• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatti-man

Well after 4.5 hours of trying to log on, I give up.

As much as I hate to say it. I'm going to log on in the morning, and I'm not logging off until Sunday night.

As long as I log in before 5pm cat I'm usually good. Wouldn't dare to log off during peak times unless I was done playing.

daveo42

Banned
Yeah, but don't you have to be logged on to level? I couldn't even get on during the last phase of beta. I've had the last couple days off and I'm lv5.

I was on all weekend and only had like 2 login issues and was able to log back in with a few hours. Every other day I've been able to log in within 15 minutes of getting home. I have been fairly lucky this past week.

Rootbeer

Banned
Managed to login around 1pm... played for about 5 hours, had to log out... i'm dreading trying to login again, but I'm gonna start trying here in a bit... sigh

Eusis

I'm kind of obsessive about accurate time keeping, so if FFXIV:ARR ever adds the ability to see how long I played I don't want to muddy that by staying on all the time.

... Plus it's hot and I don't have AC right now, so I really don't want the PS3 running all day just to keep my place.

nikos

:O I'm only lvl 26 CNJ. Got any tips where to level? ;__; this is takin forever. Also where do you get the horsey?

Felt like it took forever for me as well. Sometimes I wasn't sure where to go, others I had lots of quests to do. I found that following the story usually led me to areas with quests for my level.

Is that a part of the main quest line or is it a hard to find side quest? And congrats on getting your unicorn! I have been seeing a lot more on my server. Trying not to get jealous.

When you hit 30, return to the Conjurers' Guild and the quest will be there. Same for the WHM quest. Thanks! :D

Rootbeer

Banned
Mmmkay i got into a 19 person queue on the first try... at 8pm... not bad, not bad. but it is a thursday. Tomorrow and Saturday could be diferent.

*edit* nevermind got kicked out of queue after about 90 secs. awesome.

Lain

You know the more I think about it, the more it makes me believe that as far as server infrastructure there is incompetence involved.

1. AFK people staying on a server forever. I remember games as far back as EQ having a system in place to kick people out due to inactivity. This is a basic function of any server environment infrastructure, not just for gaming but for thousands of different implementations of a Client/server relation.

EQ didn't kick you out (at least when it was released). In EQ, we had to ask GMs to please disconnect our AFK friends. I remember this because I ended up asleep on the keyboard more than once when playing the game, not to mention the times we had to ask a GM to please disconnect our sleeping Guild Leader.

Did FFXI kick you out after a certain period of inactivity? For some reason I remember falling asleep while waiting for a party invite, only to wake up some time later with my character still on and no party invite (once I woke up just as an invite arrived, I thought I was still dreaming).

Victrix

*beard*
YoshiP said:
The fact that we had to implement these restrictions is a direct result of my inaccurate sales and login estimates, and as producer, I must accept complete responsibility for this misstep. Each and every player who has been affected has my deepest apologies.

Man. Whatever I might think of this game, whether or not I think the sub model is dumb, Yoshi has class. Really like the guy. I realize it's sort of culturally japanese to fall on your sword and take blame, but I've read enough of his missives and seen him talk enough to know that he means it.

Plus, frankly, it's borderline shocking to see an actual admission of fault from a corporate approved letter these days (and I don't actually think this is his fault explicitly, every mmo launch in the history of ever has problems).

Or maybe I'm just too used to seeing EA/Nintendo/Sony/MS press releases :p

Roulette

I like to make up fake fixes while trying to log in, such as rotating my character 3 times at the selection screen then login.

tumblr_m7vbehzEyh1qgoxhdo1_500.gif

"I made a game of it!"

wrongway

Mmmkay i got into a 19 person queue on the first try... at 8pm... not bad, not bad. but it is a thursday. Tomorrow and Saturday could be diferent.

*edit* nevermind got kicked out of queue after about 90 secs. awesome.

That's what happened to me a few hours ago. Been trying off and on since with no luck. Seems like the worst congestion yet.

Jaleel

Alright guys, its time to talk about the 800 pound gorila in the room. Does anyone else find it a bit annoying that you can't speak to NPCs while mounted? Maybe it's because I come from playing World of Warcraft but I keep making the mistake of spam clicking a NPC to only realize that I have to demount before anything happens.

Alucrid

Banned
Alright guys, its time to talk about the 800 pound gorila in the room. Does anyone else find it a bit annoying that you can't speak to NPCs while mounted? Maybe it's because I come from playing World of Warcraft but I keep making the mistake of spam clicking a NPC to only realize that I have to demount before anything happens.

That's not an 800 pound gorilla, but it is annoying.

Eusis

Given that earlier on they're rentals? Yeah, that's kind of bullshit.

Rootbeer

Banned
kicking AFK system should really be their priority.

you ain't kidding... and set it low, like 20 or 30 minutes. then once they get a lot of the server probems worked out they can raise it up higher if they feel like it. anything to let more people actually play

cause it's no joke, you see tons of people just standing around. i'm not going to watch them forever to see how long they stay there but there's definitely a lot that are just staying online because they are fully aware of the loophole

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Did FFXI kick you out after a certain period of inactivity? For some reason I remember falling asleep while waiting for a party invite, only to wake up some time later with my character still on and no party invite (once I woke up just as an invite arrived, I thought I was still dreaming).

Only if you set it to log off after a certain time in the options.
Some people were logged on for weeks or months at a time, if only because they wanted to offer items for sale from their character while they were gone.
Yet I never saw a queue or full server the entire 9 years I played.

Just tried the game on my PC monitor instead of the HDTV, the problem is less prevalent, but still there. I highly doubt the PS3 is dying in any fashion, as enough of us are experiencing the issue, but it seems extremely isolated and a small minority. Just really have seen zero signs of issue elsewhere in other games.

I really hope in time a patch or hotfix potentially fixes this, but sadly I doubt enough of us are having the problem for them to bother looking into it. At this point I may just wait for the PS4 version next year. The issue is way too distracting and problematic to deal with. Server issues are a top priority right now also for the team. I can either get a cheap newish PS3 slim to try out(switching up the HDD like a simm card?) or maybe get the PC version, but meh...

Goddamnit, really digging the game too.

tried rebuilding database on your PS3? i have no issues with my launch unit.

Teknoman

They're extending the free play period? Where did they say that? I saw the extended early access.... but considering I got to play 2 days of even the extended early access I'd say we're a bit short.

Just give me a queue damnit

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...-on-Access-Restrictions?p=1111872#post1111872

To thank all of you for bearing with us for so long, we will be looking into different ways to reward our loyal fans and customers, such as an extension of the free trial period. Details on the plans we have in the works will be announced shortly.

FLEABttn

Banned
you ain't kidding... and set it low, like 20 or 30 minutes. then once they get a lot of the server probems worked out they can raise it up higher if they feel like it. anything to let more people actually play

cause it's no joke, you see tons of people just standing around. i'm not going to watch them forever to see how long they stay there but there's definitely a lot that are just staying online because they are fully aware of the loophole

For about the hour I was able to play today before I got kicked off and couldn't get back on, there were a good 25-75 AFK people in towns alone that I visited, never mind the three main cities.

They need to kill the AFKing and that needs to be something that is in the game in two weeks if the fixes next week don't do enough.

Aeana

Well, I unlocked white mage today, got my unicorn, and did Haukke Manor two times. It's a pretty neat dungeon, but the way the last fight plays out makes things really hectic. Spawning so many difficult adds right at the end is cruel. The first time through, the fight went really smoothly, but the second time, we wiped a couple of times.

nikos

Well, I unlocked white mage today, got my unicorn, and did Haukke Manor two times. It's a pretty neat dungeon, but the way the last fight plays out makes things really hectic. Spawning so many difficult adds right at the end is cruel. The first time through, the fight went really smoothly, but the second time, we wiped a couple of times.

Doing HM for the first time right now with a not-so-great tank. Hope this goes well. :eek:

i see enough bug reports on the forum about this that i fear it might be a gamebreaking bug... haven't seen any fix or what not yet. :S

i checked the cutscenes. sultana invites me to banquet.

If it is that scene then you need to have earrings made and then wear them or they will not let you into the banquet.

You need to get the quest "Matter of Tradition" first to make the earnings ( Voice of the Just), then after they are made you put them on to enter the banquet.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I don't know if I just suck with controllers (as I rarely use them anymore), but I had some bad luck with targeting. I would some how target mobs that were standing behind me that I couldn't even see, I would constantly target the wrong mobs, and targeting other people was impossible for me. lol

Also, 3102... woo.

wrongway

Lol, that's a new one. I finally landed in the queue, but it's not progressing. It's just been sitting at 82, where it started, for the last few minutes.

Iadien

Lol, that's a new one. I finally landed in the queue, but it's not progressing. It's just been sitting at 82, where it started, for the last few minutes.

That's how the queue has worked for me, you should get in soon.

pixlexic

Banned
I don't know if I just suck with controllers (as I rarely use them anymore), but I had some bad luck with targeting. I would some how target mobs that were standing behind me that I couldn't even see, I would constantly target the wrong mobs, and targeting other people was impossible for me. lol

Also, 3102... woo.

dpad.. side ways targets mobs ,, up and down targets people in your party and yourself.

Cystm

To hell with Ultros, I'm creating another character somewhere else. Any gaffer in Adamantoise, Cactuar, Midgarsorwhatever?

Ultros is one of the lower pop servers (comparatively), I thought? Did they not just take it of the character creation restrictions?

Iadien

dpad.. side ways targets mobs ,, up and down targets people in your party and yourself.

Unless the dpad on my 360 controller is shit, I don't know what else it could be. I'm a level 21 gladiator, 15 conjurer, so I have played quite a bit with a controller, and I still have many issues with targeting. Anyway, I stopped using a controller. I was only using a controller to add extra difficulty to the game, but not being able to target the stuff I want is just irritating me. hah

Dizzy-4U

Ultros is one of the lower pop servers (comparatively), I thought? Did they not just take it of the character creation restrictions?
I really don't know, but it's really hard to get in all the time. My character there was only lvl 10 anyways, so no big loss.

Anyways, creating a character in Cactuar for now, Maybe I'll pay the transfer in the future, let's see how it goes.

I really don't know, but it's really hard to get in all the time. My character there was only lvl 10 anyways, so no big loss.

Anyways, creating a character in Cactuar for now, Maybe I'll pay the transfer in the future, let's see how it goes.

Log-in restrictions all day every day until Mid September rolls around and that's when they implement server transfers... smart, SE. Smart.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Which server has the lowest population? I think I'm ditching GAF until you can buy server transfers. Sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom