• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

barth.PNG

nope.

you know... i've had shitty mmo experiences... ff14 is most definitely my worst. it just kinda bums me out.

Is it even possible to make toons on ultros? What if I delete this one?

Its not a glitch or anything, its definitely got to be something really small that you're missing. I know that after that quest,
you get the crown back, then you go to return it to where Papashan and the other guards are stationed. Afterwards you end up getting introduced to Raubahn.
Maybe someone could go check the sequence of cutscenes for that quest in the inn?

Oh is that what the save slots were for? So if I quit out of this world selection screen, all I lose is the deity sign, moon cycle and whatever else, but not my appearance?

Yea you can save a bunch of character designs to load into various servers. You just have to pick your job/diety stuff before you pick a server each time.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Do you have another HDMI TV/Monitor you can try? Maybe for some reason it's a TV issue? Couldn't hurt to rule it out

Just plugged in the PS3 with component cables. Same issue, so its not the HDMI signal exclusively. I'll try hooking it up to my PC monitor to try now.

Tirod

Yea you can save a bunch of character designs to load into various servers. You just have to pick your job/diety stuff before you pick a server each time.

You just saved me the trouble of alt-tabbing and refreshing for several hours then, thank you. I'll just try again at midnight, I've got a terrible sleeping pattern right now anyways.

Good luck to anyone else still going at it.

Its not a glitch or anything, its definitely got to be something really small that you're missing. I know that after that quest,
you get the crown back, then you go to return it to where Papashan and the other guards are stationed. Afterwards you end up getting introduced to Raubahn.
Maybe someone could go check the sequence of cutscenes for that quest in the inn?

i see enough bug reports on the forum about this that i fear it might be a gamebreaking bug... haven't seen any fix or what not yet. :S

i checked the cutscenes. sultana invites me to banquet.

TnK

Hi GAF, I asked here about the collector's edition registering as normal, and whether or not I would be getting getting the pre-order items. I was told that it doesn't mention in the mog network, but I would be getting the items via mail from the mog in game. I have not recieved my items, is this normal?

Anyone, please?

Eusis

Man, this has been the roughest day yet for me trying to get int. Maybe I'll try closer to 8, and admittedly I tried longer than I had before, but no one seems to be getting off Ultros ever. :(

Tendo

Has there been any talk of us getting game time added on? I'm losing my free days and haven't been able to login since Tuesday. This is bogus :(

Lulubop

So I think I'm gonna try this out for a month, but I'm not sure if I have to buy the game again even if I own the vanilla version. How would I go about this? SE site isn't being to helpful.Thanks.

Teknoman

Has there been any talk of us getting game time added on? I'm losing my free days and haven't been able to login since Tuesday. This is bogus :(

To thank all of you for bearing with us for so long, we will be looking into different ways to reward our loyal fans and customers, such as an extension of the free trial period. Details on the plans we have in the works will be announced shortly.

You just saved me the trouble of alt-tabbing and refreshing for several hours then, thank you. I'll just try again at midnight, I've got a terrible sleeping pattern right now anyways.

Good luck to anyone else still going at it.

Yea good luck, gonna give up and hopefully get in tomorrow morning.

This has been one of the worst MMO launches I've experienced in a long time.

Why did quest hubs just disappear at 47? I gotta grind 2 whole levels, egads.

I've already finished my hunting log, and i"m out of allowances...

FATEs are getting tirresome.

Teknoman

So I think I'm gonna try this out for a month, but I'm not sure if I have to buy the game again even if I own the vanilla version. How would I go about this? SE site isn't being to helpful.Thanks.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/607fcd5b2c7eca6ff3e9e9b097d1f1fdcc37b4db

Are there any quests for you in any of the cities, or backtracking to different camps? Sometimes new stuff pops up in old places, or places you may not have visited yet in old locations.

Tendo

To thank all of you for bearing with us for so long, we will be looking into different ways to reward our loyal fans and customers, such as an extension of the free trial period. Details on the plans we have in the works will be announced shortly.

Rad. There have been so many "our bad" posts I missed this. Thanks.

Controller ppl, in large FATEs, I'm having a hard time targeting new enemies after my target is killed. Is there an easy way to target enemies when the screen is filled with players and enemies?

Go into Character Configuration and create a filter that targets only enemies and use it in FATEs.

At 47 I believe I had tons of quest from Mor'dhona and Northern Thanalan. In fact, the main story breadcrumbs you into those quest hubs.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/607fcd5b2c7eca6ff3e9e9b097d1f1fdcc37b4db

Are there any quests for you in any of the cities, or backtracking to different camps? Sometimes new stuff pops up in old places, or places you may not have visited yet in old locations.
I'll give some hubs a look through when I get back in. But I'm pretty sure the entire world is explored at this point and the only new hubs would be at Bluefog/Ceruleum.

So the only thing left are old hubs. We'll see.

Eusis

GAF is the biggest, so it's the other communities' fault for jumping on our boat!
Well, I wonder about 4chan...

But yeah, Neogaf was well publicized, any large community should've looked there and gone "nope, we're heading for, uhh, Leviathan instead" or something. Though given how seemingly all NA servers are congested maybe it didn't really matter. At least you can still create on Ultros, I was thinking to jump on Hyperion sometime but far as I know that's closed off to newcomers.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I wish this game was bad so that i wouldn't be upset when I cant log in. Oh well, DOTA 2 until the server clears up.

Hellix

So for anyone who botched adding their game key incorrectly to their existing preorder account, have you been contacted at all by SE? All I got was an email on Tuesday saying they were looking at my trouble ticket within the next 2 business days.

After I submitted my ticket, I got an e-mail saying it should be solved within 48 hours but it said it was concerning the beta. I guess it was some mistake? Anyway, they just posted this tonight.

Due to the overwhelming ticket volume in regards to the upcoming launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, the North American SQUARE ENIX Support Center has closed all open tickets over 48 hours old.

This was done in order to prioritize and address time-sensitive issues being reported post-launch.

Please rest assured that we are making the necessary improvements to handle this increased volume and to reach out to as many players as possible.

I just submitted another ticket but it doesn't look like this is going to be solved any time soon.

Joqu

Have any PS3 players here been having overscan issues? It's very weird, my TV has never had any overscan like this with other PS3 games, but it's cutting of loads of image with ffxiv. I know the HUD can be moved, but not everything is movable. Can't even see the skip button during cutscenes.

A quick Google search shows that other people are having the same problem. I don't get it, isn't this game 720p? :/

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
That SAME thing just happened to me earlier today. I'm playing on PC and I freaked out thinking it was my GPU, so I tried a few other games and there were no artifacts at all, thank goodness. I uninstalled FF, redownloaded the FF client, and reinstalled it. No problems anymore :).

It's definitely an engine/program issue I'd imagine, as apparently it happens on both platforms.

Mine still does this after I redownloaded the game. It's very hard to play.

Just tried the game on my PC monitor instead of the HDTV, the problem is less prevalent, but still there. I highly doubt the PS3 is dying in any fashion, as enough of us are experiencing the issue, but it seems extremely isolated and a small minority. Just really have seen zero signs of issue elsewhere in other games.

I really hope in time a patch or hotfix potentially fixes this, but sadly I doubt enough of us are having the problem for them to bother looking into it. At this point I may just wait for the PS4 version next year. The issue is way too distracting and problematic to deal with. Server issues are a top priority right now also for the team. I can either get a cheap newish PS3 slim to try out(switching up the HDD like a simm card?) or maybe get the PC version, but meh...

Goddamnit, really digging the game too.

Titan was a fun fight. he was no superboss, but at least interesting when you have randoms with you that don't want to free people. the music definitely helped to get the point across.

Heh, put on conspiracy hat... I was playing... sound goes completely out (on ps3). No music, no sound effects, nothing. So, like an idiot, I log out and TRY to log back in to take care of the sound... I now hear music.... just the character selection music :(

I've had that happen as well, haven't dared log out to fix it though..

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yes, but leveling to 50 doesn't take too long to do. There are probably a few more 50s in the group and I'd probably be there too if I had taken Tuesday off of work.

Yeah, but don't you have to be logged on to level? I couldn't even get on during the last phase of beta. I've had the last couple days off and I'm lv5.

Well today I was free to work memos. Didn't know today was a 9 hour day so I just got home I'm not even gonna play tonight. I'm just gonna watch this new episode of Naruto and maybe watch that prequel movie in my collecter's edition.

smr00

Banned
So FATES are the best way of getting the seals, right? where would i go to farm those at level 24-25? Someone told me north shroud and at 24 i was getting gimped because i wasn't high enough.

I'm coming back from FF14 ver1 although I didn't play the first version enough to get legacy account. is it worth to get digital upgrade to CE?

I know its frustrating, but they are giving us free time and a huge upgrade of servers next week. Should've been earlier but it is coming.

They're extending the free play period? Where did they say that? I saw the extended early access.... but considering I got to play 2 days of even the extended early access I'd say we're a bit short.

Just give me a queue damnit

WarMacheen

Well after 4.5 hours of trying to log on, I give up.

As much as I hate to say it. I'm going to log on in the morning, and I'm not logging off until Sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom