FYI, i haven't seen a single 1017 on Shiva in two days.

.. Ultros is crowded, man.

Pretty much the same situation here, the only time I can log on is at 6am in the morning, but by 615, I have to leave for work. Once I come home, I pretty much can't ever log in so I give up.

Nibiru

Banned
At this point I say ban, for a week, every person that has been AFK for an hour or more.

This is ridiculous. SE are to blame for the server issues not the consumers that just want to ensure that they can play when they get off work. I get the selflessness of logging out so others can log in but the moment you do that you are pretty much done for the day because you will never get in again.

If you can't beat em join em. SE will fix this next week anyway, it is their responsibility. It is also their fault for not putting an afk timer on. To call for the players to be punished when we have already been punished is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom