• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusano123

Neo Member
I died during ifrit battle but my party won. However, my character still remains dead on the ground and I can't teleport my way out. Whelp.

gatti-man

This is ridiculous. SE are to blame for the server issues not the consumers that just want to ensure that they can play when they get off work. I get the selflessness of logging out so others can log in but the moment you do that you are pretty much done for the day because you will never get in again.

If you can't beat em join em. SE will fix this next week anyway, it is their responsibility. It is also their fault for not putting an afk timer on. To call for the players to be punished when we have already been punished is silly.

It's also incredibly wasteful. Thousands of gaming computers burning up resources all night is d u m b.

Pachinko

It's odd that 9-12 are the peak times because that's usually the only time I can get in. Ah well, I have no real complaints. I work a pretty standard job and have things to do outside of playing an online game that will still be there every day for the next 5 + years. 1 week of server issues isn't much.

I can recall when I first played WOW , it was over a year after it launched right when they started giving out free trials to people. The average wait time to log in to the game was a que of 500+, this tended to take upwards of an hour.

So really, the only issue with how things are going at the moment relates to the 1017 message. They just lock out log in attempts if the server is hovering around that 5000 player mark. Were they to extend a queing system to players getting 1017, you'd probably find there were over 1000 people trying to get in at the same time and then you get server instability , crashes, errors, etc etc.

Midou

This is ridiculous. SE are to blame for the server issues not the consumers that just want to ensure that they can play when they get off work. I get the selflessness of logging out so others can log in but the moment you do that you are pretty much done for the day because you will never get in again.

If you can't beat em join em. SE will fix this next week anyway, it is their responsibility. It is also their fault for not putting an afk timer on. To call for the players to be punished when we have already been punished is silly.

I see what you're saying, but imagine if every single person who stopped playing logged off, you are far more likely to have players going in and coming out often enough that you can usually play. It's true that SE should have thought ahead, but I'm sure if no one AFK'd, you'd have a lot less issues. It's an issue made worse by the fact that everyone is doing it.

akaoni

Banned
what am i doing wrong here?

fm.PNG

Click the star I think.

LegendX48

anyone else having completely random issues just lagging so hard that it crashes to the desktop? Happened to me twice so far, just lagged out to the desktop :\

Joqu

yeah, for the quest. i met some royal mini person. now i can't enter there.

Hey, I'm pretty sure I got stuck there too. I might be remembering it wrong, but it was definitely one of the level 14 Ul'dah story quests. I think I had to talk to one of the guards near the heart of the sworn first, and he didn't have a quest marker on him. He would then let you enter so you could continue the quest. But again, I might be wrong about this!

daveo42

Banned
Lets try to do behemoth on ultros when he's up near 3-4 pacific. Should be that time if its a 24h respawn. Make sure to drop all gfx and like settings to low so the culling isn't as bad. We almost had him today but healers couldn't target the tank lol.

I can try and be there at 6am est, but won't be able to stay longer than an hour. Also, I'm only 44 right now so I'm not sure how much help I could be.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Is there any way to switch to keyboard controls once you've gone to gamepad? I can't find the option anywhere in the configuration. Or do I have to actually unplug the gamepad from my PC to get it to default to keyboard controls?

akaoni

Banned
Is there any way to switch to keyboard controls once you've gone to gamepad? I can't find the option anywhere in the configuration. Or do I have to actually unplug the gamepad from my PC to get it to default to keyboard controls?

Character config -> Gamepad/Mouse icons at top of left list.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I can try and be there at 6am est, but won't be able to stay longer than an hour. Also, I'm only 44 right now so I'm not sure how much help I could be.

lv44?
Isn't this a new server?

TheContact

Tried that already. :( Deleted my copy and redownloaded hoping there was something screwy the first go. Just tried different HDMI cables too. Just dunno what to think. I'll post on the official forums about the issue.

Do you have another HDMI TV/Monitor you can try? Maybe for some reason it's a TV issue? Couldn't hurt to rule it out

TheContact

My hour of game time I had tonight turned into an hour of trying to log in, so even if I get in now I have about 3 minutes to play =/, at least I got some time in this morning, hope I have better luck tomorrow

FLEABttn

Banned

We can ascribe guilt to both parties. It's ultimately the fault of SE but the consumers who choose to partake in the anti-social behavior are not blameless.

ARGH!! Still getting the PS3 graphics flicker issue after downloading the client twice!

I found a video someone posted online with the same issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBdF1BJMJKc

Anyone else seeing this too??? I don't think it's my PS3 crapping out as no other game is giving the same trouble, and I just spent 20 hours playing through Last of Us right before this game launched. Also been laying Tales of Xillia when I can't login and zero problems.

Launch 60gb PS3 model. PS4 version can't get here soon enough...

That SAME thing just happened to me earlier today. I'm playing on PC and I freaked out thinking it was my GPU, so I tried a few other games and there were no artifacts at all, thank goodness. I uninstalled FF, redownloaded the FF client, and reinstalled it. No problems anymore :).

It's definitely an engine/program issue I'd imagine, as apparently it happens on both platforms.

ARGH!! Still getting the PS3 graphics flicker issue after downloading the client twice!

Anyone else seeing this too??? I don't think it's my PS3 crapping out as no other game is giving the same trouble, and I just spent 20 hours playing through Last of Us right before this game launched. Also been laying Tales of Xillia when I can't login and zero problems.

That's your PS3 dying. When the GPU starts to die you get texture flickers and stretching. It also doesn't happen in every game. When it happened to me, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Portal 2 were like that, while Uncharted and Final Fantasy XIII were completely fine.

Didn't realize my two free weeks from owning the original started immediately. Thought I'd just get to activate it when I was ready. Kind of lame to see two days already gone when I logged into their site.

EDIT: Oh, can't join a single NA server anyway. Awesome launch.

My internet cut out mid-gathering. This resulted in my having to reset my password and re-register my game before I could even get to the point where I need to spam the character select screen with some vague hope of getting back in.

I'm enjoying the game but it's pathetic this is still happening so long after early access started.

Teknoman

Gaius has to be the best villain in a ff game his theme and additude reminds me of Caius from FFXIII-2. They are basically the same, look at the names. Also most interesting ff story ever.

He seems more like a Golbez or Gabranth type bad guy. "Dignified yet fearsome".

Noi

Christ, I was just doing the Svara's Fall FATE and doing fine in the prelure FATEs for it, but there were so many summon pets that the actual dragon never loaded for me and I ended up dying from invisible dragon breath. First thing that's legitimately pissed me off.

I'd pay money just for an option to disable those things from view.

Hrm... I wonder if this achievement is bugged.

The 'Snake in the Brass II (and I) are telling me I've gotten more seals than I know I have.

It says I've gotten north of 10,000 seals but I know for a fact I've gotten about half that.

Oh wow. Just picked this game up and it won't let me make a character on anything but an EU server. I am on the West Coast of the US.

This should be great.

Hey, I'm pretty sure I got stuck there too. I might be remembering it wrong, but it was definitely one of the level 14 Ul'dah story quests. I think I had to talk to one of the guards near the heart of the sworn first, and he didn't have a quest marker on him. He would then let you enter so you could continue the quest. But again, I might be wrong about this!

barth.PNG

nope.

you know... i've had shitty mmo experiences... ff14 is most definitely my worst. it just kinda bums me out.

Is it even possible to make toons on ultros? What if I delete this one?

Varna

Lol, the maximum number of players is 5,000?
When I started playing FFXI on Phoenix, (I later migrated to join GAF) peak was routinely 6,500 to 7,000. Maybe 4,500 on a slow day after server maintenance.

This is what I thinking too.

The server upgrades that are happening are just going to be adding new worlds or increasing capacity on existing ones?

Animekatt

Mine still does this after I redownloaded the game. It's very hard to play.

KuroNeeko

I imagine log in troubles will be at their worst this weekend. It'll be the first weekend of the game and people will be picking up the game and trying to get in. People who DO get in will play longer and some will probably idle their characters so they can get in later.

Just get ready for it.

A couple of questions for everyone...

I just started playing an Arcanist on Durandal and am worried that the 12 hotkey slots (console version) won't be nearly enough when juggling damage / healing / pet skills. Is this the case? Are pet classes / healing classes going to be that much harder on a controller?

I'm also curious how the Might classes play. I'm interested in trying Lancer / Pugilist / Archer but they seem simple - meaning that you'll basically be following the same rotations for each fight. My main in WoW was a druid and I played a feral / restro hybrid spec from Vanilla to the end of Burning Crusade. Having options and flexibility is super appealing to me. My highest alts were Warlock (affliction / demonic sacrifice until it was changed) and a Death Knight (frost).

What jobs in FFXIV offer the same amount of flexibility in what they can do? Which classes offer interesting choices with each battle?

Just curious to hear what you play and why you chose it.

Also, does anyone know what level you have to be to show up on Lodestone?

TnK

Hi GAF, I asked here about the collector's edition registering as normal, and whether or not I would be getting getting the pre-order items. I was told that it doesn't mention in the mog network, but I would be getting the items via mail from the mog in game. I have not recieved my items, is this normal?

Tirod

I just finished creating my character and I knew going into this process tonight I was going to run into trouble getting in game, but I can't even save all the progress I've done creating my character for a long period of time until I actually enter the game? That sucks. /:

Well, looks like I'm not playing anymore tonight. Over the past hour and a half I managed to get in 2 queues but they both kicked to a 1017. Oh well, got a lot done earlier today so I'm not too upset. Just wanted to get a bit closer to Garuda!

man... im really bummed out. haven't been bummed out about a game in ages... was gonna take tomorrow off of work to play... but I guess ill go to work tomorrow.

/sulks

I log in and select character, loading screen appears for 10 seconds then kicks me out. Happened twice just now.

First time this has happened to me. This is also the first time that it is taking me more than 30 mins to get inside the game.

I just finished creating my character and I knew going into this process tonight I was going to run into trouble getting in game, but I can't even save all the progress I've done creating my character for a long period of time until I actually enter the game? That sucks. /:

You can create your characters look and save it without choosing a server.

So for anyone who botched adding their game key incorrectly to their existing preorder account, have you been contacted at all by SE? All I got was an email on Tuesday saying they were looking at my trouble ticket within the next 2 business days.

crozier

I died during ifrit battle but my party won. However, my character still remains dead on the ground and I can't teleport my way out. Whelp.
Wait for the timer to run out and you'll get ported out automatically....still dead, but you'll get credit for the quest.

Eyothrie

Controller ppl, in large FATEs, I'm having a hard time targeting new enemies after my target is killed. Is there an easy way to target enemies when the screen is filled with players and enemies?

Joqu

nope.

you know... i've had shitty mmo experiences... ff14 is most definitely my worst. it just kinda bums me out.

Is it even possible to make toons on ultros? What if I delete this one?

Weird, I'm certain it was this quest I got stuck on, thinking my game got glitched, and it turned out to be something silly like that.

Guess your game really is glitched then, I'm sorry I couldn't help. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom