• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timeaisis

So I just registered my code on Mog Station. Showed 31 days. But, after I put in my credit card info for auto renewal, it no longer shows my 31 remaining days. Anyone else get this? Is that supposed to happen? I don't want my CC charged until my free 30 days runs out.

Adeptrain

Question.
Being dps, the first storyline group dungeon (sanatos or something) will take me forever to que. So, can I que in on the dutyfinder as my archer and change my class to Fishing without losing my place in the que?

Teknoman

Hell yeah! I got in at 9:00PM PST. Keep trying, people!

That's when SE is looking to implement server transfers, according to the news at Mogstation.

Aww, was hoping all that stuff would happen at the same time as the server upgrades/adds.

Question.
Being dps, the first storyline group dungeon (sanatos or something) will take me forever to que. So, can I que in on the dutyfinder as my archer and change my class to Fishing without losing my place in the que?

Sastasha? You should be able to. I think you just have to switch back to the registered class before confirming that you're ready.

So I just registered my code on Mog Station. Showed 31 days. But, after I put in my credit card info for auto renewal, it no longer shows my 31 remaining days. Anyone else get this? Is that supposed to happen? I don't want my CC charged until my free 30 days runs out.

You shouldnt be charged till the trial runs out, and thats looking to be a little longer now.

Question.

Yeah, but it will make you switch back when the queue pops.

Seijuro

Question.

yes you can.
you could also try looking for a party the old fashioned way, which atm works faster for dps classes.

Yondy604

Banned
Hey guys.

What kind of endgame content is der right now? (level 50).

I know 2.1 has crystal tower. but what about right now?.

I finished the story, How many LOOT dungeons are there?

ty!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I created a character just now on the only open NA server, Adamantoise.
Couldn't log on there, either. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Is it just me or did Ultros/the NA servers just shit the bed? Saw a crapton of people log at once from the GAF guild, and then I got d/ced as well, and now no server list.

If it is that scene then you need to have earrings made and then wear them or they will not let you into the banquet.

You need to get the quest "Matter of Tradition" first to make the earnings ( Voice of the Just), then after they are made you put them on to enter the banquet.

yep, and that quest starts with the sand guild gal... which i see no quest bubble and she gives stock dialogue.

ffxiv_08292013_205631.png

Ravidrath

Just was disconnected, and now the Lobby Servers are down.

Guess I'll ask here what I asked there: is there any way to customize which quests show up in your on-screen log?

SkyOdin

yep, and that quest starts with the sand guild gal... which i see no quest bubble and she gives stock dialogue.
It doesn't start with Momodi. The quest starts with someone around the Heart of the Sworn, who then directs you towards Momodi as part of the quest. The next story quest always starts in the same spot the last quest ended.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Does anyone know whens the last time any of the NA Servers were open to new characters?

There was one last time I checked, which was a few minutes ago.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well, I unlocked white mage today, got my unicorn, and did Haukke Manor two times. It's a pretty neat dungeon, but the way the last fight plays out makes things really hectic. Spawning so many difficult adds right at the end is cruel. The first time through, the fight went really smoothly, but the second time, we wiped a couple of times.
You are going to love Qarn then :p

Khrno

This is me using Meteor for the first time, I was a little bit too slow clicking prtscr.

I forgot to take screenshots of Hydra. I also did The Wanderer's Palace today, it was crazy at the beginning, but after figuring out the mechanics of the Tonberries, it was pretty simple, but very fun nonetheless.

Tomorrow I'll be completing my BLM quests and retaking my relic quest, and maybe some more dungeon farming to get tokens for Darklight accesories.

Teletraan1

Banned
man... im really bummed out. haven't been bummed out about a game in ages... was gonna take tomorrow off of work to play... but I guess ill go to work tomorrow.

/sulks

Did you try clicking on the npc. Some times the exclamation sign/quest symbol does not appear above their heads on my computer when there is a lot of people around. It isnt showing on the mini map so this is probably a total shot in the dark but its worth a try.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Man this game is so good I took tomorrow free. Yes... I'll spend the whole fucking day playing. :p! I am Level 13... slowly getting into the game's mechanics, plus I am a MMORPG newbie... and I am loving it. Definitely looking forward to Sastasha and Ifrit... and Titan... you guys have me hyped. So far slowly getting into party playing, especially with the Duty Finder which is useful since its allowing me to understand a few concepts. As a THM... the search didn't last more than 10 minutes. As a sidenote, I have noticed that sometimes my cursor jumps between enemies. I am playing with the Gamepad, and I was doing the second duty finder quest, and I was aiming at the smaller enemies but after attacking them once the game aimed at the main boss again and I had to try and select the smaller baddies. Any reason for this?

itschris

Man this game is so good I took tomorrow free. Yes... I'll spend the whole fucking day playing. :p! I am Level 13... slowly getting into the game's mechanics, plus I am a MMORPG newbie... and I am loving it. Definitely looking forward to Sastasha and Ifrit... and Titan... you guys have me hyped. So far slowly getting into party playing, especially with the Duty Finder which is useful since its allowing me to understand a few concepts. As a THM... the search didn't last more than 10 minutes. As a sidenote, I have noticed that sometimes my cursor jumps between enemies. I am playing with the Gamepad, and I was doing the second duty finder quest, and I was aiming at the smaller enemies but after attacking them once the game aimed at the main boss again and I had to try and select the smaller baddies. Any reason for this?

You have one main target, so if you just select a new target with the D-Pad and cast a spell, you'll go back to your main one after that. To pick a new main target, press X after you select it.

In my case (as a Conjurer) it's useful for healing, for example - I keep the tank as my main target and can quickly throw a heal at someone else when they need it and go right back to the tank afterwards.

Varna

Does the TAB targeting seem really bad to anyone else? Just doesn't feel like it targets the nearest enemy most of the time. I wish we could target whatever the mouse was hovering over or hell, just have some crosshair in the middle of the screen.

Hubb

Just was disconnected, and now the Lobby Servers are down.

Guess I'll ask here what I asked there: is there any way to customize which quests show up in your on-screen log?

Nope, most recent quests will show up there, old ones get pushed out.

Does the TAB targeting seem really bad to anyone else? Just doesn't feel like it targets the nearest enemy most of the time. I wish we could target whatever the mouse was hovering over or hell, just have some crosshair in the middle of the screen.

You can set up a filter for the tab targeting that makes it much better.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
You have one main target, so if you just select a new target with the D-Pad and cast a spell, you'll go back to your main one after that. To pick a new main target, press X after you select it.

In my case (as a Conjurer) it's useful for healing, for example - I keep the tank as my main target and can quickly throw a heal at someone else when they need it and go right back to the tank afterwards.

Aaah thanks! :)

For the White Mages out there - what is up with Stoneskin? Is it just a garbage spell at around level 35? It costs twice as much as Cure I, and in the best case scenario, covers about 200 health (10% of the approx. 2000 a tank has) while Cure I heals for about 300 and can proc Freecure.

Is there something I'm missing? Or is it just a shit spell until you get Graniteskin?

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
kicking AFK system should really be their priority.

I agree with you. I don't think they've ever read the 80/20 principle. I bet with an AFK system in place (20%) we would not be suffering a lot of the log in problems we are suffering (80%).

kiryogi

Banned
http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-pax-prime-launch-event

At this year's PAX Prime 2013, in celebration of the release of FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn, we're very excited to announce the official Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Launch event! From August 30th - September 1st, attendees will get to geek out with fellow Eorzea virtual inhabitants and reminisce about the good ole days before Meteor changed everything. We'll also have members from the Development Team in attendance including the infamous Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida, Sound Director Masayoshi Soken and Localization Lead Michael-Christopher Koji Fox who will be giving a special presentation.

Following the presentation, members of the development team will host a special autograph session for fans.

OMFG I GET TO MEET YOSHIP

Anteater

Woo the sunken temple was kind of fun, died a few times at the boss. lvl41 with Stone Vigil unlocked, probably not gonna be doing that til Sunday.

Edit: Wow at the yellow gears, time to buy some dye.

Tarazet

Got in within 5 minutes of spamming 0 on the number pad, at 8 PM PST on Midgardsormr. Since they locked down the logins to fix the stability problems, that's literally the sum total of the delay I've had trying to get in to the game, but I guess that server isn't quite as hammered as a bunch of others.

Teletraan1

Banned
For the White Mages out there - what is up with Stoneskin? Is it just a garbage spell at around level 35? It costs twice as much as Cure I, and in the best case scenario, covers about 200 health (10% of the approx. 2000 a tank has) while Cure I heals for about 300 and can proc Freecure.

Is there something I'm missing? Or is it just a shit spell until you get Graniteskin?

I found it to be lacking. (42 atm) Maybe if I knew the fights better you could pre-cast it on people prior to big damage bursts. I basically used it when the tank was pretty much full and I had nothing to heal but it only really mitigated 1 single hit from a boss. It just seems so unattractive. When I am soloing I never take more damage that a Cleric Stance casted Regen can keep me alive with and since it scales off health I dont bother with it. It takes longer to cast initially than Cure II, has the same mana cost, the 30m duration almost seems like a troll because the only way it would last 30m is if you were afking to avoid login issues. Like I said in a previous post I hope it better scales better at 50. It seem kinda meh now.

Tarazet

I found it to be lacking. (42 atm) Maybe if I knew the fights better you could pre-cast it on people prior to big damage bursts. I basically used it when the tank was pretty much full and I had nothing to heal but it only really mitigated 1 single hit from a boss. It just seems so unattractive. When I am soloing I never take more damage that a Cleric Stance casted Regen can keep me alive with and since it scales off health I dont bother with it. It takes longer to cast initially than Cure II, has the same mana cost, the 30m duration almost seems like a troll because the only way it would last 30m is if you were afking to avoid login issues. Like I said in a previous post I hope it better scales better at 50. It seem kinda meh now.

Being able to bubble the tank is pure gold and win, just ask any WoW healer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom